AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-10, 18:19   Link #4821
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Not likely, I doubt we'd ever be on at the same time unless you work nights or get up really early anyway.

I would pay money to get the autograph of the gnome voice actor. Also to anyone who did the gnome death for the voice contest at Blizzcon (and yes that's an open offer).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 23:17   Link #4822
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh yeah, you're East Cost US, not West. -_-
Old 2010-03-10, 23:22   Link #4823
Peterbigeyes

Anyone here have a rogue main?

I need to rant on the amount of expertise on the T10 gear >(
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 23:28   Link #4824
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I think the female worgan will look more... fox-ish, then wolfish. If you use a little bit of imagination with what you can see on the halloween masks for worgan. At the very least they won't be nearly as.. rugged looking.

The worgan fan art on MMO-Champ today looked pretty cool though. (and why the heck do people insist on drawing female draenei with such short tails, that pic looks good baring that!)

You don't play late at nights server time do you RWB?
Old 2010-03-11, 07:34   Link #4825
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sindragosa is creepily similar to Nightbane...and easier...wasn't that impressed by her.
Old 2010-03-11, 07:36   Link #4826
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

No, back on Proudmoore I'd usually log off 9 server time, 10 at the absolute latest. Playing later than 1 a.m. my time when I have to get up at 6:30 usually isn't a good idea.

I hope female worgen don't look like humanoid foxes. I know a guy who has uh, kind of an unhealthy obsession with those, if you know what I mean. I don't want his incredibly disturbing artwork to branch into WoW fanart...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 19:47   Link #4827
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just want 3.3.4, let alone 3.3.3...I wanna liberate Gnomeregan! Frozen orb conversions in 3.3.3 will be nice.
Old 2010-03-11, 20:56   Link #4828
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Sindragosa is creepily similar to Nightbane...and easier...wasn't that impressed by her.
How is Sindragosa at all like Nightbane? She's much more like Sapphiron.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:46   Link #4829
Peterbigeyes

Quote:
I felt that the only fights in ICC that were challenging for me were PP and LK.
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:52   Link #4830
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
How is Sindragosa at all like Nightbane? She's much more like Sapphiron.
30%ish final phase, the cleave, unsafe patches to stand that were random rather than whole room. Saph was just rinse and repeat with ice blocks but could easily be derailed by 1 particular role making a mistake. Sindragosa seemed far more flexible.

Plus Sindragosa actually offers decent lot, as did Nightbane. Aside from Bandit's Insignia, Sapphiron was a waste of space.

Blood Princes is my favourite fight out of ICC with Dreamwalker not far behind.
Old 2010-03-12, 00:17   Link #4831
Clarste
Human

Sindragosa doesn't have damage zones, doesn't fear, doesn't summon adds, has a raid-wide damage aura, and shoots bombs that need to be LOSed. And almost every single dragon boss in the game has a cleave (and a tail swipe), including Sapphiron.

The value of gear is relative. Sindragosa's gear sucks for me. Then again, almost every boss's does.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 00:33   Link #4832
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* True but felt more like Nightbane to me. Don't know why. Maybe because Nightbane was a fight worthy of some respect at 70 while Sapphiron was merely a faceroll.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:41   Link #4833
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I just like Sindragosa ever since I freaked out my healers with a large Unchained Magic stack...
Old 2010-03-12, 12:37   Link #4834
Kunagisa

Quote:
*shrug* True but felt more like Nightbane to me. Don't know why. Maybe because Nightbane was a fight worthy of some respect at 70 while Sapphiron was merely a faceroll.
This is very true. Nightbane was pretty hard when it first came out. Still remembered all the horde, which I am, QQ'd that alliance priests have fear ward making the encounter super easy. You also had to get that one healer to stack massive aggro just to soak the physical nuke from the air, and you didn't even have enough dps to clear out all the skellies before he lands. People were chugging Invulnerable pots just to help out healing. If you get an unlucky crit as a Warrior when your shield block charges got used up and you get crit for 80% of your HP EVEN with the nightbane tanking gear was super happy fun time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbigeyes View Post
I felt that the only fights in ICC that were challenging for me were PP and LK.
I haven't done LK (so obviously no hard mode done), but PP took 3 attempts to learn the fight without 25 prior experience. The only hard part about it is if you are healing with 2 holy paladins with only 1 range and one of them accidentally wander into melee range with crappy sludge spawn, even then it made phase 3 super easy even without bloodlust.

They need to make fights that are less static like that last guy in AQ20 whose name I could never remember, Council in Gruul/BT, Kael'thas etc.; the fights right now in ICC normal are just so predictable.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-03-12 at 12:48.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 13:40   Link #4835
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
They need to make fights that are less static like that last guy in AQ20 whose name I could never remember, Council in Gruul/BT, Kael'thas etc.; the fights right now in ICC normal are just so predictable.
With all the info available on the internet combined with boss mods, you could really say that any boss encounter is predictable. Sure, fights like Illidari Council and Kael'thas back in TBC involved a lot of running around, but you still knew what was going to happen. Even ICC has a decent amount of encounters that require a significant amount of movement and situational awareness e.g. heroic Lady Deathwhisper, heroic Blood Council, heroic PP, and the LK.
Old 2010-03-12, 17:43   Link #4836
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ossirian the Unscarred. Yes, that did challenge most people back in the day. Not to mention having one of the best catchprhases ever. 'Sand of the desert! Rise and block out the sun!'

MAJOR EDIT: Some MAJOR spoilers have been leaked by a UK magazine:

Spoiler for Only click this link if you want to know, MAJOR SPOILERS!:

Man...if this stuff is true...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-03-12 at 19:57.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 05:07   Link #4837
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
With all the info available on the internet combined with boss mods, you could really say that any boss encounter is predictable. Sure, fights like Illidari Council and Kael'thas back in TBC involved a lot of running around, but you still knew what was going to happen. Even ICC has a decent amount of encounters that require a significant amount of movement and situational awareness e.g. heroic Lady Deathwhisper, heroic Blood Council, heroic PP, and the LK.
But that's the thing, even you knew it was coming, it is still unpredictable because like you don't know where the AOEs will land, you just know it's coming. There is nothing in ICC that's requires any sort of super extensive movements except for Putricide and Rotface. Rotface got nerfed and Putricide normal had limited attempts removed so until I actually see it in hard mode I would say normal ICC until lich king is just pretty predictable, which I'm totally fine with.

In terms of how enjoyable the contents are, I think ulduar tops the entire lich king expansion because my most of my favorite fights are in there (I quit through ToC cause content was just plain retarded), came for lich king literally just to get the wyrm, if it's another drake I wouldn't have came back. The only fight I find remotely fun is Blood Prince as I'm the one tanking Kelseth as a warrior (after they removed his melee swing, which if did not happen I would be stuck tanking a single mob just by standing there the entire time), so I actually do something worthwhile. You have to admit from tank perspective, the whole ICC dealy is pretty dumb for them.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 08:33   Link #4838
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

agreed, firefightahhhhhh was return of the nerdscreams for wotlk
Old 2010-03-14, 21:57   Link #4839
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In a raid yesterday, I saw a Priest kill themselves on Anub'arak with Shadow Word: Death. That is possibly THE MOST stupid thing I have EVER seen.

A US guild on Ysera managed to complete the ICC25 HM meta for their drakes. Now it's a question of who gets the first LK HM kill.
Old 2010-03-14, 22:15   Link #4840
Xacual

Well some Russian guild got the ICC25 meta done last week? I want to say.

Also about priests and shadow word death, if you've been playing since BC, or specifically ever did Karazhan at 70. There were two fights there that a priest could very easily kill themselves. One being Curator when he evocates and the other being Prince if you were targeted with the skill that reduced you to 1 hp. Trust me I saw a ton of priests kill themselves due to that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows