AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-16, 01:34   Link #1
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Maria-sama Web Radio Drama

Edit: I guess it was inappropriate. You can listen to the episodes at Animate.tv. 17 is the one on the bottom. It also has a lot of seiyu talk (which is also quite interesting. Today's guest is Ito Shizuka(Hasekura Rei) ).

Episode 17 - Cinderella Practice. Link deleted
This episode is my personal favorite. Here's a quick summary.

We go back to one year ago, before Yumi is officially Sachiko's soeur. The Yamayurikai is practicing for the Cinderella play.

Spoiler:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-02-16 at 08:58. Reason: Apologies...
Old 2007-02-16, 03:03   Link #2
farr5792

I'm still downloading it...
I think it's funny..it's made me laugh when i read your translation..(it's not about your translation, it's about the story).. LOL
Hillarious!!!

Can't wait to watch it...
Old 2007-02-17, 06:33   Link #3
Neku
yare yare..

Thanks for posting!=D
Old 2007-02-17, 10:59   Link #4
Emm

Thanks ^^ I'd probably download it but I won't understand what they say anyways.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:13   Link #5
Pracharat

Poor Yumi.
Old 2007-02-26, 01:07   Link #6
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Thanks again for it ! ^-^
It was very funny when sachiko rehearsed Cinderella and the others girls did the "evil-laugh" to her ^-^sounded so not convincing

Sachiko was such an hysteric cinderella sometimes ^^
poor Youko who's supervising the whole mess ^-^;
Old 2007-03-04, 01:14   Link #7
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Radio drama Episode 1. Strict Sachiko.

Well, since it doesn't matter if the web radio is public. I'll just start with the ones that are already compiled into a DJ CD. Hm... I wonder if we can make this into a fansub...

Note: This is not canon. Think of the web radio episodes as official doujinshi

Work in progress

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-04, 01:45   Link #8
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Hana-matsuri episode has aired on the 1st. There's no radio drama this time. Today's guests are Yoshino's Ikezawa Haruna, Shimako's Noto Mamiko. Yoshino's seiyu sounds like the "calm, idea girl" type Yoshino.

Interesting comment by Ueda Kana (Yumi).
Quote:
By the way, the OVAs will end in 5 episodes, but it's unresolved, right? The soeur problem
Quote:
It will be nice if we have more things like CD dramas.
Ueda Kana, you don't mean there is no 4th season, do you? NOooo.

PS: I hope her comment is neither a yes nor a no.
Old 2007-03-06, 08:57   Link #9
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Geez ! That was so funny !
I'm currently listenning to the Ranger part ^-^ thanks again for that !
It's true those episodes ressemble "official doujinshi" since we can get the characters perform such different scenes from the main story ^-^;

I don't think that's what she means but rather that
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-17, 10:11   Link #10
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post

Interesting comment by Ueda Kana (Yumi).

Ueda Kana, you don't mean there is no 4th season, do you? NOooo.

PS: I hope her comment is neither a yes nor a no.

Yeah, certainly she said "3rd season's NOT conclusion as the story you know. I think the MariMite anime and drama CDs will continue more and more. so, everyone, please support the series!"

don't worry.
Old 2007-10-12, 09:53   Link #11
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

I'm picking up this thread

I'm currently practicing seriously on my Japanese listening, and used the DJCDs for that. Since the content would probably interest fans here, I decided to put here the bits of translations I can come up with. I'll put translations for the "interview" parts, where Ueda Kana, Yumi-chan's seiyuu is interviewing other cast members, asking them questions like : "who would you want to be your daughter?" the seiyuu have to choose someone in the maria-sama characters or fast of course. It's funny and we learn a bit about the people behind the voices.

I think many fans could find the DJCD but don't understand them so I decided to share my sometimes incomplete translations of the interviews.

Notes : I inserted some "notes" into ()

Spoiler for it takes a lot of space so I put this into spoiler tag:

Listening to all these podcasts, I really have the feeling of the cast being as a family towards each other : they call each other with nicknames, or their characters names, and it's interesting to see what honorifics they use or don't use...sometimes it reveals more the age difference between the seiyuus, sometimes, it's got to do with the age difference between the characters! lol

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-10-13 at 08:59.
Old 2007-10-12, 23:01   Link #12
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
I'm picking up this thread

I'm currently practicing seriously on my Japanese listening, and used the DJCDs for that. Since the content would probably interest fans here, I decided to put here the bits of translations I can come up with. I'll put translations for the "interview" parts, where Ueda Kana, Yumi-chan's seiyuu is interviewing other cast members, asking them questions like : "who would you want to be your daughter?" the seiyuu have to choose someone in the maria-sama characters or fast of course. It's funny and we learn a bit about the people behind the voices.

I think many fans could find the DJCD but don't understand them so I decided to share my sometimes incomplete translations of the interviews.
Itou Miki has a really nice voice, especially in this 4th track. I enjoyed just listening to her speak. Thanks for the translation!

By the way, the next Drama CD 「マリア様がみてる チェリーブロッサム」 is set to come out on December 14th.
Old 2007-10-13, 08:39   Link #13
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Ahh!! Arigatou Noriko-san! n_n
I've been wishing for long how I want someone to translate the radio drama talks of the seiyuus.. T__T
Old 2007-10-13, 08:54   Link #14
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
By the way, the next Drama CD 「マリア様がみてる チェリーブロッサム」 is set to come out on December 14th.
Cool !! I almost wasn't hoping anymore ! and it's featuring the white roses too, how lucky for me ! thanks for the info.

I had beginning translating the simple interviews too, like track 2, the one with the seiyuu of Noriko, but there are more parts that I couldn't understand so... I are not show it, and it's really long O_o;

BTW dalhmoon, maybe you understood some bits I didn't, if that is the case and you happen to re-listen to the track, could you tell me what it is they said that I couldn't get ? no urge though...it's just if you ever listen to it again and think : "ah! she said that!" or if you see I made a mistake...
And..Yes, ITOU Miki's voice is LOVE !! n_n It's funny that in the matimite cast, the seiyuu talk normally with a voice really close to that of the characters, so it's recognizable and ... pleasant for us fans ^_^

Steph-chan : i'll try doing the others, too, they're just so funny sometimes!

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-10-13 at 09:20.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:21   Link #15
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post

BTW dalhmoon, maybe you understood some bits I didn't, if that is the case and you happen to re-listen to the track, could you tell me what it is they said that I couldn't get ? no urge though...it's just if you ever listen to it again and think : "ah! she said that!" or if you see I made a mistake...
Yes, that last part is quite difficult. I'm not that much of a accurate listener either, but your translation seems to be mostly correct.
Quote:
UEDA Kana: She seems ????? (don't know)
ITOU Miki: If it's with Eririn it would be fun.
UEDA Kana: Ah, yes yes... Ha ha, Eririn.. It does seem fun. Eriko-san herself doesn't seem like she'll let go of Miki-san. It seems like it.
ITOU Miki: Ah, yes
UEDA Kana: The results turned out to be quite interesting.
ITOU Miki: That's true. Well, how about we choose Eririn.
UEDA Kana: Eririn, you say?
ITOU Miki: Yes.
UEDA Kana: Okay. Thank you very much!
ITOU Miki: Your welcome.
Old 2007-11-22, 01:03   Link #16
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Sorry, this is double-post I guess, I wanted to "up" the thread with the new part
i deleted it, so i'llput it here
Quote:
Thanks Dalh_moon ! I really couldn't make out that part n_n
A new month, a new translation
well, this one still misses some parts, but I'm working on it, I wanted to "save" it here just in case....cause my pc goes funny pretty often :/

This is track 1 and 2 from the first DJCD; these cds have 3 things : the "what if" sessions like the one I previously translated, the "drama" parts, and normal interviews.

Today's the interview of the seiyuu for NIJOU Noriko, SHIMIZU Kaori
Enjoy! (again, any remarks about mistakes etc. is welcome but again, this is still on-going ^^

Spoiler for the interview:

I'm putting some translator notes here :

note 1 : tatari is a kind of curse Japanese believe in, it's a kind of punitive curse which occurs "automatically" or almost instantly after you've done something you shouldn't have, like stepping on a stone which contains a spirit, etc…you can for example automatically receive something on the head like an apple falling from a tree, etc.

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-11-22 at 12:07.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:28   Link #17
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Maria-sama ga Miteru The Movie - Red Rose Revolution -
DJCD 3 Original Drama

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-11, 21:49   Link #18
sa547
*Author

ROFLMAO! That was one heck of a last line! It's also a coincidence that a mutiny attempt was snuffed in Manila a few weeks ago.
Old 2007-12-18, 18:36   Link #19
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Not sure where to put this.

Shueisha Drama CD 12 - Cherry Blossom was released a few days ago. You can head over to the offical website to checkout a two minute sample and seiyu talk between Shimako and Noriko's seiyus. I'm still waiting for CDJapan to start listing it... Has anyone tried this out?

Edit:; The web radio Christmas Special is now broadcasting at AnimateTV. A whopping 42 minutes of seiyu goodness, including Christmas carols by Yumi, Tsutako and Mami, and pizza sponsored by Pizza Hut! Additionally the secret of Mahou-shoujo Shimako* is finally revealed!

* Mahou-shoujo Shimako is a drama CD/web radio only character, whom Shimako changes into, and uses magic to return peace to Lilian.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-12-20 at 23:33. Reason: Adding web radio Christmas special
Closed Thread