AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-13, 06:57   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Haruhi Suzumiya - Requests for new threads

Since the Suzumiya Haruhi forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Suzumiya Haruhi thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2006-04-13, 07:19   Link #2
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I guess we need the de facto Avatar and Sig request thread and the spoilerious Q&A Thread.
Old 2006-04-13, 07:30   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I guess we need the de facto Avatar and Sig request thread and the spoilerious Q&A Thread.
Indeed!

There is the SOS団 Images (Warning: images exceed 10MB) thread so I'm not sure if that would do for the Av and Sig request thread or not

During the next couple of days, I'm sure the Mods will create the usual sort of threads we have in the forums. I'll create a Q & A thread now.

Mind, judging by the first spisode Suzumiya Haruhi isn't exactly your normal anime so we may allow a wider range of threads in this forum maybe.
Old 2006-04-13, 09:25   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
There is the SOS団 Images (Warning: images exceed 10MB) thread so I'm not sure if that would do for the Av and Sig request thread or not
Hmmm...How about if I change that thread over to a "wallpaper, screen caps, artwork, ect.) thread and create a separate thread for avatars & sigs? That way we can keep large wallpaper dumps separate from Signatures & Avatars.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-13 at 09:40.
Old 2006-04-13, 10:23   Link #5
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hmmm...How about if I change that thread over to a "wallpaper, screen caps, artwork, ect.) thread and create a separate thread for avatars & sigs? That way we can keep large wallpaper dumps separate from Signatures & Avatars.
Well, now that we have our own forum (yipee!) that is indeed possible. The Images thread was my attempt at collating the dozens of Haruhi and SOS団 gifs, images, screencaps and other material that was buried in the one gigant Haruhi thread.

Let me look at the stuff, I'll make a list of possible threads shortly.

Edit:

Well, looking at the SOS団 thread, I actually think it's pretty cool as-is. It's a dumping ground for practically everything Haruhi-related and it fits well with the vibe of the series... especially if one has seen the official website.

I think, as it is, it serves its purpose well; a place to put or find practically any image Haruhi-related. The few large pictures there are already thumbnailed, and why I think that wallpapers may indeed warrant their own thread, the SOS団 Images thread is a unique and happy place that should by left as it is.

...perhaps stickied, although I shall admit to some bias.

The Avatar and Signature request thread is there for people to request specific Haruhi-related avatars and images, and a Wallpaper thread would serve to allow requests and posts of wallpaper-sized images. For everything else, we have a generic, fun, hypnotic thread of awesome. Liquid awesome.

Edit mark2:

Actually, I wouldn't mind creating a FAQ thread to cover the stuff that's been asked a lot... (Ex: Why are there two mangas? What is the anime based on? What is Kyon's real name? Does the cat really talk? etc). Where would I create this?

Edit mark3:

Also, a Suzumiya Haruhi Speculation thread wouldn't go astray, either. It's be a place to discuss the more general (and 'spoily') issues present in the anime, manga and novels that are not, specifically, epidsode- or medium-related. Things like, who is Kyon? Why don't we know his name? Why does Haruhi change her hair every day... really?

Last edited by sophismata; 2006-04-13 at 10:43.
Old 2006-04-13, 12:25   Link #6
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

How about a SOS-dan rules and charter thread?

What would an establishment such as the SOS-dan set out as its purpose?

I imagine that they would be sort of like the anti-MiB. Instead of covering up the existence of Aliens, they would try and get more people to know about them. But in some cases, such as where an alien or time traveler was threatened by knowledge of their existence, the SOS-dan would want to hide them so that they could continue to exist.
Old 2006-04-13, 16:20   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thread request: Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation

There's a lot to say about the great work of all concerned. And about the way the voice-over works. And I have photos and information about the seiyuus for the three main girls.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-04-13, 17:11   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Thread request: Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation

There's a lot to say about the great work of all concerned. And about the way the voice-over works. And I have photos and information about the seiyuus for the three main girls.
That sounds like a good idea. Can I try out a new idea here for your suggestion.

Can you (Kaoru Chujo) make a post (in this thread) as if you were creating a new Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation thread. Post the images and information along with an "introduction" paragraph as if you were making the first post of a new thread.

Once posted I (or another Mod) can split it from this thread and use it to create a new thread. At least that's the idea, it may not work exactly right but it's worth a go.

Here's an example for the opening paragraph I've stolen from the one Catgirls made in the template for the Kashimashi Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion (he's much better than I am for this sort of thing ). The following can be cut and pasted as is into your post.

Quote:
The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of [B]Suzumiya Haruhi[/B]. My hope is that discussion will center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
[LIST][*][B]- Don't take it personally.[/B]
In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

[*][B]- Voice Actors are humans.[/B]
Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.[/LIST]
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Ah well, NoSanninWa has already created the new SOS Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation
Old 2006-04-13, 17:58   Link #9
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
How about a SOS-dan rules and charter thread?

What would an establishment such as the SOS-dan set out as its purpose?

I imagine that they would be sort of like the anti-MiB. Instead of covering up the existence of Aliens, they would try and get more people to know about them. But in some cases, such as where an alien or time traveler was threatened by knowledge of their existence, the SOS-dan would want to hide them so that they could continue to exist.
Maybe we need to clarify that by 'SOS-dan' here we're meaning more of a fan-club for the anime/its ideas with further in-club divisions to cater for fans of different characters. Kinda like taking the Shuffle-istic character groupings (KKK, NNN etc.) but with an umbrella organization above all that for the anime as a whole.

For example:

S.O.S. Operational Support Brigade
> Task Force 'H' - Haruhi
> 'Y' Xeno-Battalion - Yuki
> Chrono-corps 'M' - Mikuru
> etc.

Something like that

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-13, 20:30   Link #10
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

I've got another idea: The Haruhi's Possee Image Jam

I started by seeding it with a few interesting things...

http://rpi.edu/~nugend/images/possejam.png

The idea being that whenever you post, you add someone/something Haruhi would find fun or interesting.
Old 2006-04-14, 00:34   Link #11
sophismata
いいえ

I'm going to suggest keeping the Episode 1 Discussion/Poll thread up (stickied), even as the series progresses, because of the nature of the first episode... especially since newcomers to the series will probably have some questions regarding it.

So, with Episode 3, have the sticky discussions for 3 and 1, with 4, 4 and 1, and so on and so forth.
Old 2006-04-14, 03:44   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophismata
As I said earlier, here is the FAQ I wanted to do:
Very impressive. As you probably noticed, I moved it to its own thread and stickied it. If you make more posts for it here, some moderator would be glad to move it to the now locked thread.

If you need to edit an already posted part, something will be worked out. Just PM a currently online moderator and ask him/her to unlock it for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-14, 08:03   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, can we get a Merchandise thread.. to talk about the OST, DVDs etc?
Old 2006-04-14, 08:10   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Hmm, can we get a Merchandise thread.. to talk about the OST, DVDs etc?
By all means, if no one beats me to it, I'll create one sometime this afternoon.
Old 2006-04-14, 10:08   Link #15
mugener

Question

I wonder how everyone think of the chance of Suzumiya Haruhi to come America.

It look like Suzumiya Haruhi is quiet popular among AnimeSuki and BlogSuki.

Is it just small mount of hardcored fans who speak loudly, or lots of America anime viewer are really interested on this show?

Alright, I admit, it's all because that I want to hear how kyon's dub will be done.

Old 2006-04-14, 10:16   Link #16
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener
I wonder how everyone think of the chance of Suzumiya Haruhi to come America.

It look like Suzumiya Haruhi is quiet popular among AnimeSuki and BlogSuki.

Is it just small mount of hardcored fans who speak loudly, or lots of America anime viewer are really interested on this show?

Alright, I admit, it's all because that I want to hear how kyon's dub will be done.
And this has what to do with requesting a new Suzumiya Haruhi thread????

Did you post in the wrong thread. It either needs to go in the generic Suzumiya Haruhi thread or the VA thread
Old 2006-04-14, 10:20   Link #17
mugener

Quote:
And this has what to do with requesting a new Suzumiya Haruhi thread????

Did you post in the wrong thread. It either needs to go in the generic Suzumiya Haruhi thread or the VA thread
I want to have a thread about how fans think of this show coming to America.

But I found that I can't create any thread, so all I can do is post here.

Old 2006-04-14, 12:06   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmm, can we get a novel -> anime discussion thread? I'm sure there are people who can't read the novels due to the inability to read Japanese, lack of a good source to buy the novels, and/or the lack of time to thoroughly read them (like me ), so I think it would be nice to have a thread that talks specifically about how the anime is differing or staying on track with the novels.

It would also be nice to have a thread that talks about the novels specifically, for the same type of people who can't read the novels listed above, that would be for novel spoilers, asking questions about the novels, and posting summaries of the novels
Old 2006-04-14, 12:54   Link #19
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Hmm, can we get a novel -> anime discussion thread? I'm sure there are people who can't read the novels due to the inability to read Japanese, lack of a good source to buy the novels, and/or the lack of time to thoroughly read them (like me ), so I think it would be nice to have a thread that talks specifically about how the anime is differing or staying on track with the novels.
Do you mean a Novel / Anime Differences thread?

If so, it would have to be made very clear in the first post that it's not meant for discussion of the novel or the anime directly, but to just list / speculate / discuss the differences between the two.

Maybe someone could make a post here suggesting just what such an introductory post would look like (assuming that Catgirls or NoSanninWa doesn't just go ahead and create it). I'm not familar with the novel so I'm not sure how to approach it.

And there is the question if such a thread would be required (more than using just the Q&A thread that is). What do others think about this, is it required?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
It would also be nice to have a thread that talks about the novels specifically, for the same type of people who can't read the novels listed above, that would be for novel spoilers, asking questions about the novels, and posting summaries of the novels
Maybe the best would be to convert the existing Suzumiya Haruhi novel and manga thread into a Suzumiya Haruhi novel discussion thread?

Once more of the manga is released, we can create a new manga discussion thread.
Old 2006-04-14, 23:12   Link #20
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Maybe the best would be to convert the existing Suzumiya Haruhi novel and manga thread into a Suzumiya Haruhi novel discussion thread?

Once more of the manga is released, we can create a new manga discussion thread.
I think that would serve both purposes; allowing a place for specific novel questions/discussion and a place for discussing the deviation from source of both the anime and manga.

I'd label it, though, "Suzumiya Haruhi (Novel Discussion)", and rename the existing Suzumiya Haruhi to "Suzumiya Haruhi (Anime Discussion)"... and when the time comes, add a manga discussion thread.

Also, I will add, it is my opinion that the "Episode 1 Discussion" thread should be kept stickied, along with the most recent aired episode (Ep 3 from tomorrow). This is because of the nature and timeline of Episode 1; not only does its difference and capacity as an introduction to the series warrant discussion on its own merits, but it also reveals large parts of the plot for people who are observant enough to notice; there are, futhermore, interesting parallels that can be drawn between the episode one "casting" and the actual characters themselves.
Closed Thread