AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 04:05   Link #1
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Kazumi Magica - The Innocent Malice (Spinoff manga series)

Mahou Shoujo Kazumi Magica
Spinoff started serializing in Manga Time Kirara Forward starting March 2011 issue (release on January 24, 2011).

Story by Hiramatsu Masaki.
Illustrated by Tensugi Takashi.

Thread Guidelines

• Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Linking to scan sites or individual scanlating group sites are forbidden. An acceptable alternative is the series page on Mangaupdates.com.
  • Speculation and what-not is welcome. To make it easier on your fellow forum members, please enclose such speculation in clearly marked spoiler tags.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-03-15 at 02:52.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:19   Link #2
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

whoa!! that's nice! XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:55   Link #3
sirn
田舎者言うな

Just finished the first chapter… its relation to Madoka is much weaker than I thought. But Kazumi is adorable.

Spoiler for ch1 summary:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:59   Link #4
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Edit: I answered my own question. Nevermind. XD

Definitely looks and sounds interesting.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:48   Link #5
scr
my sides are in orbit

Ummm... i don't see how Kazumi's story is supposed to be related to Madoka's
Good job btw, sirn. Do you actually live in Japan?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 07:02   Link #6
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

It's not a mahou shoujo...

it's just...

DARK THRILLER
Old 2011-01-25, 07:37   Link #7
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Am I the only one to notice that her expression is rather menacing when she disposed of the monster?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 14:55   Link #8
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Am I the only one to notice that her expression is rather menacing when she disposed of the monster?
Well, it is titled "Innocent Malice"
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 15:38   Link #9
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I'm not quite sure I'm approving of that huge hat o_o but the expression of the background character on the cover seems particularly ominous :S
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:16   Link #10
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Who here is willing to bet that Kazumi will make sort of appearance in the last episode of the anime or something.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 17:34   Link #11
Raiga
tl;dr

What interests me is what the inspector lady said when she started transforming... referring to the mysterious person/thing who gave her the information on Tachibana. "Not only did (s)he give me information, (s)he also gave me power enough to kill someone without leaving a single trace." Possible indication of another Kyubey-type figure? Or maybe Kyubey himself...?
Old 2011-02-19, 06:13   Link #12
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
the spin off Kazumi Magicka is so-so but i'll give it a couple of chapters to judge it.. totally not comparable to Madoka Magicka manga

amnesiac moe mahou shoujo.. she looks like a witch though and no Kyubey
Old 2011-02-19, 14:06   Link #13
Sol Falling

So...that was pretty awesome. Is there such a thing as naked moe? :P lol but Kazumi was just great in general. The generally cheerful and flippant atmosphere will probably make this a fun ride regardless of content. On the other hand, Kazumi's art is kinda not very attractive when she's wearing a serious expression. Cognitive dissonance. I wonder if I won't have an issue with that as we get deeper into the manga.

Kazumi was kidnapped, has magical powers, and seems to have lost all her memories. There is the mysterious figure whom she was supposed to have been traded to; there is also the mysterious figure who gave the cop powers and a lead on the cook guy. They both seem to have been specifically targeted at Kazumi, but I can't feel yet that both mysterious figures are the same person. Kinda interesting.

I will be interested to know how this manga is related at all to Madoka Magica. Thus far they even seem completely different universes. So far, it is more interesting/entertaining than the anime adaption manga though as the content is stuff we haven't seen before.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:04   Link #14
Scrooge McDuck

As a fan of cross-media franchise, I am a bit miffed that this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Madoka Magica universe. The only common factor is that both try a different approach to the genre.
Scrooge McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 21:29   Link #15
Miraluka
Banned

After reading the first chapter, I have to say Kazumi is more interested by far compared to Madoka and her I-can't-do-nothing syndrome.

I wonder if anyone else has thought of Kyubee when Kazumi's got flash memory about corpses of herself around her.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 23:35   Link #16
Raiga
tl;dr

... btw whatever happened to this? When do chapters come out?
Old 2011-03-13, 00:23   Link #17
Shadow5YA

I can't tell whether this is set in the distant, unspecified future of Madoka's time, or if this is in a different universe entirely.

The Puella Magi contract is exactly the same, with a silhouette of Madoka and Kyubey as reference. However, the Witch was able to be returned back to a normal human, which makes hope that Madoka was able to make a breakthrough and tweak the system.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 01:40   Link #18
novalysis

Perhaps this is a slightly different system , set after Madoka ? It might be that in this system , Puella Magi's go through 3 stages . Firstly , as a Puella Magi , Secondly , as a Witch , and finally assuming that they've survived long enough/somehow redeemed/ repent, returned to their human selves , with all it's implications .

Essentially , with Witch like powers , but without the draw back of insanity. In other words , immensely powerful reality warpers with their humanity intact - or as intact as their powers would allow them. Barriers created by them are extremely subtle and almost indistinguishable from reality, and within their barrier , their conscious will becomes reality.

Kazumi is essentially a Puella Magi - post Madoka rewrite of the rules. Which might explain why the connection is much weaker - the whole system was amended.

Alternatively , this might be a more advance system created by the Incubators , designed to ensure that Worlds last longer , and a more sustainable harvesting of souls can be effected. PM3 was essentially the prototype Alpha , this is the Beta.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 02:00   Link #19
Shadow5YA

That is the question: is this series set in the same universe as Madoka's, or is this series unrelated to Madoka's plot, and the setting is merely based on Madoka's universe?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 08:12   Link #20
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That is the question: is this series set in the same universe as Madoka's, or is this series unrelated to Madoka's plot, and the setting is merely based on Madoka's universe?
In other words , it's relation to Madoka's storyline ? My personal take is that Kazumi lives in a Universe where Witches can redeemed , and she is a Witch that has emerged out of her insanity and despair , with no memories at all of her deed as a Witch , nor as a Puella Magi . A stage 3 Puella Magi.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, spin-off