AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-18, 08:20   Link #141
Soji

Veretax@For your allusions, on themes that could be predictive.
Spoiler for spoielr:
About the song probably Inori will have to sing to Shu on live(If Veretax it's right).from the preview
Spoiler for ep 11:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-18 at 09:48.
Old 2011-12-18, 09:31   Link #142
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

@veretax If you're using the crown of thorns to compare shuu to a messiah figure, iirc jesus himself didn't want his role as a messiah; probably because it ended with his violent death, as well. So with that, Shu could still deserve the allusion of having a crown of thorns.

As for Gai, let's just say I don't trust him. The sooner he's dead, the better. He's already proven to be adept at manipulating people and I don't think anything he says can be trusted. The confession scene in one of the episodes is hardly proof when he could have easily asked Inori to fake it so that she could direct Shu to what seemed like a 'geniuine' confession. Considering she already listened to his advice on how to manipulate Shu to join FP, everything Inori or anyone related to Gai does is highly suspect. Plus the episode with the school council president already showed how good he is at using his powers to see people's void to manipulate others. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how he gathered so many people for FP since most of the major members we see seem to be still at the age where they have voids.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-18, 10:12   Link #143
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
As for Gai, let's just say I don't trust him. The sooner he's dead, the better. He's already proven to be adept at manipulating people and I don't think anything he says can be trusted. The confession scene in one of the episodes is hardly proof when he could have easily asked Inori to fake it so that she could direct Shu to what seemed like a 'geniuine' confession. Considering she already listened to his advice on how to manipulate Shu to join FP, everything Inori or anyone related to Gai does is highly suspect. Plus the episode with the school council president already showed how good he is at using his powers to see people's void to manipulate others. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how he gathered so many people for FP since most of the major members we see seem to be still at the age where they have voids.
Don't kill Gai just yet: we still don't know how their childhood fits into the events happening right now. It would be a pity if we can't get the explanation out of the horse's mouth. I suspect Gai knows everything.
Old 2011-12-18, 10:58   Link #144
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I think Gai will die at the end of this first season or at least, he will turn into a crystal statue. Then, in the next season, Shu will become the leader of FP and Gai statue will be in his room.
Old 2011-12-18, 11:10   Link #145
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I think Gai will die at the end of this first season or at least, he will turn into a crystal statue. Then, in the next season, Shu will become the leader of FP and Gai statue will be in his room.
That will make Shu more disturbing than he currently is...

>_>
Old 2011-12-18, 11:23   Link #146
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That will make Shu more disturbing than he currently is...

>_>
agree...I mean I can see Shu at the future leader of Fp..but not the part of Gai (I mean the statue)
Old 2011-12-18, 11:56   Link #147
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yes but Gai needs Shu. It doesn't make any sense for him to do that if he needs him.

About Aayase, I find her weird too. At first, she tried to talk to him and then after the whole Gai scene, she said "he's a coward" ? WTF ?

At least, Shu's behavior is understandable.
What she said made perfect sense.
Gai told him they found the rock which triggered 'lost christmas' he said it had nothing to do with him. He was about to kill him and Shu was willing to accept that fate. Gai then told him he was going to pull Inori from the school and that is when we got a reaction.

Personally i feel its perfectly acceptable to feel depressed or suffer from PTSD after going through such a traumatic event. Unfortunatley in this case, i dont have any sympathy for Shu for several reasons

1) Unless i'm to believe those all mechs he destroyed were unmanned he has killed before
2)While he may have been pressured to do so, ultimatley he made the choice to join FP.
3)Being subjugated to his constant whining and teen melodrama
4)The way its being executed. What he did was the equivalent to euthanasia, on a stranger no less. It would have been far more interesting imo for him to pretend to be uneffected but then show the inner turmoil and effect it was having on him carrying out his mission. All we got to see was him running away like he always does.

When you combine the fact that it seems up until now his actions and sole reason for being has been motivated by his neurotic, hormonal effections for a doll makes it even harder to empathise with the guy.
Old 2011-12-18, 11:56   Link #148
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Would they even allow Shu to become leader if such events would happen?

I know I wouldn't.
Old 2011-12-18, 12:23   Link #149
Soji

ImagineThat@I think that Shu had two PTSD. the first from the first lost Christmas because of which he has lost his past memories and create the personality that we saw from the beginning. And the second time he got this trauma that caused the re-emergence of his first one in the form of visions and flashbacks. The current trauma one Shu knows about'it , thus it's less scary for him.but the second he does not remember it so he can't understand these visions . Or at least that's what I think.
DXMichael@You got a point there. So what about this .. Ayase as a commander and Shu again join the group ,but this time in the right way.I mean not a toll but a comrade for them and with another purpose other than to be with Inori.
Old 2011-12-18, 13:14   Link #150
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
ImagineThat@I think that Shu had two PTSD. the first from the first lost Christmas because of which he has lost his past memories and create the personality that we saw from the beginning. And the second time he got this trauma that caused the re-emergence of his first one in the form of visions and flashbacks. The current trauma one Shu knows about'it , thus it's less scary for him.but the second he does not remember it so he can't understand these visions . Or at least that's what I think.
DXMichael@You got a point there. So what about this .. Ayase as a commander and Shu again join the group ,but this time in the right way.I mean not a toll but a comrade for them and with another purpose other than to be with Inori.
I think you may have hit the nail on the head with that. I was wondering why he was having visions of random people but if you apply that reasoning and killing Jun triggering those memories it makes sense.

Still Shu has been lost cause for me since episode 8 but i do think they missed a giant step to gain some compassion from the way they've executed his supposed PTSD.
Old 2011-12-18, 14:13   Link #151
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
agree...I mean I can see Shu at the future leader of Fp..but not the part of Gai (I mean the statue)
God... I'll laugh like crazy if Gai indeed turned into statue and became FP's monument or something.

Do it!
Old 2011-12-18, 14:41   Link #152
miketyson

Yeah, aside from the fact that the series seems to be improving from the 'fun' standpoint over time, one of the things that's been so much fun with this show is that the whole "voids/void genome" thing is just amazingly rich grounds for comedy and parody. Even if this flops, a Fumoffu-style joke season could be astoundingly hilarious.

Between the voids themselves, the suggestive way voids get accessed, and the promised -- if as-yet unseen -- way voids change to reflect the relationship between people, and you've got a truly great comic setup.

A crystal statue of Gai Shu can consult by pulling out its void? Sign me up too.
Old 2011-12-18, 14:43   Link #153
miketyson

Oh and in terms of prediction: it'd make sense for Shu to rescue eveyrone with his school buddies and rejoin a devastated FP, but not before demanding to actually get told WTH is going on and WTF everyone's fighting for, etc.; this goes double if Inori goes full-bakemono next week.
Old 2011-12-18, 15:21   Link #154
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Oh and in terms of prediction: it'd make sense for Shu to rescue eveyrone with his school buddies and rejoin a devastated FP, but not before demanding to actually get told WTH is going on and WTF everyone's fighting for, etc.; this goes double if Inori goes full-bakemono next week.
I fear one of them will be not with shuI could be wrong but from this pic taken by preview.
Spoiler for pic preview ep 11:
I really hope I am wrong though.
Old 2011-12-18, 15:25   Link #155
miketyson

Soji: Given how calm everyone is I'm guessing he just pulled her void.
Old 2011-12-18, 15:30   Link #156
Soji

miketyson@I thought this was possible and I hope this is..., but they seem more sad that calm to me.but you're probably right.
Old 2011-12-18, 15:32   Link #157
miketyson

I'd be sad too if I found out Shu'd done that to me, lol. If he's pulling Hare's void then I think only the class president's yet to feel Shu's touch.

Maybe he's having trouble pulling it b/c it was only a few moments ago that he was a total creep to her?
Old 2011-12-18, 15:52   Link #158
Soji

^I do not think that would affect his its ability to extract the void ,really ... but if is as you say ,is most likely that the cause will be the visions that he had, or rather his memories that trying to resurface.But if you see carefully you can't is the light that usually appears when he trying to use his power.
Old 2011-12-18, 16:03   Link #159
Akashin

Quote:
^I do not think that would affect his its ability to extract the void ,really
It would if he made a mental correlation between forcing himself on Hare and forcefully ripping a Void out of her. And I could definitely see Shu doing exactly that.

It's more likely than all of his friends being completely cool over her dying, at any rate.
Old 2011-12-18, 16:19   Link #160
Soji

^You have a point there.And Shu would definitely think like that.
Closed Thread