AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 16:15   Link #1
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

I HATE american T.V. show producers

As my title says I am really despising T.V. show producers lately, every year it's the same B.S you just get into a show during season 1 to find out it's been chopped and cancelled, and I am not talking 1 or 2 shows here but seems to be every show I like, meh who knows maybe I just have bad taste in T.V..

Dark Angel/New Knight Rider/Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles/No Ordinary Family/Law and Order : LA/Terra nova/Alcatraz and now recently The Secret Circle...
/holds on tightly to law & Order: SVU and Grimm all I got left.

So this is just me ranting, I am pissed and um so how do you guys feel about them producers? you have anything cancelled?
Old 2012-05-14, 16:19   Link #2
Kyuu
=^^=

Yes. I have longed abandoned the notion that these people (and Hollywood) produce anything good.

The truth is: They don't, but they think they do.

However, my cousin showed me episode 1 to this series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ead_(TV_series)
Well, let's just say: this one had me scared and feeling jumpy. So, it might be a worthwhile watch. Thank goodness for Netflix.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:23   Link #3
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I discovered that after I stopped watching TV, I no longer cared about what was on TV or what was cancelled.

Endless "Just sayin'" Soul
Old 2012-05-14, 16:27   Link #4
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Not all are bad, but most of them suck. The only ones I am still following are CSI and Law&order. I hate, hate, hate reality tv shows.

I rather stick to my novels and animes.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:31   Link #5
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yes. I have longed abandoned the notion that these people (and Hollywood) produce anything good.

The truth is: They don't, but they think they do.

However, my cousin showed me episode 1 to this series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ead_(TV_series)
Well, let's just say: this one had me scared and feeling jumpy. So, it might be a worthwhile watch. Thank goodness for Netflix.
I have been watching The walking Dead, pretty good show waiting for season 3 to start as well as season 5 of Merlin and season 2 of Falling Skies and really hoping for Sanctuary season 5
Old 2012-05-14, 16:51   Link #6
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Only shows with scripted plots I follow are Game of Thrones (OP, check this series out) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (the two shows are completely different, I know. ).

I watch a lot of food shows. Bizarre Foods, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives, Good Eats, and whatever else looks good on travel channel, food network, and cooking channel.

And I watch anime. And...people have been telling me to check out the Avatar The Last Airbender series and its follow up The Legend of Korra. I like anime, so I might as well check them out.
Old 2012-05-14, 17:00   Link #7
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In genernal I've not paid attention to American (or much any other for that matter) television since Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled, and I wasn't watching much even then. These days I tend to watch one to four animated shows a season. Usually all Japanese, though I do watch the Clone Wars from Cartoon Network. Live action television for some reason no longer really interests me. Even the Big Bang Theory hasn't brought me back to watching TV.

I was following some web based shows for a little while and some game review/entertainers like Totalbuscuit for a while as well as various Abridged Series, but I've not even been doing that regularly of late.
Old 2012-05-14, 17:08   Link #8
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Only shows with scripted plots I follow are Game of Thrones (OP, check this series out) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (the two shows are completely different, I know. ).

I watch a lot of food shows. Bizarre Foods, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Diner's, Drive Ins, and Dives, Good Eats, and whatever else looks good on travel channel, food network, and cooking channel.

And I watch anime. And...people have been telling me to check out the Avatar The Last Airbender series and its follow up The Legend of Korra. I like anime, so I might as well check them out.

Yes, check out Avatar: The Last Airbender very good series both the original and The Legend of Korra
Old 2012-05-14, 17:25   Link #9
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Two words....Fire Fly!
Old 2012-05-14, 18:28   Link #10
amasposu

There is a reason why I haven't watched a single American TV show since like 2007. I am sure there are lots of people who love American TV shows but they are just not my cup of tea. I have the same sentiment for American movies.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 18:49   Link #11
Athena
The Power of One

Hmm...CSI, Law & Order, NCIA:LA and the Mentalist are shows I used to watch/watch. Some episodes are better than others though.
Old 2012-05-14, 18:58   Link #12
Rahan

Mad Men and Breaking Bad are pretty much the two best tv works of the last 5 years regardless of the medium. (The Wire is still the best tv show ever, but it's a decade old)
I have a guilty pleasure with Spartacus. I guess, I really am not into 2D girls, I find fanservice so much better live acted. (although Spartacus is beyond fanservice, it would be more "ecchi")

I used to be a "pure" anime fan, but have been slowly switching side. I think 2011 was the first year I watched more live action shows (mostly americans) than anime since I got into anime in 99.

EDIT : after rereading OP, I think OP's hate is misdirected. You shouldn't hate the TV show producers, but the programs director (or whatever their title is on the USA) of the TV stations or even your fellow countrymen who dare watching something else than what you like (making your favorite shows unpopular)

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-05-14 at 19:13.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 19:00   Link #13
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I stopped regularly watching TV about 15 years ago. 95% of TV drama is about cops, doctors, or lawyers. I detest lawyers, have zero interest in doctors/nurses/medical, and have seen enough 70s cop shows to last a lifetime. Plus the majority of TV programming is relentlessly anti-male (and pretty much all TV advertising is anti-male) so I tuned that shit out long ago.

Note I'm talking about broadcast TV here. I don't get cable/satellite.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 19:59   Link #14
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

If I was head person of all these networks I would have them sign contracts forcing them to complete series regardless of ratings, if they don't think it will do good then don't start what they can't finish.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:00   Link #15
Alchemist007
*Author

The one rule I follow: don't watch anything on Fox unless it's an already completed series.

I also use this rule for anime in general! Too much is either dropped after a season, doesn't follow the manga (aka bullshit endings).
Old 2012-05-14, 20:20   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You can say that I was a huge American TV series fan in the past and so glad that the series I liked last pretty long (eg. The A team, Mission Impossible, MacGyver, Airwolf, Knight Rider, The X Files, etc)

Nowadays, I’m kinda lazy when it comes to American TV shows, so I just try whatever shown on my local TV. So far, I’m still following: CSI & Lie to Me. And yeah, I’m SO disappointed that a show as good as Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles got cancelled, yet they dragged shows like Smallville & Heroes.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:42   Link #17
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Two words....Fire Fly!
Agree. But 1 word, Firefly.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 20:51   Link #18
sa547
*Author

Hardly watch TV anymore except for the news, an occasional rerun on HBO, a documentary or an Asian movie on RED; local TV programming is just as boring and trite, as the stations are trying to outdo themselves for ratings by seeking the lowest common denominator.

US TV shows from the 80s and the early 90s seem to be the best and the most memorable.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:55   Link #19
jdennis007

One of my favorite shows is Eureka on the sfi-fi channel, if you dont have cable it is also on Hulu, it might match your interests.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:10   Link #20
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
If I was head person of all these networks I would have them sign contracts forcing them to complete series regardless of ratings, if they don't think it will do good then don't start what they can't finish.
Errr ... The shows are canceled by the networks (because of insufficient ratings), not by the producers ...

If connected TV like Apple TV are a huge success and VoD keeps becoming bigger, the economical model of those shows should change and tv stations will probably lose the exclusive rights. (I have read the internet giants intends to become content producer and not merely broadcaster)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote