AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-27, 22:51   Link #4541
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Looks like he focused his defense on his arms.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 23:36   Link #4542
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Rakan took most (read: all) of Negis' trump cards DIRECTLY TO THE TORSO. He stabbed himself in the face once.

I think he'll be okay.

Last edited by Blank-Mage; 2009-11-29 at 01:23.
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 03:34   Link #4543
Chris38

Do you think Negi is going to get a magical weapon of his own. Well he has his stuff, but well I don't see him using it often as a weapon ( and do you think it would be able to repel Rakan's sword ( I kind of doubt it ).

Because even Fate has some sort of magical weapon so Negi is at a bit of a disadvantage. Well anyway that's what I'm thinking, and he can't be using Asuna's sword as a weapon, because he doesn't have the pactio with Theodora anymore, if you remember it was supposed to be only for the tournament.

So do you think that Negi is going to get a magical weapon of some kind in the future, and if he does what type do you think it's going to be ( staff,sword, etc ... )

Well for me I would like to see Negi armed with some sword ( One hand for defending against close enemies, while with the other Negi is casting some long distance spell ... it could prove highly effective ... because, Negi's combat style is mostly centered around using delayed spells, so a sword could help him in defending himself, while he prepares his spells ( if I'm not wrong it takes a long time to prepare a delayed spell, so during that time Negi is a bit vulnerable.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 03:58   Link #4544
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Well, Negi seems to be more of a "hit you in the face with his fist" kind of guy (especially now that he has Magia Erebea), so I don't know if he'd ever get a permanent weapon.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 04:25   Link #4545
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Well, Negi seems to be more of a "hit you in the face with his fist" kind of guy (especially now that he has Magia Erebea), so I don't know if he'd ever get a permanent weapon.
But, isn't Rackan the same as Negi ( I mean it as he is a "hit you in the face with his fist" type of guy also ) , but Rackan also has a pretty powerful weapon. I know it's his artifact, but well the way I see it Negi is a bit at a disadvantage if everyone (Fate,Rackan ... ) has some weapon, and he is left only with his fists ... well I didn't mean to say that he should be using a weapon all the time, but a range of a weapon is sometimes bigger then the range of fists, no matter how fast one is ... and if Negi couldn't defend himself from attacks like these he's going to get hurt ...

Well I just think that he should have something besides his fists to defend against attacks in close range combat ( as Kurt shown, against some weapons ( or techniques ) magic barrier's aren't enough.

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-28 at 05:13.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:52   Link #4546
Narona
Emotionless White Face

So Rakan got both his arms and legs cut, but used his pactio card to create an amor as replacement?

Sounds bad for Rakan anyway. Let's hope Fate will just leave him broken but alive.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 09:39   Link #4547
kwendy

Quote:
So do you think that Negi is going to get a magical weapon of some kind in the future, and if he does what type do you think it's going to be ( staff,sword, etc ... )
Well, Negi is a mage from the beginning, so there is no difference if his magick arrows going threw his first or his sword. By the way, what will happen if he'll use his artifact to summon Karakuri's one? According to the picture on Chachamaru's card it'll be interesting ability

Quote:
But, isn't Rackan the same as Negi ( I mean it as he is a "hit you in the face with his fist" type of guy also )
Isn't he mercenary swordsman?
Quote:
Interesting point kwendy but we have at least one counter-example. Rakan has a paction and artifact even if Fate hinself told him he is one of the puppets. So do the 5 Fate's followers.
Well, it is theory fron several chapters ago, so it need some correction, but the main idea...
+ The difference point of the bad guys: they always think they are right Even pactios doesn't change it. Just kidding.
Quote:
<...> and requires a special connection between the Magister and Minister. <...> Forming Pactio usually means something close to a marriage.
Relation between Nagi and Imma? Between Nagi and Jack? I doubt it.
Quote:
Also the mage needs to be a strong one(100-200+ on Rakkan's power level...I guess)
Above 100 (magick school graduators). I don't think that magik shools of Old world are much better then Magik one. And I mean not only Negi's school, but also Sakura's.
P.S. If you think about it properly... Why there is pactio shop in the world where artifacts are extremely rare?

Last edited by kwendy; 2009-11-30 at 09:56.
kwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 20:49   Link #4548
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

can someone please answer my question umm is arika still alive? I keep getting this message from the character's convo that she's dead sorry if it's a little off tandem to the current discussion of the latest chapter but it's something that's been on my mind for a while now.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:25   Link #4549
chaosprophet

The thing is that we don't know. Officialy she was executed 18 years ago but we already know that is a lie. But if she is still alive now, we probably won't know for sure for a long time.
Old 2009-12-01, 01:19   Link #4550
Blank-Mage

She's probably hanging out with Nagi. Wherever THAT is.

I'm just dying to hear their excuse for not helping their 10-year-old son. I know they're wanted, and don't want to be seen, but seriously? Negi already resorted to dark magic, and his soul is being corrupted every time he uses it! He's being hunted by multiple factions and the authorities! He's been on the verge of death multiple times! And they STILL don't show up to lend a hand to their own child? Yeah, they better have a reeeeally good reason. Like, being in a coma. Or locked in another dimension. If not, they qualify as the most uncaring parents ever.
Old 2009-12-01, 06:18   Link #4551
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
She's probably hanging out with Nagi. Wherever THAT is.

I'm just dying to hear their excuse for not helping their 10-year-old son. I know they're wanted, and don't want to be seen, but seriously? Negi already resorted to dark magic, and his soul is being corrupted every time he uses it! He's being hunted by multiple factions and the authorities! He's been on the verge of death multiple times! And they STILL don't show up to lend a hand to their own child? Yeah, they better have a reeeeally good reason. Like, being in a coma. Or locked in another dimension. If not, they qualify as the most uncaring parents ever.
Or chao have visited those 2 and told them not to do anything whatsoever, that no matter what happens negi wont die and is part of his destiny, blah blah blah....
Old 2009-12-01, 08:47   Link #4552
kwendy

Quote:
Or chao have visited those 2 and told them not to do anything whatsoever, that no matter what happens negi wont die and is part of his destiny, blah blah blah....
There is no way Nagi'll beleve it He is not that kind of human, and you should understand it at least from conversation with the mage of the Beginning.
There is not much clues and it'll take too much time to find them all and make a proper theory of their disappear.
Where was Arika when Ala Rubla traveled with Asuna? Why Nagi traveled alone after he resqued Arika? Why Nagi was so shure he'll never see his son again? And how did he appeared in "hometown", find out about rade on village and why did he gone again with the desire Negi never been involved? Have Athanasia any relation to Nagi's story or she is just side character?
Old 2009-12-01, 19:39   Link #4553
Blank-Mage

What doesn't make sense to me is that saving Negi and the village proves that Nagi both knows what's happening, and can do something about it. Or at least, he could then, maybe something changed. Still, he only stepped in to save Negi's life and then promptly ran off again of his own volition. This might mean either he doesn't want to drag his son into all of this (which hardly matters now, all things considered,) or that he just has something more important to do (which is crazy, seeing as to how Negi is currently influencing the fate of the entire magical world. and fighting villains even NAGI had problems with.)

My theories are that maybe Nagi isn't the one that saved Negi that day, or that he made some kind of binding agreement with The Big Bad Mage of the Beginning. Or both? Gah, why didn't he just tell Negi his reasons when they met?!
Old 2009-12-01, 20:47   Link #4554
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I think nagi is the one that saved negi cause if you notice in the recent chapter we got to see a replay of Nagi saving negi and also a close up of his face and that was definitely nagi.. Also that replay wasn't from Negi's memories but from another person's memory.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:02   Link #4555
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Negima has so many things unsaid and so many mysterious and possibilitys, all is left for us too see them and wait patiently for them too unrevealed themselves.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:02   Link #4556
BlueDo

Latest Negima chapter has finally been scanlated.

My mind is blown after seeing this (don't click till you finish the chapter)
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:00   Link #4557
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
My mind is blown after seeing this (don't click till you finish the chapter)
I see you were watching that 4chan thread, too.

Jack Rakan, gladiator. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the magic. We have the capability to build the magical world's first bionic man. Jack Rakan will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:30   Link #4558
ChronoReverse

Damnit Rakan, you better not die even if you're killed.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 01:34   Link #4559
Blank-Mage

This was a great chapter for me, because we finally get to see someone stop and ask some questions. And Negi logic-owned Kurt, big time. Regretably, we still have yet to find out why Kurt only aims to save 1 in 18 people, but at least Negi socked it to him for trying it. (And hey, Negi still gets points for asking Kurt's reasons. Not his fault Kurt would rather fight then answer, the important thing is that he asked.)

I imagine this'll go one of two ways: Negi will knock Kurt into next week and then get some answers... (Defeated villains are really talkative like that, you know? It's weird.)

Or Negi will knock Kurt into next week, and Kurt will see the light and help Negi. It's hard to guess if that'll happen, because we still don't know why he went bad in the first place. It's possible, though.

Either way, next week Negi knocks Kurt into 2 weeks from now, so that'll be fun to see. As for Rakan? I have no idea now. (What's stopping The Mage from just erasing the armor like he did his limbs? Or why not his torso?)
Old 2009-12-03, 03:46   Link #4560
orangejuicetang

Or Kurt could, you know, win. Or tie. Those possibilities always exist.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy