AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 21:45   Link #981
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
True

Nice OAD. Kotomi entered high school then they've introduced Toki so no second season would be cruel.
After watching the OAD, it would be cruel of them to just leave us hanging after that
Old 2011-04-18, 23:11   Link #982
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

The OAD was just as hilarious as I hoped it be, most of the scenes involving Kotomi were just great, especially the one with them being mistaking for a couple and getting something free, thus making her happy .

I'm really hoping for a second season since three new characters made appearances in this episode .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:19   Link #983
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i can't stop LOLing really this show is the best for Adult Jokes

can't wait for the 2nd season
Old 2011-04-19, 05:04   Link #984
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tsuda plugging his sister's ears when Shino started joking about periods made me laugh. It's too late for that, Tsuda, far too late... not only because she's entered puberty years ago, but because she's as perverted as Shino and Aria.
He plugged Mutsumi's ears. He wouldn't bother with his sister, he knows she is already tainted.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:30   Link #985
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I should have rewatched the scene sure.
Old 2011-04-19, 07:34   Link #986
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm a bit worried about the chances of a second season now.. this really is a perfect lead off episode for a second season.. and I realize the end of it pretty much yells out MORE IS COMING but as a tv series? We'll probably be getting OAD episodes with each manga volume.... hope I'm wrong...

Anyway absolutely loved it, was so good watching another episode of this show and it didn't miss a beat.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:40   Link #987
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

is Ayako not translating it?

this OAD is in middle of the 3rd volume
and 5 volumes has been released
enough material for 2nd season

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 14:25   Link #988
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
is Ayako not translating it?

this OAD is in middle of the 3rd volume
and 5 volumes has been released
enough material for 2nd season
So far there's only been a "crap quality" (LQ) raw released so most of the "usual suspects" haven't bothered fansubbing it. Even the one I found said they were going to redo it when a decent raw could be found.
Old 2011-04-19, 14:43   Link #989
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far there's only been a "crap quality" (LQ) raw released so most of the "usual suspects" haven't bothered fansubbing it. Even the one I found said they were going to redo it when a decent raw could be found.
Well it was a DVD only release, so unless it gets upscaled, I am not sure how there could be quality aside from 480p.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 17:39   Link #990
Kyouka
Is Here

Pretty awesome ova i forgot how many twin tails are in this show
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:58   Link #991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well it was a DVD only release, so unless it gets upscaled, I am not sure how there could be quality aside from 480p.
(edit, was incorrect)
yeah its 480p so not sure whats holding the others back... I just initially saw LQ and assumed a highly compressed raw or something.
Old 2011-04-20, 16:08   Link #992
Texas84
よろしく

Man, I am so happy to see this new episode. Lots of Hata-san!!!
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 04:38   Link #993
Sparvid
*hic*

Yay, more Chiaki Omigawa! (I haven't been watching Hanasaku Iroha)

And was that the pink-haired girl from the ED in the swim club?
Old 2011-04-21, 04:40   Link #994
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
And was that the pink-haired girl from the ED in the swim club?
Yep that's her, is she a character introduced later on or just something the anime team is doing for fun?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:14   Link #995
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have a semi-serious question...

I sort of like this show - I mean, I watch it. I laugh sometimes, and the people who like it seem like nice people and tend to like some of the same shows I do. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

But I get puzzled - legitimately, honestly puzzled - when I see someone say "this was a great episode" or the like. I guess my question is, how can you say any episode is a great episode or a bad episode when every episode is pretty much the same? I mean no disrespect, but it's pretty much the same joke in every episode with a slightly different setup, right? Every episode is about double entendres - how many ways can we talk about masturbation and erections and vibrators without actually saying it? It's not like there's any character development or new gags or anything like that. So what makes a good ep, and what makes a bad ep? I feel like I'm missing something here - and I hate that feeling!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:24   Link #996
Midonin
Last Engage

As a proud member of one of the most formulaic show genres around (toku), the answer to this is simple. The basic structure of each episode is identical, but when the viewers know that, they can focus on the fine details. The specific jokes made, if the usual joke was subverted in any way, how the various cast members play off each other in ways they may have not before. Every episode is the same on the surface, but that allows us to draw attention to what makes each one different too. And from episode to episode, not all jokes will be carried with the same consistency, there may be a higher hit to miss ratio.

The same as discussing any other show, when you get down to it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:33   Link #997
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
As a proud member of one of the most formulaic show genres around (toku), the answer to this is simple. The basic structure of each episode is identical, but when the viewers know that, they can focus on the fine details. The specific jokes made, if the usual joke was subverted in any way, how the various cast members play off each other in ways they may have not before. Every episode is the same on the surface, but that allows us to draw attention to what makes each one different too. And from episode to episode, not all jokes will be carried with the same consistency, there may be a higher hit to miss ratio.

The same as discussing any other show, when you get down to it.
Thanks - that's a helpful response. I can sort of see your point about the hit/miss ratio - though I frankly don't see a huge range in this show, for better or worse.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:39   Link #998
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The fansub I've come across won't seem to play the subtitles either in winamp or media classic player and when I open the mkv file in aegisub ... the subtitle file is empty. Anyone else had this problem? (using the 2010/10/10 cccp codec and the latest cccp package). I've downloaded both the LQ and 480 versions.

Answer on my visitor page or PM if you have any ideas, thanks.

edit1: I take it back... apparently all my files are suddenly behaving this way .... somewhere something got dorked in playback settings, back to the drawing board.

edit2:
Quote:
Try in the CCCP Settings applet:

- Reset All Settings -> Apply
then:
- Re-Register Filters -> Apply
which fixed it, thanks to npcomplete's post in Playback for solution. No idea why those settings would have changed in the first place.

On the episode:
Was looking forward to the anime adaptation of the "delinquent" Toki-san... wasn't disappointed (though the VA voiced her even more quietly than expected).
Can never get enough Suzu-chan
Aria and closet-exhibitionist Shino seemed almost over the top in horniness (as if that is possible).

Rats, guess I was hoping for some of the Tsuda-Shino extended sketches in volume 3/4. So I suppose if this sells well we'll be getting more special releases rather than another season.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-21 at 13:45.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 08:38   Link #999
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Looks like we're still not done yet, folks:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ore-anime-dvds

Two more OADs on the horizon, and the seventh manga volume will have "some kind of an enjoyable project" planned for next July.

George says:

DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 18:04   Link #1000
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
No complaints here. Actually would prefer a 2nd season.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen