AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 05:39   Link #1041
Ridwan

Few people are aware that technology is induced by socio-economic demands and positivism is wishful thinking.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:43   Link #1042
justpassingby

Spoiler for Vol 4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
]I believed I saw a glimpse of a sentence saying that Frois knows the way to send Yoshiharu back to his era when I first skimmed the novels earlier.
Spoiler for Correction:
<------Still sad that Lee Chong Wei and Roger Federer didn't win gold

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-08-07 at 10:23. Reason: r
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:07   Link #1043
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Few people are aware that technology is induced by socio-economic demands and positivism is wishful thinking.
Now now, 1) I'm sure we're all aware of the famous quote: "Necessity is the mother of invention" and 2) I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm not talking about any major industrial revolution, but instead am talking about step-wise improvements in otherwise existing technologies

I myself may be useless but I have a couple of friends that are engineers (mechanical and chemical respectively) and they thought the premise was neat (but don't know anything about Feudal Japan) so let me pick their brains a bit more.

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 4:
Spoiler for Correction:
<------Still sad that Lee Chong Wei and Roger Federed didn't win gold
Oh noes! This is terrible foreshadowing.. Sounds like a "Vision of Escaflowne" style return to your world ending is in store..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:07   Link #1044
Mechatrill

On the technology side, I'd agree that an industrial revolution is pretty much out of the question. Heck, most of what was written on that sheet posted a few pages back aren't really applicable in this situation.

It was a point in vol 3, when it was specifically mentioned that while Japan has capable artisans and craftsmen, their bottleneck is natural resources (on a side note, that was, I think, one of the major reasons for Japan's entry and eventual defeat).

On the steam engine and better guns, I'm seeing one big problem that no one has mentioned thus far: Yoshiharu himself. Remember, he's basically an average Japanese high schooler who happens to be a Sengoku game nerd. Does he even know enough about these technologies to be able to describe them to a craftsman? Did the Japanese high school that Yoshiharu went to even get to the industrial revolution and the steam engine before he got sent back? Did Yoshiharu do well enough in that class to remember even if they did? There's every possibility that Yoshiharu simply doesn't know enough to do these things.

One thing that does bother me slightly though, there is one major thing that Yoshiharu could have spread to make a big difference even with his basic knowledge: Germ Theory and basic hygiene. Disease is always a big killer back then, and just basic hygiene could make a big difference. But then again, this is an anime/light novel, with the bent more toward the fantasy side rather than the sci fi side, so I guess it's forgivable...

On the side of developing Japan into a country capable of matching those of Europe, I personally think that the best thing Yoshiharu can do is to do exactly what he's doing right now: helping Nobuna conquer Japan. Nobuna's goals are to to increase trade with foreigners to increase Japan's knowledge and technology level and to increase sea exploration. If she actually lives to rule Japan, then rather than burying its head in the sand like Japan did in our history, her Japan would instead keep pace with the west.

That exploration part is one that I'm really interested in though. If Nobuna and her successors can put it in action, then Japan could become the defacto ruler of the entire Pacific: I don't think any of the Pacific islands had the technology level to put up much meaningful resistance, and I don't think China really cared about the Pacific back then. At that point, Japan would be the only real presence in the Pacific Ocean (other than the Europeans, I suppose, but they have to sail past a continent or two to get there, so I doubt they'd be too much of an issue either).
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:10   Link #1045
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 4:
Spoiler for Correction:
<------Still sad that Lee Chong Wei and Roger Federed didn't win gold
Was the conversation between those two only, and did Yoshiharu not hear?

Well, even if he didn't win, LCW did us proud, the game was good, I felt the heat of the third set. So close, yet so far >_<

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:34   Link #1046
justpassingby

^Which conversation?
Both conversations occurred when Yoshiharu was running away from Tsuchimikado Hisanaka's low level Shikigami.

The conversation in vol 7 happened outside of the banquet, which Frois was also invited. Yoshiharu was inside the hall.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:37   Link #1047
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
^Which conversation?
Both conversations occurred when Yoshiharu was running away from Tsuchimikado Hisanaka's low level Shikigami.

The conversation in vol 7 happened outside of the banquet, which Frois was also invited. Yoshiharu was inside the hall.
I'm asking for the latter, but... so for either case, he didn't hear about it? Well, I'd understand on the second convo, but the first convo...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:06   Link #1048
kazzuya13

Hey I just saw in BT that there is an update in the LN translation.
Thx Akuma
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:22   Link #1049
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

u guys are forgetting the fact by the early 1900 japan was the major power in the pacific.

USA was going though the great depression, which took ww2 to pull out of.

Also USA would not have gone to war if it wasnt for the japanese bombing pearl habor.

Well, they would, but much later then anticipated.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:05   Link #1050
Athena
The Power of One

Tried writing something interesting as ending, but
Spoiler for blah:

...I'm stuck here.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:54   Link #1051
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Tried writing something interesting as ending, but
Spoiler for blah:

...I'm stuck here.
Athena what about some good endings? Bad endings kind of prickles the heart a bit.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:17   Link #1052
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

The first chapter of the novel has been translated
Old 2012-08-07, 13:43   Link #1053
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Athena what about some good endings? Bad endings kind of prickles the heart a bit.
Good Ending 1:
Saru helps Nobuna finish uniting all of Japan. They then leave administration in the hands of Ieyasu and go to explore the world in his ship full of lolis.

Good Ending 2:
Due to the conflict and bloodshed needed to continue to unite the country, Saru, Nobuna and Jubei do a fake honnouji incident. It is recorded in history that Nobuna has died and any ill will of the conquered disappears with her and Saru firmly takes control of the Oda. Saru then goes on to unite the country as Hideyoshi would have and Nobuna and Jubei take on fake identities to assist/rule at his side, ushering an eventual era of peace.

Bad/Mixed/Sad Ending 1:
Jubei goes full yandere and starts the honnouji incident. Nobuna is surrounded by the flames of the burning temple, ready to take her own life as Jubei stands before her looking triumphant and crazy. Suddenly, Saru and Goemen arrive, rescuing Nobuna -- but in the chaos, Jubei accidentally stabs Saru. Clutching his wound, he hugs Jubei and tells her that he's sorry. She goes nuts and runs into the flames. Nobuna starts going crazy, Saru holds her hand and tells her not to worry. This is why he was sent to this world, to save her not for himself, but for the Japan and the world. He slowly closes his eyes, the sights and sounds of Nobuna's tearful face and screams slowly disappearing from his consciousness .. he feels peace.. He saved her and that was all that mattered.. it was a life well spent. He saved the Moon for all the future generations to cherish.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:48   Link #1054
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
The first chapter of the novel has been translated
Yeah, that is good. Now we can start some real discussion. That means 3 out of 4 requirements are done for the project to became official. The last one is the approval of the thelastguardian, but he only respond on the wekends so we'll need to wait a couple of more days. After that, it will appear as a link on the Light Novel section for easy excess instead of typing the name in the search box. Yo Aigomorla, if you are there first chapter is done so you can start reading.

I just finish reading it and I feel so sorry for Sagara at the end.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:04   Link #1055
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Bad/Mixed/Sad Ending 1:
Jubei goes full yandere and starts the honnouji incident. Nobuna is surrounded by the flames of the burning temple, ready to take her own life as Jubei stands before her looking triumphant and crazy. Suddenly, Saru and Goemen arrive, rescuing Nobuna -- but in the chaos, Jubei accidentally stabs Saru. Clutching his wound, he hugs Jubei and tells her that he's sorry. She goes nuts and runs into the flames. Nobuna starts going crazy, Saru holds her hand and tells her not to worry. This is why he was sent to this world, to save her not for himself, but for the Japan and the world. He slowly closes his eyes, the sights and sounds of Nobuna's tearful face and screams slowly disappearing from his consciousness .. he feels peace.. He saved her and that was all that mattered.. it was a life well spent. He saved the Moon for all the future generations to cherish.
Best line here.
Quote:
Sorry, sorry.
Quote:
Yeah, that is good. Now we can start some real discussion. That means 3 out of 4 requirements are done for the project to became official. The last one is the approval of the thelastguardian, but he only respond on the wekends so we'll need to wait a couple of more days. After that, it will appear as a link on the Light Novel section for easy excess instead of typing the name in the search box. Yo Aigomorla, if you are there first chapter is done so you can start reading.

I just finish reading it and I feel so sorry for Sagara at the end.
1. If you guys can pull Onizuka out or enter in contact with bicube or velocity7, it'd work too.
2. I guess that if you click on the teasers category, "Oda Nobuna" would appear.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:07   Link #1056
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

No it still not there in the teaser section, just checked. I expected the first chapter to be an interesting read, it was and blown all expectations.

Really interesting that the first meeting of Nobuna and Sagara was Nobuna sticking a Matchlock rifle in his mouth asking his name. That got to be normal back then right?
Old 2012-08-07, 14:14   Link #1057
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Really interesting that the first meeting of Nobuna and Sagara was Nobuna sticking a Matchlock rifle in his mouth asking his name. That got to be normal back then right?
I doubt that it was normal back in the 16th century.
I doubt that it was normal back in the 16th century Japan.
Though I have no doubt that it was normal if a tsundere girl meets a boy who comes from the future.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:32   Link #1058
Akumasama
Feminist

I think I have found myself a pretty good editor (moment of pride).
Well, I will be procrastinating a bit before taking up chapter 2 of the novel. (The manga would be released before that).
Enjoy the release in it's full form, I am out.

Edit: Could someone upload the images on B-T? I would if I could... it looks a bit lacklustre without those (especially when Miyama draws them so nicely).

Last edited by Akumasama; 2012-08-07 at 14:46.
Akumasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 15:54   Link #1059
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
I think I have found myself a pretty good editor (moment of pride).
Well, I will be procrastinating a bit before taking up chapter 2 of the novel. (The manga would be released before that).
Enjoy the release in it's full form, I am out.

Edit: Could someone upload the images on B-T? I would if I could... it looks a bit lacklustre without those (especially when Miyama draws them so nicely).
I got all the illustrations, but I don't got the page numbers yet from Sumeragi. She is still on her business trip. Do you still want me to post them up?
Old 2012-08-07, 16:07   Link #1060
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

im sorry but i dont want the MC to return.

There is nothing in his current world minus his family.
And yet he has new family, plus a harem of loli's who follow him arround calling him Waka-Sama.

Am i missing something??
Yes i admit family is important, but his harem is something which is not attainable, and against all public morals in the universe he belongs to.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem