Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-16, 09:48   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
Maybe it wasn't removed. Perhaps she released her seal fighting Madara (or at some other point during the war), and because she didn't have perfect control over the Kyuubi it consumed her the same way it looked like it was about to happen to Naruto when he was fighting Pain. Tobi still claims that it wasn't really controlled by Madara at all at that time. The Kyuubi would have started rampaging around after consuming Kushina with or without Madara's direction. When the 4th realized what happened he was sacrificing both himself and Kushina to save the village.

That would explain why Kushina just vanished after the incident. It explains why the Kyuubi knows her. And most of all it gives her a plausible reason for existing in the Kyuubi's chakra/consciousness. The only thing I would still wonder is why hasn't she shown up before now?

The problem there is that Naruto was supposedly born moments before the sealing. It's said his umbilical cord had just been cut, implying that Kushina was giving birth to Naruto while Minato was fighting the Kyuubi.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 09:52   Link #22
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The problem there is that Naruto was supposedly born moments before the sealing. It's said his umbilical cord had just been cut, implying that Kushina was giving birth to Naruto while Minato was fighting the Kyuubi.
I knew it said it was sealed into a newborn (Naruto), but where was that kind of detail given? If you're right, then yeah, hard to imagine it wasn't previously extracted.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:09   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I thought that's the way the 3rd Hokage explained it, but maybe that was just a particular translation or the anime. Minato did mention that Madara was controlling the Kyuubi though, so I assumed it had been separated from Kushina. We'll have to wait and see on that.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:10   Link #24
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-While I have no qualms about Kushina being the previous Kyuubi jinchuuriki, I am nonetheless confused by this supposed fact. For one, if she was the Kyuubi jinchuuriki, why was she not treated like one (like how Naruto, Bee and Gaara have been treated)? We know that regardless of the village, jinchuuriki are treated pretty much the same. Sure she was teased but that's more for her looks than anything else. For two, why does she not have features indicating that she is a jinchuuriki (like Naruto's whiskers, Bee's ink, Yugito's cat-like eyes, Gaara's black eyeliner etc.)? Again, I don't hate this development but it adds more question than answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
-So in the end Kushina was just a plot device to beat the Kyuubi?
-If Naruto becomes a "perfect" jinchuuriki then he should be able to go 9-tails, right?
-Should be good to see how Sasuke's doing, he was pretty crazy with plain MS, I wonder just how power-drunk an EMS Sasuke looks like.
-Well how else was Naruto ever going to meet his quasi-dead mother? Its not like Madara or the Kyuubi were willing to share the low-down over tea and biscuits.
-Possibly, though a full-scale transformation into the Kyuubi seems a little sudden. He still needs to train for that a bit. I for one am pleased at the chance of seeing a full Hachibi vs. a full Kyuubi sparring match.
-Yes if you thought the guy was nuts before wait till you hear him now. Something tells me he'll start wearing pants on his head and claiming that it was really aliens that killed his clan...
Old 2010-06-16, 10:20   Link #25
james0246

^Personally, I do not care how she was treated (it has only been recently that the abuse has become a plot point), I am more interested in when she supposedly became a Jinchuuriki (note, until I see a picture saying she is a Jinchuuriki, I am reluctant to believe this spoiler)?

That being said, maybe her hair is the sign of the Jinchuuriki?...But that would imply that she was a Jinchuuriki since birth...

Additionally, wouldn't this reveal completely discredit Madara's story (in which he claimed the Kyuubi attacked Konoha of its own volition). True we already knew he was lying, but Sasuke is currently insane enough to believe him, so what would happen if Sasuke learned for certain that Madara started the current chain of events that lead to Konoha's betrayal of the Uchiha Clan? (Then again, Sasuke has deliberately ignored Madara's involvement in the massacre, so why should this even matter to him?)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:23   Link #26
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
-Kushina, before she disappears, tells Naruto that she was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki...
Wow ...How she related with madara and kyuubi? :O
I feel sorry for kushina since she's dead.

Bye bye my title"kushina fans "
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:30   Link #27
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
C-Section lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:35   Link #28
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-While I have no qualms about Kushina being the previous Kyuubi jinchuuriki, I am nonetheless confused by this supposed fact. For one, if she was the Kyuubi jinchuuriki, why was she not treated like one (like how Naruto, Bee and Gaara have been treated)? We know that regardless of the village, jinchuuriki are treated pretty much the same. Sure she was teased but that's more for her looks than anything else. For two, why does she not have features indicating that she is a jinchuuriki (like Naruto's whiskers, Bee's ink, Yugito's cat-like eyes, Gaara's black eyeliner etc.)? Again, I don't hate this development but it adds more question than answers.

-Well how else was Naruto ever going to meet his quasi-dead mother? Its not like Madara or the Kyuubi were willing to share the low-down over tea and biscuits.
-Possibly, though a full-scale transformation into the Kyuubi seems a little sudden. He still needs to train for that a bit. I for one am pleased at the chance of seeing a full Hachibi vs. a full Kyuubi sparring match.
-Yes if you thought the guy was nuts before wait till you hear him now. Something tells me he'll start wearing pants on his head and claiming that it was really aliens that killed his clan...
When returning to Konoha i want naruto to transform into kyuubi fullsize and scare the shit out of all of the citizens then appear on kyuubis nose and be like "what are you all screaming for??? i got a hang over!!"
Old 2010-06-16, 10:50   Link #29
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, wouldn't this reveal completely discredit Madara's story (in which he claimed the Kyuubi attacked Konoha of its own volition).
How so? Itachi said Madara was behind the Kyubi incident, wile Madara denied he had anything to do with it. If Kishi doesn’t provide more in depth information about the events during the Kyubi attack, Then this could only make Madara words valid. If you are Kyubi and you have been stuck for years inside someone are you sudenly released in the midle of a Village, you are going to be really pissed off and just rampage over anyone who is in your way.

If Kushina was the previous host the events look shady, because Kyubi should had been out of Kushina after Kushina gave birth, and not before, meaning: Naruto was born, Kybui was released and then he was sealed and Naruto all that in the same day, almost as if it was planed by someone in Konoha to have the jinchuriki for the village (someone like Danzou or the elders), or Madara itself to have his hand on Kyubi.

So, It is highly possible that Kishimoto is going to reshape the Kyubi incident plot for the sake of this new plot…

And Sasuke is so lost in this darkness that Madara can say to him I killed your entire clan, and he still will blame it on Konoha,
Old 2010-06-16, 11:17   Link #30
neshru

Doesn't this last revelation about Kushina kind of mess up the story? Why did everyone say that the appearance of the Kyuubi is a natural disaster that happens once in a while if they knew the monster was sealed within Kushina until some time ago?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:28   Link #31
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

@Rurik and james0246
^This is why Kushina being a Kyuubi jinchuuriki adds confusion. We know that Naruto was born during the Kyuubi attack because the sealing took place right on the spot (you know, Shiki Fuujin killing the user and all that rot). Naruto being born however means that regardless of what was going on, Kushina's body was there to give birth to him (alive or dead). And since we know the bijuu try to take over the host's body, that would mean that the Kyuubi would have either somehow escaped/was freed thus killing Kushina or the Kyuubi that attacked and the Kyuubi sealed in Kushina were 2 different Kyuubi altogether. But both of these result have massive holes. The latter cannot be true since there is only 1 Kyuubi which is the 9th piece of the Junbi. Ergo, 2 cannot exist. The former is a bit more sound but the extraction would cause Kushina's death. Now I don't know much about medical practices and childbirth but I am pretty sure that a dead person cannot give birth. Even a C-section sounds a little to unreal since the body dies right after the extraction and the battle must have taken a while. Hence why right now I am just wondering how the hell this all makes sense .
Old 2010-06-16, 11:44   Link #32
zaxthezax

2nd perfect Jinchuuriki?
What about Yugito and 4tails? Atleast Yugito looked like she mastered the citten.
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 12:18   Link #33
james0246

Yugito and Roshi (as well as Yagura) were never addressed as "Perfect Jinchuuriki". Only Kirabi has ever received that distinction.
Old 2010-06-16, 12:26   Link #34
Nite-Wing

I have no reason to believe Madara is a liar because he pretty much the oldest character in the series.
What this revalation about Kushina means tells me that this is a very obvious plothole.
Old 2010-06-16, 12:27   Link #35
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
As a side note: Chapter 500 will mark the showcase of Sasuke's EMS but there is a week long break before that.
Ohana never mentioned anything about chapter 500 being a showcase of Sasuke's EMS. She just says Kishi will be taking a week break.
Old 2010-06-16, 12:33   Link #36
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Ohana never mentioned anything about chapter 500 being a showcase of Sasuke's EMS. She just says Kishi will be taking a week break.
-My bad then, I got the info from someone that claimed Ohana posted the whole EMS business. If it is not so then hurrah for me since the last thing I want to see in two weeks is Sasuke's crazy mug.
Old 2010-06-16, 12:53   Link #37
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
@Rurik and james0246
^This is why Kushina being a Kyuubi jinchuuriki adds confusion. We know that Naruto was born during the Kyuubi attack because the sealing took place right on the spot (you know, Shiki Fuujin killing the user and all that rot). Naruto being born however means that regardless of what was going on, Kushina's body was there to give birth to him (alive or dead). And since we know the bijuu try to take over the host's body, that would mean that the Kyuubi would have either somehow escaped/was freed thus killing Kushina or the Kyuubi that attacked and the Kyuubi sealed in Kushina were 2 different Kyuubi altogether. But both of these result have massive holes. The latter cannot be true since there is only 1 Kyuubi which is the 9th piece of the Junbi. Ergo, 2 cannot exist. The former is a bit more sound but the extraction would cause Kushina's death. Now I don't know much about medical practices and childbirth but I am pretty sure that a dead person cannot give birth. Even a C-section sounds a little to unreal since the body dies right after the extraction and the battle must have taken a while. Hence why right now I am just wondering how the hell this all makes sense .
You see?, this revelation only makes the Kyubi incident more confusing...
Old 2010-06-16, 12:55   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
I have no reason to believe Madara is a liar because he pretty much the oldest character in the series.
What this revalation about Kushina means tells me that this is a very obvious plothole.
LOL, Minato and Itachi already blamed him, but simply because the person calling himself Madara is old, that means he doesn't lie?...Damn, I can't wait until I'm 80+, then everything I say will be the truth...
Old 2010-06-16, 13:07   Link #39
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Looks like Kishi will rework the Kyuubi attack to make it fit his Kushina jin story.

Quote:
Credits: KWGoDのbrucelee
Source: NF

Naruto sucks out Kyuubi. He looks like plasma at this point.

Kyuubi gets trapped by these. Naruto says "Sorry Kyuubi, but don't worry I won't do anything bad to you, and it won't be for long, so just hang on."

Kushina says she will tell Naruto about what happened the night he was born. So expect "Kyuubi Gaiden" next time(500).
Old 2010-06-16, 13:08   Link #40
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
How so? Itachi said Madara was behind the Kyubi incident, wile Madara denied he had anything to do with it. If Kishi doesn’t provide more in depth information about the events during the Kyubi attack, Then this could only make Madara words valid. If you are Kyubi and you have been stuck for years inside someone are you sudenly released in the midle of a Village, you are going to be really pissed off and just rampage over anyone who is in your way.

If Kushina was the previous host the events look shady, because Kyubi should had been out of Kushina after Kushina gave birth, and not before, meaning: Naruto was born, Kybui was released and then he was sealed and Naruto all that in the same day, almost as if it was planed by someone in Konoha to have the jinchuriki for the village (someone like Danzou or the elders), or Madara itself to have his hand on Kyubi.

So, It is highly possible that Kishimoto is going to reshape the Kyubi incident plot for the sake of this new plot…

And Sasuke is so lost in this darkness that Madara can say to him I killed your entire clan, and he still will blame it on Konoha,
Dont forget that Minato said that Madara was behind the attack by saying it was the akatsuki member with the mask

Tags
weekly chapter discussion