Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 04:10   Link #10821
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
One does not need to have cancer to know the symptoms.
A disease is not a person. Persons are far more complex.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:11   Link #10822
Baixinho

And Lelouch is the man she loves. Go from there.

But since you seem to be just trying to be provocative, I won't answer you anymore.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:21   Link #10823
equinox822

Do you really, really think that she would put the man she loves, as you put it, over her closest friends and family, her brother's dream? Especially now that he has pretty much killed most of them? Absurd. It would be distasteful for Kallen, for her character as a whole, to put her love interest over her family and friends. And Episode 22 pretty much displayed that she was done with Lelouch's lies, choosing to oppose him. She even commented how she couldn't believe that Lelouch would go so far as to use the UN representatives as a shield. It only served to re-affirm her belief that Lelouch is evil and has to be stopped. She may have placed Lelouch before the Black Knights back in Episode 19, but then episode 22 happened.

Besides, the wording of her gum-line only makes sense if it's said to a character other than Lelouch.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:25   Link #10824
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Her gumline is to C.C. intervening to save Lelouch's arse, or Gino dying to save her, possibly taking a fatal blow launched by Suzaku in her stead. She will do what she thinks will save her comrades, Ougi, Tamaki etc. ie, her family.

Yeaaaaaaah of course, the most important Kallen line will be to...permit to CC to discover that she loves Lelouch !
yeah no doubt, it's so evident to the R2 female lead to see her most important line used to her opponent; You certainly did some merchandising studies to have understood by yourself that this card with a line directed to CC (so, most character devellopment waster EVER) will be certainly bought by all Kallen's fans.

And to be this much of a biased CC fan isn't a help to understand Kallen. At all.
I think Kallen's fans spent a lot of time to study her character and her devellopment so...I think we can pretend to know a little about our favourite character.

And your idea about the gum line isn't really helping your credibility. It's just like if I was claiming CC's gum line is destined to Cheese kun. Seriously, it's this much stupid.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:29   Link #10825
equinox822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Yeaaaaaaah of course, the most important Kallen line will be to...permit to CC to discover that she loves Lelouch !
yeah no doubt, it's so evident to the R2 female lead to see her most important line used to her opponent; You certainly did some merchandising studies to have understood by yourself that this card with a line directed to CC (so, most character devellopment waster EVER) will be certainly bought by all Kallen's fans.

And to be this much of a biased CC fan isn't a help to understand Kallen. At all.
I think Kallen's fans spent a lot of time to study her character and her devellopment so...I think we can pretend to know a little about our favourite character.

And your idea about the gum line isn't really helping your credibility. It's just like if I was claiming CC's gum line is destined to Cheese kun. Seriously, it's this much stupid.
I would refer you to my previous post. Besides, it doesn't matter what or whom the gum lines were directed to- they contain spoilers, people will buy them anyway.
Old 2008-09-15, 04:29   Link #10826
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Do you really, really think that she would put the man she loves, as you put it, over her closest friends and family, her brother's dream? Especially now that he has pretty much killed most of them? Absurd. It would be distasteful for Kallen, for her character as a whole, to put her love interest over her family and friends. And Episode 22 pretty much displayed that she was done with Lelouch's lies, choosing to oppose him. She even commented how she couldn't believe that Lelouch would go so far as to use the UN representatives as a shield. It only served to re-affirm her belief that Lelouch is evil and has to be stopped. She may have placed Lelouch before the Black Knights back in Episode 19, but then episode 22 happened.

Besides, the wording of her gum-line only makes sense if it's said to a character other than Lelouch.
except that she is fighting against him
she is putting her family and friends ahead of him
its not like she just said "fuck it, i'll go join the man i love and leave the rest of the world to fuck right off"
she's even gone so far as to take it upon herself to personally defeat him (which is again putting the needs of the world over her own feelings)
but its very likely that while she has made the rational choice to oppse him for the sake of the world
she would find herself unable to go on with it at the last moment
more so if she actually finds out the truth about why he is doing this
Old 2008-09-15, 04:30   Link #10827
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:

the extended preview shows her crying when meeting him and reluctant to finish him. If she is as you potray she would, she would have killed him there and then. And you can't really say anything about her brother's dream. It's still her brother's dream, and as we currently are, don't know what is hers.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:32   Link #10828
equinox822

Of course she would be reluctant to kill him and be in tears. That's a human reaction in a situation like that. That doesn't mean it will stop her from doing what must be done.
Old 2008-09-15, 04:34   Link #10829
Baixinho

Quote:

Never said that, but when you know that what Lelouch is actually doing is exactly what Naoto and the BK were dreaming of, I think that you may see a way for her to both not kill Lelouch and still not betray her friends and dream. This way is called : learning the truth....

Ep 22 was build up. Wait for the conclusion before stating stuff as if it were fact. She right now thinks that Lelouch is evil, and we had a confirmation this Ep that tis evilness was a mask. If you really think that Kallen and Nunnally will end this serie believing that Lelouch was a demon, you're being delusional. Or the directors have just lost it.

And there is no reason why Kallen would not forgive someone to love someone else. There is no reason for Kallen's most important line being said to anyone but Lelouch. You're just being delusional.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:41   Link #10830
equinox822

If ep22 really turns out to be build-up as you said, then it will be just as much of a cop-out on Sunrise's part as Nunnally's survival was. In other words, a good bit of character development happened, changing things this late will only erase all the progress that was made. Episode 22 had an air of finality in it, but as has been said, we will only find out next sunday.

At any rate, I can fully see Sunrise doing an ending where everyone will find out of Lelouch's true intentions only after his death.

I still stand by the fact that wording of the gum-line only makes sense if it's said to someone other than Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-15, 04:46   Link #10831
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
I would refer you to my previous post. Besides, it doesn't matter what or whom the gum lines were directed to- they contain spoilers, people will buy them anyway.
What are you telling ? Those cards will be sold after the anime end, they will not contain any spoilers, they will contain most important characters line; If this gum line wasn't directed to Lelouch, her gum line will be certainly another, since to Kallen, her most important one is now Lelouch, what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

And what is it with this family thing ? Are people on the Ikaruga dead ? No; If Taniguchi wished to give to Kallen the strenght to Kallen to kill lelouch, they should have died, particularly Ougi, who is like a brother to her (Tsss...a brother who forget her when she was captured but anyway...) and who is waving a big death flag because of his baby.

The fact is, they are all alive, and when Tamaki and Kallen were heading towards the battlefield, they didn't seemed this much angry imo; Now, Schneizel sent Fleija, if Xingke is discovering it : Problem in the army; Add to this the fact that Amisuke said Kallen had to take her own decisions, add to this ths fact that she was the female lead during R2, that she spent a lot of screentime thinking and learning about him, add to this that her most important line is obviously directed to Lelouch, and add to this Schneizel is a big asshole, and then you will understand what is logical, and what isn't.

And yeah, episode 22 happened. The very episode where she learns that she loves him.

Just take facts and forget your opinion, it's only a matter of facts there, if Kallen could kill Lelouch like that, if she had to be his enemy till the very end, her character devellopment will be the most ridiculous ever.

Taniguchi could became a very opponent of Fukuda in term of directing.

Kallen Kozuki/Athrun Zala, même combat. (same fight, but I prefer tell this in french. )

Old 2008-09-15, 05:03   Link #10832
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Kallen Kozuki/Athrun Zala, même combat. (same fight, but I prefer tell this in french. )
So, you mean Kallen harbors a homoerotic passion for her supposed love interest's sibling, carefully hidden by a (reverse, in this case) harem of "beards"?

OMG, it all makes sense, now!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 05:32   Link #10833
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
She actually reminds me of Soryuu Asuka Langley in a way. Both are tsundere, proud in what they do, and both are doing this for their mother. Not to mention both are dense when their feeling is involved.
Red Mechas are win
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 05:43   Link #10834
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

30s preview...

Lelouch is seeing CC off in the hangar. Remember, she is staring at her mecha at the end of episode 23. This scene is probably from the beginning of 24.

When we see the Guren, we see it on one knee deep inside the Avalon. We also see the Avalon damaged and it looks like its falling.

We also see Shinkirou take a direct hit when it opens its beam cannon. Gino and Lelouch may have a confrontation. Gino's mecha probably damages Shinkirou. It looks like it was blasted from afar. Gino's mech also seems to be inside Avalon.

I wonder if Kallen saves Lelouch as the Avalon is crashing?

This may be the part where Schneizel shows his true colors and Kallen decides to join Lelouch on his last push to take out Schneizel. She is crying doing that scene. Maybe Lelouch answers her question and she opens the door to let him in.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 05:47   Link #10835
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
She actually reminds me of Soryuu Asuka Langley in a way. Both are tsundere, proud in what they do, and both are doing this for their mother. Not to mention both are dense when their feeling is involved.
Red Mechas are win
In a way yes; Just that Kallen isn't this much of a tsundere, and she is maybe a bit less insane than Asuka.
bah, Asuka is too part of my top female characters so, I don't really mind the parallel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
So, you mean Kallen harbors a homoerotic passion for her supposed love interest's sibling, carefully hidden by a (reverse, in this case) harem of "beards"?

OMG, it all makes sense, now!
Wow...When you put things this way and that i realize that I'm both fan of Asucaga and Kalulu...I start to wonder if there isn't something weird about me.

It fits The worst is that it fits perfectly

Old 2008-09-15, 05:51   Link #10836
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I like the idea that he responds with "I don't want forgiveness" (or "Then don't forgive me") to "If you say "I love you", I won't forgive you". And that being the only thing he says. It sends the message across pretty well.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 06:22   Link #10837
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqDnzu4IClY

Extended version of the preview
scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:04   Link #10838
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I like the idea that he responds with "I don't want forgiveness" (or "Then don't forgive me") to "If you say "I love you", I won't forgive you". And that being the only thing he says. It sends the message across pretty well.
Me too~Esp. if it's done with Jun's teasing voice...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:07   Link #10839
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
30s preview...

Lelouch is seeing CC off in the hangar. Remember, she is staring at her mecha at the end of episode 23. This scene is probably from the beginning of 24.

When we see the Guren, we see it on one knee deep inside the Avalon. We also see the Avalon damaged and it looks like its falling.

We also see Shinkirou take a direct hit when it opens its beam cannon. Gino and Lelouch may have a confrontation. Gino's mecha probably damages Shinkirou. It looks like it was blasted from afar. Gino's mech also seems to be inside Avalon.

I wonder if Kallen saves Lelouch as the Avalon is crashing?

This may be the part where Schneizel shows his true colors and Kallen decides to join Lelouch on his last push to take out Schneizel. She is crying doing that scene. Maybe Lelouch answers her question and she opens the door to let him in.
Lulu is fighting Gino inside the floating fortress.

I believe only Kallan and Tamaki assault the Avalon
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:42   Link #10840
Babaganush
Banned

Quote:
Her gumline is to C.C. intervening to save Lelouch's arse, or Gino dying to save her, possibly taking a fatal blow launched by Suzaku in her stead. She will do what she thinks will save her comrades, Ougi, Tamaki etc. ie, her family.
this man undertsnads.

kallens niw lelouchs enemy not his love intrerest that's ccs role now.

kallenll hook up with gino.
Babaganush is offline   Reply With Quote