AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 01:52   Link #261
Ookla The Mok

I guess DEEN didn't want to blow everyone's minds too much.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 04:02   Link #262
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
No, definitely not in the episode.
Spoiler:

That is true...
Spoiler for explosion:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 08:36   Link #263
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
Spoiler:
That's a really good theory.
Spoiler for discussion:

Good thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

That is true...
Spoiler for explosion:
Yeah, I thought you'd react that way.
Spoiler for explosion discussion:

Congrats on finding a source for the manga!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:22   Link #264
nujaves
Native engrish speaka

Okey, I just saw final ep and I still have some question....
Spoiler:
nujaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:54   Link #265
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujaves View Post
Okey, I just saw final ep and I still have some question....
Spoiler:
As far as I know episode 10 was the final episode for the TV series.

I have a question for people who have seen ep 10.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-03-08, 20:06   Link #266
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
As far as I know episode 10 was the final episode for the TV series.

I have a question for people who have seen ep 10.
Spoiler:
I do believe that it wasn't heard in any of the previous episodes (after just searching for it myself). One place we do hear it though is during the preview so maybe you mistook it from there

In anycase, the full version of that song was included in the OP album. Good relaxing track

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-03-08, 20:37   Link #267
LKK

Quote:
I do believe that it wasn't heard in any of the previous episodes (after just searching for it myself). One place we do hear it though is during the preview so maybe you mistook it from there
You're probably right. I would have sworn that it was in an episode somewhere near the end of whatever episode it might have been. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

Quote:
In anycase, the full version of that song was included in the OP album. Good relaxing track
Really? I'll have to hunt down the OP album then. I hope it's also on the OST because I'm definitely finding me a copy of that when it's released.

Last edited by LKK; 2008-03-08 at 23:23.
Old 2008-03-09, 02:40   Link #268
Elehayym

Quote:
That's a really good theory.
Spoiler for discussion:

Good thinking!
Thank you =D
I'm really getting more curious about the manga the more you talk about it x_x But I don't have many hopes of getting to read it any soon... Maybe I should just give up and order the whole thing on Amazon
If you ever consider making a spoiler post about it, I'll rush to read it! =D
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 11:17   Link #269
LKK

Quote:
Thank you =D
I'm really getting more curious about the manga the more you talk about it x_x But I don't have many hopes of getting to read it any soon... Maybe I should just give up and order the whole thing on Amazon
Go ahead and order it. Give in to temptation. You know you wanna.

Quote:
If you ever consider making a spoiler post about it, I'll rush to read it! =D
If I make a spoiler post, it'll be after the sub for 10 is released. I want to know what's said in the episode. (I'm also hoping I'll have a copy of v08 by then so I can compare what's in the anime versus what's in the manga.) But the spoiler post won't be a substitute for the reading the manga. My post would only clarify the anime showed. There are large crucial sections of the manga that the anime skipped over. I wouldn't detail those. I don't want to reveal all the manga's secrets. Gotta leave some inticements to get people to read the manga after all! (Besides since the manga is still on-going in Japan and the US release isn't current with the Japanese release, there are still many things I don't fully understand yet. Like that bombshell Ookla dropped in his last spoiler post. I know about it, but I don't understand it. )

Old 2008-03-17, 12:55   Link #270
Ookla The Mok

Spoiler for the bombshell:
Old 2008-03-17, 13:30   Link #271
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for the bombshell:
Spoiler for more bombshell discussion:

Everyone who liked the anime should read the manga. Seriously. The manga is so much better. (Except for the music and the voices, of course. But you can't fault the manga on those counts. )

Go on, everyone; read it. There are 3 episodes left to be subbed. You still have time to catch up. It's even possible that volume 8 of the US version will be out before the sub of episode 10 is. (Episode 10 is from volume 8 so I've been told.) That's what I'm hoping.

Old 2008-03-17, 17:12   Link #272
Ookla The Mok

Spoiler for more bombshell:
Old 2008-03-17, 17:36   Link #273
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for more bombshell:
You sure love your teasers, don't you, Ookla?
I've decided you have a cruel streak in you a mile wide.
And I'm beginning to hate you for it.

Old 2008-03-17, 18:42   Link #274
Ookla The Mok

Writers and editors both like to torture their readers. Which works out just fine, because readers are masochists—and don't you dare deny it!

Spoiler for bombshell:

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2008-03-17 at 20:35.
Old 2008-03-24, 15:15   Link #275
LKK

Shinsen released episode 8 today.

Old 2008-03-25, 17:17   Link #276
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Hatenkou is underrated. It's really good, but sometimes it's a little confusing (they leave out details, or use minimalistic prose, just saying nothing more than what's necessary to understand the general idea). I would like to have seen more development for Alzeid and Hi-tan as well. Even Rahzel.

Also, things move very fast paced imo. It's like they skip scenes. In episode one, I remember watching Razhel getting kicked out. Next scene or so, she's there with some Albino dude, Alzeid, and then somewhere along the storyline comes Hi-tan. I'm hoping more development and more clarification on their past / who they are is done in the manga (if it's possible to do it rather than in the anime).

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 17:48   Link #277
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
I'm hoping more development and more clarification on their past / who they are is done in the manga (if it's possible to do it rather than in the anime).
You will definitely find more development and clarification in the manga. The leads' pasts aren't given you to on a silver platter though. Bits and pieces are offered slowly and slyly. At times with only a single panel or a casually dropped comment. So don't start on volume 1 and expect to understand everything there is to know about the characters' past right away. But rest assured, there is much to these characters than is shown in the anime.

Now that the sub for episode 8 is out, I get to fill in the gaps of my understanding. One point stands out in my mind: the conversation Alzeid and Baroqueheat have that Soresta overhears. When I watch that scene, I'm reminded of Rahzel's comments to the ghost lady in episode 1. There, Rahzel says that she and Alzeid don't have a committment to each other. They could part ways at any time. She describes their partnership as a very casual thing. Yet, here in episode 8, Alzeid describes Rahzel as his companion. He says he can't leave her by herself; what he's really saying is that he won't leave her. I thought the conversation was very touching especially when followed minutes later by Rahzel's comment that she knows that Alzeid will always be there to give her a hand when she's down (and in this case trapped in the rubble).
Spoiler for ep 10:

Old 2008-03-25, 18:13   Link #278
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I can't either

Well I think what Rahzel said was only stating their relationship (or lack of) on the surface. I think that They both know that they can count on each other when the time call for it, but you know how stubbon they both can be

But here is another problem. The events happened in ep 8 (iirc) LKK, you told me that it was before Heat met with Rahzel and that is why he was on soresta's style. But from this ep we can see that they both do know each other by the way Rahzel greets heat. So when was the proper introduction between the two due?

Old 2008-03-25, 18:57   Link #279
LKK

Quote:
Well I think what Rahzel said was only stating their relationship (or lack of) on the surface. I think that They both know that they can count on each other when the time call for it, but you know how stubbon they both can be
Actually what I was getting at -- although rather badly done on my part -- was how the nature of their relationship had changed from episode 1 to episode 8. I believe Rahzel meant what she said to the ghost lady in episode 1. Their relationship at that time was pretty casual. But by the time of the events in episode 8 (chapter 7 in the manga), they had come to rely on each other and need each other.

Quote:
But here is another problem. The events happened in ep 8 (iirc) LKK, you told me that it was before Heat met with Rahzel and that is why he was on soresta's style. But from this ep we can see that they both do know each other by the way Rahzel greets heat. So when was the proper introduction between the two due?
I think you're asking me how do Rahzel and Heat meet in the manga, right? When Soresta first walks up to Rahzel and Vin on the street, Heat walks up side by side with him. The anime changed the foursome's meeting so that Razhel and Heat knew each other. She didn't know him in the manga. [Edit: Caveat -- As far as I know, Rahzel didn't know Heat at the time. I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that they did know each other and that the scene was merely played so that it seemed like they didn't know each other.]
Spoiler for manga version of their meeting:

Last edited by LKK; 2008-03-25 at 19:13. Reason: added Caveat
Old 2008-03-26, 19:07   Link #280
Kaijin
かいじん

The anime is too short in my opinion, but it's definitely sparked my interest in the story and the characters, so I've become one of the converted, and ordered the first volume from Amazon. ^_^

Tags
adventure, comedy