Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 15:08   Link #381
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm still annoyed about "hey, you get to fly, but only in tiny stupid areas and the pvp zone!"

I can understand not flying in buildings, but this is just lazy game design. It reduces flight from a game mechanic to a gimmick.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:11   Link #382
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm still annoyed about "hey, you get to fly, but only in tiny stupid areas and the pvp zone!"

I can understand not flying in buildings, but this is just lazy game design. It reduces flight from a game mechanic to a gimmick.
Yea... that was one of my major hates to the game.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:12   Link #383
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

After finishing the 2nd zone you quest in (Asmodian = Altgard) (Elyos = Verteron). You get a free level 30 wing that would have costed you 1 million kinah to pay for. You can also get flight serums to increase flight time, these wings increase flight time by an extra 2 mins I believe.

I also see that movement can really help in battles. Just faced a blue-equipped level 26 Assassin on my poorly equipped level 22 Templar. Almost won against him except for the fact I need more accuracy to hit him since it was just (Dodge, Dodge, Dodge). While also making using of moving sideways, and backwards for the extra defense. Also Steel Wall Defense I is my little cheat-sheet against damage till my cooldowns are off

Dueling can really show what you need to improve on against other classes.. I got utterly destroyed by a level 25 Sorcerer with that shield of theirs. There are also various elements that can increase Flight Speed if you feel too slow. While I feel you only use your wings in combat when you're chasing a target, or if you want the extra benefit when you have wings out. To get an advantage against the enemies.

When you quest in the Abyss at level 25, you'll get most of your money from questing there. While also being able to fly freely when there, since the lore sort of explains why you can't fly anywhere else besides base cities at your zones.. Also be warned... You may get highly-equipped players if you decide to (I'll just say Elyos zones since most of you guys play that side) quest in Eltnen... Sofiel and I had to face 2 level 40 fully PvP geared Rangers with our level 29-31 Templar/Enchanter. I would have almost killed one, if it wasn't for the fact they kept kiting me.

We also have Elyos characters on Siel. Just that playing the side that has the most players makes us feel bad. So we pick Asmodian on Kahrun.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:15   Link #384
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
To me it just seemed silly after NCsoft alread put out a game where you could fly fucking everywhere--City of Heroes. Why the step backwards?
Old 2012-04-16, 15:21   Link #385
Xion Valkyrie

Failed 2 hearts since I've started playing again =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:06   Link #386
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
We also have Elyos characters on Siel. Just that playing the side that has the most players makes us feel bad. So we pick Asmodian on Kahrun.
I think I'm going to make an asmodian on Kahrun too, not sure what to make since I already have a gladiator, sorc and chanter above 20 on Siel. Maybe an assassin.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:29   Link #387
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Assassin, Gladiator, and Enchanter seem to be the top classes ever since they fixed some issues with them. So I stuck with Templar, also because I like tanking. If anyone that's new to Aion needs help. I can give some info as I cross them.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:03   Link #388
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Assassin, Gladiator, and Enchanter seem to be the top classes ever since they fixed some issues with them. So I stuck with Templar, also because I like tanking. If anyone that's new to Aion needs help. I can give some info as I cross them.
You mean Chanter?

Just failed my 4th Hot Heart of Magic proc. At 5 mil a pop these attempts aren't cheap considering I don't make that much money as it is. Starting to remind me of why I quit this game. At this rate, I might just be wearing my random level 30/40 gear until I hit 60...

Anyways, some screenies:
Spoiler:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 06:28   Link #389
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You mean Chanter?

Just failed my 4th Hot Heart of Magic proc. At 5 mil a pop these attempts aren't cheap considering I don't make that much money as it is. Starting to remind me of why I quit this game. At this rate, I might just be wearing my random level 30/40 gear until I hit 60...

Anyways, some screenies:
Yeah the random nature of the game is a damn killer. I failed 3 times in a row today to put a magic boost stone into my sorc's orb. I don't know why that orb does not want to accept manastones.

Also wow at the screenshots, so much difference from my playing on the lowest all the settings can go.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-04-18, 06:43   Link #390
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It seems that they are banning foreign players too. Upon me logging in, they disconnect me from the server.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 07:05   Link #391
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow, that sucks I wish they wouldn't do IP bans. does it hurt their servers or something? or are they just jerks....
Old 2012-04-18, 15:57   Link #392
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah the random nature of the game is a damn killer. I failed 3 times in a row today to put a magic boost stone into my sorc's orb. I don't know why that orb does not want to accept manastones.

Also wow at the screenshots, so much difference from my playing on the lowest all the settings can go.
Xacual, try socketing manastones that are level 20 to gear that has up to level 30 manastones. The lower the manastone level is, the higher percentage of getting it. Which is why I always socket level 10 manastones to my level 20 gear. Gives a 95% success rate on my end, except when it comes to crit stones. Basically my method is to stay on a -10 manastone level from my current gear level. Then when I reach the highest level, I exploit all the supplements to make sure they succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It seems that they are banning foreign players too. Upon me logging in, they disconnect me from the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wow, that sucks I wish they wouldn't do IP bans. does it hurt their servers or something? or are they just jerks....
It's to prevent people who speak Spanish from going on English-speaking servers. Ever since Aion went free to play, I saw about 20 legions fully dedicated to Spanish names, and the LFG chat flooded with people speaking Spanish. So I had no idea what to do on a NA server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You mean Chanter?
My mistake

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-04-18 at 16:20.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 18:04   Link #393
Xacual

Quote:
Xacual, try socketing manastones that are level 20 to gear that has up to level 30 manastones. The lower the manastone level is, the higher percentage of getting it. Which is why I always socket level 10 manastones to my level 20 gear. Gives a 95% success rate on my end, except when it comes to crit stones. Basically my method is to stay on a -10 manastone level from my current gear level. Then when I reach the highest level, I exploit all the supplements to make sure they succeed.
That makes sense, I have a ton of lower level manastones too.

Old 2012-04-18, 18:18   Link #394
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Enhancement Stones = Higher Level = Higher Success
Manastones = Lower Level = Higher Success

Is what I gathered.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:37   Link #395
Xacual

Quote:
Enhancement Stones = Higher Level = Higher Success
Manastones = Lower Level = Higher Success

Is what I gathered.
I guess I just fall into the natural bend of wanting to put the best stuff I have in my gear gained from other games.

Old 2012-04-18, 18:42   Link #396
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

No worries I used to do that as well. Till I just decided to leave that for when I'm at max level. Since I was still using level 55 Death Knight starting gear in WoW. Till level 68 right when I just decided to skip to Northrend.
Old 2012-04-18, 22:02   Link #397
iceyfw

so what server is good for world pvp, if any, and has a boatload of players always playing?
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 02:17   Link #398
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright I got unblocked, and I decide to try out warrior. Probably going Gladiator-Polearm.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:38   Link #399
Xacual

Well polearms are gladiator weapons so you would be correct in doing so . Greatswords are more for templars to use.

Old 2012-04-19, 03:56   Link #400
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well polearms are gladiator weapons so you would be correct in doing so . Greatswords are more for templars to use.
Considering that my character is supposed to be named after a greatsword wielding tsundere chick, I find her using the polearm a little odd.

But at least she deals out damage like no tomorrow.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows