AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 15:00   Link #41
janipani

I'm just trying to imagine if my city had some little kid living alone in random dirty studio flat and once a week some weird city official would pay a visit and fill the fridge and throw out the decayed goods then say "Take care" and leave. All this while some relatives just doesn't care a shit. Can we even call Jiraya and Tsunade people according to this.

Aside from this. James, I think you should improve your Swedish skills a little more before doing such translations on your signature

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 15:33   Link #42
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
I want to defend Tsunade. I mean, she's already lost a brother and boyfried (husband?), and was unable to save them. Is it too much to say that she was afraid she wouldn't be able to protect Naruto were she to look after him? A lot of people say she doesn't care enough, but what if she cared too much?

I also just wanted to gloat about being right that the pregnancy would cause problems for the female jinchuriki. But, I was wrong about it being the reason the kyubi escaped. I forgot to take into account Minato's awesomeness.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 15:39   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
I want to defend Tsunade. I mean, she's already lost a brother and boyfried (husband?), and was unable to save them. Is it too much to say that she was afraid she wouldn't be able to protect Naruto were she to look after him? A lot of people say she doesn't care enough, but what if she cared too much?
Fair enough. Obviously we do not know the entire story jst the basic facts on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
I also just wanted to gloat about being right that the pregnancy would cause problems for the female jinchuriki. But, I was wrong about it being the reason the kyubi escaped. I forgot to take into account Minato's awesomeness.
Yeah, and I remember at the time thinking/writing it would be really weird if a birth affected the seal. Boy was I wrong .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 15:48   Link #44
Danku81

so that's why Naruto was able to seal away kyuubi using the rikkudo-sennin's technique.
Danku81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 15:53   Link #45
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, and I remember at the time thinking/writing it would be really weird if a birth affected the seal. Boy was I wrong .
I remember that discussion.
Now what next? Fate is getting a face here. Naruto never knew his parents, but now that he has learned about them, the past and why they had to die, someone has defiled oneself with blood... and it's Madara. Madara is the face Naruto is looking into right now. Madara is the face of doom, the face of death. The reason why Naruto had to grow up without parents.
It's a good strategy to tell him now instead of telling him before taming the Kyuubi.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 16:16   Link #46
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So let me get this straight:

-Kushina was best friends with Mikoto (Sasuke's mom), thus making her his godmother.
-Naruto is the last direct offspring of the Uzumaki lineage.
-Additionally, he is indirectly related to the Shodaime and Nidaime Hokages as well as Tsunade herself.

-Ok, what the hell is this? As if being possibly being related to Sage of 6 Paths wasn't enough, now Naruto is related to arguably the most powerful ninja that have walked the earth (Yondaime Hokage notwithstanding). And to top it off, an Uchiha was one of his godparents. Am I the only one to think this is a bit much? What's next, will Naruto turn out to be related to Nagato, Konan and Sean Connery as well? I'm all for powerful, hidden lineages and all that, but this will take a while to process and accept.

-But I do like that how the Kyuubi being released was explained. At least we know, in full confirmation, that Uchiha Madara was directly responsible for the incident. Not like any of us believed him I'm sure.

-BTW, anyone else think Naruto will argue that since Mikoto was his godmother, he is technically Sasuke's family? Oh hey Sasuke, turns out your family isn't dead after all...
Old 2010-06-30, 16:27   Link #47
Rahan

We don't know if Mikoto was best friend with Kushina. Kushina met her when going to the place she would have the baby ...

Either this scene is filler (Kishi couldn't bear the idea of not having Sasuke in chapter 500) or Mikoto actually did something that allowed Madara to find where Naruto would be born.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 16:28   Link #48
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
What's next, will Naruto turn out to be related to Nagato, Konan and Sean Connery as well?
Well, as far as I know Naruto will get a sidekick and this will be Chuck Norris.
I know that Chuck Norris is not the guy to be a sidekick, but you know it's Naruto and the way Naruto has been upgraded, he can already counter the Roundhouse Kick. Besides, Chuck Norris returns from retirement because he wants to help his nephew, Naruto. What? Yes, of course they are related.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:43   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n

I wonder if Kushina meeting with Mikoto just before entering the cave was one of the reasons of being suspected. For example a debate between Sarutobi and Danzou:
Danzou: Uchiha always wanted the 9 tails, because it was once their greatest weapon, before Shodaime defeated Madara and took the 9 tails in posession of the village.
Sarutobi: We took precautions, Kushina was secretly transferred to a cave, nobody knew about it's location, it was decided on the spot.
Danzou: I have evidence that Uchiha Mikoto met Kushina on the way, she knew her position!
Sarutobi: Your accusation is based only on this?!
Danzou: No, there's also ...

I guess when Kushina heard what Madara said she paniced and even if Minato tried to solve this impossible situation she traded the 9 tails for Naruto. A mother who just gave birth cannot be blamed for not thinking clearly about the implications of giving away the 9 tails. So everything starts to make sense.

Also it's nice that the main villain is finally seen as a really evil guy, one who takes advantage of a child birth, a family's most intimate moment. Really good chapter, the happiest day of Naruto's family was made the worst day by the main villain. Even Orochimaru wasn's such a lowlife scumbag.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 16:47   Link #50
Nite-Wing

Yeah I don't think they were best friends anymore
She just ran into her on the way out of the village.
Old 2010-06-30, 17:25   Link #51
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Hey, the relationship chart is simple comparing to Tsubasa Chronicle
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 17:33   Link #52
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
There are definately some strings being pulled together, but I wonder how Madara could have known about the exact time and place of the birth. Maybe Mikoto was his accomplice after all, or maybe he is just stealthy enough to not being recognized by anyone while spying on Konoha. Or maybe it isn't Madara at all.

Anyway, now we might get to see how much truth lies in Madara's words. If I remember correctly, he told Sasuke that he had nothing to do with the attack on Konoha, I'm not sure though.
Old 2010-06-30, 17:37   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I am going to go read that chapter again where Naruto preached to Neji about destiny and fate. Then I will laugh at how different Kish warped the story. Poor Neji.

So it looks like Kushina and Mikoto weren't best friends. That makes a lot more sense. So Sasuke's appearence in this chapter was just so Kishi could throw him in there. But...Kushina's giving birth and the location were suppose to be a secret. So maybe that fact than an Uchiha saw where Kushina was heading would make the Konoha top brass suspicious when they started going through what happened with Madara. We have to see where Mikoto bumps into them. It might be nothing.

But how interesting would it be if Sasuke's mom indirectly led to Naruto's mom and dad's deaths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Also it's nice that the main villain is finally seen as a really evil guy, one who takes advantage of a child birth, a family's most intimate moment. Really good chapter, the happiest day of Naruto's family was made the worst day by the main villain. Even Orochimaru wasn's such a lowlife scumbag.
Frankly this is a much more interesting development than Naruto's Gary Stu lineage. Finally a villain who is acting like one. I hope Madara threw a couple of "BWAAAAAHAAAAs!" when he was taunting Minato with baby Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 17:56   Link #54
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Hmm, the Third's wife Biwako seems like she was killed by Madara. The spoilers says both she and the ANBU guy were struck down by Madara. So Hiruzen was probably very conflicted with what to do about the Uchiha. Even though he did try for a peaceful solution. It makes the decision more personal. I wonder if Asuma knew?
Old 2010-06-30, 17:56   Link #55
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Even Orochimaru wasn's such a lowlife scumbag.
Are we talking about the same guy? You know the one who kidnaped babies, used them as guinea pigs and probably had their corpses stuffed somewhere for later use in case he thought of something funny?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:04   Link #56
Jehuty

I think Jiraiya's absence was not due to neglect -- remember he had a mission to travel the world (as told by the prophecy) so he could meet the child that could either destroy the world, or save it. I'd like to think that, while he couldn't take Naruto with him, he at least made the arrangements so that Naruto could live a life as close to normal as possible.

What I don't understand is, everyone in Konoha knew Naruto was the 9 tails. Why keep the 4th being his father a secret? It seems like our dear author just wanted Naruto to have a "lonely life" just for the hell of it. Now, had everyone known about the 4th being his dad and them blaming and hating Naruto for his death, and Naruto having grown with that guilt? That would've been a much different, and much better, explanation.
Old 2010-06-30, 18:04   Link #57
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I am going to go read that chapter again where Naruto preached to Neji about destiny and fate. Then I will laugh at how different Kish warped the story. Poor Neji.

So it looks like Kushina and Mikoto weren't best friends. That makes a lot more sense. So Sasuke's appearence in this chapter was just so Kishi could throw him in there. But...Kushina's giving birth and the location were suppose to be a secret. So maybe that fact than an Uchiha saw where Kushina was heading would make the Konoha top brass suspicious when they started going through what happened with Madara. We have to see where Mikoto bumps into them. It might be nothing.

But how interesting would it be if Sasuke's mom indirectly led to Naruto's mom and dad's deaths?

Frankly this is a much more interesting development than Naruto's Gary Stu lineage. Finally a villain who is acting like one. I hope Madara threw a couple of "BWAAAAAHAAAAs!" when he was taunting Minato with baby Naruto.
Yep Neji was right all along...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:13   Link #58
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Are we talking about the same guy? You know the one who kidnaped babies, used them as guinea pigs and probably had their corpses stuffed somewhere for later use in case he thought of something funny?
Well you are right, but the reader didn't see most of this and also it was done to some unnamed unknown people. When we see Orochimaru dealing with children it's like PedoBear, it was never shown that he "had their corpses stuffed somewhere for later use in case he thought of something funny", it's just your imagination

Even when Orochimaru says that maybe they should kill the Nagato-Yahiko-Konan trio it sounded like he wanted them good in his twisted way. And since we know what happened to them after that we could even say that maybe Orochi was right
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:37   Link #59
Nite-Wing

It is true Neji was right all along and Naruto was a dumbass for talking down to him.
Old 2010-06-30, 20:33   Link #60
iBeast

Who the hell is Mikoto?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion