AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 13:43   Link #1
Aqua Knight

Evil wins

Any kind of that?
Old 2009-07-01, 14:25   Link #2
cerrian

Pretty sure Berzerk is like that, though I can't say the same for the manga which continues well past where the anime ended.

To be honest the only titles that I can recall are all hentai. Oh man...if there's any genre in where evil consistently triumphs it has got to be hentai.
Old 2009-07-01, 17:28   Link #3
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Any kind of that?
Watch M.D. Geist man. It's an old anime though. I don't even think there's any good side in this. Everyone seemed so fucked up to me. And i don't think i ever saw an ending that was SO the opposite of happy. I was in quite a state of "OMGWTFBBQ" what just happened after i saw that ending. Oh and the movie is gory as hell. So if you can't handle seeing bowel, blood, bodyparts flying all over the place all the time and general slaughter of all kind, don't watch it. Well, and it's not really the best Anime ever for sure And after watching this movie back in the old days i was in desperate need of a Cinderalla type happy ending..Hahaha.
Old 2009-07-01, 23:18   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Elfin Lied?

Ugh... I'd almost blocked that anime out of my mind.
Old 2009-07-01, 23:31   Link #5
Cipher

Code Geass...well at least i thought Lelouch's death meant evil wins..since he is the protagonist.

Higurashi maybe...
Vampire Princess...maybe
its hard to find those...or more so, its hard to find people who are interested in those...what are you?
Old 2009-07-02, 02:21   Link #6
Aqua Knight

Well I watched CG and the ending didn't seem evil
As for Elfen Lied I find it disgusting..
And I hate little anime girl so Higurashi - I won't watch it
Still thanks for advice
I'll try berserk
Old 2009-07-02, 02:35   Link #7
Cipher

Deathnote- its pretty popular..you've watched it right?..evil wins! woohoO!! Mojo Jojo!!
Old 2009-07-02, 04:13   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Texhnolyze is a good anime where evil wins.

It's a bit slow at first, though. It will take about 4 or 5 episodes before you really get into it.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:30   Link #9
Shadow Kira01

Evil? What do you mean by that?

Code Geass R2: The Black Knights allied with the Chinese Federation defeated the Holy Britannian Empire and seize control of the world creating a new era. Depends on how you look at it, it may seem like the birth of a peaceful era, while that it also seems to the end of the world in the eyes of others.

Gundam Wing: The terrorists reign as champions of the new world order after eliminating Millardo Peacecraft, the protector of the space colonies and Treize Khushrenada of the Planet Earth. Heero, leader of the terrorists forced Millardo to self-destruct his Gundam, while Heero's rival, Wufei kills Treize. The terrorists won the final battle against honorable leaders of both the space colonies and the world in the planet Earth. Does this count as evil? Or is it more of a holy war?

Rurouni Kenshin: Ishinshishi e no Requiem: The noble and honorable Takimi Shigure gets killed by the protagonist Himura Kenshin because the protagonist was hired by the government as an assassin. Perhaps, you can say that Kenshin is evil. On the contrary, at the same time.. The other guy was causing a revolt to restore the glory of their clan. Kenshin was just doing his job. Nonetheless, the way the anime portrays it. It does look like Shigure was an awesome leader, a very respectable one that watches over his comrades and subordinates, yet he got slaughtered.

----

It appears that you are looking for an anime similar to that of the most popular Shin Megami Tensei series. Unfortunately, I haven't come across any animes similar to it. Perhaps, I haven't watched enough of animes to know but its more like that.. Many animes are not original works, they are either based on mangas or visual novels and usually, you don't see Shin Megami Tensei storylines in those that often..
Old 2009-07-02, 09:39   Link #10
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
And I hate little anime girl so Higurashi - I won't watch it
OMG, don't make that mistake. Higurashi is anything but little anime girls running around. Without spoiling anything, it's initial appearance is all a ruse. It sets up some false expectations then proceeds to shock the shit out of you.

Higurashi cemented, if not coined, the term "killer loli"

As you are looking for an anime where evil wins in the end, Higurashi falls into a grey area but probably won't meet your request.
Old 2009-07-02, 15:17   Link #11
Cipher

I think he's referring to the artwork.
Old 2009-07-03, 01:53   Link #12
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Black Lagoon. Though technically everyone is evil and there are no "good" guys.
Old 2009-07-03, 05:37   Link #13
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I laughed so much during Black Lagoon, that show is awesome. I wouldn't precisely say it's 'evil wins' though. The characters are all criminals and do some pretty horrible and corrupt things but the it's presented it a... romanticised fashion. You know what they do is wrong and illegal but you can't help but sympathize for them, but that's mostly because some of 'opposition' is more screwed in the head then the main crew. But it's an awesome show with a lot of action that covers some fairly shady and disturbing parts of the criminal underworld and presents them in a way that isn't totally offputting but doesn't lose that crude edge.