AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 08:44   Link #101
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

It's hard for me to compare any of the op's to the first one as that is the reason why I started watching RM. Once I heard it I hunted around on the interweb and found a piccie of the lead dressed as Shinku I was wowed. It still is on my favorite list for casual listening.
Old 2006-12-13, 11:33   Link #102
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Meh, I think (read: hope) that the OP and ED will match the tone of the episodes, and add to the overall experience.
True, I suppose we can't compare OPs without first seeing the content that OP serves.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 12:45   Link #103
Shardesh
The Gardener's Shears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki View Post
Ouverture Op in higher resolution: http://stage6.divx.com/members/238246/videos/1053242
I was late and the video was removed
Could someone who saved it upload it somewhere, please? ^^"
Shardesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 13:12   Link #104
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i like the new OP song tbh i think it will fint in more with the dark mysterious mood of ouverture ^_^

heres an amv with the long version of the song...its isnt the best but still i love gin sama

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 13:20   Link #105
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardesh View Post
When I get the CD/DVD later this week, I'll see if I can't encode a DVD-quality version and put it up on my site.
Old 2006-12-13, 14:13   Link #106
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardesh View Post
Here ya go, enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZU3340I
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 16:41   Link #107
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Hmmm......recently I've been wondering why SHinku looks so evil in the opening, but Sugintou looks a lot more gentle, only sad.

I wonder if Shinku isn't as good as we've led to believe............maybe she was the one who maipulated Gin into beeing evil in the first place?

Hope not. I love Shinku!
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 17:05   Link #108
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Hmmm......recently I've been wondering why SHinku looks so evil in the opening, but Sugintou looks a lot more gentle, only sad.

I wonder if Shinku isn't as good as we've led to believe............maybe she was the one who maipulated Gin into beeing evil in the first place?
Ouverture is puting the story on Gin's side...from Gin's point of view, the vilain is Shinku (cos' she is more beautiful, cos' Rozen likes her more or what else).
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 19:08   Link #109
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

because she knows how to make tea.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 20:23   Link #110
Alu
Guide my hand...

8 days to go !!
..though.. the anxiety is painfuly killing me ^^

Having now seen the OP I am more then positive that, even though ~Ouverture~ will only be 2 episodes, it will without a doubt prove itself as having been worth this long 1 year wait.

So far the OP has given us already some conclusions of what realy expect on these 2 episodes; altough I am sure most already had an idea of this when some images (as we can now link) from the OP where posted on the Megami magazine.
..Still it was a compleatly diferent experience (as it always is) when seeing them play in its fluent course.

And I have to state (I doubt anyone will disagree), the animation was just simply flawless...
So with this, surely ~Ouverture~ will probably give us the best animation we have ever seen in the Rozen Maiden series.

Regarding the OST's now, I was quite surprised when regarding " Baragoku Otome ", ALI PROJECT realy chose a very diferent type of sonorization for ~Ouverture~ then they did for the previous 2 OP's for Season 1 & ~Traumend~.
Hence I have to admit that at first I was enjoying more the OP sequence itself rather then the OP theme instead..; however.. as I watched it countless times over again and again " Baragoku Otome " seemed to fit more and more perfectly into each sequence..., leaving me in short time.. compleatly fallen for it

Its funny that most of the musics by ALI Project tend to have this effect on me, but by the end I just can't seem to get enough of them ^^
(just like it happened with 'Kinjirareta Asobi' & 'Hikari no Rasenritsu' )

Beeing now in fact " Gokuraku Kei Hime ", (also by ALI PROJECT) which I take it is the ED theme for ~Ouverture~ much more similar to what we previously listened two in the past 2 Seasons.
Hence in my opinion now, not taking away how realy well does 'Baragoku Otome' play along with the OP.., 'Gokuraku Kei Hime' definitly seems a bit more superior in motion to it; beeing it probably what most expected to be the OP.

Sadly the ED sequence has not been "released" yet.., so currently I cannot realy tell if 'Gokuraku will fit as well as 'Baragoku' does for the Opening..; but never the less.. to me both of these songs are already part of how positive I am that ~Ouverture~ will be an exceptional OVA

Now to adress something that I saw previously written.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Ouverture is puting the story on Gin's side...from Gin's point of view, the vilain is Shinku (cos' she is more beautiful, cos' Rozen likes her more or what else).
I don't belive we should realy adress things in this prespective, or at least not so as in a straight line that is..
Like I previously mencioned, from several weeks now we already had a good idea of what ~Ouverture~ would mainly consist in, and having seen the OP I am 100% positive that in these 2 episodes will consist in basicaly ~Ouverture~ beeing mostely focused on Gin and on one single particular aspect; beeing this as how her storyline development started to the conclusion we know (which in the process will show us what where the reasons for her hatred towards Shinku).

However currently we are not given any hints or clues that lead to speculations of those said reasons, or even in fact.. "trigger moments"..; hence I belive for first expectations we must take a more open view on this entire part of the story and not state out Shinku is "the vilain", for alot of aspects may / and will come into play.

In my opinion I view this as that some sort of events started to unfold in a particular way.., way this that lead Gin to become jealous of Shinku, beeing this probably the first catalyst that lead to the down spiral of hatred that then started to unfold..
..thing is.., we have absolutley no idea what sort of events are these that lead to this..

Apart from of course we knowing that Gin, when analysing her caracter has always shown some sort of jealousy upon seeing Rozen create each new doll, it is a taken fact that something else of much bigger relevance happened between her and Shinku in particular.
But never the less, this does not mean that Shinku is to be protrayed exactly as the guilty party in the storyline..

From what I take it most developments that often lead to conclusions as the one we witnessed upon seeing the two for the first time in Season 1, usualy are often caused by one party beeing lead to take a diferent prespective oposite to the other; beeing this something due to possible various influences.
..adding then the jealousy that Gin in particular has.., it blinds her to this prespective.

As the same would happen to Shinku.., altough not due to jealousy.., but her determination & strong will have acted as a barrier blinding her to her own prespective aswell.
..only for then in ~Traumend~ us to witness a change in this.

Hence what we can so far definitly say is that.., neither can realy be determined as the "vilain".., for in each one's prespective lies the oposite of the other..
It will be in fact in the revelation of the events that lead to this, and to how these will unfold that we will then get the full in-sight as to how the entire story began.

Not ruling aside of course.., there is a huge possibility that there might exist a reason behind the events.., a reason this caused by a third party..
Making no more then Gin & Shinku simple pawns played out to follow shift and spiral towards hatred towards each other..

Something that would be typicial of a certain mysterious character we know ^^

..Altough this last part is nothing more then a possibility amongst many..
( amusing however that ALI PROJECT's ~Ouverture~ OST CD had a picture of Laplace no Ma in its Booklet )

-
ah.. I almost forgot.., realy so sorry for having been away for so long..; I'm realy glad to see that everyone & everything here have never stopped
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 23:01   Link #111
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

You always write so much Alu! But it's all very topical and interesting, so I don't mind.
Old 2006-12-14, 01:23   Link #112
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu View Post
Its funny that most of the musics by ALI Project tend to have this effect on me, but by the end I just can't seem to get enough of them ^^
(just like it happened with 'Kinjirareta Asobi' & 'Hikari no Rasenritsu' )
Did you mean "聖少女領域 (Seishoujo Ryouiki; Saintly Girl Territory)" by Ali Project?

Traumend's Ending song, "光の螺旋律 (Hikari no Rasenritsu; Spiralling Melody of Light)" was sung by Kukui and not Ali Project.

..and I still doubt that, Gokuraku Kei Hime would be the ending theme. It's most likely an extra song like in most Opening Singles. ..but we'll soon find out.

-

Old 2006-12-14, 03:21   Link #113
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

Rozen Maiden just wouldn't be the same without the sounds of Ali Project playing somewhere in it. I can't wait to hear Gokuraku Kei Hime, if its as good as their other songs then count me in! Although I confess myself disappointed that Kukui didn't do the ending to the OVA, I REALLY loved the ending song to the second season alot. Then again I guess we don't know for sure what the ED is so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Vegeta X
vegetax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 10:44   Link #114
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
Traumend's Ending song, "光の螺旋律 (Hikari no Rasenritsu; Spiralling Melody of Light)" was sung by Kukui and not Ali Project.
Ah, thanks for pointing it out Solwy; my mistake there... this is what I get for not listening to the previous OST's in a while
Your right Hikari no Rasenritsu is ~Traumend~'s ED, the correct name of the song I wanted to quote was Seishoujo Ryouiki; this beeing its OP I was taking in comparison with Kinjirareta Asobi & now Baragoku Otome, all 3 performed by ALI Project.

Regarding Gokuraku Kei Hime now, I take it it has a chance of beeing the ED, or at least I so far have viewed it as such.., however yes, nothing is certain regarding it.
In my previous analysis though I mostely chose to comment on it because of when compared with Baragoku Otome, it was probably what most would expect on a Rozen Maiden OP by ALI Project.
For example as I previously stated, not taking away the fact as to how Baragoku Otome plays so well with the sequences when we watch the OP, in terms of what we where used to listen; or at least to me.. Gokuraku Kei Hime seemed more similar to the to the previous OP themes.

Never the less they are both great songs by ALI Project though.., and I realy have no objections in Gokuraku Kei Hime beeing used in its ED..; something that.. I have some hope in

Last edited by Alu; 2006-12-14 at 11:10.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 07:22   Link #115
Lost

WB Alu and sol

Finally saw the OP, and naturally Shinku would factor-in a big deal in Ouverture. Its gonna be a treat for Shinku and Gin fans; but only one can imerge the winner at the end of Ouverture! I'll comment more after I've read Alu's post and made mine damned post in the Freedom Project thread.

(the OP's up for torrent, BTW, at everybody's favourite library of Japanese media /no not AnimeSuki)

/edit

Okay, so I haven't read Alu's post yet. Need sleep...

But meh, methinks this OP is quite okay. Of course its not as fast or chaotic as Kinjirareta Asobi or Seishoujo Ryouiki; but something interesting here: if you listen carefully, you can actually hear elements of both KA and SR in Baragoku Otome, in the tune of the music and tone of the artiste (I suppose Ali Project is that distinctive). At the same time, however, this OP maintains itself apart from the two other OPs; being quite distinctive from them both. And thats good I think, because thats what I want Ouverture to be: New and original, yet retaining some elements of its Originals.

And wow, it shows Gin's recreation. But at whose hands?

Last edited by Lost; 2006-12-15 at 11:25. Reason: added stuff
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 18:16   Link #116
meimei
Rozen Maiden Crazy

Send a message via MSN to meimei
check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV47r7N1ojw&eurl= this is the rozen maiden ouverture op!
meimei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:14   Link #117
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

A DVD-quality vid and a LQ subbed version of the Ouverture OP are up on Alice-Game.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2006-12-16 at 01:28.
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 09:54   Link #118
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

OK, double-posting, so sorry.

Fansub no Tameni (which I may or may not be a member of -_- ) has confirmed that they plan on subbing Ouverture. Any confirmation from other groups out there? I know Ayu did both seasons, but as far as I know they have not decided yet.
Old 2006-12-17, 10:53   Link #119
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
Hello.

I have just recently completed watching RM and RM Traumend, really good anime. Anyways I also recently watched the Ouverture OP. Looks really promising at this point. True, that the OP songs in both seasons rocks really hard, honestly these two OPs are the ones I never skipped while watching the anime. Ouverture OP song does seem like a change of pace, I shall guess that it's all for the better and perhaps its more befitting for Ouverture.

Yes, I very curious too as why the animosity between Sugintou and Shinku runs so deep. Hopefully Ouverture will answer most of our questions. More sword weilding Sugintou is always good IMHO. Hopefully Suiseiseki gets ample screen time too. More desu is also good.

Anyways I'm lucky to have only completed RM only a few days before Ouverture, guessed you guys might have waited for this like almost forever. Hopefully the long wait is well justified in the end for you guys...^_^
Lord Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:42   Link #120
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ im glad you enjoyed it

well yea hopefully we will see why gin hates shinku so much ~ anyone with speculation ideas (besides the fact that shinku calls gin "junk") theres a pic somewhere that shows them having tea together which would suggest that they were close sisters x amount of time ago...

only 5~6 days left!! *shakes* :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, ova, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural