Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-14, 15:53   Link #1
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Yumeiro Pâtissière

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The shoujo manga Yumeiro Pâtissière by Matsumoto Natsumi will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

The anime will start broadcast in October 2009.

==========

夢色パティシエール
Yumeiro Pâtissière (Yume-Iro Pâtissière)

The manga is serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Ribon.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Matsumoto Natsumi

Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Anime official website: http://pierrot.jp/title/yumeiro/

==========

Source: MoonPhase
I'm extremely surprised this got an anime adaption. Firstly, out of the current manga that is running on Ribon, I would have guessed Sakura Hime Kaiden would have got an anime adaption then any other manga on it. Arina Tanemura has an army of fangirls, she releases the most special edition and artbooks on Ribon. She has two series already animated and is quite popular with the target audience. I'm sure they can easily tone down Sakura Hime Kaiden to suit morning TV. Or even Momo by Mayu Sakai.

For a shoujo cooking manga, Kitchen Princess would have been a good choice. I've read manga by Matsumoto Natsumi, they're pretty medicore. It's not bad, but they always been typical shoujo. Her artwork is nothing amazing either. I would like to say I've read the first chapter in japanese raw, so maybe she finally did a one hit wonder?

The manga sales for this doesn't seem to be high. I never seen it on the manga charts ever. At least I seen Sakura hime Kaiden on the charts, and I think I saw Mayu Sakai's Rockin heaven too. I don't see who chosen to make this anime.

With some weird guesses, I'm thinking it's Satelite's Shugo Chara team. But then they only ever did Nakayoshi manga, like shugo Chara and Kamichama karin. Studio Deen done FMwS, and I heard it was quite successful even with the almost non-existant budget. Toei could just pull some people from the Pretty Cure team. Hal Film Makers/Yumeta could be making it, they done quite a bit of shoujo too.

As long as it's not that aiming to be the best school council presidant level of QUALITY, then I'm happy.
I'll definately take a look at this, but I'm still questioning why did this get an anime adaption, when there are certainly better grade-school-shoujo-manga out there.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2009-08-05 at 09:07.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:27   Link #2
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I also wonder why those more popular mangas didn't get an anime adaptation instead o_O

Anyway, this one didn't appeal to me. But I can't say for sure since I haven't read the actual manga. And I like cake stuff after all xD But hhhmm . . . it doesn't seem that great.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 05:11   Link #3
Ash Falls Town

I think this manga is getting a card game based on it. And everyone loves making anime on series with card games.
So basically it's a media-mix thing.

Anyway does anyone know what time slot or channel it's airing on? It's just that if it's TVTokyo it might be replacing Shugo Chara.

Off Topic but I think animators find Arina Tanemura's art style difficult to animate and that she is against the companies making their own art style. I'd be surprised if anything she writes ever gets animated again. On the other hand Kitchen Princess finished 6 months ago and is probably considered by companies to be old hat.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:10   Link #4
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I never found the base of her art style hard to do, at the end of the day, it's still shoujo art style. Her coloured artwork is another story, she honestly does the best traditional coloured art I ever saw. She's like the only one that still uses water colours for coloured art. I know she tries to make her manga 'hard' to animate, Sakura Hime Kaiden does look very hard to animate unless it had KyoAni to back it up. I'm a super Arina-chi fangirl, so I'm a little biased wanting her manga to be animated.

This link is to read the first chapter of the manga in raw, it is from the shueisha offical website, so it should be allowed here.
http://www.s-manga.net/comics/om_ri_rmc_yumeiro.html

From skipping through the first chapter, I can already imagine the first episode. I can even imagine the opening with LOTS of sparkles, bubbles, flowers and stars in pink/orange gradiant at the background, with each character showing up. God...everyone has the same frikkin face...but every shoujo has this problem.

Well this was only leaked because the trading card website leaked it. So we don't really know which animation team would work on it. If it's Shugo Chara team, I don't really mind. I can write a whole essay on why I thought Satelite did a great job on Shugo Chara. Oh if it is satelite, can I have Buono! doing the theme songs too, I mean even their group name means 'tasty' in italien.

I'm just hoping they would hire some DECENT seiyuus. I'm not asking any big names, but I want seiyuus that are NOT 12-16 idols who doesn't even know which way to talk into the mic (Maka from Soul Eater's seiyuu comes to mind). Elementary shoujo is always the target for bad seiyuus, look at Kirarin Revolution, that horrible-semi-2D/3D shoujo anime, Mamotte Lollipop, Mermaid Melody. I just want voices that isn NOT annoying to listen to.

Make it with decent animation, voices, music and I'll be happy. It's a shoujo, I'm not going to expect anything great. I never expected ANYTHING out of Shugo Chara, but it turned out great.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:24   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've seen ep1 and loved it. Simple, straightforward, comic young shoujo personal growth. No tension, pure optimism.

I look forward to learning more about patisseries. I liked seeing how to cool the pan when making crepes.

I hated Yuuki Aoi's voice at first, but as she deftly expressed more and more emotion, I came to like it. She is the 17-year-old seiyuu who played Murasaki in Kure-nai.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 04:59   Link #6
FireChick

I suppose nobody's going to sub this since Fansub Wiki doesn't say who's gonna sub it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:32   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I suppose nobody's going to sub this since Fansub Wiki doesn't say who's gonna sub it.
There is yet hope, since not every group seems to use that wiki, but it doesn't look good. I watched most of the ep once more and found it worked on me again. Maybe I'm just easily affected.

I note that this show is on at 7:00 am Sundays, and the sponsors are: Konami (games), Seiban (elementary school backpacks), Shouchiku (entertainment production), Takaratomy Arts (toys and figures for kids; e.g., Hello Kitty), and McDonald's. The intended audience is pretty young, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:32   Link #8
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I have one thing against this show because there was better mangas on Ribon to be animated.

I was listening to the opening, thinking it sounded familar...it's the person who did Pretty Cure songs, I kinda missed her. Eh...the tsundere-bishie this time has blonde hair instead of the usual black, I don't know why shoujo manga always make it dark hair. It's actually much better then I expected, thank god this went for the Shugo Chara route then Kirarin Revolution.

Oh my...France's anime con does look giantic. No wonder Jam Project went there. It makes me want to cry when I know it's only a channel away.
Old 2009-10-09, 10:16   Link #9
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Sakurahime Kaden DOES need to be animated but I think it'd be best to wait until it ends so the story doesn't get botched.

In the meantime....

I REALLY can't wait for more of this...AND PEOPLE BETTER FANSUB IT.

The anime's really cute.......and nicely animated....shockingly. XD Oh I forgot, it's not Satelite animating it-OUCH BURN.

Five things I already really like about it:

Spoiler for episode 1:

Those last three facts make it SO refreshing. lol Chiibi likes. I also think that Ichigo loving sweets might be a psychological thing (they are comforting because they remind her of her late grandmother) more than her just being a glutton and I really like that too.

Quote:
Off Topic but I think animators find Arina Tanemura's art style difficult to animate and that she is against the companies making their own art style. I'd be surprised if anything she writes ever gets animated again.
Pfffffft...it's not THAT HARD. Look at CLAMP'S shoujo style...no no, look at the LODOSS WAR OVAS DAMN.... And due to how well-received her other series were, there's no doubt in my mind that another one of her series will be animated. I really don't think it matters if it's "difficult" or not. It's about making more cash off the fans....which they certainly will!

Quote:
Eh...the tsundere-bishie this time has blonde hair instead of the usual black, I don't know why shoujo manga always make it dark hair.
XD I also find this a little odd. It's like the "prince" is always blond and the tsundere is always brunette. Maybe it's because dark hair fits a badboy image better than light hair? I do love it when it's switched. Like in Tokyo Mew Mew. Although that ended badly for my shipping heart. *rage*
Old 2009-10-11, 12:22   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Subs are out by SMS. Can't wait to check this out for myself, especially after reading Kaoru Chujo's thoughts on it.
Old 2009-10-12, 06:13   Link #11
FireChick

Yay! Subs are out! I'm gonna watch it later.

Edit: In just finished watching it and...I LOVE IT! Ichigo and Natsume are sooooo darn CUTE!! Does anyone know who voices Natsume!? She's TOO ADORABLE!!! And Ichigo's sweet too! Her grandmother and mother are so nice and supportive! Ichigo's voice as a little girl is ADORABLE!!!

Last edited by FireChick; 2009-10-12 at 06:47.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:50   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Yay! Subs are out! I'm gonna watch it later.

Edit: In just finished watching it and...I LOVE IT! Ichigo and Natsume are sooooo darn CUTE!! Does anyone know who voices Natsume!? She's TOO ADORABLE!!! And Ichigo's sweet too! Her grandmother and mother are so nice and supportive! Ichigo's voice as a little girl is ADORABLE!!!
Natsume is voiced by MIZUNO Mariko, whose only other role was a minor one in Umineko. She has done stage plays and some narration. Here are her agency page and her blog. Not sure how old she is.

From the end-credits, it looks as if YUUKI Aoi did Ichigo at all ages. Just for good measure, here is her Anime News Network page. She's 17. After Murasaki in Kure-nai, it was pretty clear she had a bright future.

Left: Mizuno Mariko 水野マリコ. Right: Yuuki Aoi 悠木碧.

Old 2009-10-12, 15:30   Link #13
Irisiel

This is probably the first time I've watched an anime based on a manga which I can't find scanlated anywhere (really, the manga wasn't popular enough to be scanlated?).

It's surprisingly cute, and I will check the next episode to see where it's going.

Based on the first episode, I'm surprised the manga hasn't been scanlated, if it's anything like the anime. It's a better start than Kitchen Princess' start (could we plz stop it with destined couples meeting at childhood when the girl is crying, and the guy cheer her up, and then the girl has enough memory loss not to identify him later, but remember enough to be devoted... KP/Skip Beat I'm looking at you).

Madame Michiko sounds like she was awesome in France, if the fact that she's still remembered so well after all these years is any indication.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:42   Link #14
FireChick

Quote:
Natsume is voiced by MIZUNO Mariko, whose only other role was a minor one in Umineko. She has done stage plays and some narration. Here are her agency page and her blog. Not sure how old she is.
Thanks for the tip! I'll remember that! Her voice for Natsume is too cute to resist!
Old 2009-10-12, 16:07   Link #15
yongshun

Watched the first episode of this and I really like this show so far. It is sweet and cute, although the older sister kinda start off like most shojo or shounen hero/heroin someone who just put themselves down and admitted that she was jealous of her sister, but she embarrassed herself just to calm her down was rather fun way to start. Then came the sweets really reminds me of Najika from kitchen princess.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 16:24   Link #16
TCman

Watched it yesterday. It is really enjoyable and the pacing and flow of the show is very good. I got the "Gakuen Alice" feel when I watched it. I hope they will show real recipes that you actually can use in real life.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:25   Link #17
Eclipze

Spoiler for episode 2:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:53   Link #18
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Extremely cute. This is my cute-moe show of the season unless someone does a sub of Anyamaru (Animal?). Definitely has a bit of that old Yakitate Japan! feel to it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 12:16   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We were worried that this wouldn't get subbed. Would you believe three different subs of ep1? The cream rises to the top, lol. I hope the show continues to be as well-written and entertaining as it has been so far.
Old 2009-10-16, 15:00   Link #20
yongshun

The second episode reminds of both Shugo Chara mixed with La Corda D'Oro. One thing I like about it is that the magic the fairy showed Ichigo is that to make good confectionery one must practice no such thing as short cuts.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, ribon, shoujo