AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 14:29   Link #4961
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Right then. All these coincidences aside...

I originally needed help finding a proper 300x450 picture for the new SS I'm doing. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

EDIT:
Spoiler for SS Pics:
I'll try to find something on Pixiv.

For the new SS, how about eventually bringing up the trolling in the To Aru Summer Character Poll? I feel like there's a lot of humor to be found there.
Old 2013-09-15, 14:42   Link #4962
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Also a new Super SS fic? For the endymion movie? Am I in heaven?
Are you implying that I died? I know I haven't been doing that much these days, but jeez. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzushinaYuriko View Post
I'll try to find something on Pixiv.
For now, I've settled on this one:

But I could have sworn that there was a color version Arisa done by the same artist.

Quote:
For the new SS, how about eventually bringing up the trolling in the To Aru Summer Character Poll? I feel like there's a lot of humor to be found there.
That wasn't trolling. People just finally came to their senses.
Old 2013-09-15, 14:52   Link #4963
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Huh, that actually didn't have that much crack in it. It just seems like a good idea. I don't know if I should be happy or sad
That illusion, I will kill it.

And damn, I've even attracted Yuriko in here. Guess this a sign that I have to write in some yaoi fanservice. Ha ha, who am I kidding? IT'S ALREADY PLANNED.

Though I'm always open to suggestions for cracky situations. I've given myself an in-story license to just about justify anything and everything, with the world subject to grave distortions and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Are you implying that I died? I know I haven't been doing that much these days, but jeez. :P
I mourned. Glad to see you back. Now get ready to proofread 30,000 words of raving insanity by the end of the week, slave.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:59   Link #4964
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There's not a lot of Endymion fanart...

The best ones I could find are these:

Images
Shutaura
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Index and Arisa

Images
Stiyl and co.

Quote:
And damn, I've even attracted Yuriko in here. Guess this a sign that I have to write in some yaoi fanservice. Ha ha, who am I kidding? IT'S ALREADY PLANNED.
I've always been here, it's just that I became a lurker on these forums sometime last year.

Glad to see people still remember me.
Old 2013-09-15, 15:06   Link #4965
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Images
Index and Arisa
This one is clearly a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I mourned. Glad to see you back. Now get ready to proofread 30,000 words of raving insanity by the end of the week, slave.
It seems like you've forgotten the order of the food chain Mr. Kyon. I wonder if I should correct that behavior.

Old 2013-09-15, 15:54   Link #4966
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

-Whistles-

*Third Arm pummels Rubix to the ground.*

You seem not to understand your position meatbag.

Options:

-Fight.
-Item.
-Run.
-Win.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2013-09-15, 16:01   Link #4967
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Wa...What is this madness?
First Kyon came back, now Rubix have been raised from the dead?
What is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss!? What's next, Flere will update MMM and Unlucky Sar will be updated with 3 fresh chapters!?! Has the world been distorted too faaaaaaaaaarr!?
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:36   Link #4968
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Final version... Saint and sinner

----------

No matter how one looked at it, there was no way for this to end well. Looking around, Touma surmised that no hero was going to come in and stop two hot- VOLATILE woman from going at each oth- KILLING each other. So in the end he had to get in between them and make them beha- GET ALONG.

Ugh...

Touma held his head in his hand. Those two women will be the death of him, either by beating or cardiac arrest he would never know.

Pa! Pa!

The sound of crisp claps pierced through the musty vintage air.

"Alright you two. Break it up!"

The two dangerous women in the middle of the shop turned to the person who dared disturb their showdown. But it wasn't Kamijou.

"Come on now we haven't got all day!", the dainty voice of a young woman resonated with an odd authoritative squeak.

Touma and the jeans shop owner had just notice the new arrival. Either her entrance was that of a professional assassin or her presence was just that weak as none had heard the bell ring. The males preferred to imagine that the two women standing almost bust to bust was holding their attention too much to care for anything else. That is not to say the rather lacking bust of the newcomer was the reason they didn't notice her, definitely not.

"Miss tour guide!", Kamijou exclaimed in surprise.

"Oh God.", the jeans shop owner curled up into a stressed heap.

A pout swelled up in the mousy woman's cheeks, emphasizing the youthful girlishness in her features. "Just what do you mean by that?", she cried indignantly.

The jeans shop owner remained slumped over for a few minutes before groaning out in defeat, " You have a job right?"

Miss tour guide harumphed indignantly, "Why yes we do have a job for which we have to leave for immediately. Necessarius has called for the saint Kanzaki Kaori and sinner Orianna Thompson to collect a newly found saint in Germany. It seems the saint's powers are still unstable from the observations made by headquarters. The upper echelons are afraid that this saint may be taken advantage of by other magic cabals. The team of Kanzaki and Thompson has been decided on basis that the former is a saint and stands a chance to empathize while the latter has experience in tracking."

Hearing those words, jeans owner shot up. His face nearly split from the grin stretching ear to ear. "Does that mean what I think it means?", the man looked like he was about to cry tears of joy.

Touma himself still confused concluded only one thing. He turned to his companion, "So does this mean you can't come home for dinner?".

The saint looked away, "Sorry. I promise we'll have a homecooked meal when we get back."

"Then all I can say is good luck and be careful."

"Dwah!"

Kamijou stumbled back when he noticed the face of the blonde bombshell, Orianna Thompson's face was a bit too close to his own. She was staring at him in an annoyed accusing manner which made him feel uneasy. "Wh-What!?", he asked as an unknown pressure pressed down on him.

"It's just...", Orianna began, "What was with that mood!?". The grown woman demanded with a pout and fists akimbo. The way she acted was so childish contrating with the way she dressed and looked was so adult, Kamijou felt a blush go on his face as he wondered wether this was the gap moe that was all the rage back in japan.

"Anyway boy.", the sinner pointed at the normal high school boy. "You seem to be misunderstanding something. When we said we, we meant us and by us, we mean everyone."

"Um... What?"

The elder woman just sighed, "It means you're coming with us!"

"Oh... Wait... WHAAAAAAAT!?"

"Orianna, that's not part of the mission terms!"

"Is that so saint?", the sly woman turned to miss tour guide who quickly understood what was being asked of her.

"Other than miss Kanzaki, miss Thompson and myself, additional staff may be recruited as seen fit by each member of the initial members.", she recited like she had memorized it by heart.

"So long as they are members of necessarius, active or former.", Kanzaki added with a cluck of her tongue.

"Or if they are listed as Necessarius' civilian collaborators.",Orianna finished the statement. "Boy here may not be a Necessarius member seeing as he failed the exam, but I remember he volunteered to be a collaborator for a certain someone's sake isn't that right?".

"I-it wasn't a-a-nything like that! Stop making stuff up!"

Kanzaki was sputtering intelligible words while Thompson was soaking up her victory, playing with a curled lock of hair with her fingers. "So it isn't anything special right? There's no problem if I ask him to protect me then right? Just like how you're recruiting that old man to be your tracker."

"WHAT!?

The shouts of both males in the dinky shop echoed each other's shock. Both though were for very different reasons. Kamijou supposed there wasn't anything that he was losing in this. He agreed to work as a collaborator so that his abilities could be of use to people who needed them. Even if it was small, he wanted to be of help if he could. Ofcourse he wanted to protect Kanzaki, but that wasn't the sole reason for signing up. To protect people was why he joined, but to be suddenly drafted out lke this...

"I'm still against this. Touma is just a normal highschool boy. The difference between we who passed the necessarius entrance test and he who didn't show how big the gap is!"

"So you've no faith in his abilities just as you don't believe in mine?", came the sinner's challenge to the saint.

Kanzaki raked one hand through her raven locks in frustration, "This and that are different! I don't trust you, but I just don't want Touma to get hurt!"

Orianna sneered, "Well I trust you to leave me high and dry when the situation gets rather messy. I want someone I can trust not to do that to me."

"You..."

The proper words to signify how aggravating Orianna was to the saint continued to remain elusive, lest she resort to rather crude name calling.

"Ugh! Why are you so willing to involve people in things they have no business in!?"

"Becau-"

"I'll do it."

That simple declaration halted the argument. The eyes of both women went to the subject of their debate. Touma stood there awkwardly, unsure of how to feel as he rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness. "I said I'll do it.", were his repeated words.

"Touma-"

"He said he'd do it saint."

"Quiet you!", Kanzaki hissed to her supposed partner. Speaking to Touma, she said, "There's no reason for you to go. Your strength isn't needed there."

The young man could only sigh, "Yeah, I know.". He out his hands in his pockets. "But it'd be lame of me to just let you girls do all the work. Besides", he jerked his head towards Orianna, "She already asked for my help.".

Kanzaki groaned at that response. That was just like Kamijou. He didn't need a reason. If somebody asked him for help, then he would help them. She had this argument with him before many times. And every time he brought out that argument, he would end up in London Central Hospital wether she dissuaded him or physically bind or disable him. He always found a way into the fray and eventually onto a stretcher. "Fine.", she surrendered. "But no heroics.", with conditions.

"Hai Hai.", Kamijou responded flatly. "Well owner. Seems like we're-"

Words could not describe what Touma was seeing before him. It seemed miss tour guide had spotted him before hand because she was particularly petrified. Kanzaki and Orianna were oddly calm though the flat look in their eyes and mouths agape showed signs of their souls struggling to get free. It was probably a mixture of being the last to see and ImagineBreaker that kept him safe from the image.

The image of the jeans shop owner frozen mid jig on top of his wooden and glass sales counter with his caboose bulging in a particularly disturbingly wide and flexible swing while his face was agape in utter horror to the point his palor became utterly white.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-09-15 at 17:07.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:49   Link #4969
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Wa...What is this madness?
First Kyon came back, now Rubix have been raised from the dead?
What is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss!? What's next, Flere will update MMM and Unlucky Sar will be updated with 3 fresh chapters!?! Has the world been distorted too faaaaaaaaaarr!?
Imagine Breaker will crush any miracle short of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya having the rest of its light novels adapted into anime. ^^

On that topic, does anyone know if there is a crossover of any kind between Haruhi and Index? The speculation there is infinite.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:51   Link #4970
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Oh yes there was a crossover. It was pretty awesome. I think it died though.

Old 2013-09-15, 17:00   Link #4971
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Do you remember where you found it? I might undertake such a crossover as a project some time in the future and I'm curious to see how other people interpreted it. Nothing like learning from the mistakes of failures of the past for one's own success

Old 2013-09-15, 17:06   Link #4972
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900096/...aruhi-no-Index

It's actually not dead it seems O_O

Old 2013-09-15, 17:11   Link #4973
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does it make sense for Touma to have a right arm like Fiammia's holy right?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:20   Link #4974
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Does it make sense for Touma to have a right arm like Fiammia's holy right?
You mean a giant chicken claw growing out of his back? That doesn't seem very fun...
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:21   Link #4975
omega253

Yes, it would. Not a giant chicken claw, though.

I speculate that his nullifier would be allowed to take the form of the past Imagine Breaker incarnations, though. But would his arm still be there when it's changed into another form is the question I'm not sure about....
Old 2013-09-15, 17:26   Link #4976
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:

Oh yeah, I was surprised when it updated back in July, then again in August and September.

With this coming back, you and the rest of...Crack's Right Seat, I see a bright future awaiting the TAMNI section of fanfiction.net
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:28   Link #4977
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:

How did I miss this...? Aw well. Now I have a standard to reach for.

Old 2013-09-15, 17:29   Link #4978
Gray Servant

Hm. Well according to Ollerus, it used to take the form of things like weapons and such.

Quote:
“There was a time when powers similar to that showed themselves here and there throughout an era. Some took the form of weapons and made their way into the hands of great heroes, some took the form of frescos and were rumored to heal the diseases of any who touched them, and others took the form of caves and functioned as trials for those who entered them. …I do not know if the power in your hand is simply one more of those powers or if those hopes combined together into another form as they were lost and have naturally appeared here. I can make some guesses, but I have not tested any of them. However, I can say one thing for sure. Your right hand functions as a reference point for the world.”
Of course, I think Thor said Ollerus might have been full of shit, and he himself said it's only from a Magic Side perspective but ah well, still an interesting concept. Touma's right hand suddenly turning into a sword would be a sight to see.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:38   Link #4979
omega253

Quote:
“There was a time when powers similar to that showed themselves here and there throughout an era. Some took the form of weapons and made their way into the hands of great heroes, some took the form of frescos and were rumored to heal the diseases of any who touched them, and others took the form of caves and functioned as trials for those who entered them. …I do not know if the power in your hand is simply one more of those powers or if those hopes combined together into another form as they were lost and have naturally appeared here. I can make some guesses, but I have not tested any of them. However, I can say one thing for sure. Your right hand functions as a reference point for the world.”
Hopes combined into another form..... As in the collective hope of mankind.....

Oh crap. I just imagined the Imagine Breaker had once been Nasuverse Excalibur. If Touma could actually separate the Imagine Breaker from his right hand and somehow extract the experiences of past users from it, he might gain the knowledge of how to use a sword and the battle experience of King Arthur.

Cue freak out from Necessarius when they find out that they failed someone who has a legendary holy weapon.

Please note that this is only screwy crap for a possible fic idea in my messed up head.
Old 2013-09-15, 17:50   Link #4980
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Well, chapter 1 draft is going smoothly and--

I guess I earned a pause.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction