AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-06, 14:34   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by vozenpop View Post
Don't like the new intro that much.
I think it's frigging hilarious. However even though it is a guaranteed Oricon top seller I think it's high tea time that somebody sat down with whoever is in charge of green lighting music for Kyoto Animation shows and explain to them the concepts of musicality cause I'm still not sure what they were actually going for there as a listener. I think the word "cacophony" is adequate to describe errr....."GO! GO! MANIAC"
Old 2010-04-06, 15:04   Link #22
Kon the Magnificent

I personally love the opening and ending, can't wait to watch the full episode
Old 2010-04-06, 15:05   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess they took the "They are a high school band who barely practices, they are supposed to be bad" complaints to hearth.

Then again we are talking about the same guys who thought having seiyuus doing karaoke sessions and shiraishi minoru doing skits for an ending was a good idea. Not that I'm complaining. I need my daily dose of shenanigans.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:46   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

For better or for worse, the usual K-On-like episode. As always, little to no content. Though the characters didn't act as retarded as usual...? Well, except maybe that moment where Mio thought up something incredibly random and ran off.

And as always, the band scenes are cut. So used to it thanks to the first season, don't feel disappointed at all... (-_-)

The OP... felt like mental torture.
The ED's sense bombed... The star part felt like a poor man's Shaft or something. More than that, the sense...
Both songs aren't even decent as far as listenable songs go...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-04-06, 16:00   Link #25
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Episode itself is fine.

Spoiler for Episode One plot and impressions...without understanding the language:
Spoiler for Raw thoughts:
Old 2010-04-06, 16:09   Link #26
kitten320

Ok just saw the whole thing...

OP - duno, I like it far more than the last one and it seems to be filled with character fan service as well as MiTsu fan service. Though song does sound weird especially at the beginning . Like real chipmunks. But I still like it^^

ED - kinda disappointed. Liked old one FAR more. By the way it is it Mio with weird hairstyle in the beginning 0_o
Song isn't that great as last time... costumes especially. The only outfit that I liked was Ritsu's. She looked the best there.

About episode... well didn't get the biggest part, need subs. But it seemed fine^^
Liked the intro with Yui. Sad that concert was short. Kinda liked how Ritsu tried to get members. Wonder what the heck Mio was imagining there... also want to know what Yui was saying. So yeh, don't have any real complaints here. It had some good humor scenes.

A bit off topic but...
Why the heck judoists are always portrayed so ugly and stupid in anime? 0_o
I wouldn't call myself and my teammates ugly and stupid, actually most of us have great looks! Better than some others... that's really sad that judo is looked down like that even though it is Japanese national sport
Old 2010-04-06, 16:10   Link #27
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

This episode felt less 'moe in your face' and I just thought the episode was cute. But it's pretty much the same except with a new opening and ending.

I like the new opening then the new ending...it's sorta weird...
Old 2010-04-06, 16:22   Link #28
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ok just saw the whole thing...
A bit off topic but...
Why the heck judoists are always portrayed so ugly and stupid in anime? 0_o
I wouldn't call myself and my teammates ugly and stupid, actually most of us have great looks! Better than some others... that's really sad that judo is looked down like that even though it is Japanese national sport
Here, have some positive portrayal of Judo. (By the same author as Monster and 20th century boys to boot).

err... on topic...

Anyway, has any group confirmed that they will be fansubbing this?
Old 2010-04-06, 16:24   Link #29
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

opening hurts my ears. i thought helium..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:30   Link #30
vozenpop
Yui&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
opening hurts my ears. i thought helium..
My only problem is that the signing sounds weird.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:31   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I think it's high tea time that somebody sat down with whoever is in charge of green lighting music for Kyoto Animation shows and explain to them the concepts of musicality cause I'm still not sure what they were actually going for there as a listener. I think the word "cacophony" is adequate to describe errr....."GO! GO! MANIAC"
Eh? What are you talking about? Musically speaking, the song was fine, if extremely high energy. The song was pretty well-composed, and each instrument has some elaborate parts that require a fair bit of skill and finesse to play correctly and keep everything in time with the other players. It may sound like a mess to you, but the band performance was very tight. Vocals were sort of a matter of taste; it's a very unusual sound, but it has a certain appeal. Instrumentally, it will make for a good challenge piece for any musicians who want to give it a shot (which is one of the side-objectives of all the music in this franchise). It's not cacaphony or lacking in musicality just because you don't like it.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:36   Link #32
Roardel

I waited, I waited, I waited TODAY. Finally I see K-ON!! 2nd season.

I'm satisfied with new OP/ED.
GO! GO! MANIAC is so damn rocking. I could not hear the lyrics (I'm Japanese, though).
Listen!! reminded me of 1980s pop song. It's so nostalgic.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:59   Link #33
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Dont like the OP, but I like the ED
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-04-06, 17:05   Link #34
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interments on the OP are fine...Yui seems unnaturally sped up at times, like the put her voice into Mugi's keyboards and spit it back out and 1.5 times speed for certain words.

The ED is fine..not as amasing as Don't Say Lazy, but yeah, definately 80s style...Mio seems geared for that.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:23   Link #35
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Here, have some positive portrayal of Judo. (By the same author as Monster and 20th century boys to boot).

err... on topic...

Anyway, has any group confirmed that they will be fansubbing this?
That's probably the only anime like that

And I'm sure there will be.

And dunno, I really didn't like th ED. The music was nice but that Mio with weird hairstyle completly threw me off... that was Miio, right?
And outfits... Ritsu looks the best but others... Meh...
Though it did have some good parts... The last ED own this one in all possible ways.

And if you listen to OP several times, it doesn't sound so bad^^
As I mentioned before, I like it more than last one.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:47   Link #36
Peanutbutter

There has to be a time when I know bad music is bad, and the OP is one example. I don't think I can ever get into it, like Lucky Star's OP for comparison. Initially, I thought that was bad, but it was addictive after a while. This one? Nah.

Did the Chipmunks sing it?

Will have more after I finished watching.

EDIT: ED is not that bad, but the first season's OP and ED still owns both new ones. Is it something inherent? The second season pales in comparison to the first one?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2010-04-06 at 18:13.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:59   Link #37
ThoHell

YOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA! My beloved fluffy series is back and I can't wait! More Yui goodness to come.
Old 2010-04-06, 18:25   Link #38
Proto

Quote:
I thought that was bad, but it was addictive after a while. This one? Nah.
Try saying that after hearing it 38 times.

and counting.
Old 2010-04-06, 18:37   Link #39
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I'm in agreement with most people regarding the new OP/ED. The ED was ok, the opening was just... annoying to listen to. It was rather disappointing, cause I had high hopes for both of them. As for the episode itself, I guess it was the same(?) old K-On episode, but it felt alot more boring than I had remembered of the first season. It was simply bland - not much content, no comedy, no laughs, etc . Maybe my taste changed a bit over the past year...
Old 2010-04-06, 18:45   Link #40
kitten320

Well it wasn't the greatest episode. But it was introduction to new season. If it will keep some manga moments, I'm sure it will get much better in next episodes