Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 13:11   Link #1261
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
The power of social media. Twitter, Facebook, YT, Reddit etc. and every little problem will be posted on the Internet. That's why people are jumping to conclusions.
There is that quote in Men in Black that just summarize what social media people kind of are.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

A person will research what is really the cause while some people just jump to conclusion and people will just go like a pack of cattle believing it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 13:37   Link #1262
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yeah, as I said- they are a lot of isolated issues compared to the actual amount that is working. If people expect Xbox One's launch to be all rosy then they are grasping at straws.
I wouldn't classify them as isolated issues just yet when the sample size is so small. Personally i expect both console to have their own issues. Sony have been lacking in the software and networking side since the last gen and MS has had hardware problem last gen. Both consoles this generation is rushed through the door if you look at how much features unavailable at launch so expect plenty of teething problems on both side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
The power of social media. Twitter, Facebook, YT, Reddit etc. and every little problem will be posted on the Internet. That's why people are jumping to conclusions.
It's the internet, we'll be seeing more issues surface faster than ever before with so many people connected and sharing via social network unlike previous consoles where we have to rely on companies and media to report on it. While it does create a lot of false panic, it also meant feedbacks are reaching the company faster than ever.
Old 2013-11-16, 13:52   Link #1263
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I wouldn't classify them as isolated issues just yet when the sample size is so small. Personally i expect both console to have their own issues. Sony have been lacking in the software and networking side since the last gen and MS has had hardware problem last gen. Both consoles this generation is rushed through the door if you look at how much features unavailable at launch so expect plenty of teething problems on both side.
Definitely. It's not just the console makers either.

With reports of CoD patch that was supposed to enhance performance... screwed up the game even further according to Jeff Gerstmann. And with ACIV getting a AA & 1080p patch.

I just hope it doesn't become the norm with large publishers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you guys didn't keep up with GiantBomb's stream yesterday... you guys need to see this

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:31   Link #1264
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
That's good. I've been looking up first impressions of the gameplay on YT for like an hour, hoping for at least one person to compare the games or just mention something related. NO ONE HAS
They are all streaming via Twitch using PS4's feature, as far as I see, so it's no surprise you don't see any on Youtube.
Old 2013-11-16, 15:58   Link #1265
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
They are all streaming via Twitch using PS4's feature, as far as I see, so it's no surprise you don't see any on Youtube.
Yeah, it's an amazing app. Very simple and easy to use. Wonder if it'll be the same on Xbox One.
Old 2013-11-16, 21:28   Link #1266
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
There are actually quite a few "first impressions" videos of the game on YT; it's just that the ones doing the impressions are either new to the series or experienced KZ players that are just not talking about the stuff I want to hear lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:46   Link #1267
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Sony confirmed selling 1 million unit on day one on the NA launch. I think that puts the seemingly high number of failure report in context.

Old 2013-11-17, 06:13   Link #1268
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Is it true the PS4 has a "Blue light of Death"?
Old 2013-11-17, 06:20   Link #1269
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

More like "Red light of Death".
Old 2013-11-17, 06:46   Link #1270
Zexas

Quote:
Sony confirmed selling 1 million unit on day one on the NA launch. I think that puts the seemingly high number of failure report in context.
1m SOLD. 1% failure rate got you 10,000 complainers. But usually for electronic it's around 3-6% which would be 30,000 to 60,000.

anyway congrats sony.
Old 2013-11-17, 08:04   Link #1271
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It does but unlike the 360, it isn't overheating related. Won't know whether the PS4 will suffer overheating problem like the old 360 did until people put it through it's pace for a bit longer.

Most known issues reported so far seems to be related to bad HDMI port and the Blue Light of Death issue hasn't been explained yet.
Old 2013-11-17, 08:39   Link #1272
Sagi

I'll just wait until it drops in price to get one, there's no reason to get one right now. Its now backward compatible with ps3 games or
games that you have purchase digitally.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 09:07   Link #1273
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Its a rare occurrence, it does indeed but isn't overheating related. However, it even occurring is a problem. No doubt it will be resolved in a matter of time.
Quote:
It does but unlike the 360, it isn't overheating related. Won't know whether the PS4 will suffer overheating problem like the old 360 did until people put it through it's pace for a bit longer.

Most known issues reported so far seems to be related to bad HDMI port and the Blue Light of Death issue hasn't been explained yet.
I believe it is better to not forcefully trying to find the problem. Unless you can have Dez Bryant buy you another PS4. Otherwise, wait and research online with the major gaming sites on information. They got the money to spend all they want, after all its their job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
I'll just wait until it drops in price to get one, there's no reason to get one right now. Its now backward compatible with ps3 games or
games that you have purchase digitally.
I agree, plus it is the winter season. Game releases are very low this time of year. Not only that, there are still issues with release, like all gaming consoles first starting out, there are no exceptions. IF you wishto get your gaming console now, it is a matter of bragging rights rather than any advantage. Plus you will deal with the problems at release.

After a couple of months, those issues will be resolves and there is the chance of upgrading the system itself if one is patience enough. I would recommend Spring or Summer to start buying, i plan to buy at the Summer as well. Many games will be out during that time. Hardware issues will be resolved and a chance of the console being upgraded. Playstation Network will be fully in stock of fresh free games with reviews already out about them. The multiplayer experience will be flushed out and be fix of its issues. As well, accessories will be out so if you hope to customized your PS4, you will be waiting until Spring and summer once they release them in huge numbers so buying your PS4 in those time are perfect for timing.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-11-17 at 11:04.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 10:54   Link #1274
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

We do not know if this is including the 1 million who also pre-ordered, iirc.

Congrats Sony though. Great stride.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:58   Link #1275
defki

Shipping 1 million is already big but selling 1 million to consumers in 24h is just insane. Biggest console launch ever iirc and that's only one region. Europe will beat that number. Well done Sony.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 12:00   Link #1276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...For some reason, I thought this looked badass on Neogaf

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 12:10   Link #1277
defki

It is badass and I want a wallpaper version of this.

Got to admit Sony has a really great Playstation team.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 12:46   Link #1278
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It actually has a "Red Light" that shows up when the system is overheating (and this is confirmed by Sony btw) but so far I haven't heard of anyone seeing it actually happen in their systems, it's probably only there as good practice
Old 2013-11-17, 13:33   Link #1279
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
We do not know if this is including the 1 million who also pre-ordered, iirc.

Congrats Sony though. Great stride.
I assume you are talking about pre-ordered units that have not been delivered to the customer. Shuuhei Yoshida have clarified these as sell through unit, basically units that were sold to consumer where else pre-orders can still be cancelled but i've never done retailing so i could be wrong on the terminology. Either way, it's a massive day one number and gave Sony a huge marketing boost. The interesting part will come when Xbox One launches and the Christmas sales number to see where the non-hardcore gamers preference lies.
Old 2013-11-17, 14:04   Link #1280
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I assume you are talking about pre-ordered units that have not been delivered to the customer. Shuuhei Yoshida have clarified these as sell through unit, basically units that were sold to consumer where else pre-orders can still be cancelled but i've never done retailing so i could be wrong on the terminology. Either way, it's a massive day one number and gave Sony a huge marketing boost. The interesting part will come when Xbox One launches and the Christmas sales number to see where the non-hardcore gamers preference lies.
We won't get any clear picture this year since both consoles will undoubtedly be limited by supply. Whatever comes out of the factories will sell so whoever sells more this Christmas is the company that can get the most systems out of the factories.

We'll only get meaningful sales numbers by the end of Q1 or even Q2 2014 unless one of the consoles pulls a Wii U and sees its sales nosedive past the launch window (highly unlikely).