AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 07:13   Link #861
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

ufotable would probably be the best animation studio for any Type-Moon adaptation. Coz when big studios like IG or Madhouse take up a budding show, they have had an annoying tendency of late to outsource them to smaller companies, since these studios work on too many every year anyway and so can't really prioritize. Whereas a studio like ufotable, if they're given a particularly big project, financed by a very well-to-do company (in this case, ANIPLEX), they're going to give their heart & soul to the project. ufotable hasn't even done any other show apart from KnK in the past two years, so when you receive that amount of dedication, it, naturally, will turn out to be very very good.

And the thing is, a big animation studio is not really needed anyway... especially when a much bigger company like Aniplex (financed by a company as big as Sony) is producing the show, they'll give you all the money and reach you need to fully make an animator's vision come true and make a show succeed. That's why a show like Xamd shines through and feels like a movie at times, the financing's really made a major difference. It's always great to see small studios make excellent shows and then produce even better ones. If ufotable really does get future Type-Moon shows, as looks increasingly likely (going by how fast KnK is becoming a success), I'd definitely be looking forward to how it turns out.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 15:40   Link #862
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
After re-watching it like 3 times all I can say is auu~. Superior render me speechless.

Edit: I Don't get it, how do you have a series with perfect audio, graphic, character design, concept, and plot. Ok maybe that is just my opinion but seriously, out of hundreds of anime I seen for the past 7 years, this has to be the best action series. I wish DVD comes out faster or maybe I could swim across the sea then watch it in theater or something.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-12-24 at 15:51.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 18:58   Link #863
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It's called commitment and production values as Mysteria pointed out.

By putting in a dedicated staff, lots of time (Movies having much more lenient time frames give the staff lots more time to make detailed frames etc) and a good amount of funding (More funding = more animators, several people working together to perfect the product and so on) anime has a less than one week time frame because of the need to edit etc.

Movies are superior in quality, but are slow to come up (as we notice)

Not to mention the other Typemoon adaptations were based on the VN, having several routes means that if you only take one route you don't get much of everything else and trying to do a bit of everything means a shoddy adaptation. And sometimes... it just doesn't work out.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 19:30   Link #864
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
It's called commitment and production values as Mysteria pointed out.

By putting in a dedicated staff, lots of time (Movies having much more lenient time frames give the staff lots more time to make detailed frames etc) and a good amount of funding (More funding = more animators, several people working together to perfect the product and so on) anime has a less than one week time frame because of the need to edit etc.

Movies are superior in quality, but are slow to come up (as we notice)

Not to mention the other Typemoon adaptations were based on the VN, having several routes means that if you only take one route you don't get much of everything else and trying to do a bit of everything means a shoddy adaptation. And sometimes... it just doesn't work out.
The "I don't get it", is more like a expression of "unbelievable" in quality; not that I actually don't get it. Good point anyways.

But one thing I really don't get is why does it take so long to get it out in DVD, is it like some torture for those oversea and can't watch it in theater?
Old 2008-12-24, 19:37   Link #865
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It's probably to thwart the piracy, after all if you let dvds fly with the theatre releases together then piracy may or may not destroy your box office ratings. And probably they use it to measure how much advertising they need to do, more box offices = less advertising needed usually as word of mouth is the best way to get a message through.

I want the dvds to come out sooner too how much are they going for each?

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 20:14   Link #866
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
This is why they should start to adapt routes into a set of OVA's. That way absolutely everybody would be happy.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:51   Link #867
patnam

New song for 6th Chapter is nice "fairytale"...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 02:54   Link #868
arkxkra
全力全開

talk about DVD, i miss the front few limited one, if buying now from other user, the price will be more expensive T_T.

Movie 6 already on screen in japan? can't wwait for the DVD to released.

btw, the 6th ED theme was nice too.
Old 2008-12-25, 06:21   Link #869
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
But one thing I really don't get is why does it take so long to get it out in DVD, is it like some torture for those oversea and can't watch it in theater?
It may be like in France where you cant release a DvD before 6 months after a movie opening to protect theater's revenue.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 08:33   Link #870
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch movie 4 ! It was great as usual !good design , song , action .....
Shiki is a badass !Wait for the next !!! If only all anime can have this quality ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:28   Link #871
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
how much are they going for each?
The limited edition is around 6000 yen each ... that is if you wanted to know the price.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:37   Link #872
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Regular Edition: 4800 jpy
Limited Edition: 7500 jpy
Tack on 1k jpy for vol. 5.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:42   Link #873
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is why they should start to adapt routes into a set of OVA's. That way absolutely everybody would be happy.
That would be great, but it is also quite unlikely, since it is not a tried and tested approach, we know very well that the people dealing or with money don't want to take risks.

And still VNs can work in TV with liner plot-lines, by incorporating events from different routes, thus using the character development, while simultaneously diverging from their individual plot-lines. Unfortunately this requires a very talented and dedicated person to work on the series composition and a skilled group of script-writers and both are rather rare. Not to mention the fact, that financially it is irrelevant if the adaption is loyal and all-encompassing or not. The people who care are very few to have an economic impact and in addition those who like the adaption will buy the game (my case with Tsukihime) or will just bitch about how many things were left out (as I did for Sakura in F/SN).
Old 2008-12-25, 19:16   Link #874
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That would be great, but it is also quite unlikely, since it is not a tried and tested approach, we know very well that the people dealing or with money don't want to take risks.
Indeed it's one hell of a risky move to make, and that's why i believe the chances of anyone ever trying that route are very low. Still it's just an idea i've always had in my head, like many others.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:26   Link #875
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
See it this way, the KnK project of 7 movies for 7 chapters is unusual and unprecedented in history of anime. I saluted ufotable and A-1 (which is indirectly Sony folks) for their big brass of balls to fund this extremely risky business venture. By the DVD sales, it might seem justified but I am curious how much a KnK movie cost them. It can't be cheap ( Movie 3 bridge scene is still awesome for rain...)

So....Shiro, don't be too surprised if one day some brave fellow decided to risk animating the entire route of popular VN in OVA/OAD format just like you wished for.
Old 2008-12-25, 22:07   Link #876
Thingle
Banned

The fifth movie is quite long. Hmmm...
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 23:16   Link #877
patnam

yeah, i heard it will be more than 2 hours...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 02:26   Link #878
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
yeah, i heard it will be more than 2 hours...
wat, 2 hours? usully was around 40~45 min, so it mean it damn long, I think the price for that will increase as well, , but 2 hour also nvm for me, since it so damn awesome lol.
Old 2008-12-26, 06:15   Link #879
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
See it this way, the KnK project of 7 movies for 7 chapters is unusual and unprecedented in history of anime. I saluted ufotable and A-1 (which is indirectly Sony folks) for their big brass of balls to fund this extremely risky business venture. By the DVD sales, it might seem justified but I am curious how much a KnK movie cost them. It can't be cheap ( Movie 3 bridge scene is still awesome for rain...)

So....Shiro, don't be too surprised if one day some brave fellow decided to risk animating the entire route of popular VN in OVA/OAD format just like you wished for.
Adapting each story into a movie isn't as risky as different routes from a VN game.
Old 2008-12-26, 07:26   Link #880
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Adapting each story into a movie isn't as risky as different routes from a VN game.
I agree completely and would also like to add that Rakyo had a linear plot and no routes (overlapping events and branching storylines). Though it is a very interesting idea to have an OVA per route, it is much more practical and efficient (financially) to incorporate different routes into a linear storyline.

Also keep in mind that the limited number of theaters add significantly both in promoting and in profit, as well as, the risk with such a limited theater release is very low.

Tags
action, harem, type moon