AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-28, 19:00   Link #241
Paiser

this anime is sooo good I hope it aint going to get licend either!

Is there a manga for it?
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 12:35   Link #242
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If an anime airs on TBS' BS-i channel, it is a likely given that it is a 12 part series.
True true, although mahoro did run a total of 26 eps, and being the same team that did mahoro, it wouldn't suprise me to see them do it. It is possible that they would break it up in the same way though. The current pacing though suggests that it will be beyond 12 eps.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 21:57   Link #243
Tokubetsu EX
Benevolent Samurai

Send a message via AIM to Tokubetsu EX
I also believe it will 26 episodes. Then again it could always a Tsuikhime and speed up during the last half lol i doubt it though.
Tokubetsu EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 22:35   Link #244
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser

Is there a manga for it?
Yes, there is a manga out for it.

I believe it started just before the anime was released.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 05:22   Link #245
zepher

Gainax

Gainax is losing it.

These days all they do is fanservice.

Their shows have become immature, far worse then they previously were, at least back in the day they had this care free and alive feeling to them that made them special. These days they are washed over with cliche and fanservice.

The pre Kare Kano Gainax was a better studio, but ofcourse, Anno was still around then, even though the types of shows they make hasn't reall changed, back then they at least had great style, flair, composition, camera work, layout, detail and design. These days it's just "another one of those 4 billion anime" type things, where everything looks, feels, acts, and moves just like the other 4 billion anime on tv right now. These days Gainax shows are overruled by fanservice.

The biggest shame is that Yamaga, the director of Honneamise no Tsubasa - Oritsu Uchugun, is also the director of Mahoromatic, such a waste of talent.
These days Gainax is giving into the fans way too much.
If the original founders of Gainax would be dead, they would be rolling in their graves, but the problem is that THEY are the ones making all this disposeable garbage that is as forgetable as the road sign you pass by on the highway at 120 km/h...and even call it their "20th anniversery show" My god!
A little test..look at any Gainax show older then Kare Kano, and look at what is different about them, i'm sure the difference will be as clear as day.
I enjoyed Daicon 3 100000x more then i enjoyed Konomini.

Most anime fans dont appreciate the artform either, eventhough they say they do, most fans just want to be fed the same things over and over again. Consumerism.
I hear people say stuff like "if there are no mechs its not fun" or "i only watch shoujo".
Dont get me wrong, i dont mind people liking those types of shows and not watching anything else, but don't claim to "love anime as an artform" when you yourself never venture out beyond a certain genre, especially genres as saturated as "mech" and "shoujo".
This is most evident from the praise Gainax is recieving for these shows, they know how to pull your strings.

Some people have told me that Gainax has been making these disposeable shows to make quick cash to fund their next big project "Aoi Uru" but that still needs to be confirmed, its a nice theory though, rather logical since these shows are huge cash cows which make money fast becuase of the "kawaii" characters and "emotional drama".

Ohwell, now that Anno's back in anime, we might see some good stuff from Gainax, untill then i'll keep Gainax on the "taking a break" list, and follow studios like Studio 4C and Production I.G more closely.
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 06:27   Link #246
Freakman

Episode 5 sucked as much as the rest, but i'll give it credit for
Spoiler:

And something's weird with this series : the people in there have absolutely no reaction to talking robots appearing in front of their eyes o_O
Looks like episode 6 will have some action, but will for the rest be some more "Let's learn about japanese life with Hikari and Akari !" - oh yeah.
I wonder why i'm even watching this.
The only way they can redeem this series would be a massive cast slaughter.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 07:19   Link #247
wao
OK.

I think you do have to give credit that Gainax didn't do all the storywriting though; it was based on a manga... but why do that manga? Why couldn't they have decided to do some other manga? I hope the theory that they're just raising money for the next project is true. Gainax hasn't had a particularly brilliant past regarding budgets

And yeah, I really should eat my words. Despite saying I would stop watching the show at ep 2, I still went on to watch until episode 4. However, I still hate teh show. I'm convinced it has almost no potential. Why on earth did they decide to animate such a stupid manga...
Old 2004-04-30, 08:27   Link #248
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
You read my mind, I really hope they go that way.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 08:45   Link #249
zepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
And yeah, I really should eat my words. Despite saying I would stop watching the show at ep 2, I still went on to watch until episode 4. However, I still hate teh show. I'm convinced it has almost no potential. Why on earth did they decide to animate such a stupid manga...
According to the info i have, and it's been posted above on this thread...the manga and anime came out at the same time.
Also see here for more info...

Original Concept:
Hiroyuki Yamaga
Shouji Saeki

well, you see this is a 100% Gainax thing, unless ANN has incorrect info, and my sources are also incorrect.

But ofcourse, Mahoromatic was based on a manga...but back to your question, why pick that manga? to make money ofcourse.
They know what the fanboys want, they want "kawaii" girls with easy controllable personalities who depend on male leads to feel safe.

Ofcourse that's just one theory, another one would be that Gainax just ran out of ideas and are doing this becuase they now totally suck.

But Yamaga also has the wrong idea, you dont need a huge budget to make something good, its been proven by Gainax themselves back in the day when making interesting and entertaining shows on shoestring budgets, now they seem to think you need massive funding for anime.

Last edited by zepher; 2004-04-30 at 09:14.
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 09:34   Link #250
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
I totally agree. For the moment, I'm dropping this show. It's just not worth the time or bandwidth.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:03   Link #251
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser

Is there a manga for it?

I hope it doesn't get licensed either, but for reasons completely opposite yours. Heh
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 14:48   Link #252
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Why do they need to make it fanservice-y? There's no point with all the awkward scenes... the show could be so much more, but I like it cause of the cast. (minus Hikari).
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:36   Link #253
EIFY

So here is the Gainax's official web page for Konomini
http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/konomini/index.html

It's clear now there will be 12 episodes:
1. The first DVD release contains two episodes, and the container box is designed to fit 6 DVDs.

2. The story section of the web page also anticipates 12 episodes only.
EIFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 08:45   Link #254
the_marshal

Well if it is only 12eps I don't know were this show is going !

The first 4eps seems like an introduction for me... the story didn't go anywhere yet, I don't dislikes this show, but at the curent state I am sceptic that it will turn in something more serious... might be that the anime turn dark in the last few eps, I hope it will be better that mahoromatic through :/

Or maybe it will be like mahoromatic.... 2 season... well don't like this either, if they had a good story for a 26eps series they would have just make a 26eps show, wouldn't they ?
the_marshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 13:52   Link #255
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_marshal
Well if it is only 12eps I don't know were this show is going !

The first 4eps seems like an introduction for me... the story didn't go anywhere yet, I don't dislikes this show, but at the curent state I am sceptic that it will turn in something more serious... might be that the anime turn dark in the last few eps, I hope it will be better that mahoromatic through :/

Or maybe it will be like mahoromatic.... 2 season... well don't like this either, if they had a good story for a 26eps series they would have just make a 26eps show, wouldn't they ?
I guessing both girl-boy pairs will transform and fight each other, some people will die, and in the end the two girls will probably merge or something. They'd better hurry up with carnage...
Old 2004-05-02, 13:17   Link #256
Paiser

i hope this will turn out GOOD ending not those gay endings like Gundam SeeD. Our world... Wut the heck is that?
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 18:16   Link #257
gareth_wood

my two cents worth

From watching the first 4 episodes of the series the conclusion that i have come to is that the light or entity or whatever it is, is the extinction agent and that it has split into two of the dominate species of the planet, one to view the good parts of humanity and one to view the dark parts of our world, and when they have seen enough, the two forms will merge into the judge of humanity and weigh the memories that it(they) had as hikari and akari have accumalated and decide whether we are next for extinction, we have seen that takeru has powers of destuction, so imho it seems logical that ryou will have powers of growth or healing, and i believe that it is his "power" that brought the stag beetle that akari longed to see.
gareth_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 18:54   Link #258
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
It's possible Gareth... but I was personally hoping for some of the cast to kick the bucket along the way. ^___^
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 19:45   Link #259
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth_wood
From watching the first 4 episodes of the series the conclusion that i have come to is that the light or entity or whatever it is, is the extinction agent and that it has split into two of the dominate species of the planet, one to view the good parts of humanity and one to view the dark parts of our world, and when they have seen enough, the two forms will merge into the judge of humanity and weigh the memories that it(they) had as hikari and akari have accumalated and decide whether we are next for extinction, we have seen that takeru has powers of destuction, so imho it seems logical that ryou will have powers of growth or healing, and i believe that it is his "power" that brought the stag beetle that akari longed to see.
Sounds pretty likely.
Old 2004-05-02, 19:53   Link #260
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I haven't watch this, I only been saving the episodes on hard disk, but reading the posts here, is it that bad?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote