AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 30.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 22:04   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Tokyo's latitude is roughly the same as San Francisco with Hokkaido being near Oregon.

At the time of year ep 22 is set, it is already dark til late in the morning.
Old 2010-08-31, 22:37   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

And I'm just totally moved, impressed and touched about KyoAni's ability for adaptation. This was leaps and bounds above the corresponding character, totally in tune with the direction the show has taken as of late. My deepest respects go for the show directors.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:10   Link #23
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Wow !! Everyone but Yui's Parents got face time in this ep.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:11   Link #24
keroro gunsou

Oh !! sorry, I forget ep 22 is in the winter season. it was snow at the station scene !!

I understood they did not leave home very early !
Old 2010-08-31, 23:12   Link #25
evangeline88
Moe Master

I'm just a little dissapointed on some things:
~ Like mentioned above, some particular chapters are skipped ... especially the study group
~ The Valentine event used is from the first Valentine from manga ... not to mention some parts are skipped, too ...
~ The way Yui cs. tell the test result to Azu-nyan cs. is different, too ...

But, Azunyan eating Yui's candy just made my day

Old 2010-08-31, 23:16   Link #26
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline88 View Post
I'm just a little dissapointed on some things:
~ Like mentioned above, some particular chapters are skipped ... especially the study group
~ The Valentine event used is from the first Valentine from manga ... not to mention some parts are skipped, too ...
~ The way Yui cs. tell the test result to Azu-nyan cs. is different, too ...

But, Azunyan eating Yui's candy just made my day
gauss Yui's parents will never come home in the anime...
Old 2010-08-31, 23:33   Link #27
Pathfinder4k

Hoping for a continuation of this series!!!
Spoiler for K-ON!! 22:

Still good episode!
Old 2010-08-31, 23:38   Link #28
hoshiakari

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Spoiler for ep22:
Mainly because is snowing, my best bet. Since they wouldn't know how bad the weather would hit. In case of delay, they would still have time. Also another reason might be because what they are taking isn't the express. So probably takes more time than other types, plus the weather, you get the point.
Old 2010-09-01, 00:33   Link #29
netvope
SOS-Dan

thanks god for allowing them to attend the same college

keion daisuki
Old 2010-09-01, 00:40   Link #30
drsypher

I really liked both the new scenes and the inclusion of the Valentines chapter that they skipped. I loved this adaption more than I did the source chapter! Really, the only thing that I sorta didn't like was the change in how the four announced that they all got in. I prefer the scene in the original chapter a bit more, but the way it was done in this ep wasn't bad by any means.

Though, I expected this to happen in episode 23, not now... so I wonder what they'll do for the next episode. Build up for graduation, maybe? I really don't know.
Old 2010-09-01, 01:24   Link #31
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

This season has really connected with me because I am also graduating soon. However i am most like Yui out of the 4 and I have no idea what i will do in the future. It was funny when Yui gave azunyan only the small lolii for White day
Old 2010-09-01, 01:31   Link #32
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Although, since the storyline apparently is supposed climax in episode 24, and that graduation is the natural finale event, I figure that it's maybe possible for any of the extra episodes to be flashbacks.
Or alternatively, they could give hints at the future. Maybe have one episode dedicated to the core four after graduation. Another dedicated to Azusa's third year. The final one could be a time jump and special episode.

Although I'd much rather have a season 3 that divides itself between Yui time and Azusa time before reaching a point there the two get reunited. Followed by <insert blatant yuri filled dreams involving the two here>.
Old 2010-09-01, 01:44   Link #33
farhan

Quote:
Or alternatively, they could give hints at the future. Maybe have one episode dedicated to the core four after graduation. Another dedicated to Azusa's third year. The final one could be a time jump and special episode.
maybe there will be an episode reunion them in a wedding party [just like sawako's friends did] ^^
Old 2010-09-01, 01:53   Link #34
Ezilled

Never thought that the Valentine's Day would be included on the brick of the ending, but it's actually well-executed throughout. The episode has a charm of simplicity yet conveys melancholic and heart-warming atmosphere in a cold winter days, filled with eye-catching backgrounds and shots which I really liked the most in this episode. So far Azusa still worrying to herself about the original four's farewells and whatnot. It's hard to be left alone when the time comes, so she must definitely move on or she will get depressed and lonely; although, Ui and Jun are still there to comfort her. It's up to their minds if they will recruit two members and revive the Light Music club once again. On the other hand, I also liked how they laughed and hugged each other by the window. It felt like this will be the last few moments I will ever see them close and do happy things without worrying what their future holds, totally like from the group hug from episode 20.

You know, I think this is one of the few series that I really don't want to end like this. I just wanted to see them in college with the goal to perform at the Budokan is still their ultimatum in their minds. If only Kakifly would make a follow-up manga, but perhaps he's exhausted or still have yet to gather materials/scenarios. Time will only tell. At the very least, I've had a fun ride till the end. This show makes me feel a better person in this cruel, hollow life. Thanks K-ON!!.
Old 2010-09-01, 02:06   Link #35
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Those folks at Kyoani really do know how to fill out a series. Taking a rather light-hearted and a bit disjointed weekly 4 panel joke strip and fleshing it into something you might see as a respectable live-action drama is pretty amazing.
Old 2010-09-01, 02:16   Link #36
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan View Post
maybe there will be an episode reunion them in a wedding party [just like sawako's friends did] ^^

Nice get more of Jun this week, as she wasn't originally part of the Valentine chapter.
Old 2010-09-01, 03:18   Link #37
itzglez
♫♫♪

grr I'm cursing these streaming sites I frequent even cg! won't load properly, but I don't have any problem with AS TT_TT... gods of animes must hate me now.

gimme my weekly K-On already...
Old 2010-09-01, 03:35   Link #38
wingman32x

Great episode. I really liked the valentines portion of the show. The main reason is that it served as another bittersweet reminder of the limited time left as a club. I have been very impressed with the way the series has handled this aspect. The exam portion of the show was also really well done. And it was a pretty nice moment when Azusa and Ui got those texts.

Overall a great episode. 10/10.
Old 2010-09-01, 03:54   Link #39
kyosak
poo

Man every episode since 20 has been really bringing emotions out of me. Never expected this from K-On...! All the haters are missing out Q.Q
Old 2010-09-01, 04:09   Link #40
ESkizzle
Kaizoku Elite Class

Maybe I was just super high, but I cried at the end of this episode.
Closed Thread