AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-08, 21:43   Link #121
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ It could be an alternative universe like those special episodes where characters throughout the series are in an ancient Japan like place. Other than that, I think the pants are just for looks and the moment a fight breaks out they will disintigrate.
Old 2009-05-09, 00:06   Link #122
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Oda is actually doing the story and Golden Lion is in actual continuity [Both the manga and this movie] so it could tie-in with the story.

I really do dislike the word "canon" being applied to manga, it is all One Piece.
Old 2009-05-09, 00:37   Link #123
james0246

^If you would prefer, you can use the terms 'anime canon', and 'manga canon', but, in the end, it all comes down to Oda and what he says or draws and not what the animation crew decides (To put it another way, West Side Story is not canon for Romeo and Juliet (then again, considering that all stage productions for Romeo and Juliet will be different (whether intentionally or not), the only true 'canon' would be the original Globe Theatre productions...and I just needlessly complicated my point )).

That being said, for something to be considered canon, it must be adhere to the previous rules, regulations, and restrictions placed on the fictional universe by the original creator and not interfere with known future events (this last part, is simply a way to describe what is going on in the Star Trek universe, and other such series, currently). The anime directly contradicts the manga at times, so it is not canon with the fictional universe Oda is creating. The canonical nature of Movie 10 will not be known or understood until the film has actually been released, so discussions of canon should wait until this fall/winter.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-05-09 at 01:04.
Old 2009-05-09, 10:03   Link #124
marvelB

Actually, I don't like using the term "canon" myself when I can help it.... but I just felt like using it for this particular movie, for some reason. Anyway, I suppose that some elements of the movie will apply to the manga's continuity (like Gold Lion Shiki himself, which was already confirmed), but I still highly doubt that both the comic and film will share the same events (like that whole bit about Nami leaving the crew). But, as already mentioned, we'll have to wait until December to find out for certain how the movie will affect the manga's plot.....

....And that reminds me! The anime's getting pretty close to the end of the Sabaody arc, but we still don't know whether or not we'll be getting filler episodes involving the rest of the Straw-Hats! I mean, the anime is about...... 30 or so chapters away from the current one now, yes? The anime team will want to stretch things out a bit, I suppose. So either we get filler episodes involving the rest of the missing Straw-Hats' adventures, or.... the anime team could pull that same stunt they did in Enies Lobby and give us flashback episodes again.
Old 2009-05-09, 11:17   Link #125
syler321

i think filler episodes about the other straw hats will be the best thing,i mean im sure everybody else had an advanture also where they went,so doing a few episodes on each charcter will be cool for the story line....
Old 2009-05-09, 21:00   Link #126
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

I bet that the 10th movie is going to take place right after Brook joined, in that "and now they sailed on after he joined and such" manga segment in chapter 490, following their departure from Thriller Bark. It's just a perfect place to slip in an epic adventure, and epic it will be, because Oda is working on it; enough said.

By the way, my biggest reason for watching this movie so far is because of the clothing. Zoro in a suit=winwinwinwin.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:31   Link #127
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So... anyone's seen these images for movie 10 yet?

Spoiler:

Since this subject was brought up, there is an Oda excerpt in those images [provided by MarvelB] kindly translated...

Quote:
From the page on the left. A comment from Oda:

"At this time, the 10th Anniversary of the cartoon, as a celebration of the 10th film, I've taken on the task of writing the story for the film. Because my name's on it, and I want to show you something clearly different from the other films, I speak with every staff member involved, I've pulled some people in from the outside and I've added all kinds of selfish touches as we move production along. I've drawn over 120 diagrams for the film. And I'm not done yet. Under Supreme Commander Hisamune Sakai, a man responsible for handling many famous pieces, staff from every facet of the film have joined together to form an invinicble force [Lit: 'great rock'] and we're doing nothing less than our very best. Winter 2009! I promise I'll take you all to an incredible world!"
Old 2009-05-11, 11:51   Link #128
syler321

anyones knows if chapter 542 comes out this week?
Old 2009-05-11, 13:39   Link #129
Phenomenal
Banned

Yes, the chapter does come out this week.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:12   Link #130
syler321

niceeee,any idea when?
and im just wondering what ppl think also,after impledown arc and the whitebeard vs shibubukai and all that,how do luffy and all of the otehr straw hats gonna meet?

i know each of them have the vivre card and they all should go and meet up with rayligh but how they gonna do that?
each of them needs to find a ship and from there to start traveling all the way back to the grand line by them selfs or maybe with some ppl they will meet on the way?

what do u guys think?

nami is in skypia so sure shes a navigator so she can find her way maybe to the grand line but still,what about zoro and usoppa and all the others?
zoro is with the horo horo girl from the thriller bark arc right?

so what do u guys think?
Old 2009-05-11, 14:43   Link #131
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
niceeee,any idea when?
We should have some spoilers tommorow for the chapter and the actual chapter won't be released till Thursday or Friday.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:04   Link #132
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
We should have some spoilers tommorow for the chapter and the actual chapter won't be released till Thursday or Friday.
thanks for the info
Old 2009-05-11, 15:28   Link #133
james0246

Just as a minor correction, Nami is not on Skypiea, she is on a Sky Island called Weatheria. Skypiea is a specific cloudmass (with a bit of real land) found in a fairly specific position in the sky (near Jaya). Weatheria is a cloudmass presumably located somewhere along the first part of the Grand Line, which acts as a research institute of sorts, but besides that little is known of the area...yet.
Old 2009-05-11, 17:17   Link #134
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just as a minor correction, Nami is not on Skypiea, she is on a Sky Island called Weatheria. Skypiea is a specific cloudmass (with a bit of real land) found in a fairly specific position in the sky (near Jaya). Weatheria is a cloudmass presumably located somewhere along the first part of the Grand Line, which acts as a research institute of sorts, but besides that little is known of the area...yet.
thanks for the info james,and what about zoro and the others?each of them is in diffrent place right?
Old 2009-05-11, 18:01   Link #135
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
and what about zoro and the others?each of them is in diffrent place right?
That is correct. If you don't mind me asking, did you miss some of the chapters during the Amazon Lily arc? It was there that we saw the whereabouts of each strawhat. You can see where all of them landed in chapters 523 (pages 14-19) and 524 (pages 2-12).
Old 2009-05-11, 18:33   Link #136
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That is correct. If you don't mind me asking, did you miss some of the chapters during the Amazon Lily arc? It was there that we saw the whereabouts of each strawhat. You can see where all of them landed in chapters 523 (pages 14-19) and 524 (pages 2-12).
i forgot a bit where each of them went hehe...
the thing is how all of them are gonna meet?
i mean they dont say if where they are is very from the grand line or no,so if all of them need to go to shabdy arpilego to meet with rayligh how exctly they are gonna do it?

luffy will probably escape with his new temporary crew and find a ship but what about all the others?i mean vivre card or no vivre card dont forget each of the crew memebers bedise sanji and zorro is not that strong by them selfs to enter the grand line alone,dont you agree?
i mean if an admiral or shibubukai finds them in the middle without luffy second and third gear...
Old 2009-05-11, 19:03   Link #137
Perona

Quote:
i forgot a bit where each of them went hehe...
the thing is how all of them are gonna meet?
i mean they dont say if where they are is very from the grand line or no,so if all of them need to go to shabdy arpilego to meet with rayligh how exctly they are gonna do it?

luffy will probably escape with his new temporary crew and find a ship but what about all the others?i mean vivre card or no vivre card dont forget each of the crew memebers bedise sanji and zorro is not that strong by them selfs to enter the grand line alone,dont you agree?
i mean if an admiral or shibubukai finds them in the middle without luffy second and third gear...
They will meet up someway or another! Think optimistic!

Anyways, I think that the islands they went to can help them get stronger or something like that, well some of them that I can tell.
I just got to say I feel bad for Sanji's situation xD I think he has a chance at meeting Luffy first cause he's on that Okama island

New Chapter coming out soon!~
Old 2009-05-11, 19:26   Link #138
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perona View Post
They will meet up someway or another! Think optimistic!

Anyways, I think that the islands they went to can help them get stronger or something like that, well some of them that I can tell.
I just got to say I feel bad for Sanji's situation xD I think he has a chance at meeting Luffy first cause he's on that Okama island

New Chapter coming out soon!~
hehe sure man,i think they will meet up also one way or another cos they have 2 in order to continue with the story,the only question is how?
i actully tought that oda can actully make luffy meet with kuma in the marine headquerters and convince him to bring his namaka back sence his the only one that knows where they are,i think kuma likes luffy also cos he knows his father also as he said in the thriller bark arc...

im sure oda has some cool ideas on how to bring the straw hats together,he woudnt do that if it wasnt part of the story i think,so far everything he is dong in one piece is realy good,best show around i think so anyway

how do you think they will meet up?
i also read the chapter where they show where all the otehr straw hats landed,some are in the grand line but a few are outside also like in east and south blue...

and it also shows all the admirlas together,and the shibubukai,i never tought mihawk will help the goverment even if he is a shibubukai,i tought he is more like jinbei when it comes to not care what the goverment say...
Old 2009-05-11, 19:40   Link #139
Perona

Quote:
hehe sure man,i think they will meet up also one way or another cos they have 2 in order to continue with the story,the only question is how?
i actully tought that oda can actully make luffy meet with kuma in the marine headquerters and convince him to bring his namaka back sence his the only one that knows where they are,i think kuma likes luffy also cos he knows his father also as he said in the thriller bark arc...

im sure oda has some cool ideas on how to bring the straw hats together,he woudnt do that if it wasnt part of the story i think,so far everything he is dong in one piece is realy good,best show around i think so anyway

how do you think they will meet up?
i also read the chapter where they show where all the otehr straw hats landed,some are in the grand line but a few are outside also like in east and south blue...

and it also shows all the admirlas together,and the shibubukai,i never tought mihawk will help the goverment even if he is a shibubukai,i tought he is more like jinbei when it comes to not care what the goverment say...
Hmm, I'm not sure how they will meet up, not good at making speculations as there are blanks in the middle of it.
I'm leaving that to Odacchi to decide, makes it more exciting and I love to be
surprised One Piece is full of surprises ain't it? <3

The Shichibukai, I also thought Mihawk wouldn't care for what the government
says but maybe he's planning something
Old 2009-05-11, 19:46   Link #140
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perona View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure how they will meet up, not good at making speculations as there are blanks in the middle of it.
I'm leaving that to Odacchi to decide, makes it more exciting and I love to be
surprised One Piece is full of surprises ain't it? <3

The Shichibukai, I also thought Mihawk wouldn't care for what the government
says but maybe he's planning something
i dont see mihawk as the planing kind of guy,he probably wants to see if the war between whitebeard and the goverment will be intresting,thats my guess anyway...
Closed Thread