AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-03, 02:41   Link #1
bludvein

Demon Fist of Daydreamer [Light Novel]

Original Title : 魔拳のデイドリーマー
Alternative Title: Maken no Daydreamer / Demon Fist of Daydreamer
Illustrator : Tea
Publisher : Alphapolis
Web Version: Here

Spoiler for Novel Cover Illustrations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The MC(Minato) is a college student who died in a plane crash and was reincarnated in a fantasy world. He was raised alone in the wilderness by his succubus mother, and now he tries to make his way as an adventurer.
Spoiler for Characters:

I've been meaning to make a thread for this for a while, but couldn't work up the motivation. One of the rare titles published by Alphapolis whose web version isn't butchered with a digest after publishing.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-04 at 05:12.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 02:50   Link #2
Karoshi
Forgetful Daydreamer

"Raised by succubus mother"

You got me interested.

Mad scientist how?
Karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 02:58   Link #3
Rahuman
Masked Reader

his mother is a succubus, that mean he's a half succubi right ?
Unlimited Libido !! Sex scene(probably never happen) !! Obviously the harem will exceed 3 girls !! Yeaaaah !!
Old 2014-12-03, 03:09   Link #4
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahuman View Post
his mother is a succubus, that mean he's a half succubi right ?
Unlimited Libido !! Sex scene(probably never happen) !! Obviously the harem will exceed 3 girls !! Yeaaaah !!
Nope. In this setting there are no incubus'(incubi?). Any child of a succubus has a 100% chance of being the father's race if its male, and a 50/50 chance if its female. The other 50% would be as a new succubus. There are no halves for them. Minato is a human, but he obtained a mutation because his birth was complicated. True incubus' are considered extinct or mythical in the setting.

It's actually not relevant in a sexual way at all. Succubus' are considered powerful because of their control over dreams and resistance to spirit attacks like illusions and hypnosis. Also, since they can have a child with any race, they can use any race's unique abilities(although there is only 2 known cases of this capacity, Minato and his mother).

So no women throwing themselves at him over it, although he might have a harem eventually.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-03 at 03:23.
Old 2014-12-03, 03:14   Link #5
Baltoferd

Hmmm... Another interesting series. Time to binge-reading and kill some brain cells..

A question: there are titles above certain chapters in the website. I'm not familiar with Narou's system, but what do they mean? Arc titles, novel volume titles, or?
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 03:21   Link #6
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltoferd View Post
Hmmm... Another interesting series. Time to binge-reading and kill some brain cells..

A question: there are titles above certain chapters in the website. I'm not familiar with Narou's system, but what do they mean? Arc titles, novel volume titles, or?
Arc titles.
Old 2014-12-03, 04:21   Link #7
nero12

so i'm guessing the green haired megane is the MC's girlfriend?
Old 2014-12-03, 04:23   Link #8
Trung-t-rung

So the main character has some sentai hero quirks ?
Can we expect stuff like henshin pose and roll call ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 04:33   Link #9
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
so i'm guessing the green haired megane is the MC's girlfriend?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
So the main character has some sentai hero quirks ?
Can we expect stuff like henshin pose and roll call ?
He has an ultimate form technique, and also adds an optional transformation scene to his armor just because he thought it was interesting that way. Though thankfully he doesn't go full on chuuni.
Old 2014-12-03, 04:33   Link #10
Banktzat

Lemme ask the most legendary guestion...

Is the mc OP & its this harem??
Banktzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 04:39   Link #11
NovelReader

Saw your update post on the narou thread and got me intrigued. Bookmarked so I might give it a read later when I have time.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 04:48   Link #12
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banktzat View Post
Lemme ask the most legendary guestion...

Is the mc OP & its this harem??
Yes, he is overpowered. The only thing keeping him from being stupidly so is that he can't control his magic once it's left his body, which means he can't do most magic. It's not much of a handicap. As for a harem, do 2 girls count? At the current point that's all, but it may be expanded later.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-03 at 07:03.
Old 2014-12-03, 05:11   Link #13
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Yup.

He has an ultimate form technique, and also adds an optional transformation scene to his armor just because he thought it was interesting that way. Though thankfully he doesn't go full on chuuni.
Damn, I kind of expect him to go chuuni/fanboy mode in the middle battle and use tokukatsu reference or something.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 08:00   Link #14
qtjr168

I suppose nobody's been translating it yet? I'm considering reading MT and getting a headache.....
qtjr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 08:29   Link #15
arthand

This seems good , too bad we cant read it
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 08:30   Link #16
cadu_

Its says he has a girlfriend and a self-proclaimed mistress?How faithfull is he?I mean,if the mistress is self-proclaimed does that mean he doesnt do anything with her?And whats the girl opinion in the matter?
Could you also describe the personalities of the MC and the girls?
Old 2014-12-03, 09:08   Link #17
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Its says he has a girlfriend and a self-proclaimed mistress?How faithfull is he?I mean,if the mistress is self-proclaimed does that mean he doesnt do anything with her?And whats the girl opinion in the matter?
Could you also describe the personalities of the MC and the girls?
Well I put self-proclaimed because for over 5+ volumes after she appeared that was true. I didn't want to spoil too much since its related to the MC's character growth, but Shelley does eventually win him over. Elk was pretty awkward but it's not too unusual in this world so not a big deal is made of it.

As for personalities....

Minato is a child at heart and a mad scientist. He likes inventing magics and making things without taking responsibility for them. He even experimented on his own body as a child. His motto is basically "I made it to satisfy my curiosity, what's done afterwards with it is not my responsibility." He treats life like a play he is performing for an audience, which earns him the nickname "daydreamer" from the title. Also no sense of direction.

Ell is the group's tsukkomi and a tsundere. Not an annoyingly violent one though. The common sense character dragged into insane events. Group's vice-leader and the one who usually takes care of money and deals. Has a bit of an inferiority complex because at first she is much weaker than Minato since she is a normal human with minimal training. She keeps him from doing anything too stupid (like getting lost) and he trains her as they go along. At this point she is pretty much the de facto wife character.

Sherrey is a blood knight like I said in the OP. She likes fighting and drinking, and occasionally spouts socially awkward things. Ran away from her home because her race had secluded themselves based on an elitist mindset. Basically they didn't want to be "tainted" with lesser races/technologies and prevented anyone from leaving. Fairly powerful from the start.

The other characters come later, which I'll add a description for if we get some summaries or translations going.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-04 at 05:12.
Old 2014-12-03, 09:23   Link #18
Amanomurakumo

So it's one of those series that revolves around boke and tsukkomi routines?
Like Fujimura-kun mates or D-frag, where one person is the straightman surrounded by strange people?
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 09:25   Link #19
arthand

How does the main character fights , does he uses taijutsu or does he transform ultimate forms etc.. can you give us info about that .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 09:45   Link #20
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthand View Post
How does the main character fights , does he uses taijutsu or does he transform ultimate forms etc.. can you give us info about that .
Minato fights with body surgery/taijutsu charged with magic riding the strike. Aka element punches/kicks. He is also expert at internal magic like boosting strength, defense, senses, ect. He is unable to use ranged magic because he lacks the sensitivity necessary for it. So no fireballs or wind cutters ect. He can only indirectly attack at range with shockwaves unless he uses throwing weapons(which aren't that helpful against the things he usually fights). It doesn't hold him back any, since he is powerful enough to pick up a house and throw it. Because of the technique he created, his body is also stronger than steel, won't burn from fire, melt in acid, or even be poisoned. The reactions he usually receives are usually along the lines of "one step further from human" and a facepalm.

Tags
adventurer, fantasy, harem, mad scientist mc, rape, reincarnation, shotacon, webnovel