AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 19:23   Link #121
Alchemist007
*Author

Well he is really just a noob at bankai. Only reason he wins is cause of its overwhelming power - something he doesn't have now.
What he needs to do is have a chat with old man Zangetsu
"hook a brotha up with some new techniques?"
"hook yourself up." (likely response)
Old 2009-01-23, 20:27   Link #122
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I'll post the latest pic 1st since I'm too lazy to PS it and I'm supposed to be cleaning the house.
<Image Removed>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post

Oh wait, that's from when Nnoitra was abusing Nel. My bad.

Sorry Marsala, i gotta disagree. Ichigo looks more crazy and intense in the former picture.(which is the latest release pic)

He really looks like a man ready and willing to kill. Just my opinion.

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-01-24 at 11:46. Reason: Please don't post full translated pages
Old 2009-01-23, 20:38   Link #123
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
People have to learn to seperate Ichigo's intense pedo-bear tendencies from his normal, adolescent love interests. I mean that's just unfair because no girl can compete with a green loli.

In all seriousness, we need a ruler to measure who he loves more quantitatively. Forget that the context is completely different.
Old 2009-01-23, 20:51   Link #124
Langus
Optimus Prime

A ruler of which facial expression looks more "intense" is ridiculous (IMO). You people are grasping at straws to support your ship. I do with Nel in jest but some of you are actually serious about this *head shake*
Old 2009-01-23, 21:00   Link #125
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Rulers are never ridiculous Langus, the ruler has no bias.
Old 2009-01-23, 21:32   Link #126
Langus
Optimus Prime

Just the people using it...

And honestly Ichigo only has 3 facial expressions: scowling, smiling and RAGE. You guys aren't working with much (though in the case of Bleach shippers don't have much to work with to begin with...)
Old 2009-01-23, 21:45   Link #127
Scarlett_Rain55

What baffles me is people thinking Ulquiorra is protecting Orihime, and Ichigo is suddenly the bad guy? Now that is grasping for straws! And Ishida better not come in the next chapter. It hust wouldn't make any sense to me. Maybe Chad will work, but Ishida? No. He'd call Orihime a burden again and tell her to get out. While Ichigo actually enjoys her company in battle.
Old 2009-01-23, 21:52   Link #128
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Ulquiorra: Strange...what is this weird feeling I'm getting down in my pants while her clothing is being ripped off?
I gotta admit... I lol'd.
Old 2009-01-23, 22:12   Link #129
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
People have to learn to seperate Ichigo's intense pedo-bear tendencies from his normal, adolescent love interests. I mean that's just unfair because no girl can compete with a green loli.

In all seriousness, we need a ruler to measure who he loves more quantitatively. Forget that the context is completely different.
I think it flew right past Langus that you were joking.
Still, it made for a funny conversation, with some good points being made all round...somehow.
Old 2009-01-23, 22:18   Link #130
Langus
Optimus Prime

Oh Hiraishin... *head noogie*

I wasn't talking about Kakashi specifically. I know his sarcastic wit when I see it

You have to admit though, some of the other shippers on this forum DO take that facial expression stuff seriously. Intense (and sad).
Old 2009-01-23, 22:24   Link #131
Blerghovic
Meh

Oh, well you two are way ahead of me. I nearly got confused. I agree some shippers grapple over it when Kubo probably forgets half the facial expressions he draws as he goes along. Hence we get recycled RAGE.
Old 2009-01-23, 22:41   Link #132
Fran~
floating away...

i have this feeling long ago... when the anime reach this point, in 4 episodes would resume like 20 chapters of Manga...

About the shipping, im tired of it. And Kubo doesnt like Ichigo at all... what a donwfall for Ichigo... "Getsuga Tensho" is with "Kurosaki kun" the most hated words to the fandom
Old 2009-01-23, 22:45   Link #133
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I'll post the latest pic 1st since I'm too lazy to PS it and I'm supposed to be cleaning the house.

Sorry Marsala, i gotta disagree. Ichigo looks more crazy and intense in the former picture.(which is the latest release pic)

He really looks like a man ready and willing to kill. Just my opinion.
Why, because his eyes are a bit wider? The similarities between the two pictures are much greater than the differences. It's not like Kubo decided that, "I'll draw Ichigo looking just a BIT more intense to show that Orihime is his true love compared to his big-brother attachment to Nel."

Anyway, the most interesting thing about page 17 is the top panel. Look at Ulquiorra! Look at where he's looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
While Ichigo actually enjoys her company in battle.
"Thank you for protecting me, Inoue, but it's dangerous so stay back."
Old 2009-01-23, 22:57   Link #134
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think I might be the only Bleach fan at this point who doesn't mind that Ichigo hasn't developed a new attack or had an obvious power up. It makes him more human. He can't always be the strongest fighter. If he was it'd be a lot harder to identify with him.
Old 2009-01-23, 23:16   Link #135
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I think I might be the only Bleach fan at this point who doesn't mind that Ichigo hasn't developed a new attack or had an obvious power up. It makes him more human. He can't always be the strongest fighter. If he was it'd be a lot harder to identify with him.
This is true. The difference between this and other shounen mangas is that in this manga, there are still so many characters who are much more powerful than Ichigo.

You can take mangas such as DBZ and Naruto where 340+ chapters in, the main character is one of the strongest characters but in Bleach, the difference between Ichigo and the strongest characters (Yama-ji, Shunsei, Aizen) is very large.

It's good that the main protaganist isn't suddenly catapulted to the top and stays fighting characters in his range. You have to keep in mind, Ichigo has only been a shinigami for a short time while people doing this for years are still very many levels above him.
Old 2009-01-24, 00:22   Link #136
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

At last Yami finally returns to attack Orihime; so, Ichigo would bring forth his hollow to fight with Ulquiorra. So, Ulquiorra would pawn his ass with his release. Ichigo looking intense and willingnes to kill. Really, I'ld like to know what is Aizen actually plans for Orihime.

My speculation
Ichigo really haven't had time to learn more about his bankai, learn any new techniques with Zangetsu more. It feels like Ichigo been going non-stop ever since he departed for Soul Society.
Old 2009-01-24, 03:08   Link #137
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

It's really amazing how all the "good" guys are not helping in that battle. I mean no one got his hand full except for Rukia and yet they are doing nothing to help Ichigo.
Old 2009-01-24, 03:21   Link #138
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You are not serious.....let's have our analogy.

Ichigo is to Getsuga Tenshou as Naruto is to Rasengan.

Spoiler for Naruto:

Last edited by Hellychan; 2009-01-24 at 04:01. Reason: Please think of those who are not up to date with Naruto!
Old 2009-01-24, 03:42   Link #139
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Pure power and strength isn't everything...Yeah, Ichigo is going up against Ulquiorra Schiffer, the #4 Espada, and yeah, Ulquiorra is pretty damn strong and refined...But Ulquiorra also likes psychological banter and has a closet hard-on for rape time...

How does our beloved protagonist go up against that?

The answer is he can't; Enter plot h4x
Old 2009-01-24, 07:57   Link #140
Ryuk

I hope Ichigo will do the getsuga release in a bladelock just like Hichigo did against him. Then maybe something new, he's been doing the same moves now for a frigging long time.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga