AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 14:30   Link #1421
Eratas123

@Wavehawk- Ren can't pilot an IS? Is she a badass normal then?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 06:00   Link #1422
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...wouldn't you like to know, Eratas...?
Quote:
July 25th

Damn that woman. Damn her.

Cousseran swore under his breath within the safety of his hotel room. There was a small bandage over the cut on his ear, an indignity that Roland had to bear with as he looked in the bathroom mirror.

A trick. It has to be.

Though he was shaken by the abruptness of the woman's interference, that fear was now subsiding. Roland was now rethinking his options, his chances of success. The expenses he'd taken just to fly into this country were bad enough. The amounts he'd invested to bribe local officials the other way were astronomical. There was no way he was leaving without Charlotte--either in tow or in the luggage if he had to.

It was his one shot at success in the company. The one chance at greatness that he was simply unable to turn down.

A moment passed as he considered his options, and with a wry smile he decided to go with the one that was most rash.

I'll need some backup.

He needed to make a few calls.

<--------------->

July 26th

The apartment had changed slightly in the days since they first met. Haruko insisted on something more human than a bed and a table. The bed was replaced with a bunk, and a reading table was added. The room still lacked the color to be called a home, but it was definitely more than what it had.

Since the month's beginnings, Haruko had been working to keep her partner informed an occupied. While local police and the Academy's own teachers were primarily responsible for the visible security of the area, she and <Ren> were in charge of the behind-the-scenes work. It was quiet for the most part, but there were moments of sheer terror in between, such as a botched kidnapping attempt on Cecilia Alcott and sightings of Shinonono Tabane in the immediate area of IS Academy.

And now, this affair with Roland Cousseran.

"You think he'll try again?" <Ren> asked, even as she toyed with the paper-thin blade she was currently studying.

"Absolutely." Haruko nodded. "Roland Cousseran hasn't made any changes to his schedule here in Japan. And he's made a few encoded calls back to France. Johohonbu HQ is decrypting it right now, but I don't think he called to throw in the towel."

"So Messr Cousseran is too stupid to know when to quit?"

"More like far too greedy." Kokuto stretched backward in her chair--another improvement as she made a request for a proper ergonomic one to use. "He thinks that by taking back Charlotte Dunois he can help the company save face and get promoted."

"The revelation that Charlotte Dunois is female already blew up in Dunois Industries' face." <Ren> deftly flicked a wrist, and the paper-thin blade disappeared, hidden in one jacket sleeve. "Why the hell do they think they can cover it up now?"

"My guess? They want to use her as a scapegoat."

<Ren> was indifferent. "Explain."

Saying 'please' every once in a while won't kill you, you know! Haruko wore a look of distaste. "Nepotism. Dunois Industries is a family-owned company. No shareholders to influence company decisions or to threaten funding. Not unlike some asian corporate dynasties, actually. They tend to promote family members over more qualified outsiders. It also means non-family executives get axed first. That also means a lot of backstabbing involved. Keeping it all in the family."

A flick, three knives identical in shape, appeared in <Ren>'s hands.

"...and since Charlotte Dunois is an illegitimate daughter?"

A nod from Kokuto. "They can deny responsibility for the deception. If they physically bring Charlotte back, they can basically shift the blame to certain non-family individuals in the company--or at least family members they can afford to axe. Don't you think it was strange that according to record, the chairman of Dunois industries only met his daughter Charlotte twice?"

"He can categorically deny any involvement or knowledge." <Ren> hid the blades once again, making a white-knuckled fist. "It saves the main company and it's CEO."

"While effectively cutting loose minor company executives." Haruko scratched the nape of her neck with a pen. "Cousseran isn't well liked by most of the Dunois clan, either. If he can bring his cousin back, he's practically guaranteed a promotion. They'd promote him just to shut him up."

"Cousseran is what? Second cousin, once removed, from Charlotte Dunois?"

"Third cousin, actually." Kokuto drew a yawn as she read the onscreen file in front of her. "A middle-manager in the company's arms and security division. Essentially the head of Dunois' security forces."

The cackle from <Ren> froze Haruko's blood cold.

"That idiot, in charge of Dunois Industries security? I'm surprised the company hasn't gone under already." A flick of <Ren>'s left hand opened up with a fan made of throwing darts. Her face turned instantly serious. "He can't even tell when someone with a knife is standing right next to him. How the hell can he be in charge of securing ANYTHING?"

"Blood is thicker than water." Haruko finally got over the chilling laugh. "It's a family thing, but I don't think storge love has anything to do with it."

"---Storge?"

"Obligatory love." Kokuto sighed. As if you'd understand the concept of love! "The kind of love associated between family members."

"Stop trying to make yourself sound smart."

No, I won't. I will not make fun of someone who can turn me into a pincushion. Haruko threw up her hands, giving up visibly. "You know, <Ren>? You and Charlotte Dunois are polar opposites. She's an absolute angel."

"And I'm the devil, right?" The wicked gleam in <Ren>'s eye gave Haruko a fiery cold chill. "I don't mind the comparison. It's not like I have any competition in that race."

"--are you actually taking that as a compliment?!"

"Shut up."

<--------------->

July 28th

The whine of engines was muffled now, as the private Dunois Industries executive jet slowed to a crawl into the comapny's hangar at Tokyo International airport. The plane had just completed its third cross-country hop, officially stopping only to rest and refuel. The local airport's security and customs official was not easily bribed, but an amount in excess of seven digits could make most men bend.

It took five million Euros to make a man go on break for thirty minutes, Roland hissed. He hoped that the investment was worth it--it was hard enough shipping in 24 of his most trusted security personnel into the country. Harder still for said security to fly in with their personalized weaponry.

The jet opened up, and from it the faces of tall, hard-bitten men strode outward. Each one carried large duffel bags, a mixed crew of individuals. Some were clean-shaven and garbed in pragmatic polo shirts. Others were less presentable with tattoos and bare meaty shoulders. Still others looked like former soldiers, or like stereotypical hollywood-movie mercenaries.

None of them looked even remotely French.

Two dozen of Dunois Industries' toughest security agents filed in to report to their boss.

"Sir." The largest of them looked as if he was freshly chiseled from stone.

Cousseran nodded, and gestured to his lackeys harshly. They were officially never here, the paperwork he'd filed indicated the security contingent was 'on a training exercise' twenty kilometers closer to the equator. Nowhere near Japan, much less IS Academy.

The squad filed quietly into the hangar and received their passports and orders. Slowly, they broke up into smaller groups, entering the airport separately as tourists, businessmen, and mere passers-by. To the crowds of the airport, they stirred no attention, just another large group of men passing through. In this day and age of women being superior to men, the mixed bag from Dunois were ignored. Some casually, others intentionally.

All in all they flowed through unnoticed in crowds.

Little did they know their every move was watched.

<--------------->

Looking through the Johohonbu's secret feed-in from the airport's security cameras, Haruko sighed.

"--Where did these idiots learn about covert operations, an Arnold Schwarznegger movie?"

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-09-21 at 06:55.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 06:18   Link #1423
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Wavehawk: You sure are good at writing thriller, I'm going to bathroom first...nature calls....SHIT! THAT WAS SCARY!

(Mumble-mumble)

Speaking of which, another part of chapter 8...

Spoiler for Mood whiplash:

In the ed, even Madoka should face Chifuyu first
Old 2011-09-21, 07:42   Link #1424
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@Wavehawk- Ren can't pilot an IS? Is she a badass normal then?
- Read through. This story won't be too long, as it's more action-packed. But there will be hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED
@Wavehawk: You sure are good at writing thriller, I'm going to bathroom first...nature calls....SHIT! THAT WAS SCARY!
- the first novels I read were military/spy thrillers, so yeah I kind of have a tendency to write like that.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:08   Link #1425
Eratas123

@Wavehawk- Even if she can't use an IS she still freaks the f**k out of me more than Laura or Yandere-Rin.
@ZeroXSEED- DAMN YOU UPDATE FAST! I thought you went back to college? how the hell do you have so much time to work on your fics. I Salute you master Zero

Here's a little snippet of Talia L. Curious

Spoiler:

Yandere enough or not? read and decide.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:34   Link #1426
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

"A knife is just a tool to be used and thrown away. Not even worth the respect and value of a sword." The words from the girl's lips seemed to cause the air to freeze. "But more great men were killed by a knife than with a sword."
Old 2011-09-21, 08:43   Link #1427
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
"A knife is just a tool to be used and thrown away. Not even worth the respect and value of a sword." The words from the girl's lips seemed to cause the air to freeze. "But more great men were killed by a knife than with a sword."
I'm assuming that's Ren-Chan Still wondering what's stopping her from get her head blown off by a sneak attack though.
Old 2011-09-21, 11:11   Link #1428
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for minor correction:

Smirking is kind of out of character for her though... It should be more innocent..... Then again, it is from Irish's pov anyway, his mind probably interpret her radiant smile as an evil smirk.

Spoiler for About Talia:
Old 2011-09-21, 14:57   Link #1429
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

(Mumble-mumble)

Speaking of which, another part of chapter 8...

Spoiler for Mood whiplash:

In the ed, even Madoka should face Chifuyu first
I know that Madoka has feelings for her brother, but I find it unlikely that she would be so upfront saying that Ichika belongs to her, I always thought she's the more cunning type, but implying that Ichika belongs to her.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:24   Link #1430
Eratas123

@agetreme- I know a smirk isn't very innocent but I dont plan to have Irish say words like pleasure or ecstasy or any words like that so smirk is the only way I could interpret it.

I did read her profile so I know she doesn't like killing (wastes resources) but I know she likes inflicting colossal amounts of non-lethal pain and Irish has a pretty high pain tolerance so...

BTW are you the one who made the character? You seem to know a lot about her?
Old 2011-09-21, 23:36   Link #1431
agetreme
Just another Idiot

yea.... another two wacky characters too.
Old 2011-09-21, 23:57   Link #1432
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lightbulb

Quote:
@Wavehawk- Even if she can't use an IS she still freaks the f**k out of me more than Laura or Yandere-Rin.
@ZeroXSEED- DAMN YOU UPDATE FAST! I thought you went back to college? how the hell do you have so much time to work on your fics. I Salute you master Zero

Spoiler:

Yandere enough or not? read and decide.
Me? Fast? That's not even QUATERWAY done

I don't have any long term project so far, so I use fanfic writing as excuse to waste 2-3 hour a day.

Poor Irish just can't catch a break.

Quote:
GOD DAMN, THAT'S RIGHT!!

(Paranoid )

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I know that Madoka has feelings for her brother, but I find it unlikely that she would be so upfront saying that Ichika belongs to her, I always thought she's the more cunning type, but implying that Ichika belongs to her.
Because I'm distracted with college project (even though most of them are easy to do, there's many of them) so the characters' consistency is a little off, sorry for that.

Anyway, it's seems like someone liked my fic and made a trope page for it

Infinite Stratos Sacred Twins
Old 2011-09-22, 02:46   Link #1433
Eratas123

@ZeroXSEED-You got a trope page! All hail Emperor Zero. Hopefully this will attract more readers to your funnyass fanfic. The description for The Char x Laura not being yuri was funny as hell. Write on Emperor Zero.

@agetreme- Perfect! may I please have your permission to use Talia in my fanfic?

Side note- Need to stop torturing Irish before he becomes a butt monkey.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-09-22 at 05:25.
Old 2011-09-22, 05:30   Link #1434
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Damn, if TVTropes existed back then, maybe Khrack might be a page...
Old 2011-09-22, 06:40   Link #1435
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Nunuhuahua...I might just finish this part within the week barring bad luck--oh CRA
(SNIK)

Quote:
<Ren> was silent. Blank white screen.

It was so white it was black, in her mind. There was no color.

Like the very first old movies, complete with the hiss and crackle of a projector spinning old film. Not even music, except for the sound of her voice in her own head.

She stared at a distant pair, a dark-haired girl with a ponytail walking to school with a boy her age. Her blood boiled.
"Why is he with you?"

"<Ren>?"

Another sight. The same boy, happily talking to another girl with long light-blonde hair and elegant demeanor.
"I met him first."

"<Ren>?"

The boy again, this time in argument with a girl shorter than he. The silver-grey hair swayed, but not in anger. Rather, the girl was amused.
"I saw him first."

"<Ren>?"

Again, the boy. Silently carrying a smaller, twin-ponytailed girl on his back with the greatest of care.
"He cared about me first."

"<Ren>?"

Finally, a sight of that boy walking away, with the hand of another girl in his. The girl, her warm smile making her golden blonde locks glow. That warmth only made <Ren> feel colder.
"If none of you existed, I would have a chance."

"<Ren>?"

"He should have fallen for me first."

Then she was alone. In a field of long, bladelike grass. The purple-red skies moaned overhead. The silence, the colors, and the field seemed as if she were all alone in world made up of swords.

A bite of pain, like a thousand needles into her right arm. She looked at six lines drawn in blood on her arm's skin. An inescapable reminder of who she was.
"It's just not fair."

"<Ren>? <Ren>?"

July 29th

<Ren> woke up, eyes opening to the sight of her right arm raised. She never even realized that she had been asleep, much less dreaming.

"Are you awake yet?"

"Shut up, Haruko." <Ren> ran a palm through her scalp, slowly shaking sleep from her eyes. The dream was not new. Garbled, but not new. The memories of a past, re-filmed for her now older-mind to process.

For a long while <Ren> observed the tattoo on her arm, marking the lineage of her family. A red mark, Six lines. Three straight and three broken. The Pakua symbol for both 'water' and 'fire', representing the 63rd hexagram of the I Ching. An unwritten word that meant two opposite yet identical ideals working in perfect harmony.

The mark of her family.

"I swear, you looked dead. You don't move at all when you sleep." There was a look of restrained mockery on Haruko's face. "Don't you ever dream?"

"Shut up."

<Ren> rose to a sitting position. One of the many reasons she wore a jacket was to hide that symbol. It was not something that meant anything to ordinary people, but still was a mark <Ren> did not wish to advertise.

"Cousseran looks like he's about to make his move." Kokuto turned the computer monitor so that <Ren> could see. Onscreen a couple of video feeds were seen. Inside a warehouse of sorts, an old machine factory now populated with terrible, threatening men with weapons. "He's actually going to try and take Charlotte Dunois from IS Academy by force."

"As expected of a complete idiot and his stooges."

Can you not sound so confident? They have GUNS! Haruko involuntarily started knocking her head in vexation. "I'll call Johohonbu HQ to action this."

"They won't make it in time. Too much bureaucracy."

"Look, conventional weaponry can't even deal with a first-generation IS unless it's an all-out war of attrition. Fighting mercenaries is not our job." Haruko obliged her partner. "Our job is covert counter-intelligence and protecting Orimura. Leave the slugfests to the actual fighters."

"Remember what I said about Orimura being an idiot?" <Ren> began, and did not stop to let it sink in. "With or without his IS, he'll try to interfere. And even if successful, it's going to be a mess dealing with two dozen armed and trained security personnel. There's more students in that school without access to an IS exoskeleton than with."

Haruko did not like where this was heading. "True, but---"

"And if one of Dunois armed security even sets foot inside the Academy itself, it'll be a public relations nightmare for Japan as well, right? We'll be criticized for not ensuring the safety of students in the academy--foreign national representatives at that. I don't think even the Prime Minister would appreciate that."

The analyst stopped dead silent.

"All we need to do is stop them from seting foot in IS Academy," <Ren> stood up, picking her jacket off the floor. There was a tinkling of metal heard as she put it on. "It's something I can do easily."

"Don't be so arrogant." A genuine look of worry spread across Haruko's face. "You've never had to fight that many armed men before."

"You mean you haven't seen me fight that many armed men before."

Times like this, I don't know if you're just that confident or utterly insane. Yes, I'll go with insane. Haruko rolled her eyes. "Next you'll be telling me that you're a one-woman army."

"A man with a knife can beat an army with guns given the right environment and situation." Jacket on, <Ren> then wore her trademark baseball cap. "The situation and place are ideal."

"Hold on. You're not going to just walk in on that factory shed IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and confront them?!"

"No. I'll wait 'til night falls."

"Eh." Kokuto debated reasoning with <Ren>. Not like the younger girl ever listened.

"Go ahead." <Ren> almost seemed to goad her. "Tell me it's suicidal."

"--It's suicidal."

"Shut up."

WHY DO YOU EVEN ASK ME THAT, THEN?!? The stress was just about to kill Haruko on the spot. If you go get killed, I swear it's not my fault. I'll send that declaration in writing to HQ.

"Tell me what the opposition's like."

"What's to tell?!" Kokuto swore her hair was turning grey every time she spoke to <Ren>. "Cousseran's security forces are all hired from different sources. Some are mercenaries, some ex-soldiers, even some ex-convicts. All of them proficient with firearms and---"

"Easy pickings."

Are you some overpowered videogame hacked character?!

"Stop that. That exasperated face makes you look even more stupid." <Ren> checked the weight of her jacket. A gentle twist of her wrist allowed the edge of a long japanese blade to slide out. "If they were actually capable soldiers, they would be generals by now. Not mercenaries."

I don't know where your logic comes from, but I don't think that's quite right. "You're absolutely certain you can handle this?"

Another twist, and the blade hid itself once more. "Easily."

<Ren> turned, about to walk out.

"<Ren>? Before you go."

She turned to see Haruko toss a tied object, one she caught easily in her hand.

"Compliments of the Johohonbu."

<Ren> frowned, looking at the tiny earpiece and mic. The mic was designed like a ribbon, making it appear like a fashion accessory rather than a device. "And what this is?"

"I made a request for an auto-translator. It's basically a miniaturized version of the type used on the IS. This way your speech is immediately translated to anyone with an IS or wearing a similar translator."

"And why would I need that?" <Ren> suddenly fixed her gaze on Kokuto, making the latter cringe. "Ah, I get it. You were too scared to try speaking to Cousseran again."

You bet I don't want to have a target painted on my head while you sneak around causing havoc! Haruko was livid, trembling with equal amounts dread and rage. "Do what you want!"

"I will. Thanks for the gift."

<Ren> put the earpiece in one ear. She then bound the ribbonlike microphone around her throat, marvelling at how light it was. As the door closed, Haruko swore that <Ren> was giggling. A terrible, bone-chilling little laugh.
Old 2011-09-22, 06:54   Link #1436
Eratas123

1.Looks like Ren's just a lil bit Yandere for our oblivious hero. I pray for your continued safety Ichika.
2.She's seriously gonna fight 24 armed men with a knife? If she's like Altair from Assassins Creed then it's completely possible, She better not try to go Munchiking on the troops though.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:22   Link #1437
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I should do a sketch of <Ren> one of these days, just to exercise my unused drawign skills (unused for ten-plus years, so I will absolutely suck)...
Old 2011-09-22, 07:33   Link #1438
Eratas123

Quote:
I should do a sketch of <Ren> one of these days, just to exercise my unused drawign skills (unused for ten-plus years, so I will absolutely suck)...
How old is Ren anyway and what does she look like? Can you please give a basic physical description.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:34   Link #1439
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

....read the first part of the story, a couple pages ago...
Quote:
A slender young girl with a baseball cap, jacket and pants approached
her. At first glance, most wouldn't pick her as any more extraordinary
than any other fifteen-year old girl. Her face was softly shaped, the
youthful cheeks a direct contrast to the cold crease of her lips. Gloved
hands toyed with a little throwing knife that she just as quickly hid
with a flick of her wrist.

"Dammit, <Ren>!" Haruko gave her exasperated answer. "Next time, do this
yourself! I can't take it!"

"I can't speak French. Also," <Ren> lifted the cap from her head and
fanned herself with it. Black hair fell to her shoulders, framing a
pretty face and a cool smile. "How many people ever take an innocent
young girl seriously?"
In essence, as Chifuyu/Houki are representative of '侍', <Ren> is therefore '忍者'---specifically of 嵐影, hence the tattoo on her arm.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:44   Link #1440
Eratas123

We sure are getting an influx of child soldiers lately: First "Heart of the Machine", "Project Silverback", my fic, and now yours. It seems to be becoming a bit of a trend now, at least they aren't male IS pilots.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest