AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 21:40   Link #5281
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Unless you have a way to deal with the virus, the best bet the Special Force 6 have in fighting against them are Touma, Isis and the Strike Cannons, and all are loose cannons so far. Of course, you can take the easy option of threatening Touma's family and friends to force him to use Divide Zero Eclipse again but then there is no fun right?
That's why i used the line "if Tsuzuki ever allows her" i know he don't want to have his precious huckebein being touched by non other than Tohma. But until the resolutions come i can still dream isn't? T-T

EDIT: Page claimed for Bushido T-T

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:42   Link #5282
rxrx

Well to be fair, Signum is the superior swordswoman in my opinion as compared to Cypher. Hope this rise your spirits.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:45   Link #5283
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Still, Curren herself seemed to have become Hayate's personal vendetta

Even if we see the scene where Signum visited by Hayate and the others, there is no such "Blood Brothers/Sisters" term in this series so far.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:49   Link #5284
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post

Even if we see the scene where Signum visited by Hayate and the others, there is no such "Blood Brothers/Sisters" term in this series so far.
Maybe cause Curren is all Hayate want to be yet cannot be? In terms of handling affairs and not the personality though. After all, Hayate has cried murder at how some TSAB top officals are useless and she is bound by rules and cannot do what is moral right when it crosses over with overall right.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:54   Link #5285
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Yup, for now, Curren seems to have the upper hand on Hayate in pretty much everything(stronger, smarter, better warrior family, top secret info, etc...). that why i wonder if Tsuzuki will allow Hayate to somehow best her at some point.

Quote:
Yeah, a bit dissapointing but as an advisor told me on another site, i'll hope this was just means Signum is hidding her fangs until the right moment. Doubtfull since the Force Trio and Subaru are the heroes but we'll see.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 22:55   Link #5286
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yup, for now, Curren seems to have the upper hand on Hayate in pretty much everything(stronger, smarter, better warrior family, top secret info, etc...). that why i wonder if Tsuzuki will allow Hayate to somehow best her at some point.
But in terms of personality, was clearly different. Hayate is a person who really care about anyone, even those that are not human though, She believes that anyone who hurts them, it can not be forgiven.

While Curren herself, she is an easygoing person. Judging by her personality and her attitude, she seemed happy to notice, even toying with person who in trouble, especially Hayate. Even she seemed to not want to care about the affairs and the suffering of others.

If you read from Ch. 13 until the current chapter, as well as you watching Durarara!!, you can see the similarities between Hayate and Curren with Shizuo and Izaya. Hayate is a representative of Shizuo and Curren is an representative of Izaya.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:02   Link #5287
rxrx

Or she might think that Hayate is too optimistic in a crap sack world. To note, I think almost all the members of the Hukebein have led a crappish life involve with politics, money, TSAB or just the plain cruel world before they obtain their powers. Thus when they do, they do what they want and only care for those close to them instead of the majority as that is more normal compared to the saint like Nanoha, Fate and Hayate.

Very nice I think as you will never know the guy shooting you is a loving father and doing it for his family and seriously, nobody cares anyway.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:26   Link #5288
Justin_Brett

Quote:
He says he might have a good life living as a Nakajima but will feel empty somewhere as he will not know the truth of the village slaughtered and can never do anything about it.
That...doesn't make any sense. Why would not meeting Lily mean he'd never find whoever did it?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:29   Link #5289
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That...doesn't make any sense. Why would not meeting Lily mean he'd never find whoever did it?
To add insult to the injury. Tohma didn't even know who attacked his village yet. He only knows the Huckebein didn't.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 00:34   Link #5290
rxrx

Quote:
Let me get back to you after work where I have time to listen to that part again.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:59   Link #5291
LostSome

Quote:
Because he was about to give up.
That was his plan anyway and he was actually mad at the fact that he did find the ones with the mark he was looking for.
If not for Lily, he never would have found about the Eclipse and all the rest and got back to school.
He actually meet Isis because he was looking for clothes for Lily...
One little thing leading to another.

TSAB officially classified what happened at the mine as an accident...
Thoma himself doesn`t believe that and he`s sure that the gunblade and book duo are responsible.
Veyron believes him and it seems he is looking in it.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:24   Link #5292
Justin_Brett

Glad to see he takes such a defeatist stance toward revenge, then.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:28   Link #5293
rxrx

Quote:
Well before getting the virus, Touma is not even a mage capable of combat. I think it was said that he lacks mana supply, at C level only. So, it is quite understandable that he has such a stance on revenge. Getting the Ecplise did not change much as he have seen first hand how much damage it can do. One thing is sure though, he has not forgotten about revenge yet.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:29   Link #5294
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
The kid didn't even has a clue about the culprits, was tired of wandering alone for years, a good-caring family with strong and gentle people is ready to adopt him and he wasn't even a proper "mage fighter" at the moment. I think he was pretty much justified to choose forgetting the past and start a new life with his new caring family.

Awww... Ninja'd xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 01:35   Link #5295
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Well before getting the Ecplise, Touma is not even a mage capable of combat. I think it was said that he lacks mana supply, at C level only. So, it is quite understandable that he has such a stance on revenge. Getting the Ecplise did not change much as he have seen first hand how much damage it can do. One thing is sure though, he has not forgotten about revenge yet.
The way he jumped on Veyron with a weapon he just stolen and with no fighting experience...
I think revenge can pretty much blind any common sense he might have when facing those past demons.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:35   Link #5296
Justin_Brett

About that - is knowing about the Eclipse even a hint? Maybe I forgot something, but just because someone blew up a town doesn't mean they were infected. Just means they were kind of an asshole.

And yeah, that's pretty logical reasoning, but revenge really isn't ever logical. The logical thing would be to not go out looking at all since they killed a whole town of people mercilessly.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:38   Link #5297
LostSome

The mark and the gunblade-book.
How many gunblades did we see before the Eclipse ?
Old 2012-01-13, 01:39   Link #5298
Justin_Brett

Every weapon like that is Eclipse-affiliated, then? The Florian sisters both have similar Devices (I think), and they've got nothing to do with Force at all.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:39   Link #5299
rxrx

Quote:
About that - is knowing about the Eclipse even a hint? Maybe I forgot something, but just because someone blew up a town doesn't mean they were infected. Just means they were kind of an asshole.

And yeah, that's pretty logical reasoning, but revenge really isn't ever logical. The logical thing would be to not go out looking at all since they killed a whole town of people mercilessly.
More like Touma knows logically that he should not go for revenge, but when he finally meets the killer or would be killer, he will lose it. Heck, the Hukes so far has been shown not to be the killers but once the real ones appear and they smug about killing and destroying the village, he will go nuts on the person.

I think if Touma have a higher rank in magic and was pick up by anyone else, he will go for the revenge route.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:57   Link #5300
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Every weapon like that is Eclipse-affiliated, then? The Florian sisters both have similar Devices (I think), and they've got nothing to do with Force at all.
It's less "every gunblade is an eclipse weapon" and more "some eclipse weapons are gunblades"

So far, we've also seen different devices wielded by eclipse. Cypha's swords, Curren's katana, Stella's ship, Veyron's claw, DeVille's axe, mookeclipse's powerfists, quite a few really.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force