AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-06-19, 10:31   Link #1401
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Best way to describe it is reality bending. Breaking the laws of common sense. The AIM around him bends and twists according to the Vending Machine SS resume on the Index wiki.

Go read the before-last part of SS2. A magician called Ollerus, who is the closest person to have achieved the status Magic God - a being who can bend all natural laws and reaches into the divine - fights Gunha. He gives some interesting insights.

My personal theory is that he is the natural-born scientific equivalent of a Magic God. Ollerus states than the difference between he and Gunha is that one realize what power he wields, the other does not. Ollerus even says that Gunha could beat him if he attained a greater understanding of his abilities.

Ollerus proceeds to curbstomp poor Gunha without even trying, while he was taking Ollerus as a serious opponent and went all out.
I read up on that part but... really? Gunha - an Esper version of the Magic God? Holy... Then, wouldn't he technically be one of the top 3 most powerful Espers?

Reality bending indeed.

One wonders why Aleister is just ignoring him...
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 10:48   Link #1402
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
I read up on that part but... really? Gunha - an Esper version of the Magic God? Holy... Then, wouldn't he technically be one of the top 3 most powerful Espers?

Reality bending indeed.

One wonders why Aleister is just ignoring him...
Just my theory, but considering what Ollerus said about Gunha becoming stronger than him (and the fact that he [Ollerus] is someone that can probably POUND non-angel Accelerator into the ground without too much effort), it's not THAT crazy to believe Mr. Ham can become something completely broken in terms of abilities.

Let's remember that the ranking of the Level 5 don't reflect their actual power, if we are to believe Mugino Shizuri. It represents their usefulness to Academy City and Aleister's plans. The reason Gunha is the seventh is because he might not even fit that classification. Another reason is that he's incomprehensible, so you can't really use the research on him to create something like... Five_OVER in NT1 for example.

Also, to quote the V22 afterword...

Quote:
[...]Despite the fact that we’re talking about the Hamazura Faction that’s not on the Science side or the Magic side, the topics coming up are getting close to the core of everything. The so-called "specifically made potential ESPers who can rise to Level 5"... "Dark Matter" is a special exception, so it can’t be verified, but no matter if it’s Accelerator or the "Railgun", apart from being simply biological resources from the industrial point of view, they're simply "delicious", no? The seventh Level 5 who appears in SS2 should be fairly powerful, but why is he only the seventh? Regarding this kind of question, from this point of view, the answer should be more obvious… At first glance, the fifth seems to have little value, but when used in disciplines such as sports and medicine, there'd be great benefits.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 10:52   Link #1403
Drifting Wolf

That's true enough. I do know the ranking doesn't reflect their strengths so that's why I was wondering about Gunha. Potential powers or not, Gunha has already proven to be quite a powerhouse.

Though, the Dorm Supervisor certainly didn't seem to be impressed.
Old 2011-06-19, 11:06   Link #1404
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
That's true enough. I do know the ranking doesn't reflect their strengths so that's why I was wondering about Gunha. Potential powers or not, Gunha has already proven to be quite a powerhouse.

Though, the Dorm Supervisor certainly didn't seem to be impressed.
She's the sixth Level 5.

^Stroke of genius.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-19, 11:22   Link #1405
Drifting Wolf

Nah~

What makes the Dorm Supervisor so scary is because she's living proof that a normal person can still make Level 5's wet their pants. ^_^
Old 2011-06-20, 06:07   Link #1406
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

So she's the Batman of the Toaruverse? Using good tactics, excellent combat skills and psychological warfare?
Tsukino Kage Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 06:22   Link #1407
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Kage Spectre View Post
So she's the Batman of the Toaruverse? Using good tactics, excellent combat skills and psychological warfare?
Mostly psychological warfare, she hasn't really display any true combat skills in a non-comical scene.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 06:46   Link #1408
Drifting Wolf

Lol.

Imagine this:

Spoiler for Small Scene?:

I'm not very good at writing, so they might be a little OOC or something...

@ Chaos2Frozen : In the Side Stories, when she took on Gunha, she forced Gunha to stop fighting because she was able to keep up with his speed. Not to mention she's apparently an even greater fighter than Komaba and Wataru...
Old 2011-06-20, 07:03   Link #1409
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

@ Chaos2Frozen : In the Side Stories, when she took on Gunha, she forced Gunha to stop fighting because she was able to keep up with his speed. Not to mention she's apparently an even greater fighter than Komaba and Wataru...

She fought Gunha in SS2? Which chapter?
Old 2011-06-20, 07:08   Link #1410
Drifting Wolf

I can't remember? It was the fanfare one. She snapped Mikoto's neck and took on Gunha. That was what I read, anyway. O.O

I'll go check.
Old 2011-06-20, 07:11   Link #1411
Drifting Wolf

Wait, my mistake. She didn't take Gunha on. Gunha was merely frightened off by her 'Aura' or something like that. But she did take out Mikoto before Mikoto could react.

This was in the summary of Toaru Jihanki no Fanfre in the To Aru wiki. My apologies for causing some confusion...
Old 2011-06-20, 07:12   Link #1412
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I can't remember? It was the fanfare one. She snapped Mikoto's neck and took on Gunha. That was what I read, anyway. O.O

I'll go check.
That's the "A certain Vending Machine's proof of existence", it hasn't been translated, and the summary (assuming it's fairly accurate, no offense to the guy) never said anything about her fighting Gunha in a serious match, Gunha back off immediately after seeing her defeat Mikoto in one move.

Quote:
Wait, my mistake. She didn't take Gunha on. Gunha was merely frightened off by her 'Aura' or something like that. But she did take out Mikoto before Mikoto could react.

This was in the summary of Toaru Jihanki no Fanfre in the To Aru wiki. My apologies for causing some confusion...
Yup, and my point stands that she hasn't been in a serious fight before.
Old 2011-06-20, 07:20   Link #1413
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Lol.

Imagine this:

Spoiler for Small Scene?:

I'm not very good at writing, so they might be a little OOC or something...

That was hilarious. APPROVED!

Old 2011-06-20, 07:31   Link #1414
Drifting Wolf

^

Thank You! ^_^

+1 confidence point? Lol.
Old 2011-06-20, 07:36   Link #1415
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
It is no small thing to get approval from the Holy Crack Emperor himself.

And just so you know...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-20, 11:34   Link #1416
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
It is no small thing to get approval from the Holy Crack Emperor himself.

And just so you know...
Spoiler:
You're trying to start a meme, aren't you?

Old 2011-06-20, 11:44   Link #1417
Drifting Wolf

So, 'Mr. Kyon Approves' is for all crack-based stories?
Old 2011-06-20, 11:47   Link #1418
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
So, 'Mr. Kyon Approves' is for all crack-based stories?
If they are funny, yes. I like my crack go moooood. The cheap stuff gives me da chills.

Old 2011-06-20, 11:47   Link #1419
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
You're trying to start a meme, aren't you?
It all started with me using that pic to call Wilfriback blasphemer (for insulting Worst-sama) and then found it cool. That was the day that I decided to change my avatar and use this picture now and then as a personal meme ^_^;

Don't worry, I'll get bored of it soon enough :P

Last edited by Nayrael; 2011-06-20 at 12:01.
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 21:29   Link #1420
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
It all started with me using that pic to call Wilfriback blasphemer (for insulting Worst-sama) and then found it cool. That was the day that I decided to change my avatar and use this picture now and then as a personal meme ^_^;

Don't worry, I'll get bored of it soon enough :P
What do you have to say about the Pope pic that Wilfriback posted?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction