AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-05-03, 17:20   Link #341
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 4 was by far the best yet. I almost wish I hadn't watched it, haha--I have a rather bad cough right now, and laughing so much kind of aggavated my throat. And all of the episodes so far have looked great, of course, but I thought this one looked particularly good in terms of animation & artwork.

Bring on more Renge!
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 17:24   Link #342
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Renge's a nice lil' touch to get Tamaki angry - hope we see more of that.
Old 2006-05-03, 17:45   Link #343
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
Just saw episode 4. Roflmao, it so rocked. XD

Spoiler:
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 17:50   Link #344
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
Spoiler:
I just see it at she's not used to the whole love scene yet - and imo it looks like Tamaki is helping her out.
Old 2006-05-03, 18:14   Link #345
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I just see it at she's not used to the whole love scene yet - and imo it looks like Tamaki is helping her out.
Hmm, yeah, I agree with Angelsama. I see Haruhi as more of a genderless person when it comes to her behavior and personality in general. Not to say I have anything wrong with her character being bisexual, if that's indeed the case. Personally, it just seems like she hasn't really shown any romantic interest in anyone so far.

But then again, if Ouran suddenly became all melodramatically romantic and angsty, that would be a little weird. No wait, isn't that what Tamaki is like all the time? Heh... wackiness and comedy is its forte, after all.

Anyway, to be back on topic... Actually, I think Haruhi's more of an asexual character. She's just not interested in anyone that way...

For now, maybe... lol.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:07   Link #346
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
They were walking cliches before she met them. She just rewrote them as different walking cliches
True and she tried to turn them into even bigger and more obvious cliches than they actually were. "You lack a shadowy side" - a truly priceless moment.

Quote:
I agree, and its all thanks to the legend Tamaki.
Agreed, as far as I am concerned Tamaki is already a legend.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:08   Link #347
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
I see Haruhi as more of a genderless person when it comes to her behavior and personality in general. Not to say I have anything wrong with her character being bisexual, if that's indeed the case. Personally, it just seems like she hasn't really shown any romantic interest in anyone so far.
In the manga, even at the beginning, I think Haruhi is clearer on this aspect - she's not particularly hung up about "male" or "female". In chapter 1 she suggests one possible reason why but I don't remember the anime covered that - I guess they'll be saving it as a surprise. As chapter 2 / episode 2 shows, Haruhi dressed normally during middle-school - her reason for dressing as a boy when coming to high school was pretty trivial, showing that she's not particularly attached to dressing as a boy or a girl.

Quote:
But then again, if Ouran suddenly became all melodramatically romantic and angsty, that would be a little weird. No wait, isn't that what Tamaki is like all the time? Heh... wackiness and comedy is its forte, after all.
I've read up to volume 8, and it does stay pretty much the same - and I wouldn't expect the anime to change things. However, personally, I think it starts to have problems staying "fresh".

PS I hope they animate some of the manga volume bonus stuff - like Honey's real (if brief) dark side, and Haruhi as a kid.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:52   Link #348
Busaiku Chama
爆発

How many chapters are there thus far in the manga (to those who read it)?
And how many chapters have also been thus far translated into anime?
Also is the manga anywhere near a close?
This is just to get a general sense of how long the series might run.
Busaiku Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 21:15   Link #349
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
I've read up to volume 8, and it does stay pretty much the same - and I wouldn't expect the anime to change things. However, personally, I think it starts to have problems staying "fresh".
Thats good to hear - i'm planning to order around 7 volumes at once - and i'm happy to hear it stays the same. ^^
Old 2006-05-03, 22:07   Link #350
Mangaka-chan

Oh god I love Tamaki more and more with each episode! I laughed out loud when he stumbled at Renge's piercing comments and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the writers behind this show handled his reaction when he realize that Haruhi was crying because her contacts fell out. It just made his character seem really cool the way he laughed it off.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 05:59   Link #351
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
This show keeps getting me griped for more...

It's just freaking hilarious and funny, I hope it has the same class as Honey and Clover.
Spoiler for Episode4:

Does anyone know the ED song for this song? I know its by a group called Last Alliance... but nothing with the name!

Episode 5 looks promising, with the twins fighting, blue and red hair color
________
One Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:18.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 06:34   Link #352
icchan's_world
icchan no yuutsu

haha tamaki iz sooo funny when he's all white, like when the "unscrupulous" twins were agitating him. haha. hmm... i wonder if tamaki has a side we dunno, coz even the hooligans r afraid of him! anyway tiz show iz great!
icchan's_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 07:38   Link #353
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaiku Chama
How many chapters are there thus far in the manga (to those who read it)?
And how many chapters have also been thus far translated into anime?
Also is the manga anywhere near a close?
This is just to get a general sense of how long the series might run.
Currently the anime is doing one manga chapter an episode. If they animated all the current manga at the same rate, it would make for a 4 season (~52 episode) series. I haven't seen any indication of how long the anime will be - if it does well in Japan, it may get two seasons (~26 eps). More than that would be a surprise.

I've only seen the volumes, not the latest serialised chapters. I've no idea if the series is heading towards any kind of close - but I haven't seen any signs. Most chapters are stand-alone though there's a couple of two chapter story arcs (v8 has a three part story arc). The anime will be hitting the first two chapter story arc soon (probably in 2-3 eps), which should be fun.

You can get the manga in english too btw:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...lance&n=283155

btw, in the manga the author indicates that there'll never be a change in school years - ie the 3rd years (Honey and Mori) won't graduate (within the story).
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 08:14   Link #354
q3enie

damn.

im falling in love with tamaki-senpai.
q3enie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 17:43   Link #355
Cal-Reflector

Concurring with a previous opinion on episode 5 being the most well-done up till this point in the show, with the introduction of a number of new background music and some genuine tension.

Spoiler for chuckle:

The ED needs to be released, now.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:49   Link #356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by q3enie
]im falling in love with tamaki-senpai.
Yay for more Tamaki love. <3

Sometimes i really do question my sexuality.
Old 2006-05-04, 18:35   Link #357
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That only happens to me when I watch Ouran or perhaps Rozen Maiden's two seasons. Yay for more Tamaki <3!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:45   Link #358
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
That only happens to me when I watch Ouran or perhaps Rozen Maiden's two seasons. Yay for more Tamaki <3!
I love Rozen Maiden too! But you know, Rozen Maiden's pure seinen. As in aimed at men aged 20 - 40 in general. So you don't need to worry about your sexuality when you watch it.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 01:42   Link #359
wao
OK.

Speaking of which, was it me or was the piano piece near the end of ep 5 actually a piano version of the OP theme?
Old 2006-05-05, 05:59   Link #360
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
I hope it'll be 24/26 episodes, so they can develope in details each character personality! Each one of the host club members deserves at least one episode to tell his story! And also.. If Haruhi gets to know each one deeply than she can choose her favourite deheheh

Now i'm supporting Tamaki-senpai He's really caring for her, maybe too much sometimes (but that's make him even cuter rotfl )!
Go Tamaki!
^Aya^ is offline   Reply With Quote