AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 21:48   Link #9301
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i feel bad for players that have to start with the 76er in a T29. i think the jumbo needs a 90mm gun.

hold on doesn't the 90mm from M6 suppose to carry over? so that means most players that have the T29 went thru the jumbo line to get to the T29, therefore missin the 90mm from the M6, so i guess there would have been a benefit for goin up the T1 Heavy line.
Old 2013-08-19, 21:59   Link #9302
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
i feel bad for players that have to start with the 76er in a T29. i think the jumbo needs a 90mm gun.

hold on doesn't the 90mm from M6 suppose to carry over? so that means most players that have the T29 went thru the jumbo line to get to the T29, therefore missin the 90mm from the M6, so i guess there would have been a benefit for goin up the T1 Heavy line.
I remember in beta there used to be 76mm T29s because they couldn't afford the shells from the 90mm. Or shot HE because it was cheaper (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:02   Link #9303
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yup now i do feel somewhat bad for player that are using the 76er on a heavy tank like the T29 when its a tier 7 tank/round.

lol going into a tier 8 and 9 is just pure rage to be going stock on a T29.
Old 2013-08-19, 22:03   Link #9304
Gravitas Free Zone

I got the 90mm for the T29 from doing the T20 first.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:09   Link #9305
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
i heard the russian tier 10 td has the highest prem pen rate better than the jdpze100's 420.

good thing those tanks have a low reload rate and take forever to reload and aim... altho i hear they can brawl pretty well if the player knows how to do it.

i've see it happen, those high tiered tds get into brawling positions.
Russian TDs are tough to brawl in due to their paper armor thickness. It can be done, but with careful consideration of where the enemy guns are pointed. The Object 704 and 268 have nice angles on their armor that is a noticeable improvement over the ISU-152's unangled armor, but it can't be relied on. For better performance in close combat, the Ferdinand and Jagdtiger excel.

And yes, the Object 268's HEAT penetration of 450 is pure unleaded Soviet bias.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:14   Link #9306
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a player on my team named "dontjuststandthere." They were AFK throughout the game, up until the point that they got a Caernarvon up the rear.

I used them to spot for defense points while our team capped out...
Old 2013-08-19, 22:35   Link #9307
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I free xped the 90mm.

Idk but those tds in the right hands can be deadly in close quarters.
Old 2013-08-19, 23:07   Link #9308
Gravitas Free Zone

It only took me 12 games tonight to get my 30 kills. And in four of those games I didn't actually kill anything.

The other games were all MULTIKILL. Like this little high-damage number:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My team kept flinging themselves at the T21 and T25/2. I was patient and waited for them to come to me.
Because of the damage mission bonus, the crew jumped from the final bits of 99% on their first skill to between 27% and 42% on their second. I can finally give them Sixth Sense now.

Also, this random game that caused me to make a Dune movie reference... and a player named "mindkiller," which I didn't notice until later. Which could also be a Dune reference.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...right after I'd killed the M8A1, both PzIIIs, and the PzB2 (which tried to ram me).
Old 2013-08-19, 23:27   Link #9309
Mow Yun

My Foch 155 is cursed. My T57 bounces more than it.
Old 2013-08-19, 23:58   Link #9310
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

seriously??? i hate going up against the foching 155, it bounces even when i through gold at it from the front. and i rarely get behind those foching players becuz their usually sitting in the back or something like hidin in buildings.

as for ute, it seems like he's grindin creds gettin the 300k mission done everyday. as for me i'm just hoping to make sure i still have enough cash to buy the IS 4 when i get it unlocked, then i'll need to save up for the E100 when that gets unlocked.

i'm out of tanks that i want to add to my harem... i've been thinkin of adding the leo 1, but i haven't even touch that line, the farthest i got up in that line would prolly be the pz III... unless you can go up one of the vk lines, i don't see any other way up there.

also i have less than 5k gold left...

i prolly won't be buying any gold or giving out any gold for a long long time.
Old 2013-08-20, 02:14   Link #9311
Mow Yun

Quote:
seriously??? i hate going up against the foching 155, it bounces even when i through gold at it from the front. and i rarely get behind those foching players becuz their usually sitting in the back or something like hidin in buildings.

as for ute, it seems like he's grindin creds gettin the 300k mission done everyday. as for me i'm just hoping to make sure i still have enough cash to buy the IS 4 when i get it unlocked, then i'll need to save up for the E100 when that gets unlocked.

i'm out of tanks that i want to add to my harem... i've been thinkin of adding the leo 1, but i haven't even touch that line, the farthest i got up in that line would prolly be the pz III... unless you can go up one of the vk lines, i don't see any other way up there.

also i have less than 5k gold left...

i prolly won't be buying any gold or giving out any gold for a long long time.
I just got schooled by an E-100 and 2 T57 shells... on average that should have done 1550 but i took only 3 shots and died from full life. Approached a E-100 and thought i could take 1550 damage and finish off the E-100 with my full drum... nope, died in 2 seconds.

I guess the moment someone sees F155 in blue/purple they switch to gold because I can't bounce a single shell anywhere in it. Things that are like "oh they have low pen I should be able to bounce" are all shooting gold and my F155 frontal is full of holes.

Next match I bounce an M60 and he hits the domes on the top of my tank on the move from 600 meters away.
Old 2013-08-20, 03:24   Link #9312
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
I free xped the 90mm.

Idk but those tds in the right hands can be deadly in close quarters.
It depends. They are the 'snipers'. Meaning they are very dangerous in long range and be sure to use hiding spots(camo values ).

I destroyed 3 tanks using UC-2 Carrier in Province Map.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 08:08   Link #9313
Gravitas Free Zone

...come to think of it, the SU-85B crew's sudden jump from that SU-122-44 game came from stacking the 3000-XP damage mission bonus on top of the x5 monthly mission crew XP Radley-Walters Medal bonus.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:51   Link #9314
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

true their suppose to be sniping in tds, but in situation like the city that usually force them into 100 - 200 meter conflicts, they can be extremely dangerous, becuz in that close quarter fight, they don't really need to wait for their aim to be that accurate. depending on the target small scout tanks might get lucky even at close range if they can't lead their targets... but if where talking heavy tanks, they can just point and shoot.
Old 2013-08-20, 12:51   Link #9315
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, here's a question - what is the highest tier match you guys have been in with an arty player who doesn't know about overhead view? I had one in a tier 5 match with a tier 5 vehicle last night. Can't even imagine what the grind up to that level would have been like.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 13:44   Link #9316
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol it would be funny if i said in a tier 10 match, but then again, in tier 10 matches its hard to know if they even shoot, since the rate sux, hard to find proper arty players after 8.6, i saw someone one try to TD in an arty in a tier 10 game.

i knew about the arty overhead display since when the bison was still a tier II, my highest tier arty would have been tier 5 if the hummel was still tier 5... tho the M41 is still a tier 5, i did have both the hummel and M41 at one pt before selling them.
Old 2013-08-20, 19:01   Link #9317
Gravitas Free Zone

People really need to know that there's a wiki and whatnot.

Though that may or may not stop the usual "How's the (name of tank)?" at the start of every match.
Old 2013-08-20, 19:55   Link #9318
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah i do hear that occasionally often, although i don't use the wiki, i try them out for myself, cuz u never know if the wiki is up to date with latest patches sometimes. but quite often i don't really care about new tanks, well until they release the firefly and jap line maybe things will get interestin.

i also hate when ppl ping the minimap on where to go or where their going. it spams the left side of your screen and takes 1 or 2 mins before it starts to go away. which i find annoying.
Old 2013-08-20, 20:00   Link #9319
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'm going to do the unthinkable and ask if anyone wants to start platooning Tier 5s on a regular basis with me. I feel like I am pretty close to breaking out of bad into average but the matchmaker has been absolutely brutal to me these past 2 days, from 10 suicidal teammates dead in 60 seconds to a game filled with all tier 5s and a random IS on the enemy team. I am certain that plenty of the fault for many of these losses lies with me but with a positive ratio in both kills to deaths and damage dealt to damage received I like to think I have not been entirely dead weight. Would be nice to know I have one person guaranteed to not suicide and able to tell me when I screw up though. I doubt anyone is interested but if you are please let me know.

Quote:
i also hate when ppl ping the minimap on where to go or where their going. it spams the left side of your screen and takes 1 or 2 mins before it starts to go away. which i find annoying.
The worst is when people spam "Defend the Base!" at the very beginning. This strikes me as completely pointless and if anyone listens to it it tends to lead to heavies camping the base to "protect arty". If I ever see someone say that they're doing that, I always think a loss is likely to follow.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 20:22   Link #9320
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'm going to do the unthinkable and ask if anyone wants to start platooning Tier 5s on a regular basis with me. I feel like I am pretty close to breaking out of bad into average but the matchmaker has been absolutely brutal to me these past 2 days, from 10 suicidal teammates dead in 60 seconds to a game filled with all tier 5s and a random IS on the enemy team. I am certain that plenty of the fault for many of these losses lies with me but with a positive ratio in both kills to deaths and damage dealt to damage received I like to think I have not been entirely dead weight. Would be nice to know I have one person guaranteed to not suicide and able to tell me when I screw up though. I doubt anyone is interested but if you are please let me know.
I'd be glad to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The worst is when people spam "Defend the Base!" at the very beginning. This strikes me as completely pointless and if anyone listens to it it tends to lead to heavies camping the base to "protect arty". If I ever see someone say that they're doing that, I always think a loss is likely to follow.
That always feels like a reminder to cover the flanks adequately rather than going lemming on one flank and ignoring the other, therefore a call to "defend the base" from all flanks. Of course, it's better to say that specifically rather than using a cryptic "Defend the base!" message. For instance, when playing Lakeville, I often find myself reminding others to focus on the city and only send a few tanks to the valley. Sometimes, saying the obvious can help when you're surrounded by mouth-breathing morons who can't strategize to save their lives.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks