AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 14:01   Link #3281
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
New Aquarion EVOL POLL:

Male:
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/32229/

Female:
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/32228/

Current male positions:
1. Jin
2. Kagura
3. Operator Guy
4. Shrade
5. Cayenne

Current female positions:
1. Sasanka
2. Zessica
3. Mikono
4. MIX
5. Yunoha
Atleast Mikono is much more popular this time around, more people are liking her! Yay for character development. :P. And ofcourse Jin would be first. I'm surprised that Amata is not on there.. being the main character and all.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-06 at 14:36.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 14:52   Link #3282
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Wow, is this true? "Operator guy" beats the supposed male lead who doesn't even make the top 5. Meanwhile a gag side character fujoshi takes the crown for the girls, with the supposed female lead just about making 3rd spot.

There's something so wrong with this show that viewers care more about rarely appearing side characters than the supposed leads :S
I don't think this normally is the case from what I remember of other show's polls.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 14:57   Link #3283
ShinyBunny

Don't take biglobe polls seriously
ShinyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 15:00   Link #3284
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyBunny View Post
Don't take biglobe polls seriously
ah right, I didn't actually look at the link/know, sorry. Any idea what the poll results were in the magazines if there were any? xD
Old 2012-05-06, 15:26   Link #3285
mixordia

They will not do a serious poll about the characters, at least not at this point, I believe.

This poll is made by fans, not serious and the most votes comes from the male audience, this is obvious by the difference in votes between the two polls. However, we can see how most japanese see the characters at this point of the show, after all, serious or not, it's a poll, and the number of votes isn't small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Atleast Mikono is much more popular this time around, more people are liking her! Yay for character development. :P. And ofcourse Jin would be first. I'm surprised that Amata is not on there.. being the main character and all.
In the last poll on this site she ranked last. I always liked Mikono, and even if this poll is weird or not, I like to see that she is a little more pleasing to the public. Despite the way she is, I never saw anything wrong in her character as most people see.

Last edited by mixordia; 2012-05-06 at 15:37.
mixordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:03   Link #3286
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

yeah, true... and my point still stands, I think it's weird the public doesn't care most (or at least a lot)about the leads- that's why they're leads, to appeal to the masses.
Says something, but not sure what

Quote:
In the last poll on this site she ranked last. I always liked Mikono, and even if this poll is weird or not, I like to see that she is a little more pleasing to the public. Despite the way she is, I never saw anything wrong in her character as most people see.
I don't think there's anything wrong with her. She was/is a bit annoying and as the show started, Zessica was lightyears ahead of her (and her interactions with Amata are too bland for my taste). But Zessica has also become annoying to an equal or worse level so I can honestly say that both are alright, I don't mind them but I also don't feel attached to either of them.
.... going from that feeling I can see why they've been beaten by Sazanka of all people lol At least she's funny. These two? Downright depressing xD
Old 2012-05-06, 16:15   Link #3287
queenSwild

Quote:
The only time I found Mikono a bit annoying was the second half of the first episode. But ever since we got an reason for her behavior and alot of character development I've liked her ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
yeah, true... and my point still stands, I think it's weird the public doesn't care most (or at least a lot)about the leads- that's why they're leads, to appeal to the masses.
Says something, but not sure what

I don't think there's anything wrong with her. She was/is a bit annoying and as the show started, Zessica was lightyears ahead of her (and her interactions with Amata are too bland for my taste). But Zessica has also become annoying to an equal or worse level so I can honestly say that both are alright, I don't mind them but I also don't feel attached to either of them.
.... going from that feeling I can see why they've been beaten by Sazanka of all people lol At least she's funny. These two? Downright depressing xD
It's probably because the supporting cast gets just about, if not more, screen time then the leads. Like this episode was mainly about Andy and his pursuit for MIX, while finding Amata's mother gets sidelined until the end. :P Next episode is probably gonna be about Andy & MIX as well. While Amata and his mother.. Get sidelined.

I liked Zessica as the genki, flirty fighter girl, when she turned into the third wheel in a love triangle, not so much, now I just ignore her most of the time. :P

Mikono was depressing in the beginning but now she's changed. Take this episode for example

Spoiler:

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-06 at 16:37.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:34   Link #3288
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I liked Zessica as the genki, flirty fighter girl, when she turned into the third wheel in a love triangle, not so much, now I just ignore her most of the time. :P

Mikono was depressing in the beginning but now she's changed. Take this episode for example, while everyone else is depressed over MIX and not taking any action, she says "F that!" and goes after Fudo herself. If that's not BEAST behaviour then I don't know what is. :PP
Yep, I feel the same about Zessica. She started pissing me off the second she fell for Amata because it was clear she wouldn't stay badass and was just pathetically moping around :/
Meanwhile Mikono went from depressing to... well, I'm not sure what the word is for how she's acting towards Amata... if she was a guy, she'd be a douche, I guess (oh god, not trying to jinx things for her fate, re ep 19 revealations ).
I've yet to see this week's episode, so I can't comment on how she is there, but overall while she's definitely manned up, I can still see why she's not everyone's cup of tea... though as I said, I'm pretty much "meh" towards both girls at this point.

Over the weeks, I kept thinking MIX would be a much much better lead than either of these two. Well, we know what good that did her.
But that's why I'm totally ok with her and Andy getting tons of screen time. They are SO much more interesting than Amata, the drag, Mikono, the bore, and Zessica, the mopey^^' god Kawamori, what are you thinking??!
Old 2012-05-06, 20:12   Link #3289
mixordia

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Over the weeks, I kept thinking MIX would be a much much better lead than either of these two. Well, we know what good that did her.
But that's why I'm totally ok with her and Andy getting tons of screen time. They are SO much more interesting than Amata, the drag, Mikono, the bore, and Zessica, the mopey^^' god Kawamori, what are you thinking??!
The problem is that the secondary characters had much more development than the main characters. Amata x Mikono was always something cute, but not HOT, FIRE!!! That kind of couple that makes you feel things in the stomach I think Amata has not changed in all these episodes, that explains why he's not popular. Zessica x Amata, there never was anything between them, beyond friendship, ok, Zessica loves Amata, but he never showed anything for her and in the end she became a love-sick girl who is crying for having her love unrequited.

Kagura and Mikono, only have two real meetings, nothing more, and yet I prefer this couple over all other couples, they need more development... Mix and Andy are already predestined, it was obvious what would happen, so I never worried too much, as I'm sure they will be together in the end. They are the kind of couple who entertains, but personally I don't really like Mix so much, I prefer Sazanka.

I've given up trying to find out about reincarnations, now I only root for the characters I like not die or something.

I hope that the main characters have more development, they need it, especially Amata.
Old 2012-05-06, 20:19   Link #3290
HimeaSaito

Quote:
The problem is that the secondary characters had much more development than the main characters. Amata x Mikono was always something cute, but not HOT, FIRE!!! That couple that makes you feel things in the stomach I think Amata has not changed in all these episodes, that explains why he's not popular. Zessica x Amata, there never was anything between them, beyond friendship, ok, Zessica loves Amata, but he never showed anything for her and in the end she became a love-sick girl who is crying for having her love unrequited.

Kagura and Mikono, only have two real meetings, nothing more, and yet I prefer this couple over all other couples, they need more development... Mix and Andy are already predestined, it was obvious what would happen, so I never worried too much, as I'm sure they will be together in the end. They are the kind of couple who entertains, but personally I don't really like Mix so much, I prefer Sazanka.

I've given up trying to find out about reincarnations, now I only root for the characters I like not die or something.
Yup! Kawamori will probably give the answer of the reincarnation in ep 25-26........
Kagura and Mikono will interact more in ep 21!!!!
I like JinxYunoha for the best secondary characters couple!!!
Mix and Andy.... well they're more as a comedy couple with hole......
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:58   Link #3291
stardrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
you just need the right codecs downloaded to play it
Yeah well I tried that already and still didn't work and beside the size of it doesn't really help. Can't somone just put those episodes up like on Daily motion. I mean someone already put up episode 19 already from zero-raws. but they were from a couple of days ago and still nothing.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:39   Link #3292
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
Yeah well I tried that already and still didn't work and beside the size of it doesn't really help. Can't somone just put those episodes up like on Daily motion. I mean someone already put up episode 19 already from zero-raws. but they were from a couple of days ago and still nothing.
Translated versions are out now, so you're in luck.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:33   Link #3293
stardrago

Translated? Where exactly did you find them
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:05   Link #3294
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
I like JinxYunoha for the best secondary characters couple!!!
I forgot about Jin and Yunoha I really liked this couple, but people have become so obsessed about the two that I lost interest.

In the end, the poll ended this way:

Male:

1. Jin
2. Kagura
3. Operator Boy
4. Shrade
5. Cayenne

Poor Amata

Female:

1. Yunoha
2. Sazanka
3. Zessica
4. Mix
5. Mikono

I think the current condition of Mix make her win many votes yesterday
Old 2012-05-07, 18:55   Link #3295
Kakkou
Tch.

^ Amata was actually at 4th place until all the Shrade, Cayenne and Andy fans came out at the last hour.

At least Operator Guy seems to be well loved.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:40   Link #3296
HimeaSaito

HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:08   Link #3297
kuromitsu

Re: taking of Biglobe polls seriously, there was a poll about anime characters you can't forgive.

5th - Nadia (Ashita no Nadia) 175 votes
8th - our very own Mikono, all of 125 votes
19th - Nina (Gundam 0083) 45 votes
25th - our very own Apollonius, 27 votes

...meanwhile Job Trunicht (LoGH) is 33th with only 10 votes.

So yeah. (In case someone hasn't noticed, it's basically a venue for trolls... it doesn't really reflect the popular opinion about anything in particular)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:11   Link #3298
miketyson

Do you have a link? How did Mykage not make this list but Mikono did?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:14   Link #3299
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Do you have a link? How did Mykage not make this list but Mikono did?
I just edited in the link, I forgot to do so.

But yeah, as I said - trolls. There's no point in taking these seriously. (I mean, really, Nadia of all people?)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:33   Link #3300
miketyson

Yeah, I just wanted to see who made the list (who's got troll energy behind them). Thanks for putting the link in.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction