AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-18, 15:13   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Indeed, they are awesome. Then again, FE8 was so easy that even in hard mode you could randomly put together your group and it wouldn't matter much. Lets not talk about FE6 hard mode though ..
Consider FE5's points of difficulty:

- Many enemies carry poison weapons
- Fatigue meter means you constantly have to rotate characters in and out each stage
- Hell spell is common among enemy mages in later stages and automatically drains all HP to 1 or kills a person with 1 HP.
- Constant running from powerful enemies means you really have to work for your experience
- Final boss has a one hit kill spell
- Many weak to useless characters
- You must capture enemies for weapons and items the majority of the time, which weakens your stats temporarily after a turn leaving you open to a lot of pain.
- Enemies now have dancers, giving units extra turns
- Enemies can capture your characters mages, stripping them off all staves and items, and theres nothing you can do about it other then make sure they are always out of enemy reach.
- Many stages with constant barrages of enemy reinforcements
- One boss in particular has infinite leadership stars and range.
- Enemies critical a lot more than in any other game in the series due to higher than average skill rates.

Basically the game is extremely unbalanced against the player, but it is still beatable to a certain extent.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:53   Link #42
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

What made FE5 brilliant was how open the methods for dealing with most of the difficulty of those issues there were.

- One boss in particular has infinite leadership stars and range.
Cyas only gets 15 stars on one stage and 5 in any other appearance. Also its common fact you can wait for him to leave. The other method is bring out your own combined leadership characters to negate his bonus.

- Many weak to useless characters
- Fatigue meter means you constantly have to rotate characters in and out each stage

But also a much higher average of useful characters with good roles outside of battle, it also made it so you couldn't simply abuse one unit. You'll find many pre-promoted units that came later were equally if not stronger than most of your early units. Also scrolls and the lower 20 stat cap made it easier to get good stats on many of them. Also Ch-14 Gaiden especially had a massive supply of Stamina restore medicine to steal.

- Final boss has a one hit kill spell
Which can be negated with Sara's Staff and a quick rushdown since he isn't very strong.

- Enemies can capture your characters mages, stripping them off all staves and items, and theres nothing you can do about it other then make sure they are always out of enemy reach.
- You must capture enemies for weapons and items the majority of the time, which weakens your stats temporarily after a turn leaving you open to a lot of pain.

Which also works in reverse. A tactic many people use in speed runs is to deliberately let their own units get captured.

-It halves enemies stats
-You can always save them later in the jailbreak chapter.

- Enemies critical a lot more than in any other game in the series due to higher than average skill rates.
That actually has to do with a critical counter system in FE5. Basically theres a hidden stat which gives critical bonuses on a counterattack.

Also you can't mention FE5 without mentioning staves and long range spells. Whether it be you or the enemy, strategic usage of staves could dominate the game.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:57   Link #43
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I played Sacred Stones and loved it to death. There's not a single party character I didn't like. However, getting all the possible conversation and relationship combinations is frankly almost impossible. Besides, I always have Seth and Eirika have all their converations play out. I did notice the epilogue endings change depending on your characters' relationships though....
Old 2007-12-19, 00:19   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I played Sacred Stones and loved it to death. There's not a single party character I didn't like. However, getting all the possible conversation and relationship combinations is frankly almost impossible. Besides, I always have Seth and Eirika have all their converations play out. I did notice the epilogue endings change depending on your characters' relationships though....
I've played it too, and like it. Apparently, because of the gameplay, it's supposed to be the easiest Fire Emblem game or something like that. Those summoner's phantoms are cheap... Super trainees for the win! Like Amelia (I think that's the name for the knight girl)~~

Actually, it's really easy. There's a way to get all of the conversations for all characters in one go.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 02:46   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I've played it too, and like it. Apparently, because of the gameplay, it's supposed to be the easiest Fire Emblem game or something like that. Those summoner's phantoms are cheap... Super trainees for the win! Like Amelia (I think that's the name for the knight girl)~~

Actually, it's really easy. There's a way to get all of the conversations for all characters in one go.
There were times in the game I felt I could probably solo most missions with Ephraim. Also the game seems to be very generous with the characters growth rate percentage for stat increases. Frequently when I leveled up with any given character I would see at least 5 stats go up versus 2-3 for Fire Emblem 5.

Goddess of Dawn can also be very brutal on the growth rates for some characters. For the longest time the only HP increases for Micaiah I saw were ones I gave her with a Seraph Robe. Edward also suffers from Abysmal Defence growth, and Leonardo has only gained one single HP since the beginning of the game after 14 level ups, and Laura none. For some reason the majority of the Dawn Brigade team has absolutely abysmal growth rates with the exception of Nolan. Luckily this is not the case with the Greil Mercenaries nor the Crimean team. In fact after six level ups Ike managed to cap his HP, Skill and Luck for his current class, and he still has 3 levels to go before twenty and is likely to cap speed as well and come close to capping defence. This is for a character that is already extremely powerful when he joins.

If there is one major flaw in the game, it's that there is a definite balance issue between the teams. The Greil Mercenaries are all uber characters, Crimea is full of solid characters as well (especially Elincia), but the Dawn Brigade characters are laughably weak, except for Micaiah, Nolan and Sothe (who are just barely useful enough to actually kill enemies), who are the only ones with any real story importance anyway. Even the one Laguz character you get has weakened stats as a result of only being able to halfshift. With the Dawn Brigade you are almost forced to really on the help you get from the Black Knight, Tauroneo, Nailah to get through some of the later stages in Part 1.

Later in Part 3 the 3 of the mostly useless members of the Dawn brigade will get special uber weapons to power them up enough that they can be useful, but even then that just balances them out to about high lower tier since the already very powerful leaders of the other 3 teams will also get uber items as well, thus widening the gap even further than before:

Ragnell for the Mercs (Infinite Use +5 Defence and 18 Might sword for Ike with a range of 1-2)

Amiti for Crimea (Infinite use Hero Sword Effect with 15 might for Elincia)

Cymbeline for Begnion (13 Might, 45 Use +10 critical Fire Tome for Sanaki), which doesn't sound like much compared to the other two until you consider it is arguably the most balanced and useful magic attack you can get in the entire game in terms of power and how many uses you get out of it. Especially considering the character it's for is virtually guaranteed to top out her magic at 40.

And just since I mentioned the other 3 leaders, Thani is Micaiah's personal weapon that she get's really early on (8 Mt and effective against armors and horse riders). Problem is, it's merely on par with the S level Light Tome, whereas Sanaki's Cymbeline is better than the S level Fire Tome and arguably better than SS level Fire Tome since it has 1 less might, but 30 more uses and criticals way more often. Furthermore, Sanaki is such a showoff she can use the S level Light Tome if she wants to along with any other S level tome besides Dark (that's reserved for a special character on New Game + mode) but compared to the overwhelming power of the other three leaders weapons it just doesn't hold up.....kind of the like the rest of her team compared to the others.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-12-19 at 03:11.
Old 2007-12-19, 07:35   Link #46
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The unbalance in FE10 really was the worst part of the game. It was bad enough the old characters beat out everyone easily but the fact that if you had FE9 save they'd even get BONUSES on top of their already broken stats which was stupid. There was absolutely zero reason to use the new characters except they were required. Heck even FE9 got the balance better just the fact it was like playing a early SNES game in terms of objectives and what you could and couldn't do.

For the most part the fact I disliked FE9 and that 10 was no more than 9.5 killed alot of appeal for me.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 15:04   Link #47
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Not really, it's really easy. Although you can only get 5 of them per playthrough per character. So you'll probably need to play through the game numerous times to get them all. It's easy for relationships anyway, just put the two next to each other on a map (preferably) with no enemies left. So a level where the goal is 'Seize the Throne'. Then just keep ending your turns.

The requirements are WAY lower too I think. I know in the 'first' Fire Emblem (In the USA on the GBA) some of the A supports were 100+ turns.

Also only some change the ending stuff. Some characters end up married (This is almost always true if the characters are, obviously, the opposite gender), others will end up maybe living together, etc. (i.e. There is a special epilogue text for A support with Eirika and Tana. Sadly none for Eirika and L'Arachel though...)

Sacred Stones is the easiest for the Tower of Valti and the Ruins namely. In the previous one, you could only earn EXP in the levels you played. In Sacred Stones you can just level up between maps, making the game tons easier.

I haven't played the one on the Wii yet... I want to though. Too bad they fixed the lesbian thief >>
Old 2007-12-19, 19:12   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Not really, it's really easy. Although you can only get 5 of them per playthrough per character.

I haven't played the one on the Wii yet... I want to though. Too bad they fixed the lesbian thief >>
Actually, it's a glitch/feature in the game (Sacred Stones) where:

The relationships (conversations) you get are saved even if you don't save the game.

So all you have to do is:
Prepare to go to that weak tower at the top (forgot the name) where the first level is full of those weak zombies.
Choose characters you want to converse.
Kill all of the enemies that move to attack you. Now you can wait as long as you want.
Get the C conversations for the characters.
Finish the floor and exit.
Enter again and get B.
Repeat and get A.
After getting A, just quit the game. The conversations have been recorded, but the file is still empty. Now you can repeat and get the rest of the A conversations.
And voila, all easy, just time consuming.

I want the Wii version, but there are way too many games I want coming out.
And I heard there are not many pairing ends (what hit me the most was no Mia pairing end).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 21:17   Link #49
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There were times in the game I felt I could probably solo most missions with Ephraim. Also the game seems to be very generous with the characters growth rate percentage for stat increases. Frequently when I leveled up with any given character I would see at least 5 stats go up versus 2-3 for Fire Emblem 5.
Lol, I agree. I could easily solo an entire level with Seth. I give him like 2 javelins and an iron lance and that's all I would need. When you level him up to lvl 20, he's freaking untouchable. Same goes for Eirika and Ephraim once you get them up to their second-level class (the Lord class, I think).
Old 2007-12-20, 15:00   Link #50
krisslanza

Gosh my Ephraim/Eirika couldn't solo levels... I don't think I've been able to do that since Ike
Although Super Trainee Ewan could probably do it. Having caps in all stats tends to make you rather uber

Oh right, Sacred Stones other easy point: If you visit the last 'secret shop' you can buy stat boosting items.
Old 2007-12-25, 17:46   Link #51
rimaa

I've played the ones fore Gameboy Advanced, Path of Radiance for Gamecube, and i just beat Radiant Dawn for the wii. Personally, i really enjoyed Path of Radiance.....

Titania, Mia, Ike were among my favorite characters.

Also Lucia was pretty hot =P
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 14:01   Link #52
krisslanza

Lucia is indeed pretty hot... I wish she kept her long hair though. I miss it. ;(
Old 2008-01-05, 02:34   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Wow, so I've just witnessed quite possibly the only thing I will ever refer to as expressly cute, and that is a map sprite of Sanaki riding a pegasus in Sigrun's lap.

Spoiler for Sanaki's Arrival:

I already have it so she will theoretically be able to max every single one of her stats, will have the skill wrath, and will have a skill that allows her to recover all her HP per turn (Imbue recovers HP equal to the characters magic stat per turn, and since Sanaki has the highest max magic in the game, she'll pretty much recover everything). With, Wrath and Cymbeline active she will have over 150 (165 to be exact) might in a single attack, and 330 if she doubles. Such....Power, not even Ike can stand up to that if she gets the first attack.. SANAKI WILL BURN THE COUNTRYSIDE AND DESTROY EVERYTHING IN HER PATH! ALL WILL BOW TO THE APOSTLE!

If Sanaki ever decided to go on a rampage we'd all be done for.

Edit: Now she tried to ride Naesala the Raven King. It seems Sanaki has a fair bit of lolidom in her as I thought.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-08 at 13:20.
Old 2008-01-08, 13:18   Link #54
_FaTe_

LoLi
Scared Stone is like SOOO awesome....
Beaten it at least 20 times...

Artur and Lute pwnage

My Eirika and Euphium sucks....
Seth is overall THE best paladin you can get...
If you level Franz up to level 20 then Turn him into paladin THEN level Him to level 20 again in tower..... He will be ALMOST as strong as level 20 Seth...

Innes is best sniper....

Joshua is by far the best swordsman...
_FaTe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 14:15   Link #55
krisslanza

I have to say my favorite character in Radiant Dawn is definitely Heather
The Japanese Heather. The US Heather isn't as cool. Heather x Nephenee is seemingly the loved pairing on the webz...
Old 2008-03-02, 03:43   Link #56
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Send a message via MSN to ZXValaRevan
I loved every FE game I played, however I have been unable to get my paws on any of the Japanese games (other than the GBA one). I believe Radiant Dawn is very good.

However, there is a secret to it. BEXP will always get 3 of your stats up, no more, no less. Therefore, it is prudent to save up all your BEXP until one of your characters maxes a few stats, then pump their weak ones up with BEXP. I have a 20/20/20 Nephenee who has maxed every stat (including HP), except for magic, which is at most 3 away from maxed. But it has to be one of the most epic games I've played.

Also, Sigrun has a massive chest.
ZXValaRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 12:48   Link #57
krisslanza

Sigrun is hot though so its alright.
Too bad she has bad growths but thats never stopped me from using a unit anyway... XD

I mean my Lute, Neimi, and Natasha are getting so pretty lame growths in my Difficult file but I use them anyway... (I mean come on, I've gotten like at least 10 levels of just getting +1 to a stat <_<)
Old 2008-03-03, 14:00   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Sigrun is hot though so its alright.
Too bad she has bad growths but thats never stopped me from using a unit anyway... XD

I mean my Lute, Neimi, and Natasha are getting so pretty lame growths in my Difficult file but I use them anyway... (I mean come on, I've gotten like at least 10 levels of just getting +1 to a stat <_<)
Really? I don't find Sigrun attractive at all. Give me her Empress any day.
Old 2008-03-03, 14:59   Link #59
krisslanza

Really you don't? >.>
I was disappointed you didn't get her in PoR. She's way prettier then Tanith.

Hmmm Sanaki is pretty nice... But I think I like Sigrun more. Sanaki is way cuter though.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:44   Link #60
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Send a message via MSN to ZXValaRevan
Quote:
Really you don't? >.>
I was disappointed you didn't get her in PoR. She's way prettier then Tanith.

Hmmm Sanaki is pretty nice... But I think I like Sigrun more. Sanaki is way cuter though.
Sigrun blows Tanith away. And Sanaki and Sigrun are attractive in different ways. Sigrun would be more beautiful, but as said, Sanaki is cuter. Sigrun has an attractive figure, as well as having a certain almost melancholic look. Her features are more beautiful and elegant, as opposed to Sanaki.
ZXValaRevan is offline   Reply With Quote