AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 08:49   Link #1
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NVIDIA GTS 5xx Guide

Okay, recently I bought a GTX560 Twin Frozr and rigged it onto my girl. She ran beautifully, but somehow she developed a tempermant not to run the following games :

1. VNs
2. L4D2
3. Splinter Cell Conviction

I called up a few people with knowledge on this issue, and here is the compiled advice I am going to share :

1. Download the most stable driver, not the latest. Currently v285.26 runs nicely.
2. Get MSI Afterburner. Extract & install, then :

- Set clock speed to 822Mhz
- Check the "Apply overclocking at system startup" box

3. Restart your computer.

Afterwards, your CPU might not read all cores, so you have to shut down your computer, remove all but one of your RAM, then boot up. All your available cores should register, after which, you can power down your computer, put the RAM back in one by one as you boot it up, until all the RAM you have are back in their slots.

Hope NVIDIA comes up with a stable driver or hotfix soon. I suspect that it might be the new Fermi architecture that is causing all of these.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:30   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Okay, recently I bought a GTX560 Twin Frozr and rigged it onto my girl. She ran beautifully, but somehow she developed a tempermant not to run the following games :

1. VNs
2. L4D2
3. Splinter Cell Conviction

I called up a few people with knowledge on this issue, and here is the compiled advice I am going to share :

1. Download the most stable driver, not the latest. Currently v285.26 runs nicely.
2. Get MSI Afterburner. Extract & install, then :

- Set clock speed to 822Mhz
- Check the "Apply overclocking at system startup" box

3. Restart your computer.

Afterwards, your CPU might not read all cores, so you have to shut down your computer, remove all but one of your RAM, then boot up. All your available cores should register, after which, you can power down your computer, put the RAM back in one by one as you boot it up, until all the RAM you have are back in their slots.

Hope NVIDIA comes up with a stable driver or hotfix soon. I suspect that it might be the new Fermi architecture that is causing all of these.
Nvidia seems to have these "moments" in driver release once a year or so.... I tend to keep the last 3 or 4 driver revisions (stable and beta) around just in case.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:54   Link #3
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
you have a Windows 7 64 bits? what version?

I think should wait new firmeware for this hardware, as is the new model, the manufacturer can update drivers and firmeware for this graphic card.
Old 2012-01-13, 02:52   Link #4
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I recently bought an MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 (with a two fan design similar to the Twin Frozors) a few months back. Aside from the rare "Driver Not Responding" even on the latest stable (WHQL) driver release, I haven't run into any issues with it and runs just about everything I've thrown at it quite well (perhaps except Serious Sam 3 BFE framerate-wise, but that's probably just my hardware configuration and playing on co-op servers with 200+ ping).
I'm currently using the 290.53 (Beta) drivers, which I haven't had much time to extensively test, but it seems to be running fine as well.
Though I have had issues trying to get MSI's Live Update 5 software to work (first time I tried, it didn't run at all. It works now, but I don't know if there's a newer BIOS available for my card, 70.24.21.00.00, since it doesn't show).

So the games you listed simply did not run at all? As in, did the process (e.g. left4dead2.exe) appear in the Task Manager? Or did it show up and instantly crash back to desktop? BSoD?

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-01-13 at 07:59.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 07:54   Link #5
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Nope. The games just crashed to desktop.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote