AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD NEW - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 5 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 39.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 10.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-20, 19:34   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

High School DxD NEW - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD NEW, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:00   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:28   Link #3
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for dat ending:
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:37   Link #4
ImperialFlameGod8190

hm this episode was about what I predicted storyline wise.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:57   Link #5
The Green One

Looks like about two episodes left to go in this arc. Looks like they didn't bother to explain who Saji is, anime only people might be a bit confused on the significance of this person. Unless I've forgotten something from the first season, all we would know at this point is that this is a male devil and on the student council.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:49   Link #6
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Looks like they didn't bother to explain who Saji is.
Saji was introduced briefly with Sona and her entourage in one episode in season 1 if I recall.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:14   Link #7
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Dammit...I really wanted Issei and Kiba to win that fight

And why the hell hasn't there been any good Rias avatar moments! Graahh!
Old 2013-07-22, 10:14   Link #8
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Saji was introduced briefly with Sona and her entourage in one episode in season 1 if I recall.
Yeah, it was either episode 6 or 7.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:22   Link #9
The Green One

Ah I see, I must of forgotten then. It'd been so long since we'd seen him.
Old 2013-07-22, 20:03   Link #10
SeaDam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
The anime does make his inclusion seem sort of random. Sure he was introduced, but from the introduction it hardly seems like Saji and Issei get along, so why did Issei ask for his help? Why not someone else from Sona's crew?
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 20:55   Link #11
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
The anime does make his inclusion seem sort of random. Sure he was introduced, but from the introduction it hardly seems like Saji and Issei get along, so why did Issei ask for his help? Why not someone else from Sona's crew?
You just haven't remember season1 that much, as well as what they took out from season 1 (not that much, but the main stuff was in it).

Saji and issei get along as "brother in pursuit of echii" They may not be that close yet, but both do see each other as having a "bond" (A bond that only fellow perverts see)

Issei dragging him in it, is because he can't as "senpais" and solve it themselves. Saji is the convenient target...err person he knows can do that.

Basically the line of thinking from Issei is that to not involve the higher ups and of the school demon's only Saji can fit that profile. All the other "girls" would rat on him to Sona, ands Sona would goto Rias.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 21:01   Link #12
sky black swordman

A great episode.

The two on two fight was excellent and well done (IMO). It still was a bit disappointing that Issei and Kiba lost.
Issei taking the initiative to ask the Church representatives, Xenovia and Irina, if they can assist them in destroying the stole Excalibur swords' for the sake of Kiba's desire for revenge against the sword, goes to show you how much Issei cares about the people in his group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
The chances are that if he asked someone else in Sona's group, they would have almost immediately tell Sona what they were planning to do and Sona would in turn tell Rias their plan.
Old 2013-07-22, 21:22   Link #13
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

issei got irina give trying dress break mode til oops got koneko & asia give with koneko punch issei still called him perv & enemy of women yet issei on full pervy-determine mode til scratch from blade is over.

while kiba going many swords & full revenge mood also fall give xeno said you're too much on revenge & not focus mood yet after spar give mention fallen angel faction is behind mention freed in it too.

give indeed something big to happen yet kiba still bit have probs issues so issei, koneko, & other guy from student council get church girls & kiba to team-up cause both have same wanting.

so they agree give kiba bit bother cause past has how he was saved due to fellow experiment to protect kiba & almost snow alive til rias found him yet let issei & koneko help in rid of excalibur swords projects.

& after issei make call from his summon cause being busy his caller got a "visit".
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 00:15   Link #14
backbone
Banned

I liked the battle scene, and highly amused at the show of Yuuto's badassery in using his unlimited blade works, but left with blank face upon seeing his opponent crushed him seemingly effortless. Hell, that blue-haired girl was too overpowered to the point of cheating.

Issei, on the other hand, failed to amuse me, as he seemed to not being able to take this entire battle seriously. I know you're a pervert, but do some jack shit, dude! I facepalmed really hard when he missed his aim and blew Koneko's and Asia clothes while saying "Thank you!" like he just did something cool (=_=). Maybe it's amusing and out loud hilarious for some people, but sorry, it just can't work for me. And it doesn't help that his perverted face has really gotten in my nerves lately.

The only thing that i genuinely found funny is when two church girls were begging for money from passerby, only to be treated food by Issei. And hell, i laughed really hard when they're praying and apologizing God for being fed by Demons. And i don't know why, but i felt some sort of disconnect by the action that those two girls chose afterwards.

Last thing to say : It turns out i was correct to guess that Issei's client is no ordinary guy (since he appears on OP)
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 01:32   Link #15
Naoe Yamato

you know, it's not like Issei is an expert in close combat, the most powerful arm that he has is dres breker, adding that he is a pervert it's just natural for him to go for it.
It's not like he can use balance-breaker or anything else, his opponent had an holy sword wich s really bad for a demon so he was doing pretty well for an "unofficial match"
Old 2013-07-23, 02:51   Link #16
The Green One

Ise is still in the early stages of his development, he's just barely taking his first steps out of the fledgling stages as of yet. As for Kiba it wasn't so much that Xenovia is overpowered, while she is strong though, it's that Kiba's hate toward the holy swords was festering in him so badly he was fighting in a very hot headed fashion instead of his usual way which utterly crippled his judgement and ability. If he was fighting normally Xenovia would of had to work far harder to win.

Last edited by The Green One; 2013-07-23 at 09:04.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:05   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ep.3
Ok...since episode 1 and episode 2, I'm now very interested in Kiba's past then he pulls off an "Archer"(FSN) similar skill, made me lost interest in him again, though I liked how he developed in just 3 episodes, I think I cannot like him as much as Issie and speaking of Issie besides 2 new girls that came in his life Zenovia/Xenovia and Irina, where Iam more interested in Irina, they seem to focus more on Zenovia, also seems to have a new rival here as warned by his Boost Gear. I'm betting it's either that oldman or that new pretty boy in the final scene in episode 3.

The OP wasn't as ecchi as season1, but Issie was so badass it really shines through out the OP, the ED well...my poll dancing girls are gone and replaced with genie type transition of sorts, ohhh well at least more naked girls from Issie's class is better than nothing.

All 1-3 episodes 9/10 Excellent.
Old 2013-07-25, 09:18   Link #18
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Last thing to say : It turns out i was correct to guess that Issei's client is no ordinary guy (since he appears on OP)
Come to think of it, he has some connection with Issei's destined rival. I can't wait to see that Vali guy.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 14:34   Link #19
DrakeKnight

Episode was pretty. A bit of action, some ecchi and some pretty good character development for Kibe
But really can't wait for next episode
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 06:02   Link #20
Chris38

Well, I finally got some time to watch the third episode, and it contained pretty much, what I expected.

I liked how the fight was portrayed, and the rest of the episode didn't disappoint me, either.

So, I hope they will continue this good work for the rest of the episodes in this season.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote