AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-08, 04:45   Link #6701
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

This MG is so cool. The pack looks better than Strike's IMO and the way they lengthened, slendered anmd made the features more elongated just appeals to my tastes 100%. I think about getting this one and Destiny.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 05:25   Link #6702
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

wish the rifle would be black like Destiny's , but it just looks like Noir's pistol's color >_>
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:01   Link #6703
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
I am beginning to like this kit also.....any chances of Sword/Blast & maybe Destiny impulse?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 08:38   Link #6704
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
That impulse his figure... its weird.. legs n gun look just odd.
Old 2008-04-08, 08:54   Link #6705
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
in a way it look freedomish for the MG.......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 08:56   Link #6706
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
in a way it look freedomish for the MG.......
Yeah, but its not the Freedom, its the Impulse. I would rather it look like the Impulse and not look Freedomish.

In all honesty, its another wasted MG. I'll wait for MG Musha instead of this.
Old 2008-04-08, 09:01   Link #6707
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Thank you, Bandai for releasing the MG Impulse. Because it's a kit I do not want ever in my stash and with the money not spent on this 'Gundam', I can buy other, better looking stuff like the Hasegawa 1/48 Draken or the Yamato 1/60 YF-21. So, who says Bandai isn't customer orientated?

As such, the obligatory bitching of 'WHERE IS MY MASTER GRADE VICTORY AND V2, BANDAI?'
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 10:59   Link #6708
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Actually, is a MG V2 feasible? I mean, look at the transformation system, it looks really fragile and to think that it will be made into a smaller MG size, it just worries is it even possible to make a MG V2.

Not that I will buy it anyway. Not really interested in its design
Old 2008-04-08, 11:01   Link #6709
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

How is its transformation system fragile looking?
Old 2008-04-08, 11:06   Link #6710
Illpalazzo87

Excuse me ^^ Beginner here looking for a little help.. I've recently taken interest in making Gundam model Kits mainly the 1/100 HG and MG and would like to make more out of them than I have been doing, so I've been doing a lot of research and reading up. I was thinking about getting this :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-Sta...669281&sr=8-12

I was just wanting to know if this would do what I needed to make my gundams look that bit more interesting since it's also on offer right now.
Illpalazzo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 11:22   Link #6711
Zerowinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
I live in Europe, but one of the recommendations I got was www.plajapan.com situated in California. I haven't ordered from there yet but their prices seem to be ok.
are those the only models on the market? they seem small, i want to be able to build a gundam that has the scale/size of a 15/16inch computer screen... dunno if there is any thou. 1/100 just seem kinda small in my eye's

EDIT:

nwm found it! orderd home

http://plajapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1404
http://plajapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=472

this is gona be fun!

Last edited by Zerowinger; 2008-04-08 at 11:36.
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 11:25   Link #6712
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Actually, is a MG V2 feasible? I mean, look at the transformation system, it looks really fragile and to think that it will be made into a smaller MG size, it just worries is it even possible to make a MG V2.

Not that I will buy it anyway. Not really interested in its design
Which is why the Impulse is a testbed for the technology. If they screw up with the Impulse, no big loss. Just back to the drawing board.

As for the system, look at Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line ie Gunbuster. Everyone thought that it's transformation and gattai sequence was impossible. And yet Bandai pulled it off without any problems.

If anyone can do it, it's Bandai. They have the engineering know-how to do it.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 11:30   Link #6713
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
How is its transformation system fragile looking?
It has been a long time since I last watched Victory Gundam, but I remember when the head and body part combining, the body part kinda separate into 2 to combine. It may be possible to make a MG Victory series in a normal MG size, but since it will be a smaller class, the fragility and complexity of the kit may be what stop Bandai from making it for so long
Old 2008-04-08, 11:57   Link #6714
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It has been a long time since I last watched Victory Gundam, but I remember when the head and body part combining, the body part kinda separate into 2 to combine. It may be possible to make a MG Victory series in a normal MG size, but since it will be a smaller class, the fragility and complexity of the kit may be what stop Bandai from making it for so long
Well, I personally don't think the transformation system is fragile looking in anyway, so I think its easily feasible for an MG.
And in regards to the size, they already did an MG F91. Its smaller than most Gundams. the V or V2 is practically the same size as the F91.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:35   Link #6715
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Well, I personally don't think the transformation system is fragile looking in anyway, so I think its easily feasible for an MG.
And in regards to the size, they already did an MG F91. Its smaller than most Gundams. the V or V2 is practically the same size as the F91.
Transform, transform! I know that the F91 can't transform, but here's the kicker: that F91 suffered from "Gah this part is so weak I broke it" reports, I really can't see Bandai wanting "Bleargh this transformation is so flimsy I'm gonna sue Bandai" kind of reports.

And, liking that MG Impulse. Yeah there are people who want to buy this, so Bandai is customer orientated >_>
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 13:10   Link #6716
astranagun

@ srb and Zerowinger
If you are interested in all types of models you may hopefuly find this site interesting: http://www.japanimport.it/.
Beware that it is in italian.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 14:22   Link #6717
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Transform, transform! I know that the F91 can't transform, but here's the kicker: that F91 suffered from "Gah this part is so weak I broke it" reports, I really can't see Bandai wanting "Bleargh this transformation is so flimsy I'm gonna sue Bandai" kind of reports.

And, liking that MG Impulse. Yeah there are people who want to buy this, so Bandai is customer orientated >_>
I never had that problem with my F91. If people are breaking parts, its because there being too rough with them.
Old 2008-04-08, 15:10   Link #6718
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Why with all the negative comments on the Impulse? its just like TurnA last time people, if you dont like it, somebody else will. Me I love both the TurnA and this version of Impulse. It just looks so sleek, kinda like the 1/100 I-Justice back then. Now I dont want all models to be sleek like this (I wish Hi-Nu was bulkier and closer to the original design, which I liked) but making impulse like this is a great decision.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 15:13   Link #6719
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Why with all the negative comments on the Impulse? its just like TurnA last time people, if you dont like it, somebody else will. Me I love both the TurnA and this version of Impulse. It just looks so sleek, kinda like the 1/100 I-Justice back then. Now I dont want all models to be sleek like this (I wish Hi-Nu was bulkier and closer to the original design, which I liked) but making impulse like this is a great decision.
I myself actually like the impulse design, but I prefer the original design to this new sleeker, "freedom-like" design. To me, the legs look odd, like their too narrow. And the rifle looks too small.
Old 2008-04-08, 15:41   Link #6720
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Word.

To me, it always seemed that HG Impulse's head was just too big (the only major, but a VERY major, flaw in my eyes). And here we have... they've shrinked it a bit so it'd look cooler. Well, I think it does.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy