AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 11:08   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Maybe because it reminds of Gintama @_@?
I can't blame you for thinking that. The manga is very much like Gintama, so you'll be pleased in that regard.
Old 2011-03-30, 09:40   Link #42
LKK

Crunchyroll announced that it will simulcast Sket Dance episodes starting April 7. Premium subscribers will be able to watch the episodes 30 minutes after they air in Japan. Free users will be able to watch the episodes 1 week after they air. Free users have some regional restrictions; however for premium subscribers, the episodes will be available world-wide. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 15:11   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second season of Gintama and now this on CR. My spring season viewing is complete.
Old 2011-04-02, 14:40   Link #44
Katapan
俺様祭り

The OP song (Kakkowarui I love you! by French Kiss) can be heard here. A sigh of relief from me... an AKB48 song can easily go wrong (though the French Kiss subunit tends to put out better songs, imo), but this one's surprisingly decent and worthy of being the OP to Sket Dance. :P

Five days left! I've been holding off on reading the manga for a while, I know the series is right up my alley but I didn't want to spoil the anime fun... I can hardly wait anymore.
Old 2011-04-02, 16:57   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That song totally fits Sket Dance.

Any news on what pillows song the ED will be? A new song?
Old 2011-04-02, 17:05   Link #46
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
That song totally fits Sket Dance.

Any news on what pillows song the ED will be? A new song?
W-woah there. The ED to this show is going to be by the pillows? Goodness! I was already keen on checking it out since you told me that it was a detective-ish JUMP show on the Bakuman thread, but this is the reason now! It's been AGES since I've last heard of them, and I'm just a huge fan of theirs.

Waiting for more information, too. But, meanwhile, let's tune to some Ride on Shooting Star and Last Dinosaur!
Old 2011-04-02, 17:57   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
W-woah there. The ED to this show is going to be by the pillows? Goodness! I was already keen on checking it out since you told me that it was a detective-ish JUMP show on the Bakuman thread, but this is the reason now! It's been AGES since I've last heard of them, and I'm just a huge fan of theirs.

Waiting for more information, too. But, meanwhile, let's tune to some Ride on Shooting Star and Last Dinosaur!
The mangaka, Kenta Shinohara is a huge fan of the pillows, so he probably called in a lot of favours for this to happen.

Let's just say, it wouldn't be a Sket Dance anime without them.
Old 2011-04-06, 23:25   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Only a few hours now until the first episode. Shame i'll be at work , though believe me when i say i'll be running home after i finish.
Old 2011-04-07, 08:47   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2011-04-07, 09:37   Link #50
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
tch they withheld the pillows ED until next episode, but overall I enjoyed the first episode. Pretty cool OP, makes me think this might run a little longer than usual if they're willing to show a bunch of the characters like that.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:04   Link #51
Taufiq91

What happens when you combine Gintama with Ookami-san?

You get Sket Dance, and i love it!

Ryoko Shiraishi, Tomokazu Sugita & Tomokazu Seki in one anime? Fun.

The shounen-esque battle scenes are really cool, and it balances well with the pacing of this series. The high school kind of resembles the school from the game "Bully", but atleast it doesn't look ridiculous like other anime high schools out there.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, and i can't wait to see more of this. Since i love stuff like Haruhi Suzumiya, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Ookami-san (I'm a sucker for kickass anime school clubs), i'll definitely gonna love this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The mangaka, Kenta Shinohara is a huge fan of the pillows, so he probably called in a lot of favours for this to happen.

Let's just say, it wouldn't be a Sket Dance anime without them.
If the Pillows is doing the ED, i'm going to tell Adult Swim guys to air this once it's licensed in the US. They love FLCL so much that i think they'd air anything related to FLCL, especially The Pillows
Old 2011-04-07, 11:38   Link #52
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Episode was good. I was actually pretty impressed with the production values for this episode, though I suppose that the first episode episode will always look good. The music was easily the best part about it, very energetic and fun.

As for the content ... it was okay I guess. I mean I'm a huge fan of Sket Dance, but even I wasn't exactly excited for what was happening here.

It was still a pretty good introductory episode. We were shown our main trio, had the setting set up, the clubs functionality etc. and all the trio sounded as great as they did in the drama CD.

that being said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
tch they withheld the pillows ED until next episode.
rageeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

But yeah, the OP leaves me optimistic that this might be a 52 episode show, considering how many characters. I certinaly hope that's the case since I need a long running show like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 1:
Spoiler for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 1:
Spoiler for :
[QUOTE=Taufiq91;3561451I enjoyed the hell out of it, and i can't wait to see more of this. Since i love stuff like Haruhi Suzumiya, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Ookami-san (I'm a sucker for kickass anime school clubs), i'll definitely gonna love this.[/QUOTE]Then your going to love this anime, though I should mention that it doesn't have a supernatural element as the other series that you've mentioned, but it still up there as one of the most fun school club anime.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:51   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm rather pleased with the first episode. Production value is decent, score fits and the voice acting is perfect. One of my main worries about the adaptation was how the jokes would be delivered, though after the first episode i can thankfully say the worries are no more. It takes the series a handful of chapters before the hilarious material kicks in, though for now it's enough to let the new viewers know what to expect with the series.

I haven't heard a role by Shiraishi Ryoko that wasn't good, so i have nothing put praise for her Himeko. She did such a good job of her cute and angry side. Sugita Tomokazu as Switch is just :3. I like how they added a bit of a robot voice to go with the program, along with keeping the keyboard tapping noise. It's there, and doesn't take over the speech, which does the job. Hiroyuki Yoshino as Bossun just flat out fits nicely.

OP shows a lot of side characters which is always nice. It's uncertain yet how long this anime will last, so fingers crossed it'll be long running. Pretty that there's no ED yet. I'm dying to know if it'll be a new or previous song by the pillows.
Old 2011-04-07, 13:02   Link #54
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2011-04-07, 13:40   Link #55
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-04-07, 15:14   Link #56
RedWing

Not sure what feelings or enjoyment this show is supposed to give. Is it supposed to be a comedy? I can't think of a single funny moment in the entire thing. Is it supposed to be a mystery? There was no tension, no setup and nothing to lose. Is it supposed to be action? I thing Dragon Ball Z had better action scenes than this. Is it supposed to be an encouraging, uplifting show for kids? Then I see no point in further wasting my time.

Why is it so cliché? And it doesn't even seem to be aware of how cliché it is. First episode and we have the ever evil school bully, the action girl who can beat up boys (oooh such a new concept), the super geek, a transfer student (good god), and the main character who looks like he was designed by committee. Really? Is this the best that they can come up with? What does every character have to be such a trope? Do normal people not go to Japanese schools anymore?

Shounen is dead and its stuff like this that killed it.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:02   Link #57
Wakan Tanka

A club called "Sket Dance" to help the helpless and do any "odd job"..I dare say that it's a corrupted version of Gintama, yup.
Old 2011-04-07, 18:09   Link #58
ZODDGUTS

Anyways good first ep. Things will only get better once the other characters are introduce.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:10   Link #59
PzIVf3

This story is like a fraternity war.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 19:38   Link #60
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Not sure what feelings or enjoyment this show is supposed to give. Is it supposed to be a comedy? I can't think of a single funny moment in the entire thing. Is it supposed to be a mystery? There was no tension, no setup and nothing to lose. Is it supposed to be action? I thing Dragon Ball Z had better action scenes than this. Is it supposed to be an encouraging, uplifting show for kids? Then I see no point in further wasting my time.

Why is it so cliché? And it doesn't even seem to be aware of how cliché it is. First episode and we have the ever evil school bully, the action girl who can beat up boys (oooh such a new concept), the super geek, a transfer student (good god), and the main character who looks like he was designed by committee. Really? Is this the best that they can come up with? What does every character have to be such a trope? Do normal people not go to Japanese schools anymore?
This was largely my reaction to the show too, especially the transfer student. I did get a few laughs out of Switch, although the most interesting thing for me was trying to figure out what kind of laptop he was using (Elitebook? Thinkpad?).

I'll give it a few episodes to get going though since everyone else seems to be saying it picks up later.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen