AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 20:35   Link #2121
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So they're in the same prison as Aizen?
Just checked the previous chapter, the lowest level was called Avici and now Muken? Does SS have two prisons?
If Aizen is present, no doubt he's sitting on his chair with popcorn in one hand and a drink in the other, watching the show.
Aizen is watching and knew this would happen. The shockwaves from them fighting will break his chains. Just as planned.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:40   Link #2122
sayde

Now might be a good time to once again start questioning why Aizen rejected Juha Bach's offer. Because if all Aizen wanted was to be freed from his shackles, he could've just taken Bach up on his offer. So there has to be a good reason why he's chosen to remain where he is. As long as Ken and Unohana training in Muken doesn't end up being "just as planned" for some reason, I'll be fine with whatever excuse Kubo gives us.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:16   Link #2123
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
You can lose to a kid button mashing in a fighting game, doesn't mean they're good.
well that depends on what constitutes good. if winning the game = being good, then yes he is good.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 22:23   Link #2124
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Is it weird that the entire Yachiru-ClassicxKenny portions of the chapter made me have a raging boner and crap my pants at the same time?
I was thinking about "My Spirit Will Go On" but I think it fits with the disturbed suggestion better.

This is what I think she was before: She's Indestructible.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:09   Link #2125
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah, the fact that people keep mentioning Aizen will have a just as planned moment clearly didn't pay attention to Ichigo's opinion on Aizen's true feelings with the Hogyoku. Can't you guys accept Aizen coming back not as the main villain already? Let him foreshadow how evil the RGs and the king are or whatever, just don't make him the main villain again and let him be in peace in his little jail cell if he wants to. Just enjoy the carnage that's to come.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:22   Link #2126
ReinhartX

why does it seem like zaraki is the one that caused the wound on unohana's chest and unohana caused the wound on zaraki's eye
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:22   Link #2127
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Yeah, the fact that people keep mentioning Aizen will have a just as planned moment clearly didn't pay attention to Ichigo's opinion on Aizen's true feelings with the Hogyoku. Can't you guys accept Aizen coming back not as the main villain already? Let him foreshadow how evil the RGs and the king are or whatever, just don't make him the main villain again and let him be in peace in his little jail cell if he wants to. Just enjoy the carnage that's to come.
i agree he's not coming back as the main villain and will help against the quincys. Still, he will break free somehow that will look like a just as planned moment because that is what Aizen does.. Kubo already said in an interview that aizen was going to have a part in the final arc.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:39   Link #2128
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post

lol , Kenny should have his own spin off story too
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:44   Link #2129
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
If Unohana was so powerful, Why didn't she fight the Vandenreich?
because she wasn't stronger than yama jii. yama jii figured that if he couldnt beat them, then she would have just died too and there was no point in letting their best healer die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
why does it seem like zaraki is the one that caused the wound on unohana's chest and unohana caused the wound on zaraki's eye
because thats what happened i guess. kubo couldn't have alluded to it any stronger without saying it flatly. i really want to know what happened in their past. could be a troll of course, but he at least wants us to think it for now

Quote:
Can't you guys accept Aizen coming back not as the main villain already? Let him foreshadow how evil the RGs and the king are or whatever, just don't make him the main villain again and let him be in peace in his little jail cell if he wants to. Just enjoy the carnage that's to come.
i can totally see aizen coming back as a vegita-type character. also, good prediction about the royal guard being evil at some point. i dont think it'll happen, but i like the idea of the shinigami actually being the bad guys what with them having been vicious murderers, and yama-jii's zombie tech. none of it sounds like good-guy actions to me and the RG are old school. it could all be like the fullbringer rouse
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:55   Link #2130
sayde

Quote:
Yeah, the fact that people keep mentioning Aizen will have a just as planned moment clearly didn't pay attention to Ichigo's opinion on Aizen's true feelings with the Hogyoku.
I payed pretty careful attention to Ichigo's hypothesis with regards to the hougyoku. In fact, I feel like there are times when I'm among one of the few people bringing this up to support the reason why the hougyoku did not reject him. Keeping that in mind, I'm not sure how Ichigo's opinion on Aizen and the houguoku makes it any more or less likely for Aizen to have another "just as planned" moment. I mean its kind of a part of his personality. Regardless of whether he's now a good guy or still a bad guy, I think he'll always be planning and scheming things. Besides, the guy's been sitting in Muken for a good number of months now. That's plenty of time to predict future events and formulate a new plan of some kind, whether it be for the benefit of our heroes or not.

Quote:
Can't you guys accept Aizen coming back not as the main villain already?.
Not only can I accept it, but I even advocate the possibility. I actually hope Aizen proves to be a valuable asset who's come to terms with his defeat and unleashes his own brand of righteous fury upon the Quincy's.

*edit*
This post actually made me consider something. This chapter revealed a lot about Unohana and painted her in a very negative (albeit extremely badass) light. The chapter even goes as far as to flat out claim her to be THE most diabolical criminal ever in Soul Society--which would include Aizen. Clearly she's come full circle from being one of the bad guys to becoming one of the good guys. So I wonder if Unohana's reveal is supposed to foreshadow the possibility of Aizen also getting another chance at redemption for lack of a better term.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-01-17 at 00:11.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 00:12   Link #2131
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
i agree he's not coming back as the main villain and will help against the quincys. Still, he will break free somehow that will look like a just as planned moment because that is what Aizen does.. Kubo already said in an interview that aizen was going to have a part in the final arc.
See? That's the thing, people read the part of, Kubo said in an interview that Aizen was going to have a part in the final arc, and right away the fan people think, HA! HE'S GONNA COME BACK AND KYOKA SUIGETSU EVERYONE INTO SUBMISSION! AIZEN WILL BE BACK AS THE BIG BOSS MAN AGAIN!, or stuff like that, and that's what pisses me off. The fact that people ignore all the details that happened in his final fight with Ichigo, they just can't accept the fact that maybe Aizen is happy where he is at. If Aizen comes back, I would like it if he took a foreshadowing, you'll all see-type role. You can't imagine how many people blamed the Quincy's invasion of SS on Aizen, it's like, people are so Aizen obsessed that they think that every little thing that happens in Bleach, is because Aizen planned it. The wind blows, Aizen did it, someone has to go to the bathroom, Aizen did it, someone friggin blinks, Aizen did it. It's like a race in Bleach can't do their own shit in peace because they want Aizen to be the reason they do shit. Anyway, sorry about the ranting guys, and you're right Sayde and Itachi, having Aizen on our side for real would be an interesting way to go.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:01   Link #2132
ronin myael
lost ronin

the zanpakutou explanation still doesn't explain why ichigo got zangetsu!
Old 2013-01-17, 01:16   Link #2133
Langus
Optimus Prime

I don't really understand WHY it's necessary for them to fight, but I like it. I mean, let's put it into perspective for a second - you have two ridiculously talented killers and are facing an invasion, yet you pit them against one another in a battle to the death? What the hell sense does that make?

In any case, congrats to Kubo for turning a boring as f*ck character interesting in a single chapter. Who knew all those slash!fic writers putting Kenpachi and Unohana together years ago were on the right track. Really love her new look too (except that she kind of has the same eyes/face as every other new character he's drawn lately).

Honestly, decent chapter by Kubo standards. A ton of questions because he's shit at explaining plot points, but it has good potential.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:07   Link #2134
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I don't really understand WHY it's necessary for them to fight, but I like it. I mean, let's put it into perspective for a second - you have two ridiculously talented killers and are facing an invasion, yet you pit them against one another in a battle to the death? What the hell sense does that make?
I think that both unohana and zaraki aren't strong enough to win against the top shitritters right now. but them fighting will make one of them strong enough (zaraki in theory) and in order to do it he has to kill unohana in theory. of course i doubt she will die, but he will cross that threshold of power and possibly her too assuming they both survive. i mean come on... she's gotta break out her bankai in a real fight at some point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 02:15   Link #2135
Langus
Optimus Prime

If that's where Kubo is going with this, I can respect that. They really are the only two people psychotic enough to train each other. Still, if SS can come out of it with two ridiculously powerful fighters more's the better.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:07   Link #2136
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Supposedly, "Muken" and "Avici" stem from different translations. With that said, I read that "Muken" is suppose to be the official translation. This exact name was also the name the location was referred to in one of the volumes to the "spirits are forever with you" novels that were released a few months ago. So yeah...back to what I stated above--this seems far too convenient that these two would just happen to be training in the same location Aizen's suppose to be at. So I expect something to come of this. I mean prior to this chapter, we knew very little about the Muken level. And we still don't know anything about the levels above it. What this essentially means is that any of the levels above Muken could've been revealed as a training ground with infinite space. Or better yet, Kubo could've come up with another location within Soul Society that fits the same description. So the fact that he specifically designated Muken to be this training ground means Aizen has to fit into this somewhere. Please Kubo, don't prove me wrong.
Hopefully Aizen's the one they mean by "one will die", and therefore we won't have to suffer the loss of either an increased awesome Kenpachi or Attack Mode Unohana - he just gets caught in the crossfire and "didn't he have immortality?" quickly goes away...
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:07   Link #2137
SimplyAJ

Either way it still seems like a bad strategy. "One of them will die", great so you eother lose your best healer who isalso strong but will never fight because she is a healer OR you lose one of the strongest fignters. It is lose lose eother way if one dies.

I see them both living, but the fact fhat the character even said it in the first place is dumb.

I still can't get over Kenpachi losing to a FAKE Juha Bach. The real one? Sure, it helps establish his power, but a fake one? Seems kind of dull.
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 06:46   Link #2138
Casshern

Kyouraku told Unohana that one of them will die just to get her psyched up, because he knows what a freak she is. Really, Kyouraku is already aware that they are in love with each other.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 08:14   Link #2139
haegar
mangaviking

^ well I think the new captain was talking to himself in that panel so not sure.

prly first zaraki will get overwhelemed and when on the losing side kinda freak out like never before and get his first powerup ... then he'll be about to kill her in his rage and sweet love will stop his swing last moment, and utterly astounded with himself and his feelings his zanpakotou will sprout wings and turn into a beautiful shikai butterfly and that is his second powerup. Then he'll ask her to marry him and she'll go "Er ... lemme think, ... I refuse" and he'll get angry again and his zanpakotou will morph into a ferocious bankai butterfly ...

0.o

er

blimey, .. did I say I am afraid Kubo will trollfuck this up?
Old 2013-01-17, 09:33   Link #2140
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think that both unohana and zaraki aren't strong enough to win against the top shitritters right now. but them fighting will make one of them strong enough (zaraki in theory) and in order to do it he has to kill unohana in theory. of course i doubt she will die, but he will cross that threshold of power and possibly her too assuming they both survive. i mean come on... she's gotta break out her bankai in a real fight at some point
Quote:
well, to me the purpose of the fight is clear. it's to bring out zaraki's bankai. unohana seems to be the one person that he respects the most as far as fighting abilities are concerned. he will probably do everything in his power to defeat her, including drawing out his own bankai.

Tags
bleach, chapter