Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-07, 21:27   Link #4961
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I don't know why, I just found this picture (which I can't find again for some reason...) .
Can't find it?

Spoiler for I'm like an image queen:

There you have it. It's an utterly beautiful source without a doubt! But there are some basic no-nos that don't do justice to the image. First, you didn't need to use so much of her figure, you should've cropped more on top and bottom. Second, your name doesn't fall smoothly onto the background, especially the "aah". And the border, why do you insist on this tone of blue? It's better than no border, but again, not very smooth. The BG is ok... 7/10

And for the love of God, the War shall continue, ok I get it already

Necrodeath BG works and the two girls look so cool there, I think that they fit well. But no border!? What made you go down that road? Your name would look better on the middle, as you've done in the past, noh? 8.6/10

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-10-07 at 22:38. Reason: typos, I'm human too actually.
Old 2004-10-07, 22:35   Link #4962
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
Can't find it?

Spoiler for I'm like an image queen:

There you have it. It's an utterly beautiful source without a doubt! But there are some basic no-nos that don't do justice to the image. First, you didn't need to use so much of her figure, you should've cropped more on top and bottom. Second, your name doesn't fall smoothly onto the background, especially the "aah". And the border, why do you insist on this tone of blue? It's better then no border, but again, not very smooth. The BG is ok... 7/10
And for the love of God, the War shall continue, ok I get it already
Thanks. I made a few adjustments. One is using a more "misty" like border. I think its looking pretty swell. Although the right side is looking rather dark now...

I wanted to use more of her figure because I like her boobies. They are some nice boobies. YAY!!!

here's the old one

Need to rate...

Full Metal 31 = You really can shift the entire picture more toward the right. there is no need to cut her hair off.

Nothing really special. Although the colors are very pretty.

C
Old 2004-10-08, 00:31   Link #4963
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
Necrodeath BG works and the two girls look so cool there, I think that they fit well. But no border!? What made you go down that road? Your name would look better on the middle, as you've done in the past, noh? 8.6/10
Well. I just wanted to see some ratings and reactions when I posted this. Actually, this sig of mine is created a long time ago, at least longer then a year ago, but I can't remember the actual date
I believe this one was still done with Paint Shop Pro 7, instead of Photoshop 7 (which I use nowadays). It was done in the days that I still sucked Some people pointed out, no border. But that's not all...If you look at the hair on the left girl, you'll notice some white pixelation...I was lazy back then
I feathered the crap out of that right girl to get rid of white pixels (Amazing that it still looks ok (even more amazing that I can remember this ))

Yuiichi - First off, how can your rating be harsh, and I still get a 9.2? the answer is no, you're not too harsh Anyway, I like this one. the only minus IMO is the text in the upper left... Good sig otherwise though. 7.5/10

aahhsin - I like the old one better then the new one. The old one is more subtle, as your new one forces the colour blue IMO, the border is too much. 6/10 for the one you're using now, 7/10 for the old one.
Old 2004-10-08, 01:43   Link #4964
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
just to shock all the forum newcomers, dont worry. it will get changed.
it got changed. i couldnt match the rautchyness.

Quote:
hobo - Acolyte getting tentacle raped. Like the coloring but not the art style. Her eyes look lifeless, but that's understandable. Your name is illegible, so major deduction there. 7.5/10
Xration > alot of others.

i stand beside xration. but to each their own ^^

and i changed mine!

necrodeath - very solid signature. on close inspection it appears you have some stray white pixels on the figure to the right's right (near the hair) might just me me though. 9.5/10 maximum score!

aahhsin - mm~ this is okay. better than your last attempt at a border but still, nevertheless a border. 8.5/10 for your good source. text effects are just bad.
Old 2004-10-08, 01:55   Link #4965
sarcasteak
WAHA~

hobo - I love the coloring of this picture and the art style; excellent crop. The white you used for the name stands out a lot on her skin, and the solid red stroke covering it works very well because ironically the girl is not covered by her red clothing. I don't understand why you chose white for the pixel boxes in the corners, though. They are pointless in my opinion because they don't do anything to enhance the image so why bother including them at all? The lack of border really isn't an issue here, though, so I won't take any points off for that. 9.2/10
Old 2004-10-08, 02:09   Link #4966
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Yuiichi - simply amazing. i love this. the kiss if very stylistic. my only gripe is about the background. it just wont do. i would like to see a more contrasting background, but editing in another would look too akward. 9.5/10

full_metal_31 - its small. but you seem to have this trend with small sigs, so i will not question you. 9.01/10. the lines dont do it for the rest of the image, and your name is too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
hobo - I love the coloring of this picture and the art style; excellent crop. The white you used for the name stands out a lot on her skin, and the solid red stroke covering it works very well because ironically the girl is not covered by her red clothing. I don't understand why you chose white for the pixel boxes in the corners, though. They are pointless in my opinion because they don't do anything to enhance the image so why bother including them at all? The lack of border really isn't an issue here, though, so I won't take any points off for that. 9.2/10
mm~ i coulda sworn i took those out before i saved it *fume*

i was thinking of putting in a square border all around... ... but i dont think it would have gone well with the image. i shall remove the squares immediatly ><
Old 2004-10-08, 03:23   Link #4967
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

Necrodeath- i like the left character not so much the right one good BG but odd border anyway 8.2/10

Full_Metal_31: Verry cute good colors scanlines not to bad aswel to bad it looks a bit like a banner though :P but still verry nice 8.8/10

Yuiichi: correct me if i`m wrong but isnt the tekst (lover never failed) anyway i love the pic i see you used the same tekst again but that`s not a bad thing its a different color aswel overall its a 8.6/10

aashhin: You shouldnt have made the main char transparent that`s a huge shame... the border is not al to bad it does! fits the image the tekst ... i dont rly like it though but that`s my opinion this 1 gets a 7/10 i liked your last better that was a 9/10

Hobobaggins: NIce picture but i dont like the name crossing the leg and it lacks a border 8.3/10 at least its alot better then the last 1

7thMethuselah: HMm its al darkie :P i like dark to bad it misses a border though 7.9/10

i feel like i am getting ignored for my new design :P lolz XD
Old 2004-10-08, 03:34   Link #4968
Thany
Unfair

JaXter : your name is hard to read. The border is interesting.
Don't really like the background though. 7.5/10.

hobobaggins
: lacks borders. Better than your previous sign ; I don't have to scroll fast in order to keep others people to see it :P 7/10.

sarcasteak : cute! 8.5/10.

Necrodeath
: the girl on the right is ugly. That's a bad point Your name is pretty hard to read too :/
No border seems ok here. 6.5/10.

Note : I got a new signature, but for some reason I find it a bit blurry ; is it me or is anybody else thinking the same?
Old 2004-10-08, 05:22   Link #4969
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
hobobaggins - This one reminds me of mine. Nice crop, no border as usual, but the name is kinda hard to read (but I just woke up, so that might be it) so 10/10 anyway
Yuiichi - I like the image choice. No clue what's writen besides that the first word is 'love' but anyway, what's this from? I'll give a 9.5 for now because I can't read the words on it.
Old 2004-10-08, 05:54   Link #4970
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As usual the sigs are drifting over the limits again, so as a reminder...
  • Signature Images
    Putting images in your signature is allowed. However the following limitations apply:
    • Maximum imagewidth 500 pixels for all images combined.
    • Maximum imageheight 60 pixels (with maximum 2 lines of text in your signature) or 80 pixels (without any additional text in your signature) for all images combined.
    • Maximum filesize of 50000 bytes for all images combined.
    • Any annoying signature images (either because of animations or content) may be removed at the sole discretion of the administrator or moderators.

I don't mind if the vertical limits are twice the above BUT only if you make a trade off with the file size. My rule of thumb is that you may go up to 160 pixels high but only if you bring the file size down to under 30,000 bytes and have no additional text.

Image only (no text)
500 x 80 pixels and up to 50,000 bytes
or 500 x 160 pixels and under 30,000 bytes

Image and text (max of two lines of text)
500 x 60 pixels and up to 50,000 bytes
or 500 x 120 pixels and under 30,000 bytes

Text only
Maximum of six lines of text (using standard height text).

If I see any sig over limits after a warning, I'll award the owner a three day holiday from the forums.

Last edited by xris; 2004-10-12 at 14:58.
Old 2004-10-08, 12:03   Link #4971
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

Thany: blurry not realy just not verrry sharp i would say nice border and nice picture but to bad we cant see the rest of her body anyway its a 8/10
Old 2004-10-08, 12:08   Link #4972
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Thany- you can do a better border than that! 9.5/10 for the /l/ catgirl! ^^

JaXter - i surrender! he looks as if his l/w ratio has been screwed with. 7/10 okay, i guess it isnt. its just the art style

:cry: i had to drop my filesize under 30k. boo~

Last edited by hobobaggins; 2004-10-08 at 12:36.
Old 2004-10-08, 12:12   Link #4973
Thomas

hobobaggins - a 9/10. it could use a border but the picture is what makes it good .
Old 2004-10-08, 12:35   Link #4974
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Thomas ... at least you rated.

for your shameless advertizing you get a -10/10. you could at least stick them in a picture O_o
Old 2004-10-08, 13:04   Link #4975
sarcasteak
WAHA~

hobo - Don't worry, I can't tell the difference in quality...except that you added the squares back.

JaXter - The name blends very well with the background this time, but as I've already said, the picture you chose simply doesn't look that good. 7/10

Thany - It's a little blurry probably due to free transformation. I like it. Not sure if that's a cat tail, though. 8.5/10

Thomas - I want brownies, not cookies!
Old 2004-10-08, 14:47   Link #4976
aahhsin

sarcasteak = Your entire picture makes no sense at all. First off theres that stupid white background. Where in the hell are they heading much less where are they at? Nowhere! Just wandering around like morons in a empty white plane. What kind of stupid ass scene is that? Hell there's even some freaking penguin walking behind them.

Bad scenery, bad message, bad signature.

F

Thomas = What the hell is that? Advertisments? Nobody is going to go to that dumbass site. Your advertisment part fails miserably. There's nothing attractive about it at all. Just a bunch of blue words. Well i got 1 word for you.

BORING!

Ghibiforums? What the fuck is a ghibi? There's nothing to hint to me what the forums are about. Oh yea Studio Ghibi? What do you do? Draw naked pictures of shaven cats? Help me out here.

Your reward to attract more potential people to come to your site sucks like hell too. Nobody wants a fucking cookie. Your cookies probably taste like shit anyways. I'm assuming your a guy, and everyone knows that the cookies that guys that make fucking suck. It's also most likely just one shitty flavor too. Probably Shit flavor like your signature.

There's not even a picture of the cookie for crying out loud. Hell even Wirhe had a nice little animation for his advertisment.

Bad Advertisment, Bad Gimmic = Bad Signature.

F

Hobobaggins = Aahh... so your the moron that made the small boxes for NSW. Your white boxes don't stand out in this picture like how NSW's boxes don't match his avatar. There's over 200 million different colors and you choose white. Are you color blind? Hell I think NSW's boxes are black. Not everything is in black and white. Apparently you should have figured that out because your name is covered in red. The small boxes are rediculously small in comparasion to the signature size.

Your name is rediculously jagged and unreadable. You probably thought "cHiCKeN sCrAtcHeEs R cOoOL!!!"
Idiot.

F

Xris = Since you're enforcing the rules, why don't you get a signature yourself so the rest of us can model our signatures after yours?

F

Thany = Low quality, and a horrible crop. Exactly what the hell is sticking out of her ass? Grainy and unsighty, I rather watch the shit squirm out of my ass then continue to look at this very unsightly signature. Heck I'm going to do that right now. Go get a different style border too. Thany your a pervert too. Just look at the position the girl is in. She's just bending over ready to recieve something which is probably the long white tentacle with a ribbon on.

Why the hell is there a ribbon anyways?

F
Old 2004-10-08, 15:40   Link #4977
Yuiichi
Retired.

Wow... calm down there aahhsin... no need to bust a blood vessel...

Thany: Hrmm... yeah, its not just you, the image is just a tad blurry. Neko girls are cute anyways, even if they are blurry. Your border is not as good as usual though... 9.1/10

hobobaggins: I like this new sig... following in the footsteps of Oujirou sort of i guess... with the text placement and the image choice. 9.6/10

Also, to anyone who wondered, the transparent text in my sig says "love never fails". Also, my image is from the series Interlude. Good anime, 3 part OVA, go check it out ^_^
Old 2004-10-08, 18:07   Link #4978
Shin Kell
The Feral Cat!

Send a message via MSN to Shin Kell
JaXter It's ok. I don't really like the background that much, the closeup of the guys face looks grainy and a littl blurry. The way you did your name is pretty cool though 7.5/10

hobobaggins I didn't even notice the white boxes until someone pointed it out . The text is really neat, sorta like a tatoo or she got bored and decided to write people name on herself. Border or no border it's nice 8.5/10

Thany Just a little blurry but a cute cat girl makes it all better 9/10

Yuiichi Thats a really pretty image. The text isn't too hard to make out, the N looks kinda like an H but that may just be me. 9/10

I don't know if my new sig makes any sense, but it made sense to me when I was working on it, if that makes any sense heh.
Old 2004-10-08, 18:54   Link #4979
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
sarcasteak: i forgot if i already rated yours but i'll just do it agn. very kute and nice border ^.^......8.5/10
Old 2004-10-08, 19:25   Link #4980
Avaj
?!!

Shin Kell Thats pretty funny, and oh so true. It's good but I like your Avatar even more. 9/10
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature