AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 7.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 28.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 14.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-18, 17:33   Link #41
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
No, it's not that. The actual writer of the novel is also the storywriter for the anime version, so that just cannot be the problem.
If that is the case then should we not trust in him that he knows what he is doing. If it's the same person writing the novels then he must have a plan for doing this. He is not writing a very successful novel and writing the anime for nothing, he must be doing something right.
Old 2007-11-18, 18:01   Link #42
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
No, it's not that. The actual writer of the novel is also the storywriter for the anime version, so that just cannot be the problem.
Incorrect, he is not the story writer, he is prviding assistance with the writing.
Old 2007-11-18, 18:40   Link #43
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Incorrect, he is not the story writer, he is prviding assistance with the writing.
to be fair, that's certainly more than we can say for s1.
Old 2007-11-18, 20:52   Link #44
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
I don't think the writer is the same person..
Old 2007-11-18, 22:00   Link #45
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
I don't think the writer is the same person..
No, the main writer for both anime series is the same person, Yasuko Kobayashi. The scriptwriters for individual episodes however... only 2 of the 3 from the first series, Kobayashi herself and Hideki Shirane have been involved in the second season so far. Kobayashi wrote the first 3 episodes (and also wrote episode 10, which hasn't aired yet) and Shirane wrote episodes 5 and 7.

For the record, in the first season, Kobayashi wrote the scripts for 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 and 24. Shirane wrote episodes 6, 9, 12, 13 and 20. The one who's so far been missing from the second season is Katsuichi Satou, who wrote the scripts for episodes 5, 11, 14, 15 and 16 of season 1.

Season 2 introduced us to 2 new script writers to the series, Kazuhiko Inukai (4, and the upcoming ep 8) and Seishi Minakami (6 and the upcoming ep 9).
Old 2007-11-18, 22:09   Link #46
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, then what about the rumor that Takahashi was involved in the SnS II project?
Old 2007-11-18, 22:27   Link #47
Tokkan

Quote:
Okay, then what about the rumor that Takahashi was involved in the SnS II project?
He is involved.

http://www.shakugan.com/staff/index.html

Quote:
シリーズ構成協力 高橋弥七郎
"Series Composition Assistance - Yashichirou Takahashi"

He's also credited in the OP, though his role is shortened to just 構成協力 (Composition Assistance). The one in charge of Series Composition, or in other words, the series writer is the one who is in charge of writing the entire plot line of the series, not the scripts of individual episodes. Though Kobayashi does write episode scripts.
Old 2007-11-19, 10:46   Link #48
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
lol i watched the chinese subbed version. Generally the episode is ok. Ike is over-reacting to kazumi's actions lol.

Also, shana playing the video game was funny too.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:19   Link #49
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
EDIT: It wasn't staff issues. QC checking has produced negative results over Eclipse, and as a result, the episodes are being continually reworked.
Correct me if I am wrong. I think that there is a lot more text to be subbed than usual, causing Hayate to be released later than usual. In turn, the release of SnS is also delayed.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:21   Link #50
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. I think that there is a lot more text to be subbed than usual, causing Hayate to be released later than usual. In turn, the release of SnS is also delayed.
I believe it was something like that, yes. Eclipse and Static Subs usually follow this cycle:

Hayate no Gotoku
Clannad
Shakugan no Shana

and rotate, and they get other stuff done during their free periods.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:32   Link #51
alvinkhorfire

minhtam2448
How do you know about QC checking issue? Do you know someone in Eclipse or Static Subs?
Old 2007-11-19, 17:38   Link #52
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
minhtam2448
How do you know about QC checking issue? Do you know someone in Eclipse or Static Subs?
Well, I'm not sure if it's quality check, but it was quality.

http://forum.staticsubs.org/index.php?topic=1613.0
Old 2007-11-19, 19:26   Link #53
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
And it's not coming out of nowhere in this season either, since they've been putting in little bits of this subplot for the last few weeks (the ramen eating, the talk about enjoying normal times, asking Shana about becoming a Flame Haze this week).
I think that it is possible for Satou to be a Flame Haze. Although he can start to train under Marjorie, his ability is limited as he is just a human. Being a Flame haze will enable him to be in better position to fight Tomogara.

But then, is there any available Crimson Denizen for him to make contact with? Does he have enough capacity to make a contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
erm, this episode consider a filler ??? I mean, it talk about Ike's plan but most of the "perfect" plan is failed in the end... Ike suitable to become a general ...
I do have a hunch that his plan will fail, but I don't expect it fails to this extent. After all, he is a smart student and he did have a detailed preparation. Then, why did he fail? Is it because the info he obtained is incorrect?
Old 2007-11-19, 19:39   Link #54
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I think that it is possible for Satou to be a Flame Haze. Although he can start to train under Marjorie, his ability is limited as he is just a human. Being a Flame haze will enable him to be in better position to fight Tomogara.

But then, is there any available Crimson Denizen for him to make contact with? Does he have enough capacity to make a contact?
It is possible for any human to become a Flame Haze, but there has to be a Crimson Denizen for him to make a contract. Are there any available? We don't know.

Quote:
I do have a hunch that his plan will fail, but I don't expect it fails to this extent. After all, he is a smart student and he did have a detailed preparation. Then, why did he fail? Is it because the info he obtained is incorrect?
Hayato's info was based on average turnout at that particular amusement park. Seems like there were more people than Hayato expected.
Old 2007-11-19, 21:29   Link #55
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Is it possible that a human can become a Tomogara and vice versa?
Old 2007-11-19, 22:17   Link #56
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Is it possible that a human can become a Tomogara and vice versa?
Tomogara's do have the ability to change portions of reality given enough power of existence or even just a specific power of existence, so its perfectly possible.

as for Humans? well, I'd say that's basically what being a flame haze entails: all the positives of being from the crimson realm (increased abilities, immortality, etc.) without any of the negatives (needing PoE to maintain self in the human world). But other than that I rather doubt it. At best, a lone human can only forcibly convert themselves into Hougu. (like Tenmoku Ikko) You'd have to become a torch to even be able to be like tomogara, but there's only one torch who can maintain themself indefinitely, so it doesn't really work.
Old 2007-11-20, 11:48   Link #57
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Not to mention that the meaning of Guze no Tomogara is Crimson Denizens, and our friend the dictionary defines denizen as

Quote:
denizen
n 1: a person who inhabits a particular place [syn: inhabitant,
dweller]
You can be an chikyu no tomogara if that makes you feel better
Old 2007-11-20, 12:45   Link #58
tabun
rawr!

Ah, thank you, mintham 2448, for the info on the subbing process. I dared not ask myself what's taking them so long, as I would generally call it bad manners (like in I demand my free service now ). I will just be a little more patient and wait ^^
Old 2007-11-20, 18:22   Link #59
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
Ah, thank you, mintham 2448, for the info on the subbing process. I dared not ask myself what's taking them so long, as I would generally call it bad manners (like in I demand my free service now ). I will just be a little more patient and wait ^^
Yeah, the folks at Static Subs really do get mad when we ask. Basically, I asked if I could fill a position just in case, despite not having enough experience, and they stated their problems.
Old 2007-11-21, 03:46   Link #60
tabun
rawr!

I liked the talk about a cadet team etc.

Knowing that there is hardly any story development at all again makes waiting matter far less to me. In fact, it led me to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann after all, and that is something I should be thankful for!

Alas, enough of the off topic!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintham2448
Speaking of which, ep 8 is on right now...

*runs*
hahahaha ^^

Last edited by tabun; 2007-11-22 at 15:47. Reason: for the heck of it
Closed Thread