Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 20:17   Link #1081
barbapapa
chochopolice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
But still anything in Morning magazine would still be seinen manga, and published under a seinen imprint.

But thats what is important here; what its "technically" is, and nothing else. If I'm going to deal with other stuff, then there is no end to this. by other stuff I mean, those that judge any manga be it by its art style, content, gender of mangaka or even the percentage of male/female readers of the manga.

I go by what the publisher says, and nothing else

If the publisher chooses to move the manga to a josei magazine and publishes it under a josei imprint, then I'll call it a josei manga, but other than that its a seinen manga.

Yeah, I pretty much agree about that, I'm not so much into josei manga, but I so loved the anime adaptation of Honey and Clover
Well I'm not telling you what to call it. I just gave my point of view, doesnt need any extra commenting. You can ignore me all the same :P

anyhow; enough on this.
Old 2006-12-16, 01:22   Link #1082
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Cheers wao. Gah, I'm still waiting for my Newtype (damn UK Customs and their archaic import restrictions!).

Hmm...DtB doesn't immediately grip me as something ground-breaking or fresh, but I'm still curious as it's BONES and Okamura and pet projects can often be lovingly fashioned (or off-puttingly self-indulgent). Character designs are a bit meh, but I suppose they're not overly decorative so maybe they're going for some degree of realism. Though Hei sounds like a text book emotionally isolated male lead and the goth/loli/doll Yin seems to be pandering to the usual crowd. Wonder if Mao likes sitting on people's heads? The first thing I thought when I saw 'talking cat' was Kenran Butou Sai! Nya~Nya~.
That's one of the things that make me glad we have a Kinokuniya, even if we get the mags 1 week late...

But regarding the character designs - at least I am so thankful they're not all glittering and sparkly like the Ayakashi Ayashi ones. Although they still somehow have a similar 'feel' to them, vaguely anyway... Same thing with Wolf's Rain and even Kenran, there's this something similar about the type of character designs they work with, isn't there? Heck, even with Eureka 7... something about the lines and the eyes or something..

Here's just hoping they get the atmosphere right, even if the characters may be so-so. Hey, I loved the mood of what I saw of Kurau...
Pet projects could really go either way, just like you mentioned. I somehow don't see this going the way Noein did though... well, we'll wait and see.
Old 2006-12-16, 02:09   Link #1083
eggplant
Eggplant

ハヤテのごとく!
Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler)

Based on the Hata Kenjirou manga serialized in the Weekly Shounen Sunday Magazine, with eight tankoubon manga volumes released.

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance

Source: World Hobby Fair Website

Manga synopsis, courtesy of Anime News Network:
Quote:
With a debt of 1.5 million, 16-year old Hayate Ayasaki's parents sell him to the yakuza to pay it off. Not wanting to be cut up and sold on the black market, Hayate escapes from the yakuza thugs, and finds a very rich girl by the name of Nagi wandering in a park at night. Deciding to kidnap the girl for ransom money, Hayate's kidnapping speech was wrongly taken as a confession of love to Nagi. She finds out about the debt, and, feeling sorry for Hayate, pays it off, as long as Hayate will be her butler until he pays off the 1.5 million (which will take about 40 years).

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2006-12-16 at 02:51. Reason: Fixed typo, added manga synopsis
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 04:22   Link #1084
NeoSam

Yes Yes Yes thanks for the info I know lots of people that will be so happy when they hear about this

Ahh volume 9 of the manga gets released today (16/12/2006)

And now for the covers :P

==========

ハヤテのごとく!
Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler)

Based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Sunday.
For now there are 9 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance

==========
Old 2006-12-16, 04:32   Link #1085
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Yay for the Butler!
I hope they'll animate the "Hayako" scenes. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 07:21   Link #1086
NeoSam

Some info about Kaibutsu Oujo Princess Resurrection manga from ICv2:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/9633.html

The cover on the above site is of Shounen Sirius magazine.

The site for the manga is here:
http://www.sirius.kodansha.co.jp/contents04.html
Old 2006-12-16, 11:08   Link #1087
barbapapa
chochopolice

Hmm another Sunday anime; I wonder when Blizzard Axel will follow, if ever :P
Old 2006-12-16, 17:27   Link #1088
NeoSam

Blue Dragon is now listed on MoonPhase's anime list to be broadcasted in April 2007.

And here's the site for Hayate the Combat Butler manga:
http://www.websunday.net/rensai/set_hayate.html
Old 2006-12-17, 01:05   Link #1089
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

With Hayate being animated, along with Nagasarete Airantou, the universe is now primed for implosion.
Old 2006-12-17, 05:15   Link #1090
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler)!!!!!!!! OMG FINALLY! WOOT
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 21:40   Link #1091
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

All we need now is a Melty Blood anime, and the universe implosion begins.
Old 2006-12-18, 04:06   Link #1092
NeoSam

I would really love to see a KimiKiss anime, the characters are just too cute

Ahh btw today is the 1 year anniversary of this thread (even though it got deleted once when the forum got hacked >.< )
Old 2006-12-18, 07:58   Link #1093
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Ahh btw today is the 1 year anniversary of this thread :spin: (even though it got deleted once when the forum got hacked >.< )
Wow! Time can go quick! You know Neosam I think the most impressive thing is that you have been updating the thread all the time since then! (337 Posts!)

So... Hayate the Combat Butler manga is getting a anime, I read about 3 volums and it was funny though.. I lost interest and didn't end up keeping up with it.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 04:27   Link #1094
Rion
Ramune~

Woah! I think this is worth a celebration~ This is one of the very few threads I'm checking regularily (every 1 or 2 days) and I'm really grateful for all the information!

Thank you, NeoSam! Please go on with this!
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 09:10   Link #1095
NeoSam

Thanks and no problem ^_^

Now for some new trailers >.<

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Mushi Oshare Movie Trailers Online
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The official websites for the upcoming Kabutomushi Ouji Mushiking Super Battle Movie ~Yami no Kaizou Kabutomushi~ and Oshare Mahou Love and Berry: Shiawase Mahou motion pictures now host streaming trailers. To watch the trailers, click the fifth button from the left on each site.

Source: Moon Phase
Old 2006-12-19, 10:09   Link #1096
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Checking this thread is like checking game news sites regularly, except that with this thread, you're more likely to get your wish granted, as opposed to hopelessly wishing for Shenmue III, Nights 2 and a Pokemon MMORPG to be made.

I KNOW that the 20th Century Boys anime announcement is round the corner. I can FEEL it.
Old 2006-12-20, 03:26   Link #1097
NeoSam

Zero no Tsukaima second season has been confirmed

Edit:

Based on a shounen light novel thats published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
For now there are 10 volumes released of the light novel and 1 volume side story.

Covers of Zero no Tsukaima light novels can be seen here.

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance

-------------------------------------------------

Other shounen light novels that are published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J and got animated:

Kage Kara Mamoru!
Kamisama Kazoku
Old 2006-12-20, 03:31   Link #1098
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Zero no Tsukaima second season has been confirmed

Source:

I would assume the staff to be the same (J.C. Staff) as the announcement was also made in the DVD Vol. 4.

In any case, great news!

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:25   Link #1099
ThoHell

Oh my, I'm lookingforward to the 2nd season of Zero no Tsukaima! Any offical release date?

Oh and by the way has anyone checked out the new anime (2 months old now) Giniro no Olynssis? It's a Mecha/Adventure/Romance. Seems pretty good so far, but a little hard to find with subs. Reminds me alot of Gundam Seed's Kira and Faye.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 03:45   Link #1100
NeoSam

New Anime Discontinuance >.>

The production of Mardock Scramble anime has been discontinued, its mentioned here with an apology from GONZO.

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers