AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-04, 05:08   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

AnoHana - Character Discussion - Yukiatsu (Matsuyuki Atsumu)

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Yukiatsu (Matsuyuki Atsumu) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all AnoHana fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-04, 07:54   Link #2
User68604
Disabled By Request

def the char with the darkest personality, many questions about this one

creepy as hell, sniffing a dead girls dress for years..
Old 2011-05-04, 09:59   Link #3
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so what's the odds that he cross-dresses?
Old 2011-05-04, 10:23   Link #4
Sebasu
~

"You're such a pathetic guy--- But you do have your looks going for you." - Tsuruko's line from episode 1 is still pretty much on point.

For some reason I feel like he would end up having the most pages under Menma/Anaru. xD He surely has some issues, but it definitely makes the story more interesting. Still somehow I'm rooting for his character to be redeemable because I feel bad for him.
Old 2011-05-04, 10:40   Link #5
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

His dark personality makes this series for me personally rather emotionally "heavy". The relationships between the characters and how volatile he is makes this series really interesting and really suspenseful I hope he is redeemed at the end hopefully gets together with Tsuroku.
Old 2011-05-04, 13:58   Link #6
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I just think he is a dick.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:18   Link #7
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
"You're such a pathetic guy--- But you do have your looks going for you." - Tsuruko's line from episode 1 is still pretty much on point.

For some reason I feel like he would end up having the most pages under Menma/Anaru. xD He surely has some issues, but it definitely makes the story more interesting. Still somehow I'm rooting for his character to be redeemable because I feel bad for him.
I do too. He really does seem like a character who wanted to be special, but was always under someone's shadow. Somewhat like a little brother.

I'm starting to wonder where he fit in with the group dynamics, or how the group dynamics worked at all. He doesn't seem like he would positively interact with anyone other than Tsuruko. I hope he turns out to be dependable after this is over, since he seems like the cool-type of character that can get things done if they need to be done. He, Poppo, and Tsuruko are what the group needs to start events that bond them together, in my opinion, since the others seem too hesitant to do things on their own.
Old 2011-05-05, 23:43   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is smelling your own dress more or less creepy than smelling a dead girl's dress?

Poor Yukiatsu. I'm angry at him - angry that he cheapens Jinta's genuine confusion and distress over Menma's appearance by turning it into a pissing contest, and angry that he tries to hurt Jinta as much as he can when he's already down. But I still feel more sorry for him than angry. He's basically pathetic at this point - Jinta at least turned his own distress inward, but Yukiatsu channels his into malovelance towards others. He needs help probably even more than Jinta does - but lucky for him Tsuruko knows it and (for some reason) still cares enough about him to act.
Old 2011-05-06, 00:07   Link #9
james0246

For some reason, I really like Yukiatsu. He's just so sad, yet so simple (seemingly). I can't help but want to hug him and tell him it will all get better . (I have the same emotional reaction with Anaru; but Jintan and the others...I think they have the strength to help themselves.)
Old 2011-05-06, 00:47   Link #10
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I probably dislike Yukiatsu more than I feel sorry for him. I get that he's hurting plenty himself and clearly has a lot of issues to deal with. Still he has been a jerk for most of the time that we have seen him and is pretty creepy. Will have to see how he develops as the series goes on.
Old 2011-05-06, 08:33   Link #11
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Yukiatsu is the best character.
Old 2011-05-06, 09:15   Link #12
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

MAH FAVORITE CHARACTER. From dress smelling, to cross-dressing OH GAHD.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:49   Link #13
User68604
Disabled By Request

definitely the most disturbed.. glad this bish got caught
Old 2011-05-06, 12:41   Link #14
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I hope Jinta punches him out, he pisses me off so much
Old 2011-05-06, 12:50   Link #15
User68604
Disabled By Request

i think its clear that the guy is holding a superlong grudge against jintan from childhood b/c menma liked him back then.

yukiatsu simply cannot move on from that fact, hence why he harbors ill feelings towards jintan for so long...

i actually pity that guy, as pathetic as he is
Old 2011-05-06, 14:15   Link #16
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Exposed. I'm most excited about seeing Yukiatsu's interaction with the group from episode 4 on. I'd be pretty pissed if they just pretend it never happened.
Old 2011-05-06, 19:16   Link #17
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... I think (at least as of the present ep) that I am in the "camp" of those who feel sorry for Yukiatsu.....

He obviously (at least to me) seems he still has a lot of issues to deal with.
Old 2011-05-09, 18:33   Link #18
achirist

I think Yukiatsu's dark, hidden issues (apparently stemming from his resentments in the past and feelings for Menma) make him a much more interesting character than the others, and I like him a lot.
Old 2011-05-09, 22:06   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
His dark personality makes this series for me personally rather emotionally "heavy". The relationships between the characters and how volatile he is makes this series really interesting and really suspenseful I hope he is redeemed at the end hopefully gets together with Tsuroku.
I agree with this.

I can see why some strongly dislike Yukiatsu, but I think he really adds a lot to this series.

He makes it a bit darker and more suspenseful. He basically is a bit of an antagonistic figure, but nonetheless one with significant past and/or present ties with all of the major protagonists, and that adds some real spice to a slice of life drama, in my opinion.
Old 2011-05-09, 22:33   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I'll go with the bitch that betrayed him... at least save your legs if you're going to cross-dress as your 10-year dead childhood crush... in other words, there are so many things wrongs with the most socially acceptable character in this show, that it hardly qualifies for NoitaminA
Closed Thread

Tags
characters