AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 03:54   Link #81
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Really? I thought Tokiwa's boyfriend was a total a**hole in this chapter though - treating Kasuga badly under the pretense of friendliness, embarrassing both Kasuga and Tokiwa in front of other people.

Tokiwa, I really like though. She's able to see how shallow the boyfriend and the whole being popular thing is; even while wanting to remaining in that circle.

Curious whether Kasuga will become boon or bane to her.... lol

I first read a few chapters of this manga, but got turned off by how... err.. unrestrained it is. But now that I kinda see this manga's direction, I'm interested again.

@Arkard: *claps*
Spoiler:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 15:53   Link #82
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
@Arkard: *claps*
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Chapter 40:
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 19:39   Link #83
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Well, I'm just saying his reaction was pretty normal for an insecure high school guy. Try putting yourself in his place. You're dating the hottest girl in school. She has other guys sniffing around her all the time. Then suddenly she has some strange dude in her room, where she has never let you go. So you invite him to hang out so you can try and figure out what's going on. The only reason it got weird was because Kasuga refused to answer some simple question. Huh? Why did he refuse? Why not just pick some random girl from his class. It's not like anyone there would know who it was anyway, since they're in a totally different town. And if he didn't want to lie, just say it was Saeki:

Touji: So who was your secret crush?
Kasuga: Ah.. that would be Saeki-san.
Touji: Aha! Was that the girl who Aya reminded you of??
Kasuga: Oh, no. She was the one that rapezored me in my clubhouse, then lit the place on fire. Haha! ... ... Sooo.... Anybody mind if I take that last piece of pizza?

Anyway, Chapter 40 was released today. Great chapter!

- Love his douche-bag friends and how they can't be happy for him and have to convince themselves he has no chance with Tokiwa so it doesn't matter.
- Kasuga disruption machine continues! Tokiwa's probably going to quit her job, and won't be hanging out with the gang anymore (assume those were her co-workers?)
- Love the part where Tokiwa gets all fired up to work on her novel. Very believable how their relationship has evolved. Just great writing.
- Interesting that after the novel review, Tokiwa and Kasuga are walking side-by-side. Before he would always trail along behind her. The author is so great at little details like that.
- I'm actually a bit disappointed that Saeki is back already. Would have liked to have had a few more chapters with just Tokiwa.
- Love the flower opening up at the end... Ruh Roh...

Last edited by AcroDave; 2013-02-05 at 19:40. Reason: Derp, typos
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 23:49   Link #84
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Yeah, ruh roh indeed... XD

Anyway, I see your point about the boyfriend's immaturity, but it just shouts "lesser man" "insignificant character" etc etc to me.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 07:21   Link #85
Bombo
TSF Fans

Seriously I like this story ...well done author !
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 13:35   Link #86
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Chapter 41 is out.
The rapist starts to work on Kasuga.....
Old 2013-02-06, 14:05   Link #87
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

ch 41

I think Saeki looks a bit creepier than she was. Her eyes and manner are kind of weird. She freaks me out!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:10   Link #88
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
ch 41

I think Saeki looks a bit creepier than she was. Her eyes and manner are kind of weird. She freaks me out!
She's going to bring avoc to Kasugas (unstable) sanity, that's for sure.
I bet even her was affected much more than she appears right now. What kind of disturbing thoughts has she been harboring these 3 years?
Also, I'm curious as to how she spent that year in the detention facility and why was she sent there.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:38   Link #89
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
She's going to bring avoc to Kasugas (unstable) sanity, that's for sure.
I bet even her was affected much more than she appears right now. What kind of disturbing thoughts has she been harboring these 3 years?
Also, I'm curious as to how she spent that year in the detention facility and why was she sent there.
Because she was an arsonist?
Old 2013-02-06, 14:42   Link #90
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Because she was an arsonist?
The police fond out it was her that did it?
Got to re-check those chapters pronto.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:53   Link #91
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
ch 41

I'm agree with you 100% she's scariest character in this series now .
Plus Tokiwa's mention her boyfriend look like him ... DANGER DANGER !!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:01   Link #92
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
The police fond out it was her that did it?
Got to re-check those chapters pronto.
Re-checked, she did turn in herself to the police.
That explains it.
Old 2013-02-06, 15:06   Link #93
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
*gets ready to smash phone in rage*

Wait... it's been three years right? Things have changed right?

Wait she burned down my hideout!

But... She's been in juvenile detention... surely that must have straightened her out...

Wait she raped me!

But she has a new boyfriend now...

Wait... he looks like me....

Ah well, I'm sure it's fine. Perfectly ok to meet the person who raped me and committed arson in a jealous rage for lunch alone. What could possibly go wrong?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:37   Link #94
konart

And now long months of waiting...(well, maybe not so long for the ch.42, but definitely for the rest)
Old 2013-02-06, 15:43   Link #95
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
To be fair, Kasuga's hanging out with a girl who looks like Nakamura.

I'm starting to wonder how the anime's going to handle all this. Even if it's a two cour series, I'm not sure this current arc will be wrapped-up in time to be adapted, and if it's only a single cour, they'll need an anime-original ending.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 16:07   Link #96
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I gotta say, the sense of dread I'm getting while reading this is something special. For the last few chapters I've been wondering how Kasuga and Tokiwa would do. She brings a change of pace to his life, a sense of normalcy, well considering the girls who have been in his life. With the reintroduction of Saeki that feeling of dread skyrocketed. It's gonna be really interesting to see how she effects Kasuga's life, not to mention if she'll mess with Tokiwa.

It was weird when they showed her boyfriend looked eerily similar to Kasuga. Then again like you guys said, Tokiwa kinda looks like Nakamura.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:16   Link #97
kenjtr

This manga is really intresting its like i am watching love of the roses i didnt read it for a very long time but i returned to it , i wonder when will chapter 42 come things are getting intresting .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 21:06   Link #98
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

This is all going to blow in everyone's hands isn't it?

Can't wait to see that, bet it's going to be kinda depressing.
Old 2013-02-06, 23:34   Link #99
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
ch 41

I got the same vibe from her too. On the surface, she seems the same, and it might just be how Kasuga is depicted around her, but like KleenexGhost said, there's this sense of dread that permeates the scenes in her presence. On another note, she's dressing more provocatively than before(high heels, cleavage showing, lipstick, etc.), though I don't know if that is attributed to growing up, or if it's some kind of psychological thing going on(we know the latter HAS to happen in this manga ).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 01:56   Link #100
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I got the same vibe from her too. On the surface, she seems the same, and it might just be how Kasuga is depicted around her, but like KleenexGhost said, there's this sense of dread that permeates the scenes in her presence. On another note, she's dressing more provocatively than before(high heels, cleavage showing, lipstick, etc.), though I don't know if that is attributed to growing up, or if it's some kind of psychological thing going on(we know the latter HAS to happen in this manga ).
Yeah, she dresses more like what adult does, but the female characters her age don't do that yet.

Her eyes... Her expression... Those give me a weird feeling.

I think she's already disturbed since she burnt Kasuga and Nakamura's hideout. Being a future arsonist is never a good thing. Who knows what she might set on fire next.

I thought her rape attempt failed though.

Saeki has changed a lot since then, for the worse. While Kasuga is almost the same as that naive, easily influenced, cynical douche.

I have asperger syndrome but I don't think my opinion is any different than the mass, the manga is very sick...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, psychological, romance, school life, shounen