Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-15, 06:06   Link #2101
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... So they're still limiting regions, if slightly less strict than before. That's a 180 on their previous 180. Looks like the circle is now complete.
At this point we can safely determine that MS has physical difficulties in producing their consoles. Any strategic decisions would have been made when they released the 21 nations number. This 13 nations change is made without any action on Sony's part, so this suggest it was not a response to what Sony did. It was a response to something unexpected happening.

MS, of course, try to give it a positive spin as usual.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:15   Link #2102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
MS, of course, try to give it a positive spin as usual.
In their defense, they're being rather truthful about it this time. While it's voiced in a typical marketing tone, the statement's essentially saying "yeah, we wanted to release it in every country we promised, but we realized it's more difficult than we thought. Sorry about that."

There's no bullshit spin this time. Just "yeah, we fucked up and we apologize."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 06:19   Link #2103
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
In their defense, they're being rather truthful about it this time. While it's voiced in a typical marketing tone, the statement's essentially saying "yeah, we wanted to release it in every country we promised, but we realized it's more difficult than we thought. Sorry about that."

I said it before, and I just want to say it again, that I look forward to watching a full backstory documentary on the release of XB1 in five years time. It would be a cracking tale. It wouldn't be any where as tragic or fatal as the fall of the Dreamcast, but it would make a good TV drama.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:57   Link #2104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I said it before, and I just want to say it again, that I look forward to watching a full backstory documentary on the release of XB1 in five years time. It would be a cracking tale. It wouldn't be any where as tragic or fatal as the fall of the Dreamcast, but it would make a good TV drama.
You know just for fun, they should have a comical subplot over at the Sony side where everybody was busy drawing up plans for war, but just before they were about to execute their maneuver, they received word that MS tripped over themselves.

Every. Time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 07:23   Link #2105
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Honestly, there is no positive way to spin this at all.

Ultimately, the message is that their promised '21 countries' is cut down to 13. No amount of excuses will change that. In fact, trying to spin it will only make it worse for Microsoft, because that will make it look like they're trying to evade their initial commitment.

The bitter pill is the only pill for something like this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 07:40   Link #2106
Witch of Uncertainty

I agree. No matter how you spin it, a lot of us will get the console months after the 13 countries getting it.
To be honest, it sucks really hard for us. I don't care about excuses, and I do understand that they will focus on America, but that doesn't make me any happier. I wanted this console for christmas, and I was told I would be able to. Now I wont.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 19:11   Link #2107
GrimJack

Quote:
similar to the movie about Phillip Morris trying to invent the "smokeless cigarette" it didn't end well lets put it that way.
Old 2013-08-18, 19:28   Link #2108
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ubisoft Xbox One Kinect game Fighter Within leaked

Quote:
Fighter Within is the latest next-gen IP from Ubisoft, a cached page for the game on the company’s website reveals.

The game, which will likely be announced at Gamescom this week, is a fighting simulator that utilizes Xbox One’s improved Kinect to “provide you the excitement of a real fight.”
Lol, the excitement of a real fight
Old 2013-08-18, 19:33   Link #2109
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ubisoft Xbox One Kinect game Fighter Within leaked

Hopefully this is a lot better than the Kinect Self Defense Training Camp. Lol..."aim for the balls".
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:43   Link #2110
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Eagerly anticipating the inevitable Youtube vids. This game is going to be a nightmare for MS's lawyers
Old 2013-08-18, 20:46   Link #2111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Unless it has Dark Souls level of punishment, you'll never feel the "excitement of a real fight"
Old 2013-08-18, 20:56   Link #2112
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I agree. No matter how you spin it, a lot of us will get the console months after the 13 countries getting it.
To be honest, it sucks really hard for us. I don't care about excuses, and I do understand that they will focus on America, but that doesn't make me any happier. I wanted this console for christmas, and I was told I would be able to. Now I wont.
This is the bottom line, really.

If the XBox One didn't already have loads of controversy swirling around it, and if it didn't already have plenty of hard feelings resulting from its decisions (and then its 180s on those decisions), then this latest issue would probably be a minor PR hit.

But as is, it contributes to a growing narrative surrounding the console that is going to be increasingly hard for Microsoft to overcome.

People tend to associate certain products with certain ideas and things. Marketers know this well, and hence aim for the products they market to seem "cool", "relaxing", "hip", "powerful", "fun", etc... They want potential consumers to associate the product with desirable emotions and experiences.

But right now, the XBox One is primarily making people think "disappointment". That mental association is going to be hard to break, as its been building up for months now, over a wide assortment of different issues.

Even if the XBox One sells decently well, the Xbox brand itself has really taken a nasty hit over the past few months. It may not be fatal, but it means that Microsoft's gaming division has its work cut out for them going forward.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:00   Link #2113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is the bottom line, really.

If the XBox One didn't already have loads of controversy swirling around it, and if it didn't already have plenty of hard feelings resulting from its decisions (and then its 180s on those decisions), then this latest issue would probably be a minor PR hit.
I think even worse than those are their statements surrounding those policies. Stuff like #dealwithit, "We have an offline device, it's called the 360.", "Wanting backwards compatibility would really make you backwards."

And all those developers like Peter Molyneux defending those policies are just adding fuel to the fire.
Old 2013-08-18, 22:21   Link #2114
Veviticus

Real excitement of a fight.... through air punching. Doesn't sound good but I'm curious to see how much the new kinect has improved
Old 2013-08-18, 22:46   Link #2115
Shadow5YA

This is from the official xbox youtube channel.

Images
screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I like how an Xbox game has Playstation button prompts.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 04:02   Link #2116
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh my God, just when I thought they couldn't fail any harder they prove me dead wrong. That's just hilarious and sad right there.
Old 2013-08-19, 05:00   Link #2117
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Oh my God, just when I thought they couldn't fail any harder they prove me dead wrong. That's just hilarious and sad right there.
It's not fail if it's routine
Old 2013-08-19, 05:07   Link #2118
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
It's not fail if it's routine
The weird part is that this might not be MS's fault. Watch Dogs just hand over the trailer to MS without using the XB1 to make the video.

What is worrying, is that the studio believe the PS4 dev kit gave the best results to make a trailer out of. That's not a vote of confidence for Xbox1.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:23   Link #2119
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Here's something for you guys to think on, unconfirmed rumors from cboat on neogaf which have a reputation to be true.

- No live stream for real reasons. Xbone architecture is still not fully completed. The latest version of the SDK a couple of weeks ago dropped performance by 15-20% across the board. Now before you get mad at MS, this happens ALL THE TIME in console development and it will eventually be fixed, but no chance for an early October release or...

- ... certainly not for all 21 countries. "Localization" is absolute one hundred percent BS. Period. TRUTHFACT. An excuse nobody with common sense would consider. Look at the countries dropped. Cross reference against languages spoken, official and otherwise in said countries. I said there were yield issues two months ago and the chicks have come home to roost. Knock offs for launch titles, and SmartGlass, etc. instead of the 180's "one coherent vision". Paying the price now.

- Late October launch for the PS4. Sony's SDK is ready, you can basically master it to a final release right now. Today.

- If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta's sequel going to Wii U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what Microsoft is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs are in play too, but Kamiyatown is the only one I'm solid on. Game is NOT for North America or Europe, by the way, which makes no sense but whatever.

- Bigpark has canceled their MOBA project, shifted entirely to TV focus. Dev talent to Big Tusk or gone completely. Rare on Kinect.

- New MS indie policy not finalized, details post-launch

- Apologies in advance. Everything I saw over the last 24 months was that there's no chance of a Kinect-less SKU. It was a solid concrete decision, firm as a beach volleyball buttocks, no matter what other changes have been going on around here.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:48   Link #2120
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

CBOAT also added that there might be a chance for console with no Kinect if things go to hell by March. It's near the end of his post. So everything depends on how badly the console sells in the next 6 months.