AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 10:20   Link #161
Belial13

Yeah after the 3 movies there will be an ova / tv series ... not know yet exactly waht, but something... tho that is a long time away, probably something like 3-4 years
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 11:11   Link #162
klare

the Golden Age is a flashback arc, so i guess they can do that in the 3 movies and then followed by the starting point of the manga with the OVA or TV
Old 2011-10-28, 09:49   Link #163
ukulelembo
Detective

Ending theme for first Berserk will be song "Utsukushikumono" performed by Japanese-American Singer AI.
And a new trailer in Japanese cinemas from tomorrow and on the official website from November 2.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:02   Link #164
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

My knowledge is that there will be three movies, spanning over a decade, to animate the entire story.

More: http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Berserk:_Saga_Project

If you have any other accurate information, please post with sources.

Last edited by zarqu; 2011-10-28 at 10:39.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:16   Link #165
Westlo
Lets be reality

I was under the impression that they announced the Golden Age flashback would be 3 movies and the entire project itself would span over a decade.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 10:43   Link #166
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I was under the impression that they announced the Golden Age flashback would be 3 movies and the entire project itself would span over a decade.
Seriously. If it will indeed be 3 movies for the whole manga rather than just Golden Age, I'm afraid this will be one rushed ass adaptation.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:05   Link #167
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Seriously. If it will indeed be 3 movies for the whole manga rather than just Golden Age, I'm afraid this will be one rushed ass adaptation.
No. These three films will be for the Golden Age arc. What next will be confirmed later.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:14   Link #168
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
No. These three films will be for the Golden Age arc. What next will be confirmed later.
Yeah, that is right. I may rest in peace now. The first movie is indeed called Berserk - Golden Age I - The Egg of the Supreme King.

Related ANN article here.

Also, all the news about the movie project (and more) can be found in this topic on skullknight.net
Old 2011-10-29, 16:56   Link #169
GreatTeacherKen

Since they're starting with the Golden Age arc I guess they're going to adapt the story in chronological order though how they plan on doing this remains to be seen.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 02:05   Link #170
traveler

Theatrical trailer is out!
http://ch.yahoo.co.jp/warnerbros/index.php?itemid=217

I love it! It all looks amazing, even the CG. The music is great too and Susumu has returned. As far as the VAs go, I prefer the new Griffith. Gutts is solid and about the same. Zodd is great. Haven't heard enough of Casca but she sounds fine. Overall, this trailer really got me pumped!
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 07:58   Link #171
Vicious108

I'm usually not one to complain about CG, but isn't there a little too much of it here? It seems there's not a single shot with a horse where it isn't CG...

And I don't see how Guts is about the same, that guy has a very different pitch from Nobutoshi Canna. Takahiro Sakurai's Griffith sounds good, though I'll save definitive comparisons with Toshiyuki Morikawa's portrayal of him for when I watch the actual film and not just a few lines in the trailer. But for now, I doubt I'll prefer it. Sakurai's sounds too down to earth, Morikawa's had this more otherworldly feel to him, which suited the near larger-than-life entity that was Griffith very well. We'll see.
Old 2011-11-03, 13:06   Link #172
ukulelembo
Detective

New Poster:

Trailer in HD:
Old 2011-11-03, 15:23   Link #173
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Bloody hell.. too much CG in my Berserk.

So we supposedly enjoying the talking scene more than the action? In Berserk adaptation?
Old 2011-11-04, 01:03   Link #174
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Seriously when you look at that poster. You expect something amazing. Then I watched the trailer and saw the horrible CG and now I'm really disappointed. The CG looks really bad imo.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 05:51   Link #175
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah, it looks like Studio 4C really messed this one up. Their over-enthusiasm in expanding their CG usage and trying to fuse both 2D and 3D as an artwork might be commendable for the good intentions, but their actual end result shows that they still have a long way to go because it actually works out well. Really unfortunate.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 10:04   Link #176
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

It still looked great in my opinion....
Old 2011-11-04, 13:08   Link #177
Inori Yuzuriha
EGOIST

The poster looks okay... But that Griffith looks even more feminine.
Inori Yuzuriha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 13:25   Link #178
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inori Yuzuriha View Post
The poster looks okay... But that Griffith looks even more feminine.
That's because this remake is adhering to the manga art style much more strongly. The 1997 anime made Griffith look less effeminate (and much cooler looking IMO). Here he's completely faithful to his manga self, with dem lipstickilicious lips and everything.
Old 2011-11-04, 15:08   Link #179
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

I really like how the feminine look of Griffith contrasts with the end of Golden Age.

Regarding the trailers. At the moment it seems my two main concerns are about the CG and the level of violence portrayed.

About the CG: I don't know. Am I supposed to look at superb CG animation and go "Oooh, that's so amazing!"? It certainly doesn't feel like that. The CG felt kind of out of place at times and awkward. I don't think CG is good just for sake of it. It could turn out great, though.

Violence. The trailer shows some blood, but I wasn't really too impressed. Of course, showcasing violence is hardly the goal of these trailers. Still, I feel the dark and gloomy atmosphere of Berserk rises from the realistic violence. Anyone can loose an arm or get their face smashed in. But the beginning of Golden Age isn't that dark. Although, Guts does earn the nickname "hundred man slayer" somewhere in there (can't remember).
Old 2011-11-04, 15:20   Link #180
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
The animation is fine, geez guys.

But I'll miss the grungy style >:

Tags
action, berserk, seinen