AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-29, 01:50   Link #41
Rias

First, how each arc can be unlocked:

1. Taraimawashi / Onikakushi is available from the start.
2. Taraimawashi opens Himatsubushi.
3. Watanagashi is available from 2nd playthrough
4. Watanagashi opens up Meakashi. Tatarigoroshi probably requires Onikakushi + Watanagashi read
5. Meakashi opens Tsukiotoshi
6. Tsukiotoshi opens Tsumihoroboshi, which in turn opens Minagoroshi. After Minagoroshi, the new ending Miotsukushi is available.

How to enter each chapter:
Some are pretty obvious, selecting main characters other than Keiichi will definitely make you go into its own chapter. It also should be pretty obvious as to which partner you should choose to enter each chapter. A digest version for Keiichi start:

Taraimawashi - Just don't do anything that would make you go into other chapters.
Onikakushi - Go treasure hunting with Rena. Ask if Shion also heard the footsteps.
Watanagashi - Give the doll to Rena.
Tatarigoroshi- Go shopping with Rika and Satoko. Select options that makes you more like a big brother to her.
Tsukiotoshi - I don't remember the exact selections, but go along the lines that would push both Rena and Shion into insanity. Also go along the Tatarigoroshi-hen route to trigger a crucial event. (By this time you should know what kind of selections or events would result in what)
Tsumihoroboshi-hen - Similar to Onikakushi-hen, but try to mention things that are/used to be problems for Rena.
Old 2007-04-01, 22:51   Link #42
coffeeanon

Arigatou gozaimasu wa!
Old 2007-04-03, 22:46   Link #43
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Is there a translation to the following:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRgJSTVA_...elated&search=

.. Or is that in the TIPS section?
Old 2007-04-09, 14:09   Link #44
Judas
Victim of Fate

finally finished tsukiotoshi... hau~ this arc was great, i love it! i think i understood everything... but can someone please tell me what the 2 TIPS you get after finishing the arc are about? ^-^° i know that one of them is what happened after taraimawashi, but as i already said somewhere... i can't read most of the text and the TIPS aren't voiced -.-

edit: aaah i have problems getting into tsumihoroboshi... @Rias: are you sure i can play tsumi after finishing tsuki? and what about himatsubushi anyway... isn't finishing it neccessary in some way for another arc?

Last edited by Judas; 2007-04-09 at 15:02.
Old 2007-04-10, 03:21   Link #45
Rias

If I remembered correctly, the one of the two TIPS that you get after tsukiotoshi is just "devil's scenario", which was the same to the TIPS you get after the ending of Tsumihoroboshi-hen of the PC game. Check the TIPS thread on this board for that. As to the other TIPS:

Spoiler for taraimawashi + meakashi:

As for entering tsumihoroboshi-hen, I'm pretty sure you can enter it after Tsukiotoshi-hen, since that's what I did. Of course, I read all the other chapters before that, so that could be a factor. If I recall correctly, one of the choices you need to make is to mention about Rena's mother. As for if Himatsubushi-hen is needed or not, I am not sure, since I did read it before even entering Meakashi-hen. Plot-wise I don't think Himatsubushi-hen is needed until you reach Minagoroshi-hen, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Rias; 2007-04-10 at 17:24.
Old 2007-04-10, 11:30   Link #46
Judas
Victim of Fate

ok so it was 'devil's scenario' after all...

and mentioning rena's mother doesn't seem to be the key since i always did that and went through all the possible decision-combinations... maybe you really do have to play himatsubushi first considering you finished the other arcs before going into tsumihoroboshi >_> however i skipped through hima just to see if you have to finish it to unlock tsumi and i still wasn't able to get into tsumi... aaaah!
i guess i'll just have to play hima first without skipping everything with the start-button, maybe that doesn't count as a proper play-through of the arc *yawn* -.-

thanks anyway
Old 2007-06-21, 18:22   Link #47
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I don't want to read the thread due to spoilers, but can someone tell me the difference between the normal and limited versions of this game?
Old 2007-06-21, 18:24   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

mainly goods. (OST, post cards, etc)
Old 2007-06-21, 20:11   Link #49
MrZombie

Yeah, you get a light novel, post cards and the game music cd. There was also a mini-punching bag and some sort of pen thing shaped like a bat, but I think those were just for pre-orders.
Old 2007-06-24, 18:56   Link #50
Rias

"Mini punching bag" and "pen thing shaped like a bat" are indeed pre-order bonuses...they are available to both normal and limited edition.

There were also various bonuses like phone cards, posters or a coffee mug if you pre-ordered from the Japanese game shops like gamers or animate.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:29   Link #51
MrZombie

Aww that's a shame. The Japanese always get better collector stuff.....
Old 2007-06-24, 22:02   Link #52
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Some, please translate this game! I just payed upwards of $120 for it(Limited Edition), plus shipping and handling, so I'd at least like to know what's going on.;-;
Old 2007-06-24, 23:51   Link #53
MrZombie

I don't really see how that'd be possible beyond someone putting a script up on a website, but with ten full games in it, it'd be a hell of a lot of work. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I just bought it really as a collectors item and because of voice acting, I might be able to pick up bits and pieces of what's going on.

We'd probably be better of praying for that minuscule chance it has of being released here. The anime would have to be a huge hit for that small chance and I don't really see that with how Geneon is seemingly trying to bury the series.
Old 2007-06-25, 00:23   Link #54
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Bury the series? How?O_o

And I'm fine with someone posting a script. I don't think it would be all that hard, because of the fact that it is based on the games and there is an anime. Most people already know the gyst of the story, at least. That kind of thing should help with translation.
Old 2007-06-27, 16:40   Link #55
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
It'd be nice but the problem with a PS2 game translation is that posting a script, especially for a VN, discourages people from buying the game. With a translation patch (like what Mirror Moon uses), you still need a copy of the game to read the translation.

My advice is to keep showing your support for the anime here and write to game companies to request a translation.
Old 2007-06-27, 19:31   Link #56
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I must disagree, since games like this are better if you play it while reading the script. Just reading the script along, without the images and voice-acting would be very dull. If anything, knowing there is a script up would make more people want to buy the game, because they could finally understand it.
Old 2007-07-29, 22:24   Link #57
sezen_atacan

Since I can't read whats said in the game, How are PS2 arcs compared to the original?? For those who played and or understand it, do you think its alot better then the original arcs? From what I read it sounds like a remake except with more violence, confusion, angst etc.

Also is it true that someone will make a transcript and post it on gamefaqs as a game script or something so people can play and read along?? Just guessing....

Otherwise is there any chance of this game being animated?? Or will viewers lose interest because of over usage of redundant scenes making a "theoretically-possible" season 3 or 4 not practical?
Old 2007-07-29, 22:31   Link #58
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Here's a good question: Is Tomitake's penalty game from the first arc of the manga/game in the PS2 version?
Old 2007-07-29, 23:31   Link #59
MrZombie

More than likely yes, I can't confirm it yet, seeing as how my jps2 is still not here yet. Last time I try to import through a local store.
Old 2007-08-03, 15:35   Link #60
BanditKing

Spoiler for for Taraimawashi:
Closed Thread