AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 23:50   Link #41
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
are the Red Slime still sentient or are they acting on instinct?
They have some sentience. When you fight them, they say stuff like: Stop it, don't leave me, it hurts, Mama.

As for the red slime in the beginning of the story
Spoiler:

Last edited by LROlsson; 2015-10-11 at 01:38.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 22:44   Link #42
deathcoy

Oh man, i'm a fan of Utawarerumono, played the game a couple of playthroughs but i really dunno if i want to watch the anime sequel or play the game(I dont have console so this is out of the question anyways, is any licensed english translation planned?).

I kinda feel where Utawarerumono ended was best left as is. What you guys think? Should i watch the sequel?
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 07:05   Link #43
Hiro Hayase

So Kuon left home without saying anything.... that explains how Karura and Touka are "coincidentally" close by at inns and so on in the journey. Either that or the cast from the first series are out looking for Hakuoro.

You could watch it if you want when it reaches 25 episodes. There's a high chance for a season 3 for the anime as well.
Old 2015-10-12, 07:27   Link #44
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
So Kuon left home without saying anything.... that explains how Karura and Touka are "coincidentally" close by at inns and so on in the journey. Either that or the cast from the first series are out looking for Hakuoro.
I don't think that Karura and Touka is there because of Kuon, their official reason was that since there was no real baths in Yamato, they created a inn with one. And the reason why Kuon stays in that Inn is because of the bath there.
Truthfully, I believe the real reason Karura and Touka is there is to spy on Yamato, especially since Benawi learnt of
Spoiler:
faster than the Yamato army in Tuskuru did.
Old 2015-10-12, 10:34   Link #45
Hmm....

I will ask it here. (Haven't read the whole thread to not being spoiled)

If this new game worth playing ? Is it better, worse or about the same as first game ? relatively speaking.

I did play original game after I watched original anime. And I found that the game suck. Gameplay-wise, it's very basic and gave me no challenge whatsoever. Story-wise, to be fair, I played Japanese version. So I can't read one bit of it. I depended on anime knowledge and visual cue to understand what's going on. So I wouldn't catch bits and pieces the anime missed.

I may be to blame for expecting proper gameplay from H-game back then. However, is it different this time around ??
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 10:42   Link #46
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I will ask it here. (Haven't read the whole thread to not being spoiled)

If this new game worth playing ? Is it better, worse or about the same as first game ? relatively speaking.

I did play original game after I watched original anime. And I found that the game suck. Gameplay-wise, it's very basic and gave me no challenge whatsoever. Story-wise, to be fair, I played Japanese version. So I can't read one bit of it. I depended on anime knowledge and visual cue to understand what's going on. So I wouldn't catch bits and pieces the anime missed.

I may be to blame for expecting proper gameplay from H-game back then. However, is it different this time around ??
Don't expect anything deep from the gameplay side, it's not the focus.

I liked the gameplay, but it's as basic as it can get, and there are only 17 stages so there aren't a lot.

Like the first game, it's story first gameplay second.
There are however difficulty settings, but I don't like hard games so I didn't test the hard one.
The only battle I had problem with was the final boss.
But at the same time I missed the existence of Bonus Points so my units could've been a lot stronger than they were.
And as for the plot, it felt like utawarerumono to me, but the story is slow.
And when it's start to get faster it ends with what feels like a "to be continued" ending for Utaware 3.
Old 2015-10-13, 06:10   Link #47
Hmm....

Ah, Ok. Thank for information. I guess I might just stick with anime first then.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 08:40   Link #48
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Don't expect anything deep from the gameplay side, it's not the focus.

I liked the gameplay, but it's as basic as it can get, and there are only 17 stages so there aren't a lot.

Like the first game, it's story first gameplay second.
There are however difficulty settings, but I don't like hard games so I didn't test the hard one.
The only battle I had problem with was the final boss.
But at the same time I missed the existence of Bonus Points so my units could've been a lot stronger than they were.
And as for the plot, it felt like utawarerumono to me, but the story is slow.
And when it's start to get faster it ends with what feels like a "to be continued" ending for Utaware 3.
There are BP in this game but you can only arrange them at the menu before or after battle. Extra BP can be gained by recalling past battles.

As for the plot, I think it has pretty much completed what it was intented to write about under the title, such that I think perhaps Haku will not be the protagonst in the next game. But there are many small turns in the plot that are easily go unnoticed before war begins. Perhaps it's lacking some big events but I think there is a limitation to the length of the story that limited the number of events allowed in the plot.

If you remember the anime of the first game, pacing near the end was very rushed and a lot of plot points were cut away. It seems this second game is designed with anime in mind so I think this is a major reason for the length and the way it is designed.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 09:12   Link #49
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
There are BP in this game but you can only arrange them at the menu before or after battle. Extra BP can be gained by recalling past battles.

As for the plot, I think it has pretty much completed what it was intented to write about under the title, such that I think perhaps Haku will not be the protagonst in the next game. But there are many small turns in the plot that are easily go unnoticed before war begins. Perhaps it's lacking some big events but I think there is a limitation to the length of the story that limited the number of events allowed in the plot.

If you remember the anime of the first game, pacing near the end was very rushed and a lot of plot points were cut away. It seems this second game is designed with anime in mind so I think this is a major reason for the length and the way it is designed.
Yeah, I know that. It was only that I found out about the BP after finishing the game. That what I get for not reading the menus more carefully.
The after battle was added in a patch later after I finished the game.

Spoiler:

I don't feel like the story is incomplete. It did fully show everything that had to do with the subtitle, however it clearly to me feels like it's a two prater.
I don't know if it was always planned to be one, or they decided to split it and extend the first part with more daily life parts.

I like Itsuwari, and I'm not disappointed with it at all.
It's only going to be a long wait for Utaware 3, but at least it's been said that it won't take 2 years at least.
Old 2015-10-14, 05:24   Link #50
Alf

Quote:
Spoiler:

I don't feel like the story is incomplete. It did fully show everything that had to do with the subtitle, however it clearly to me feels like it's a two prater.
I don't know if it was always planned to be one, or they decided to split it and extend the first part with more daily life parts.

I like Itsuwari, and I'm not disappointed with it at all.
It's only going to be a long wait for Utaware 3, but at least it's been said that it won't take 2 years at least.
Spoiler for major spoiler:

But if it is just one game splited into 2 parts then the theme of the story would be questionable. This 2nd is having a theme that is quite symetric to the first game, but I don't think the same theme is going to continue in the 3rd game. So I think it isn't really split at concept stage, but perhaps it is designed to be splited at planning stage of the later 2 games. Afterall, you can actually take the view that this 2nd game is a setup of the final stage, and that would be likely to save some overall scenario length.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 07:02   Link #51
CatRules
Shipper

I just pray for Kuuya's return
Old 2015-10-14, 07:59   Link #52
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Spoiler for major spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I just pray for Kuuya's return
I wouldn't expect her to return. Her Voice Actor doesn't seem to be active anymore. Let's only pray that Kuuya lives a long and peaceful life.

Edit: Itsuwari have sold/shipped 120 000 copies

Last edited by LROlsson; 2015-10-14 at 08:46.
Old 2015-10-14, 09:19   Link #53
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
I wouldn't expect her to return. Her Voice Actor doesn't seem to be active anymore. Let's only pray that Kuuya lives a long and peaceful life.
On the other hand, Sakuya's.......

though it broke my(shipper) heart, it might be better if they stay the same after all..

What happened to them leave a bad taste in my mouth. I just hope nothing ever happen to ruin their lives again....
Old 2015-10-14, 17:06   Link #54
Krunk

A few questions about the story:

Itsuwari is supposed to take place 15-20 years after the original right? If the emperor lived so long, why didn't he attack Tuskuru while it was still individual countries? Yamato is supposed to be a huge empire, so what took him so long?

Also, how did Haku's brother manage to create such a huge empire to begin with? I can't imagine him being a fantastic strategist, considering that he focused on science more than anything.
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 17:58   Link #55
sawkooyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
On the other hand, Sakuya's.......

though it broke my(shipper) heart, it might be better if they stay the same after all..

What happened to them leave a bad taste in my mouth. I just hope nothing ever happen to ruin their lives again....
Bless this post. I kept thinking the same thing throughout the wait for this game and the fact that nothing else has been said really irks me like nothing else. I mean, just the fact they swept something like that completely under the rug is wrong. And what's worse is that they haven't said anything about their whereabouts.

Unfortunately, I've come to fear the worst in this thought process, especially considering Aquaplus' track record.
sawkooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 23:41   Link #56
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
A few questions about the story:

Itsuwari is supposed to take place 15-20 years after the original right? If the emperor lived so long, why didn't he attack Tuskuru while it was still individual countries? Yamato is supposed to be a huge empire, so what took him so long?

Also, how did Haku's brother manage to create such a huge empire to begin with? I can't imagine him being a fantastic strategist, considering that he focused on science more than anything.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-10-17, 13:51   Link #57
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

any talk of this being release in the US?

Quote:

Spoiler for MAJOR SPOILER FOR THE ENDING:
They could just do a naruto and throw in a conveinent flashback to make everything make sense...i swear that Pain turnaround made so much more sense in the anime...
Old 2015-10-18, 11:15   Link #58
ozer22

I just saw a spoiler on youtube and have some questions.
Spoiler:
ozer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 11:19   Link #59
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozer22 View Post
I just saw a spoiler on youtube and have some questions.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-10-18, 12:53   Link #60
tsunade666

^They are leeching on Hakuoro?

Tags
harem done right, lazy_mc, visualnovel