AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: Is AMG harem anime?
Yes 64 22.61%
No 219 77.39%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-29, 14:14   Link #101
Scithe
Otaku Extraordinaire

I thought I had read a while ago that the writer of the manga has stated that Keiichi and Belldandy will never actually hook up. Something along the lines of no progress and never a conclusion.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:28   Link #102
Cryonosis
~Desu

Well, considering that the entire premise of the show is the awkwardness of Keichi towards Belldandy, it would be a major blow to the series to have them become "serious". However, there is still never any doubt in either the audience or the other characters as to them being a "couple" and that neither Keichi or Belldandy have any interest in any other character.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:28   Link #103
The Master
*Author

I dont think its a harem anime as none of the other female characters maintain an interest in Keichi except belldandy. It is true that several characters do at points develop an interest in Keichi but they are fleeting and it rarely reaches the same level of absurdity that harem anime reaches (Ranma, Love Hina, etc), despite the situation it stays very realistic.
Old 2010-01-04, 02:13   Link #104
Forsaken_Infinity

Depends on your definition of harem. If its just having lots of girls around a guy, it is a harem.

To me though, its not a harem because Keichi doesn't show interest in anyone other than Belldandy and vice-versa. And the rest of the cast acknowledges their unshakable love as well.
Old 2010-01-18, 17:57   Link #105
Banjou Haran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity;
To me though, its not a harem because Keichi doesn't show interest in anyone other than Belldandy and vice-versa. And the rest of the cast acknowledges their unshakable love as well.
I agree!

Since it is a romantic fantasy it does have it's moments. Certain humorous and sensual scenes involving Keiichi and certain characters like Urd, Peorth and Sayoko.

Even Skuld in one particular episode.

But, it truly is about Belldandy's and Keiichi's relationship. So, imo it's not a harem anime.
Old 2010-01-18, 19:01   Link #106
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Yeah, and disregard the fact that almost every girl hits on him?
Old 2010-01-23, 15:22   Link #107
Kirkie
Sig animator

Send a message via MSN to Kirkie
I think yes as harems are a group of girls who like 1 guy there dosnt have to be romantic interest.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:10   Link #108
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scithe View Post
I thought I had read a while ago that the writer of the manga has stated that Keiichi and Belldandy will never actually hook up. Something along the lines of no progress and never a conclusion.
... Kosuke Fujishima, you fail at life. And character development. But mostly life.
Old 2010-01-30, 19:03   Link #109
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Isn't that the case with practically all harems besides Love Hina? Thus it IS a harem.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:18   Link #110
master_buten

it depends on how one look at it, at one point of view it can be a harem anime for Keiichi is surrounded by girls who often times hit on him or it could be the other way around for Keiichi is in love with belldandy (i'm confused now >_<) love hina is definitely a harem though
Old 2010-09-21, 18:18   Link #111
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

On some occasions, it skates close to being one (especially when Urd's potions are driving much of the plot), but otherwise, the general tone of the story means that it lacks the same feel as harem anime.
Old 2010-11-17, 12:16   Link #112
Shallot321

Totally >>
Old 2010-11-17, 21:28   Link #113
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I think yes because of the girls

Beldandy is inlove with Keiichi.
Urd likes Keiich because his kind and cute.
Skuld likes Keiich later on, especially in the OVA.
Sayoko likes Keiichi later on, she lately realize it.
Chihiro likes Keiichi's abilities as a mechanic.

..the other girl's l don't know
Old 2010-12-06, 20:41   Link #114
otakudude303

AMG a harem? Not really. Keiichi's only interested in one girl, Belldandy. Sure, some of the other girls might have a thing for him, but he never seriously entertains the notion of leaving Bell. Though some might say that's just the System Force at work, and if that ceased to be, then AMG might turn harem, but Fujishima won't let that happen, which is why AMG is not a harem anime.
Old 2010-12-13, 11:09   Link #115
FlyingFringe

Thumbs up The style is harem

It's being done in the style of a harem, but the romantic story line isn't. K1 is surrounded by women, and various harem-style situations appear. The two sisters do have an interest in K1's romantic life, but the twist against a romantic harem is that the two sisters want the K1-Belldandy relationship to be a "good" relationship. K1-B are the underlying guide to the series, but there are harem style decorations around them.
Old 2011-03-21, 17:06   Link #116
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scithe View Post
As far as I'm concerned... they hooked up right at the very beginning - with a lifetime contract (well, Keiichi's life). There had been some occasions where the two kissed.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:28   Link #117
shaselai

they will never go beyond first base... but i dont think the fans care about it since it has enough popularity to be this long just on story instead of fanservice, But one has to wonder if Keiichi is a man or not not making any advances??
Old 2011-05-02, 12:47   Link #118
FlyingFringe

Relationships of many kinds exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
they will never go beyond first base... but i dont think the fans care about it since it has enough popularity to be this long just on story instead of fanservice, But one has to wonder if Keiichi is a man or not not making any advances??
There are real life relationships like this. I've known of some which eventually did result in marriage and children. Sometimes it takes a man to have a relationship like this.
Old 2011-05-03, 08:28   Link #119
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nah, it's not a harem. Keiichi is clearly interested in only Belldandy and vice versa. Other girls have been shown to like him, but not to the point that it affects the plot much, so no harem.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-08-23, 15:57   Link #120
YuriEcchiGirl

I'd say that it is a harem anime to a certain extent, yes