AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 16:01   Link #1621
ChampDream
Alive

I can't wait to see Hakuryuu kick some ass and
Spoiler for remove:

so,how many episodes is this going to have?
Old 2013-02-25, 17:04   Link #1622
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
so,how many episodes is this going to have?
24-26 episodes
Old 2013-02-25, 18:15   Link #1623
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Morgiana confirmed as "no pan". Crunchyroll article

I suppose I shouldn't surprised given its setting.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 18:21   Link #1624
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The greatest mystery of Magi has been solved.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:06   Link #1625
alluka

Some changes here. I dont mind it, but I think Yoshino went a little too far: the idea of hating Hakuryuu didn't even cross Alibaba's mind in the manga. Why change this? It only makes Alibaba more angstier than he already is, give him a break Yoshino..

After this part, I couldn't take this guy seriously anymore
Old 2013-02-25, 19:56   Link #1626
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As a non-reader of the manga, I'm wondering if someone can answer a question which I don't think is spoiling because it concerns what's already happened. Is this trend in the anime - Alibaba angst becoming the focus of the series more and more - carried over, or a major change? I'm quite disappointed at the direction the series has gone - Aladdin seems to have been reduced to a minor side character/mascot, and we have what comes off a traditional shounen focus on a very formulaic shounen lead who seems like the least interesting person in the cast.

Aladdin is most of the energy and humor in the series for me, and Morgiana and Sinbad's merits are pretty self-evident. It feels as if the elements that made the series seem unusual and distinctive and being buried by the ones that make it seem predictable and conventional.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-02-25 at 20:28.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 20:08   Link #1627
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Hear hear! Less Alibaba, more Aladin and Morgiana!

This week was an entertaining enough episode. No complaints (other than angstybaba). Can't wait to see what this dungeon has in store for our party.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 20:29   Link #1628
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As a non-reader of the manga, I'm wondering if someone can answer a question which I don't think is spoiling because it concerns what's already happened. Is this trend in the anime - Alibaba angst becoming the focus of the series more and more - carried over, or a major change? I'm quite disappointed at the direction the series has gone - Aladdin seems to have been reduced to a minor side character/mascot, and we have what comes off a traditional shounen focus on a very formulaic shounen lead who seems like the least interesting person in the cast.

Aladdin is most of the energy and humor in the series for me, and Morgiana and Sinbad's merits are pretty self-evident. It feels as if the elements that made the series seem unusual and distinctive and being buried by the ones that make it seem predictable and conventional.

Yeah, in the Manga, Alibaba doesn't have any angst at this point. Its purely the director of this show.

pretty much around 35-40%of the episode wasn't in the manga
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 21:05   Link #1629
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Ekatarina. So i guess the that was what the bee sting was for. Lol Pisti doesn't qualify as an onee-san to Aladdin. Hakuryuu seems pretty upfront and likable. Though this whole angst angle with Alibaba really is annoying.
Old 2013-02-25, 21:27   Link #1630
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Ekatarina. So i guess the that was what the bee sting was for. Lol Pisti doesn't qualify as an onee-san to Aladdin. Hakuryuu seems pretty upfront and likable. Though this whole angst angle with Alibaba really is annoying.
I kind of felt bad for her there. For Aladdin Onee-san status has nothing to do with age, he has a specific requirement .

On the positive side, Morgiana's posing is always good .
Old 2013-02-26, 02:19   Link #1631
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I love Morgiana. She's so earnest. (Haven't I said that already? Well, I do, and she is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
Some changes here. I dont mind it, but I think Yoshino went a little too far: the idea of hating Hakuryuu didn't even cross Alibaba's mind in the manga. Why change this?
At a guess - in the manga, the arc was about Hakuryuu. He was the one who had things to overcome. But rather than trying to make us care about a new character, the anime will be about Alibaba again.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 02:30   Link #1632
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Which is a problem for those of us who don't care about Alibaba to begin with...
Old 2013-02-26, 04:06   Link #1633
Kakkou
Tch.

It's also a problem for those who love Alibaba =s. The fact that he was perfectly cool with who Hakuryu was and how Hakuryu found it bewildering made for some great dynamic between them and emphasised on what sort of person Hakuryu is.

Not to mention Alibaba's mindset was the direct result of what happened in Balbad, so changing that kinda throws out a very vital piece of character development he should have gotten. It's just not the same as having him learn that in this arc, which is what I presume is what the staff is trying to do.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 08:12   Link #1634
shibakun

Is there any news about a possible continuation of the anime if the ratings/sales are good? Will we get an anime original ending because it's only 25 episodes?

There is still so much content available from the manga that they can animate. It'd be such a waste to just leave the manga to finish things.

Last edited by shibakun; 2013-02-26 at 12:03. Reason: removed inaccurate season
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 09:17   Link #1635
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

The way the director of the anime is putting in excessive Alibaba angst is a pity. He's not doing Alibaba any favours there.

Other than the added angst, it was a pretty good ep. But, they still need to brush up on the art in some places. After the group got grabbed, Morgiana's bracelets were mysteriously absent for the rest of the episode.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 10:38   Link #1636
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can someone point me to the scene where Alibaba is angsting, cos I must have missed it. O_o

How can there be a season 3 if there's not even a season 2 yet?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:16   Link #1637
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

At this point in the manga, Alibaba doesn't have what you called "angst" anymore. He pretty much focus on moving forward, dealing with Al-Sarmen and remain in a bright, confident mood most of the time. More importantly, he treated Hakuryu very nice , he and Aladdin actually tried to befriend Hakuryuu .

Somehow I have a feeling that Magi anime will have an original ending while the manga still go on ( Like what happened with Needless )

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2013-02-26 at 13:02.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 16:03   Link #1638
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamn it. I really liked Alibaba in the beginning of this but now? He's starting to seriously get on my nerves.

Isn't this supposed to be all about Aladdin?
Old 2013-02-26, 16:32   Link #1639
Lycodrake

Just got around to watching the anime adaption, and I have to say that it's "okay", but certainly not as good as it could be.
It feels like they're trying to do what was done for FMA 2003, Soul Eater, and the like, but blundering.

As for all the negative commentary on Alibaba: yeah, the anime adaption has him angst way too much; he's a whole lot better in the manga.

But for those who don't even give him a chance and want him gone? Sorry, this series isn't for you, if you haven't already figured it out - he's Aladdin's best friend.
Can you please be quiet, or get over it, so that the rest of the viewers can enjoy the series?
Old 2013-02-26, 19:33   Link #1640
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Who was Aladdin, again? Is he in this series?

This whole "if you don't have something good to say, just get out" attitude seems to pop up in forums a lot, but it still depresses me every time I see it. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a discussion forum at all rather than a fan club.

As for an anime-original ending, for all its issues the anime is selling very well. Clearly, it would see mto be profitable to extend it, given how much manga is left. Why wouldn't A-1 go that route? It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to end this at two cours.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-02-26 at 19:53.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen