AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-04, 06:42   Link #1101
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

No, Lion must be a separate fighter altogether so there can be some awesomesauce Will and Lion arcade storyline D:
Old 2011-02-04, 09:54   Link #1102
legomaple

so, the new patch... what does it put in the game?

and please, someone translate the patch notes the google translate is shit

(this is the patch notes for 1.02 translated via google)
Spoiler for Translate:
Old 2011-02-05, 01:26   Link #1103
Realus

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
- HP has a unique character set value.
Did some light testing, and took down 1/4 of the first HP bar (So 1/12 of their total HP right?)
It seemed to me the HP values looked close to (give or take 120~240 for error or whatnot)

8040 HP - Beatrice/410
8640 HP - Virgilia/Ange/Battler/Kanon/Shannon/Eva
9000 HP - Lucifer
9360 HP - Ronove

Again, it's hard trying to notice 10 HP difference from 1/4 of the first bar, so these may be off a bit.
Grouping should be good I think though. (Unless one of the 6 in the big group have +/- 120 HP or something)

Aaaack, I totally forgot this was a tag-team game... Those numbers make no sense. (Unless I assume only the first character chosen get's their HP, which is wrong.)
Re-tested, and now this is what I found:

HP Tier 1: Ronove
HP Tier 2: Virgilia, Battler, Shannon, Eva-Beatrice, Siesta-410
HP Tier 3: Ange, Beatrice, Lucifer, Kanon

Tier 1+2 = 9360~ HP
Tier 1+3 = 9000~ HP
Tier 2+2 = 8760~ HP
Tier 2+3 = 8640~ HP
Tier 3+3 = 8100~ HP

Last edited by Realus; 2011-02-07 at 20:04.
Old 2011-02-05, 14:44   Link #1104
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
As far as I can tell, there are no keyboard controls for a second player.

And by "commands", what do you mean exactly?
sorry, havnt checked the thread in a while, I meant if its possible to change the basic controls from the arrow keys to the numpad, or is everything given a sequence of 63214 for example just because it would be easier than right, right/down, down, etc
Old 2011-02-07, 01:20   Link #1105
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
I just got the game today and luckily playing it went rather well since its the first Japanese game I've owned in years. Where do you get the new patch for it?
Old 2011-02-07, 03:00   Link #1106
Keefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I just got the game today and luckily playing it went rather well since its the first Japanese game I've owned in years. Where do you get the new patch for it?
You can get the patch here.

By the way, I can't use Virgilia's Gungnir attack (41236ABC) after 1.02 update. Weird
Old 2011-02-07, 03:09   Link #1107
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Any new keybinder for patch 1.02?
Old 2011-02-07, 08:36   Link #1108
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
You can get the patch here.

By the way, I can't use Virgilia's Gungnir attack (41236ABC) after 1.02 update. Weird
I can use Gungnir just fine with my Logitech pad, could it be a keyboard problem then?
Loving the game so far, though I'm still not very good at it (beaten arcade once, yay!). Is it just me or is Ronove the most easy to beat as an Easy difficulty CPU? And Battler stronger than most?
Old 2011-02-07, 10:46   Link #1109
AudriSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
I can use Gungnir just fine with my Logitech pad, could it be a keyboard problem then?
Loving the game so far, though I'm still not very good at it (beaten arcade once, yay!). Is it just me or is Ronove the most easy to beat as an Easy difficulty CPU? And Battler stronger than most?
Last night when I played it Battler and Siesta 410 gave my friends and I the most heck.. Thankfully we never saw them teamed up. We were using Virgilia and Ange.
Old 2011-02-07, 11:30   Link #1110
Hyuuji

Battler's problem is his damn meta-skill, if you stop his meta he's a easy character to defeat in any difficulty
To me, Kanon is the worst enemy in the game.
Old 2011-02-07, 14:55   Link #1111
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

It might depend on playstyle, I don't find Kanon much of a problem. I haven't played any but Easy difficulty yet though. I can see Battler could be predictable, but again, I'm not very good at this.
Siesta is annoying with the arrows and all (and I sometimes like playing her, nihi).
Do they turn up the difficulty a bit at Arcade's Last Movement? I usually have most trouble there, and then with Battler even in previous battles. Though of course I lose occasionally to others as well...
Old 2011-02-07, 15:53   Link #1112
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Ah I can finally clear normal arcade... albite beating the final movement with about 1/8" of hp left... my best advice to people who are still learning how to play is to go to the wiki and practice the moves it explains in training, havn't had too many problems since I got used to the movesets. (character links at bottom)
Old 2011-02-07, 20:09   Link #1113
Hyuuji

I agree with Kishin, learn all the comands is the first step to improve.
In the last movement all the characters are a bit more challenging, normal in all fighting games though, when you learn how the cpu plays in all difficulties beating the game will not be that hard anymore.
But i have a hard time finishing the game with characters i don't play very well, like ronove and ange.
Old 2011-02-07, 20:28   Link #1114
Realus

I do believe the "difficulty" goes up as you get closer to the end.

All are pretty easy once you get used to the game.

The hardest CPU character I'd say is Kanon. If he gets you in a solid combo, he'll end it with the 236236C and stun you. Then proceed to do another solid combo. Good 1500 Damage or so?
And with his jumping around, you can't get any good combos on him, unless your character has an anti-air combo starter (Lucifer 3C for example).

Ronove is annoying because you can't just put on offensive pressure, he'll just interrupt your combos with his guard-attacks (or supers).
However, he's dumb, so he shouldn't be a big problem. (You can literally spam 236 with Shannon, and destroy him. No other attack needed)

Ange was annoying before her nerf in 1.01. Now that Satan doesn't appear when she is hit, her AI is idiotic because she keeps using that skill and leaving herself open.
Her meta is annoying though, because if you jump toward her, she'll use it (And possibly stun you, to use it again).

I can see how Battler is hard for some.
236 -> 214 or Jumping C.
If you duck, and have slow reactions, the Jumping C will hit you overhead.
If your timing when jumping over 236 is slow, he may use 214 and either rush you, or move to safety.
Then his 2C followed by Meta, Super super super super.
Although you can cancel his meta field, and this is no problem. Or simply after getting hit by the first one, use 236D to use the charging tag, and knock him down. Most of the Meta gauge will be up by now, and he won't be able to fire off another.

I don't have much to comment on, or tips for the rest. Because if you just pressure them, they seem to drop. (Especially CPU Virgilia, she fails under pressure)
Lucifer+Kanon (My team) work great to create pressure, too bad they have the lowest HP total.
Old 2011-02-07, 20:56   Link #1115
Hyuuji

Yea yea, kanon fucking combo is annoying.
I play with the same pair Kanon+lucifer, i like fast characters, the fact that they dont have much life doesn't concern me and lucifer comands are easy to learn for beginners.
Btw, if someone's into multiplaying ougon drop a comment in my profile, maybe we can play sometime x3
Old 2011-02-07, 21:41   Link #1116
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Omfg, finally cleared Arcade Hard Mode with Beatrice and Battler, freakin 45 minutes of gettin my ass kicked and resorting to cheaptastic methods (Battler gropes, double tab back jump, repeat) and blowing ranged SPs nonstop. I got so much Lucifer, Virgilia, and 410 that I cried...
Though I did learn a valuable lesson about 410, if shes making u crawl cuz she puts a cieling of arrows over you, blow ur kicks over and over to inch closer to her.
Lucifer and Kanon blow too many damn combos and Battler(npc) is capable of superhuman commands... I cound never activate meta -> knockdown -> while still in first frame of knocked down animation use meta super and proceed to use it 3 times in the same meta...
anyways rant over, question time, I unlocked Leviathan's announcer, I'm sure it was already posted but is there a list of announcers and how to unlock them? I'll dig through the thread myself if noone is able to just lemme know which page or sumthing
Old 2011-02-08, 01:41   Link #1117
AudriSampson

*facepalm.. I just added the new patch and tried to adjust the lower controller setting.. I complete screwed up what buttons do what. Any idea how to reset controls??
Old 2011-02-08, 03:49   Link #1118
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
*facepalm.. I just added the new patch and tried to adjust the lower controller setting.. I complete screwed up what buttons do what. Any idea how to reset controls??
I don't think there is, but I can make a picture for you that explains all the buttons, just get back here at the end of the day.
Old 2011-02-08, 09:24   Link #1119
Utarishi

Hello there... I'm playing Ougon Musou Kyoku since a month ago... but I have just one problem whit it, can someone help me?
Please tell me how to run the update patch, it just keeps showing this message:

Spoiler for error:

Thanks... n.n
Old 2011-02-08, 10:30   Link #1120
AudriSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
I don't think there is, but I can make a picture for you that explains all the buttons, just get back here at the end of the day.
Thank you SOOO Much!!